PDA

View Full Version : How are your teeth?

Shlup
06-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Today I went to the dentist, and they said my teeth were pretty fabulous. I have a cracked crown, but I had very little tartar and my gums were in good shape.

It was the first time I went to this dentist. I'm starting to think my old dentist was a bit of a tallywhacker--every time I went in there he swore I needed a crown or gum treatments or something.

When the hygienist went to polish my teeth, she said she accidentally grabbed the cupcake polish instead of the mint. I told her to go for it anyway, and it was a bit of a mindfuck, to be having my teeth cleaned while tasting and smelling cupcake. I will definitely get cupcake next time.

So how're your teeth? Do you go to the dentist when you're supposed to?

Sephex
06-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Aside from two or three cavities, the worst dental procedure I had was a root canal, and it wasn't because of lack of dental hygiene. I chipped a tooth in a way where I didn't even notice it. Long story short that lead me to getting a root canal. Wasn't that painful or that big of a deal.

Never got my wisdom teeth taken out, but only one has ever hurt for a couple of days. I suppose I should get around to removing them one of these days.

I see the dentist fairly often, but I have to look for a new one soon. The dentist I had nearly all my life got in some sort of altercation with my mom over a simple misunderstanding, and now it feels just WEIRD going over there.

Bubba
06-20-2012, 01:19 AM
I have a two fillings but other than that they are in great shape. I'm British so apparently we should have horrendous teeth... sorry but no, I have nice straight, white teeth.

My Dad was American though so maybe that's why...

Pike
06-20-2012, 02:41 AM
I had two cavities when I was younger (ten-ish, I think,) in my lower back teeth. They are now nice and filled.

The rest of my teeth were a mess; there were teeth I was missing, I had doubles of certain ones, baby teeth that never came out (still haven't), and so forth. Three years of braces and orthodontist visits sorted it out, but they still look awful (they are smaller at the bottom than at the top, making the appearance of spaces between my teeth-- or like I see it, candy-corn teeth) and I have to wear a retainer every night.

I also have a permanent metal wire retainer glued to my bottom teeth, which is awesome, because it makes me a cyborg. :3

Sylvie
06-20-2012, 05:51 PM
I have never had a cavity in my life and I apparently have extremely straight teeth. Never had braces.

Chris
06-20-2012, 07:05 PM
NOW they're good, but it wasn't so about two years ago. I had four root canals, three fillings, and gum treatment done. It was as painful as it was expensive. It all amount to about 9000 kr, which is approximately $1500. :(

Laddy
06-23-2012, 04:06 AM
My teeth are crooked and while not awful, certainly not appealing.

Jiro
06-26-2012, 09:50 AM
My teeth are alright. Should probably try to reduce the sugary crap I eat to cut 'em some slack.

Mirage
06-26-2012, 04:43 PM
My teeth are fucking terrible.

krissy
06-26-2012, 04:57 PM
all the better to eat you with my dear

Faris
06-26-2012, 05:55 PM
My last visit to the dentist went like this:
Dentist: "Hi! How are you doing? Are your teeth still hanging in there?"
Me: "NO, they are FIRMLY in there."

Overall, my dental hygeine is getting better!

crashNUMBERS
06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
I think I go every 6 months, but I have perfect teeth so its all good. dentist(s) have been telling me to floss prolly since I was -10, and I just never have

Shorty
06-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty happy that my teeth are naturally straight. I have one fake tooth in the front, though, because I slammed my head into a metal bench when I was a kid and it broke clean off.

Miss Lady Shelly
06-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Mine have gotten better now that i had my wisdom teeth removed. I do need to get a tooth fixed part of it broke off in the back and the rest is being held together by the filling.

Parker
06-26-2012, 08:59 PM
I too had the dentist today. He said my teeth are great as always altho I need to pay a little more attention to the bottom front while brushing.

I also have some kind of polyp on the inside of my mouth but he says its harmless and I like to play with it with my tongue when Im thinking

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2012, 06:24 AM
my teeth have always gotten positive reviews but i haven't been in a couple of years due to financial reasons, now that I can though i'm calling possibly tomorrow to make an appointment.

edczxcvbnm
06-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I seriously can't brush my teeth for tit. When I got a good electric tooth brush about a decade ago now, any problems I had have vanished and every check up is awesome. That pretty much confirmed that I just didn't do it good enough or hard enough or too hard...who knows what I was doing wrong but technology saved me =D

Versaille
06-30-2012, 02:42 PM
The past year I went to the dentist because my best friend was drunk dancing and I had a beer bottle and she hit me in the face with her wailing arms, so I had a chip in my front tooth. Dentists are amazing these days! You can't even notice I had work done on it.

I've been pretty worried about my teeth lately, probably all the soda I drink. So I've been using extra fluoride and whitening my teeth. They are back to normal now and you can't really tell. But I haven't had a cavity ever. I do need to floss more...I just forget.

Rantz
06-30-2012, 03:02 PM
My teeth are filed sharp so I can bite people's faces better.

Cuchulainn
07-13-2012, 04:18 PM
my teeth are a fuckin shambles

Jessweeee♪
07-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Terrible. I can't afford to see a dentist. I last went three years ago, and I was told I had a couple of cavities. Also all of my bottom teeth are crooked. I had braces and a herbst (http://theblendedtruth.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/herbst-appliance-photo.jpg) and all that metal tit but I never wore my retainer :(

Sylvie
07-13-2012, 05:46 PM
i always brush my teeth with colgate and pepsodent .lol
Could you, maybe, brush my teeth sometime with Colgate and Pepsodent~? ♥

Madame Adequate
07-13-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty happy that my teeth are naturally straight. I have one fake tooth in the front, though, because I slammed my head into a metal bench when I was a kid and it broke clean off.

Why did you do that? :confused:

Shorty
07-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I was seven or so and we were playing a game where the bench was the "base" and I wasn't looking where I was going. The bench was closer than I thought it was and I smacked my head right into it as I turned to look where I was going.

Jowy
07-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Two crooked teeth at the bottom which you can't really notice unless you stare. One small crack in my front tooth that I can feel with my tongue that drive me effin' insane.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled when I was fourteen. That was rad.

fire_of_avalon
07-20-2012, 12:59 PM
They're teeth! I don't know how they feel about it, they don't talk! God what a question.