PDA

View Full Version : Who was your favorite Judge?

Wolf Kanno
06-16-2012, 04:13 AM
The real stars of this game was the Archadian Judges but which one was your favorite. I have to go with the easy answer of Judgemaster Gabranth but I also have a soft spot for psychopath Judge Bergan and I also liked Judge Drace despite being unceremoniously executed before she got to do anything useful. I really wish they released the International Version because I would have loved to face the optional battle against all five Judges.

Jessweeee♪
06-18-2012, 07:52 PM
I always found myself wishing Drace could have played a larger role. I found her to be a very interesting character in the five minutes that I knew her :(

Hollycat
06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
I always found myself wishing Drace could have played a larger role. I found her to be a very interesting character in the five minutes that I knew her :(

She was the only judge I felt any sort of real attachment to.
While Gabranth may have been in charge of Larsa, Drace was the only one who seemed ot care about him. I was kind of hoping she was eventually going ot join the party or perhaps reveal herself during the final battle as still being alive and attack the bahamut with whatever kind of ship she had.

Rodney
06-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Drace. Just for being the only female Judge.

Ghis is number two, though, as I really think he could've been one of the candidates for the game's main villain over Vayne.

BG-57
06-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I liked Drace as well, but Zargabaath is my favorite for the following reasons:

1) He fits the noble demon archetype, which is one of my favorites.

2) He's voiced by Simon Templeman, who voiced Kain in the LoK and Soul Reaver games.

What else needs to be said? :)

ReloadPsi
07-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Balthier used to be a judge, right? Him then.

Jiro
07-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Drace seemed strangely juxtaposed with the others, having a heart and all that. I have to agree with everyone that she really should've had a larger role.

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm going to add my bleating to the crowd and say Drace. I loved that she, like many characters in FFXII, was simply someone doing what they can in a tough situation. She seemed to be aware of how the world truly worked, and she highlighted the fact that nothing is simply black and white in this game.

Having said that, Balthier :heart:.

Mercen-X
08-18-2012, 05:52 PM
If it had been listed, I would have picked Ffamran, but I'll choose Zecht for similar reasons.

Formalhaut
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Zargabaath for having a cool name and a judge with a heart, but Drace comes a close second.

Raistlin
09-20-2012, 02:29 AM
As a person? Probably Zargabaath, who really tries to do good. He also has a crazy name.

As a character, though, Bergan was delightfully evil.

SeronStar
09-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Gabranth.

Roogle
09-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Judge Drace was my favorite judge in Final Fantasy XII. I wish that they would have given her more scenes from her point of view before her untimely demise.

Formalhaut
09-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Judge Drace was my favorite judge in Final Fantasy XII. I wish that they would have given her more scenes from her point of view before her untimely demise.

Yeah, aside from Gabranth, the other judges were just cameos really.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Noah fon Ronsenburg. Probably a cop out answer because I've spent many many more hours playing Dissidia than FF12 and don't really remember any of the other judges in that game.

"You should feel ashamed!". I do, EoFF faithful, I do. Don't worry, I plan on giving this game a serious playthrough sooner rather than later.

Plus how awesome is this:

Dissidia 012: Duodecim - Gabranth vs. 000 Feral Chaos - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kox65MEcH5A&feature=related)

On a side note, remember back when FF12 came out and everyones custom user title was "I'm Captain Basch!"? One of the things I enjoy about this game is all the inside jokes it created with the forum members.

Formalhaut
10-17-2012, 09:41 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12185623/Balthier%20Wonka.jpg

Oh XII, the game full of puns.

Bolivar
10-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Ruthless, you say? Would he were more so!
He gives traitors no quarter, be they of his own blood!
How fitting for one who would bear the burden of empire...

Judge Magister Bergen, director of the 2nd Bureau is a BAAAAAAAAAAD man.

But you gotta go with Gabranth. He's the Leon Archetype we've seen so many FF's borrow from FFII, and the symbol of this title. The only story worth telling is the human heart in conflict with itself and that's Judge Magister Gabranth.

They really need to re-release this game.

Wolf Kanno
10-18-2012, 12:05 AM
It would be interesting to see Matsuno get hired on and do a remake of this game like what they did with Tactics Ogre.

TreasonWall
05-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Drace. She's almost like an elderly, female Eddard Stark. Your argument is invalid. And since we're including Reddas, I'd consider him a runner-up.

Forsaken Lover
05-30-2013, 03:43 AM
Yet without power, what future can you claim? What good a kingdom you cannot defend?

Ha! Defend? You? You who failed Landis AND Dalmasca? What can shame hope to keep safe? Your shield is shattered! Your oath poison those you would protect!

Gabranth is like the best character in the entire game, let alone the best Judge.

All the Judge Magisters were great though so it merely says a lot about Gabratnth's character that he was the best.

TrollHunter
05-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Dat necro. I'm not complaining about it though as it wasn't a TERRIBLY old thread..
OT: The judges made this game even more epic than it already was. I loved them all and I don't know if I can pick a favorite.

Loony BoB
05-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Gabranth, because he's the only Judge I can remember.

Fynn
05-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Drace. Her one scene was one of the most awesome in the game.

Freya
05-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Gabranth cause well he was a bamf.

James_Cub
09-10-2013, 02:15 PM
I liked all of them, but Drace had an awesome voice and character. Her joining the party never really crossed my mind until I read this thread but that would have been cool, she could soooo take Penelo's place and no one would notice. Noah/Gabranth was great too! plus, he IS the logo!

*~Dominique~*
10-29-2013, 01:35 PM
They were both interesting, though Gabranth got the most story and screen time.

Voted for Drace because I suspect that being a woman she had to work harder to get where she was (as there are allusions to the Empire being racist and probably more than a little bit sexist too). She also seemed to have kinder virtues and a sense of honour that extended beyond her own self-preservation.

It would have been so much greater if we had been able to see more of the background stories of the Judges (and all the characters in general). Like:
Why does Vayne seem to have a particular malicious hatred for Gabranth?
How close were Gabranth and Drace?
What was Judge Zargabaath really like?

That kind of brings up the whole essence of what frustrated me about the game. Enjoyed the gameplay and world... story not sooo much, but it could have been strengthened had the depth of the characters been explored that much more. Because I did think they were interesting!