PDA

View Full Version : My ending analysis.

xxsquallxx
06-17-2012, 04:09 PM
After a long time, i saw myself longing with the good plot of final fantasy VIII. i was watching some CG´s, and i decided to read one of those long plot analysis. More to understand things i never did, because i played the game when i was ten, and in that time, i didn´t had any knowledge in english language(i'm brazilian). Came to everybody that ultimecia´s destiny was very unclear by the game. My opinion, regardless of what she is, or from where she came, is that, when ultimecia´s is finally defeated, time is compressed, right? so she can go to any place of the timeline( thinking in time like an infinite line ), and passes her power´s to edea. Sure Squall had to let this happen, if he doesn't, every events past in FFVIII would never happened, the SeeDs, the gardens, Squall meeting Rinoa, their love story, would never took place in time. So it happened, Ultimecia passed her power´s to edea, who did that to protect the chidren. So if you think, you can see that Ultimecia´s power was trapped, sealed in time! Starting in when Edea recieve the powers, to when she is defeated! That means, in the future, will be no Ultimecia, because her powers only exist´s in the part of time that edea is possesed, to when she is defeated. So we can think that she really is defeated, because for the squall who defeated her, he will never meet her anymore. One of greatest games ever for me, hand to hand with Final Fantasy X, whose ending is really sadder. I've cried a lot in both endings.

Sylvie
06-17-2012, 07:34 PM
It's a shame that Final Fantasy VIII had no actual explanation of many of the terms and anomalies it presents. The ending probably would've been clearer, and you, my poor man, would not have to be so confused.

charliepanayi
06-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Still my favourite FF ending. My analysis of it is simple - Squall isn't dead and Rinoa isn't Ultimecia. Zell chokes on hot dogs, everyone else is happy.

Sylvie
06-17-2012, 08:26 PM
I really wish Zell had died from that.

charliepanayi
06-17-2012, 08:35 PM
You're such a ray of sunshine about this game!

Sylvie
06-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Just one ray? Look, I'm the whole ultraviolet experience.

xxsquallxx
06-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Still my favourite FF ending. My analysis of it is simple - Squall isn't dead and Rinoa isn't Ultimecia. Zell chokes on hot dogs, everyone else is happy.

this is the way that i will remember the game :)

Jiro
06-18-2012, 08:06 AM
There were so many cool concepts that they threw in without sitting down to explain them. Time travel, or at least time distortion (or compression, whatever) is not something you can just do without giving it kind of an explanation or a resolution. It just leaves you feeling empty. Sure, okay, it's stuck in an infinity loop, but doesn't that just give you the same empty feeling? Nothing you did changed anything. You couldn't have failed because you already did it that way in the cycle before.

This kind of nonsense is why I enjoyed this fanfic (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?428367-Final-Fantasy-VIII-The-Altimate-Rewrite-Part-I) so much. It's a complete rewrite of the story, explaining a lot of things and giving Squall a lot more depth without changing his personality. It really is amazing.

Sylvie
06-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Time Compression was one of the stupidest things ever.

krissy
06-18-2012, 06:50 PM
*kompression

Hollycat
06-18-2012, 09:35 PM
*kompression

Finish him!

I agree with the game being confusing, but I still enjoy it.

Roogle
06-18-2012, 10:51 PM
The background lore of the game could have been presented better.

I think it's interesting that they really don't offer much an explanation to the origin of Ellone's power or her connection to the Sorceress power.

The concept of Sorceresses is a little hazy, too, as many people were left confused as to whether Sorceresses live until they are defeated or if they live a normal lifespan. I, myself, am not that sure what the full aspect of the Sorceress power is -- it appears to be the ability to use magic without the use of a Guardian Force or junctioning.

Wolf Kanno
06-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Yeah, I've always been annoyed that the Sorceress/Witches are not explained very well. I mean we get an interesting history concerning the origins of the Sorceress through the god, Hyne; yet it never goes anywhere. I sometimes wonder if Ultimecia's real goal was to become the new Hyne by compressing time, but I guess we'll never really know unless VIII somehow got a resurgence of interest again.

I feel that what most likely happens if a Sorceress dies is that they basically become a mindless zombie propelled by magic, to seek out a new host. Ultimecia didn't exactly seem all together when she gave Edea her powers.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Maybe translations from the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania will have some of the answers to things anyone is curious about. I personally don't mind a few questions left unanswered, because it allows me to fill in the blanks with whatever I want and make the story more personal to my preferences.

Wolf Kanno
06-20-2012, 07:35 PM
The VIII ultimania really doesn't say much to be honest, outside of specs on some of the vehicles, revealing that Sorceress have normal life spans and the gender of Angelo, there is very little else the Ultimania reveals that isn't already in the game. Though the 20th Anniversary FF Ultimania does confirm a few things the the original Ultimania and game never outright confirmed, such as Squall and Laguna being related.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-21-2012, 06:10 AM
According to Ellone - The Final Fantasy Wiki (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ellone)

The Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania explains that Ellone's ability to connect to the mind of another is the same kind of process as when a person junctions a Guardian Force; one's consciousness can't be connected to another without an intermediary with a special ability — a Guardian Force, Ellone herself, or the Junction Machine Ellone.

Honestly, I don't even remember if this was talked about in-game or not. Of course, this doesn't answer what the origin of her power is, but I thought it was worth posting for people who didn't know the how of it.

Roogle
06-22-2012, 09:49 PM
I feel that what most likely happens if a Sorceress dies is that they basically become a mindless zombie propelled by magic, to seek out a new host. Ultimecia didn't exactly seem all together when she gave Edea her powers.

That's the impression that I got. They are forced to wander in agony until the Sorceress Power leaves their body to a new host. It is an interesting concept. It's a shame that the game didn't really play with the idea of how mysterious and foreign the concept of a Sorceress was. I remember feeling like the game just kind of threw the term out there and everyone was familiar with the lore except for the player. It kind of diminishes the effect of Ultimecia giving her speed in Deling City.