PDA

View Full Version : Musical instruments!

KentaRawr!
06-18-2012, 03:46 PM
We all like playing music, right? Music is great. Does anyone here play music? And if you do, is it a hobby, or your career? Have you ever performed? Is there any instrument in particular you've always wanted to play, but never have?

As for me, I play guitar, but only has a hobby. I've never performed, and I've always wanted to play an accordina ever since I saw Richard Galliano play one.

Now you!

Sephex
06-18-2012, 03:58 PM
I can play simple bass lines here and there. By no means do I consider myself a musician. Older members may remember the Polo Ponys, for example.

Exactly.

Pheesh
06-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I play a couple of instruments, some better than others. There's some videos on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFXFDwelnU) of me playing instruments.

Alpha2099
06-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I took piano lessons for 6 years. Haven't played in a long time, but I've still got it in me, I'm sure. I have lots of Final Fantasy sheet music that I like to play, plus a scorebook of every recorded Beatles song.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I play a couple of instruments, some better than others. Some of them I play very, very well. Like the drums. There's some videos on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFXFDwelnU) of me playing instruments.

Give yourself more credit, man!

I really have zero musical skill.

krissy
06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
took piano for two years, i can improv on bass as long as no one else is playing with me, i know 3 chords on the guitar, and i like using DAW's and pads

Jinx
06-18-2012, 07:55 PM
I've always wanted to play drums.

Phil doesn't know it yet, but I'm stalking him.

Laddy
06-18-2012, 09:45 PM
I dabble in harmonica, guitar, bass, and piano. I can't say I can play any of them, but I know some songs and if you give me the music I can pick it up.

Pike
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
I used to play the cello and middle school and the first two years of high school. I was okay at it, but not great.

I grew up in a super musical family and I'd like to think I have a decent sense of music, though. If you give me a baton I'll conduct any piece of music that you throw my way. I love the super funky stuff with weird time signatures.

Rocket Edge
06-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I play a four string tenor banjo. Since I'm Irish I've learned to play it for Irish music & play it with a plectrum.

Jinx
06-19-2012, 11:04 PM
I play a four string tenor banjo. Since I'm Irish I've learned to play it for Irish music & play it with a plectrum.

Hot.

Rocket Edge
06-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Oh most definitely.

Jinx
06-19-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm being totally serious right now.

NorthernChaosGod
06-20-2012, 12:50 AM
I feel like we have this thread pretty often.

I play a few instruments as well. :monster: My main instrument is guitar, but I can play drums and bass fairly well also. I took a piano class at school and have been trying to keep at that as well.

Pheesh
06-20-2012, 05:27 AM

I play a few instruments as well. :monster: My main instrument is guitar, but I can play drums and bass fairly well also. I took a piano class at school and have been trying to keep at that as well.

We do, and every time I have to tell you that bass doesn't count (unless you're Geddy Lee or that guy from Primus).

Bubba
06-20-2012, 12:26 PM
I've played guitar for around fifteen years and teach it in schools... which is great. I'm in a covers band here in the UK doing modern indie and classic rock stuff. There's a couple of videos knocking about EOFF somewhere...

I also been a bit obsessed with my ukulele for about two years. It. Is. Amazing.

I'm also an absolute wizard on the kazoo...

Carl the Llama
06-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I have played Piano since I was 4 or 5 (can't really remember the exact age) and Guitar since I was 10 but not very often, I can play fairly well but I ain't no maestro. I do however play every year at a children's charity concert with about 50 other people both on Piano and Guitar which is always fun.

Jiro
06-21-2012, 10:25 AM

So much so, in fact, that I thought I had spotted my own post mentioning that point when I glanced yours out of the corner of my eye while scrolling. Basically, I thought you were me saying the same thing which really means we have this thread a lot.

Shoden
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
I play bass, write and sing for an original Metal band here in the North East of England.
I use a lot of overdrive for a Motorhead esque sound, its lethal!

NorthernChaosGod
06-22-2012, 03:01 AM

We do, and every time I have to tell you that bass doesn't count (unless you're Geddy Lee or that guy from Primus).
I slap like a motherfucker. :colbert:

So much so, in fact, that I thought I had spotted my own post mentioning that point when I glanced yours out of the corner of my eye while scrolling. Basically, I thought you were me saying the same thing which really means we have this thread a lot.
Mind = blown

Miss Lady Shelly
06-26-2012, 06:49 AM
I play Bass Guitar, and Flute.