PDA

View Full Version : Water.

Shlup
06-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Do you drink the recommended amount of water every day? I have been doing so for a couple of months now and I just don't feel any different. I guess I get headaches less often, but I pee more often. My pee is also of much higher quality, I think, though it's still neon from my multivitamin.

I also have started putting lemon in my water. Flush out the toxins and ingest antioxidants and whatnot. Also makes your body chemistry a little more alkaline.

Whenever I eat at a restaurant, I order water. I never used to--I used to avoid water the majority of the time. Now it's almost all I drink. The only time I drink soda is when I go out for sushi. I have juice as a treat sometimes. Do you drink water at restaurants? I always feel like it bums waiters out that they'll get a smaller tip, but tipping is a horrid custom anyway. Yet another reason to move to Japan.

Sephex
06-20-2012, 01:03 AM
One of the few things that I do right for myself health wise is drink plenty of water. I know I go over the amount that you are supposed to have (not dangerously, though). I started the habit, as I mentioned in the Pike's fit thread, when I lost weight years ago. While I eventually put the pounds back on, I still have maintained my love for water. Aside from the soft drink here and there, if I'm not boozing it up, which also doesn't happen too much anymore, I am drinking water!

I also get water at restaurants, but that's because I rather have something more pure if I am eating food. Even if I order something with alcohol in it, I will get a water on the side.

fire_of_avalon
06-20-2012, 01:28 AM
I get water at restaurants because I'm a cheapass and I like it. I also put lemon juice in my water. I usually drink the recommended amount but sometimes I suck and drink sugar all day long.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-20-2012, 01:37 AM
I have started drinking lots more soda and energy drinks again. I was pretty much only drinking water for a few years, with the occasional beer or coffee as a treat.

Now it's back to cans of sugar. I'm going to become a Fatsle Blubberson VonChubbagutt. :(

Pike
06-20-2012, 02:43 AM
I drink water all the time. Love it. It does put my bathroom visits into overdrive, though.

Freya
06-20-2012, 03:47 AM
I drink a lot of water. Lately more so because i've cut off of soda. I also use to never order water at restaurants but now i'm cheap and I like cold water with my meals!

Jiro
06-20-2012, 07:42 AM
I should drink more water but currently drinking water is a pain in the ass process so I just don't drink anything.

Shiny
06-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Water with lemon with crabs mmmm. The lemon with water makes the crabs taste better I dunno why.

Honestly, I've been drinking more lately because my dad buys a bunch of bottled water. It's much easier for me to be lazy and grab that instead of pouring something and then having to wash the glass.

Bunny
06-20-2012, 09:10 AM
I've been made fun of at restaurants, both by friends and waitstaff (jokingly made fun of in the case of the latter) because I drink water very quickly. I typically go through 6-7 glasses of water during the course of a meal.

I drink a lot though, regardless of the beverage. It's the main reason I don't get fancy drinks or soda at restaurants and why I avoid going to bars.

Carl the Llama
06-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Doctor says I should get used to not drinking to much cause of a medical condition but when I used to drink a lot it would normally be water.

Bubba
06-20-2012, 12:47 PM
I drink water. Which is good, otherwise it would result in a very speedy death.

I drink lots of it whilst I am at work. I also order water at a restaurant to accompany the wine.

Increased toilet visits are only a minor inconvenience.

Quindiana Jones
06-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Water makes me happy inside. I think it's ridiculous that there is a recommended amount. If you're thirsty, drink water; who the hell doesn't get that? xD

Psychotic
06-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Addicted to water. Just drank water after typing that. Water at home, water at work, water at restaurants. Keep this lemon shit away from me though. Body's chemistry? What the hell is this gibberish? Stop gibbering.

Sylvie
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
My pee is also of much higher quality
I like this Shlup quote.

Iceglow
06-20-2012, 07:01 PM
I can drink way in excess of the recommended water per day limit. If I remember rightly you're supposed to drink 1.5L a day. I drink closer to 4L a day on average, a low day sees me down about 2L. The main reasons for this is I work in a building more akin to a big oven than a workplace! I also drink plenty of water when in the Gym which is pretty much every other day or so when possible. Though I do try not to drink too much water before or during my cardio sessions as I find the motion of a full stomach of water to make me feel slow/heavier/less capable. I'd rather be dead thirsty at the end or during my weights than when I'm trying to maintain a constant pace for over 5km on an eliptical.

I drink water all the time. Love it. It does put my bathroom visits into overdrive, though.

You'll get used to this eventually, just takes time. I pee something like 4 or 5 times a day even with the quantity of water I drink.

I find the hydration and purifying effects it has on my body are great, I also find that it makes me more easily get drunk on the weekends if I go out. Whilst being more drunk is not a good thing, spending less cash on alcohol is good :)

KentaRawr!
06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
This thread make me get water to drink.

escobert
06-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Does Kool-Aid count?

Pike
06-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Man, I love Kool-Aid.

Laddy
06-21-2012, 06:09 AM
Water sucks. Coke is a man's drink.

Shiny
06-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Man, I love Kool-Aid.

DeathKnight also loved him some fried chicken and kool-aid.

Personally I prefer orange or mango juice, but to each his own.

(This thread makes me have to tinkle.)

Jinx
06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Fuck water.

Just give me a box of wine.

Cuchulainn
06-21-2012, 03:44 PM
i drink piss

Bubba
06-21-2012, 03:56 PM
i drink piss

I stopped drinking Fosters years ago...

Madame Adequate
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
I drink vodka as though it is water. They are both clear so it works for me!

You'll get used to this eventually, just takes time.

I'm pretty sure at her age her body is as used to processing liquids as it's gonna get.

NorthernChaosGod
06-22-2012, 03:04 AM
I drink shitloads of water everyday and I piss like a racehorse for it.

Jinx
06-22-2012, 03:44 AM
I am drinking water right now as I went for a half-mile run and took a shower and it is GLORIOUS.

Citizen Bleys
06-22-2012, 04:02 AM
So, what, nobody just drinks the blood of infants?

What is this world coming to?

Bunny
06-22-2012, 04:17 AM
It's far too sweet for me.

edczxcvbnm
06-22-2012, 04:28 AM
I drink about half of what they say you should drink but what they say you should drink is such a load of shit in the first place so I am doing just fine. I also don't eat as much as the average bear either so whatever. I am just a low input/low output kind of guy.

snopes.com: Eight Glasses of Water a Day (http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp) <--- Sums up my feelings on 8 glasses a day

Raistlin
06-22-2012, 04:39 AM

Too old. I prefer fresher blood (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/01/21/oklahoma-republicans-introduce-bill-that-prohibits-the-consumption-of-human-fetuses-would-ban-stem-cell-research/).

Sephex
06-22-2012, 04:47 AM

What is this world coming to?

My Black Metal days are over.

Tigmafuzz
06-22-2012, 05:37 AM
I drink three or four glasses of water a day, unless I'm drinking alcohol that day. Thus, I haven't had a glass of water in almost three weeks.

Mirage
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't drink the recommended amount of water in the shape of just water, no. However, due to me never having headaches or anything anyway, I'm pretty sure I get enough of it through other stuff that contains water. Such as milk and stuff.

ReloadPsi
06-24-2012, 08:20 PM
I drink a lot of clear-ish drinks but it's been a while since I drank water. The tap water where I live is rather hard and doesn't go down well in my system, and for some reason bottled water gives me these really bad pains in my waist in the middle of the night.

Sylvie
06-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I used to get into the shower and fiendishly just devour the steaming water. I loved it.

Iceglow
06-25-2012, 01:18 AM
I drink a lot of clear-ish drinks but it's been a while since I drank water. The tap water where I live is rather hard and doesn't go down well in my system, and for some reason bottled water gives me these really bad pains in my waist in the middle of the night.

I know it sounds silly but get a brita filtration jug. They don't actually cost much and the cartridges last a long while. Most people find bottled water makes there gut ache though because they refridgerate it and it becomes near icy cold. When you drink something too cold it can cause stomach cramps.

chionos
06-25-2012, 01:28 AM
i'm like really into taking hot showers and just laying beneath them and water edges into my lips and i swallow

Yeah, I used to get into the shower and fiendishly just devour the steaming water. I loved it.

Oh, man, that's fucking hot.

ReloadPsi
06-26-2012, 01:17 AM

I know it sounds silly but get a brita filtration jug. They don't actually cost much and the cartridges last a long while. Most people find bottled water makes there gut ache though because they refridgerate it and it becomes near icy cold. When you drink something too cold it can cause stomach cramps.

Man, I would've thought my doctor would figure that out and tell me. Cheers for that.

But what is water? It's a hard question to answer because water is impossible to describe. Just like birds. What are birds? We just don't know.

krissy
06-26-2012, 02:12 AM
liquid of h2o

dinosaur descendants with wings and beaks and most have the ability to fly and lay eggs

KEEP EM COMIN

Jiro
06-26-2012, 05:42 AM
krissy the sage

krissy
06-26-2012, 05:46 AM
gotta climb a mountain to get an audience wid urs truly
steep slopes and shi
torrential downpours and scorchin heat switchin every five mins
worth it tho

Sylvie
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
I get to drink gallons and gallons of water for the next few days thanks to surprise drug testing.

NorthernChaosGod
06-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Lololol. Let us know how that works out.

Tigmafuzz
06-27-2012, 05:09 AM
I get to drink gallons and gallons of water for the next few days thanks to surprise drug testing.

Wow. That... really sucks :cookie:

Jiro
06-27-2012, 06:10 AM
How does surprise drug testing work? Do they just jump of the shadows yelling "Surprise" before handing you a cup and saying "now piss" or something?

krissy
06-27-2012, 08:52 AM
you get a call saying to show up for drug testing in the next so and so hours
'randomized' by the computer...
sure
all right
i believe you guys

Mirage
06-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Feels good to live somewhere where employers can't legally drug test their employees.

Sylvie
06-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I've been pissing every 10 minutes. Tomorrow is when it all happens.

Tigmafuzz
06-28-2012, 06:45 PM
I've been pissing every 10 minutes. Tomorrow is when it all happens.
Water isn't going to help much.
pass your drug test the safe way (facts, myths and passing them safely)

(http://boards.cannabis.com/drug-testing/6522-pass-your-drug-test-safe-way-facts-myths-passing-them-safely.html)

Faris
06-29-2012, 01:21 AM
One cup of coffee then somewhere between 1L -1.5L of water every day. My recommended dose of water is 2.5L per day but my legs and lower back muscles being tense make having a lot anything in my kidneys painful and I have this annoyance:

I pee more often.

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2012, 06:17 AM
normally i'm a soda, coffee and juice girl, but for the last 4 months i've been drinking more water. especially since we're in a drought situation -_-

Sylvie
06-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Good news. I passed the drug test. They didn't even need my piss. It was the most unprofessional and hasty mouth-swab test ever. She told me to put it on both sides of my cheek for about 2 minutes, each side. She came in and rushed me when I was only like 30 seconds into the second side so I just put it back in and she was like THANK U and then she was looking at the reading on the test, suspiciously looked behind her to see if anyone was watching her by the doorway, and then hit the green check mark on her computer application and told me I was good to go. I got up and said she was very generous. She said thank you.

Sephex
06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Good news. I passed the drug test. They didn't even need my piss. It was the most unprofessional and hasty mouth-swab test ever. She told me to put it on both sides of my cheek for about 2 minutes, each side. She came in and rushed me when I was only like 30 seconds into the second side so I just put it back in and she was like THANK U and then she was looking at the reading on the test, suspiciously looked behind her to see if anyone was watching her by the doorway, and then hit the green check mark on her computer application and told me I was good to go. I got up and said she was very generous. She said thank you.

You should have looked down at your crotch and said, "But I practiced so hard for this!"

Glad you passed, man.