PDA

View Full Version : Cid's Beard

Sephex
06-14-2012, 08:59 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/cidhole.png

Been playing through FFIV again. I have never noticed this before. Why does Cid have a hole at the bottom of his beard? Does he store things there? Does that mean he has a fake beard? Did someone try to **** his beard? I can't stop staring at the beard hole in every encounter now.

ReloadPsi
06-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Maybe it's braided or has split ends, and they hang and curve inwards.

Hollycat
06-14-2012, 09:13 PM
That's where it bends forward at his crotch, presumably due to the large size.

Or more likely that is where it starts going back due to his belly no longer pushing his beard forward, so it just starts hanging.

Jinx
06-14-2012, 09:45 PM
To me it looks like a ballsack with a little penis?

Gamblet
06-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Beardfap!

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2012, 04:56 AM
Beardholes are common in engineers. It's where they keep their secret inventions.

How do you think Cid was able to keep the Enterprise away from the Ca...Cai...Kai...the water dude? Beardhole.

chionos
06-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Okay, that's my "random shit of the day" in for Friday, June 15th. Thanks Seph. Hon. Mention to FoA for "Beardholes are common in engineers."

Tigmafuzz
06-15-2012, 07:04 AM
His beard is shaped in a way that it's actually completely hollow. It curls around and when it gets to the bottom there just isn't enough to make a full point. So the angle you see it from makes it look like a hole. It's just a temporary entry point until he can finish growing out the remaining two inches needed to close it at the end and make a point with it for stabbing enemies. He will become immortal.

Sephex
06-15-2012, 09:45 AM
His beard is shaped in a way that it's actually completely hollow. It curls around and when it gets to the bottom there just isn't enough to make a full point. So the angle you see it from makes it look like a hole. It's just a temporary entry point until he can finish growing out the remaining two inches needed to close it at the end and make a point with it for stabbing enemies. He will become immortal.

For some reason, your response reminded me of the way the third question was answered in this clip.

Nothing Can Kill The Grimace - YouTube (http://youtu.be/zeyU7uVOTic)

Rantz
06-15-2012, 11:49 AM
It's the same principle as zippers on pants and that front hole on some boxer shorts. You don't want to have to throw that beard over your shoulder every time you need to go.

fire_of_avalon
06-20-2012, 03:30 AM
And there goes all of my love and desire for beards. Thanks, Rantz. Gonna go be a nun now.

Jiro
06-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Where does Cid put his hammer when he's not working? In his beard, clearly. We thought Final Fantasy heroes magically produced their weapons for battles, but it's easily explained stuff like this. Cid's entire beard is hollow out so his hammer can fit.

Sephex
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Another theory I have is that he keeps a horn in there so he can play his theme music on the go.

So he has a horny beard, I guess. Yup, it's morning alright...

Roogle
06-20-2012, 11:12 PM
The first thing that I think of when I think of Cid from Final Fantasy IV is his toothy grin. Who smiles like that? I would be focusing more on that rather than the strange look of his beard on his battle sprite. I think that is meant to represent a braid of some kind.