PDA

View Full Version : Technology woes!

Jiro
06-19-2012, 04:42 AM
So I've had some pretty rough times when it comes to my gadgets and whatnot in the past few months. Since January, my laptop has broken, my US phone didn't work, my camera broke, two external harddrives have broken, my tv died, my Australian phone was smashed, my shitty replacement nokia phone was smashed (neither by me btw) and my PS3 is currently suffering some corruption after I just turned it on. :/

Anybody else seem to deal with this crap on a regular basis? What stops you from throwing things out the window?

Freya
06-19-2012, 04:48 AM
I'm pretty good with technology. You know who is bad like you are? Cim. He's horrible.

Sephex
06-19-2012, 05:08 AM
I generally have good luck as long if I am given the right equipment. The laptop I am currently using is still operating as if I've only had it for a couple of months instead of over a year.

Shiny
06-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Send me your PS3. I will repair it for you...and then you know, return it back...

Christmas
06-19-2012, 09:26 AM
My iphone vibrates.

So scary. Is it suppose to be a sex toy or a phone? :(

Mirage
06-19-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm good with technology and things rarely break down. Often times, I can repair them if they do.

Iceglow
06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
... and my PS3 is currently suffering some corruption after I just turned it on. :/

Well there's your problem... should've stuck to 360

Mirage
06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Yes, they are so stable.

Raistlin
06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty good with technology. I keep laptops for an average of 4+ years in good condition, and then only upgrade because I want to. The only phone I've ever needed replaced was in high school when I kept throwing my crappy cell phone into my gym bag and apparently the sweat over time caused water damage. I've never had a problem with a console, with the sole exception of replacing the fan in my original PS2 (which still works, as far as I know).

Jojee (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/690.html) is the worst person I know for this sort of thing. She's constantly breaking laptops, phones, herself, and anything she comes into contact with.

Sephex
06-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Yes, they are so stable.

I saw a friend's 360 get a red ring of death before. When it happened to him, I sang, "Red Ring of Death!" to the tune of the Chia Pet commercials.

Jinx
06-19-2012, 10:54 PM
As you know, Dak, my screen on my laptop is completely broken.

So yes, smurf this tit.

Freya
06-19-2012, 10:59 PM
When it comes to cars I guess, I'm bad with those. And I don't do anything horrible when driving or anything .I just have bad luck. Like my transmission is out right now. My AC went out the other day. I randomly will get flats. I just have horrible luck with cars.

Shlup
06-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Let's be honest, Jiro--it's not technology, you're just a hot mess.

I'm pretty good with technology. Except my DSlite has a crack at the joint and my Nook has cracks on both of the "next page" buttons.

Jiro
06-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Half of the broken items were "returned" to me broken when I got back from the US. They worked perfectly fine when I left. It's not my damned fault :(

Steve I did stick to 360, except I'm not a fanboy so I can share the love. Plus, the 360 has given me far more problems. I'm on my fourth console, fucking things keep RRoDing

Agent Proto
06-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Technology loves me and I love technology. I haven't had anything break down on me due to any carelessness. I'm good with that kind of stuff. Now fixing them is a different thing, since I rarely get my stuff broken, they don't need fixin', so I'm not really that great with fixing things. I can probably learn how to if I have instructions to follow.

Shiny
06-20-2012, 07:49 AM
My iphone vibrates.

So scary. Is it suppose to be a sex toy or a phone? :(
It can be whatever you want it to be, and so can I. :aimkiss:

Bunny
06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
my titty replacement nokia phone was smashed

It was at this point that I knew you were exaggerating your woes.

My 360 red ringed and about 6 months after I got the replacement, the disc reader died. This qualifies as bad luck rather than me being poor with technology because I did not touch the thing for almost that entire span of time. It worked one day and then next day, after I had done one of their patches, the disc could no longer be read. Fun stuff. It was right after I bought FF13-2, as well.

My phone recently got an update and has been pretty shitty since then.

Maybe I'm bad at technology, or maybe I'm just really unlucky when it comes to companies updating their software.

Carl the Llama
06-20-2012, 12:22 PM
About the only thing that happened recently is my old 360 got the RRoD really nothing else comes to mind and the RRoD wasn't even my fault lol.

Jiro
06-20-2012, 12:57 PM

It no longer turns on, the battery doesn't sit in the back and the back of the case doesn't go back in it either. I mean, the rest of the thing doesn't appear damaged at all, but internally its pretty smurfed.

EDIT: That photo is more blurry than I thought. There's a couple large cracks in the screen with several sections missing. Only at the top except for one nice big crack that hits about three-quarters of the way down the screen.

Mirage
06-20-2012, 01:47 PM
I wonder if there is some sort of link between technology unknowledge and breakdown rate.

Sephex
06-20-2012, 02:57 PM

It no longer turns on, the battery doesn't sit in the back and the back of the case doesn't go back in it either. I mean, the rest of the thing doesn't appear damaged at all, but internally its pretty smurfed.

EDIT: That photo is more blurry than I thought. There's a couple large cracks in the screen with several sections missing. Only at the top except for one nice big crack that hits about three-quarters of the way down the screen.

Stop throwing your phone at dingos, Jiro.

Pike
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm okay with technology. Sometimes I break stuff on purpose just so I can fix it. Mostly my operating system.