PDA

View Full Version : do you think abercrombie quality is underrated?

reinward
06-18-2012, 02:49 AM
ive felt like abercrombie has a reallyyyyy good price/quality ratio (assuming you buy on sale/clearance and EVERYTHING eventually gets deeply discounted like 40%+)

obviously i hate the garish branding so i never buy any shirts from there but basically all my jeans, shorts, chinos come from there.. and i can buy them all at $25-35 a pop... good deal... id say their clothes are of better quality than pretty much every other mall brand in terms of heaviness, stitching, durability, etc

my mall store QUALITY ranking would be like this

AF>>jcrew>bananna republic>>>h&m=gap>>AE>>>>>>pacsun>>>>>>express

Sylvie
06-18-2012, 03:19 AM
No.

Sephex
06-18-2012, 03:21 AM
All those stores in mall have weird dim lighting. I think they are all fronts for moving drugs and people constantly do blow in the back room. This is especially true for American Eagle.

Sylvie
06-18-2012, 03:22 AM
I get free clothes from people with a similar fashion sense and/or buy everything I wear from Goodwill.

krissy
06-18-2012, 03:57 AM
i really like my cloudveil pants
the one pair of them i do have
but my legs are gettign too fat to wear them comfortably
AS WITH MOST JEANS
i just wear shorts nowadays
cause it's warm now

McLovin'
06-18-2012, 04:57 AM
A&F is for people with muscles. If you don't have muscles then don't even go in A&F.

Laddy
06-18-2012, 06:18 AM
A&F lacks personality for me. Personally, I fail to find A&F invoking statements from people. It's high quality product, but it lacks stylistic nuance and character to me. It's not even really the clothes themselves as much as the abundance of people wearing it.

EDIT: Personally, I adore H&M, Gap, Express, and Banana Republic to A&F/AE/Hollister, personally.

Sylvie
06-18-2012, 06:50 AM
H&M has good stuff sometimes.

escobert
06-18-2012, 07:45 AM
I uh buy clothes that I like and I don't really care where the come from or who makes them. I don't think I have two pairs of jeans by one maker. Besides Carhartts and they're work pants. But, I have a pair of dockers, levis, Calvin Klein, Claiborne, Ecko and Union bay. and then like 6 pairs of Carhartts.

Jiro
06-18-2012, 08:20 AM
I don't even like the stuff I saw of A&F. Besides, it just seems like a fashion statement. Well, financial statement. "Look at me, I can shop here!" Half the people I saw wearing that brand around the place looked like douchers anyway. My clothes come from wherever makes 'em nicest and generally cheapest. I'm not going to buy a pair of jeans for more when there are a nice looking, good quality pair there for a third of the price. I mean fuck me scumbag richies. Take another bath in hundred dollar notes.

Sylvie
06-18-2012, 08:25 AM
The mall makes me angry. I want to hurt people there.

Cuchulainn
06-18-2012, 08:54 AM
I've a few abercrombie shirts. i like um.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-18-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm dating a Canadian, and apparently their natural environment where they feel at home is the mall food court. (her words)

So I've been drug back into the hive a few times. I do enjoy people watching, so it's not all bad. My observation is that no one actually goes INTO the Banana Republic. They just leave. I think they're manufacturing people. :|

Shiny
06-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Their shirts are too overpriced and tight fitting imo. I'm not too crazy about wearing things with name brands on them. Rather have it plain.

DMKA
06-21-2012, 05:07 AM
The prices are absolutely ridiculous and their lack of anything that comes close to fitting me makes me feel like a fatass. :(

I've never been one for brand name/designer clothing. I just don't see the point. You pay over inflated prices for clothing that only serves to turn you into a walking billboard.

Seriously, not all designers are guilty of it, but Abercrombie is definitely one of the worst offenders. Everything they sell is covered in their name, and that's just it; the quality of their clothing isn't any better than the shit sold at Walmart; it just has their name on it. You're literally paying them to become their advertisement. They should be paying you, honestly.

I've met Mr. Les Wexner (the owner of Limited Brands, which includes Abercrombie & Fitch, Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, Tween Brands, Justice, Limited, Lane Bryant, and Express to name a few) and his wife Abigail. They live about ten minutes away from me, and I've delivered flowers to their house on several occasions. They won't hesitate to tell you that the quality of Abercrombie clothing is indistinguishable to that of cheap Walmart clothing, and that you're simply paying for the privilege to walk around wearing their name.

Madame Adequate
06-21-2012, 07:07 PM
The only place like that I have ever, ever been remotely impressed with is Pull & Bear, which is almost Rarity-tier. Other than that I buy most of my clothes for no dosh at Primark.

Jessweeee♪
06-21-2012, 08:11 PM
I can't even stand walking past A&F because the cologne is so strong.

GhandiOwnsYou
06-24-2012, 05:56 AM
I can't really get on board with A&F because of the relentless parade of d bags I would be associated with. It would be akin to wearing a really well made, comfortable winter coat that happened to be an old SS uniform for me, whether the quality is good or not I'm not going to brand myself with that group of people in public. I did cave in an buy a couple of American Eagle shirts, which are near the same tier of d bag. I have a huge addiction to thin, long sleeve thermal-style waffle shirts, and they are getting increasingly difficult to find. AE just happened to have some for 75% off, and the logo was a postage stamp sized thing the bottom corner. I can deal with that.

For extreme clothing comfort niceness, check out prAna. So effing comfortable...