PDA

View Full Version : Getting Hit On

Pike
06-20-2012, 05:49 AM
So today at work some guy comes up to me and starts hitting on me and the results were hilarious:

Him: “Sooo… you’re looking beautiful today.”
Me: “Thanks.”
Him: “Hey, what are the chances of you going on a date with me?”
Me: “…zero. I’m taken, bro.”
Him: “Oh come onnn, give me some odds. One in… what? Give me a number.”
Me: “…infinity.”
Him: “SO I STILL HAVE A CHANCE, AWWW YEEEEAH”
Me: “…”
Him: “…”

Spaghetti was just flying everywhere and yet he was still so proud of himself and his little pick-up line, oh man. Poor sap. It was hilarious. I was laughing to myself for the rest of my shift, it was so great.

Discuss times this sort of thing has happened to you!

Hollycat
06-20-2012, 05:51 AM
I don't always get hit on, but when I do it's by hispanic midgets.

I only wish I was joking

Tigmafuzz
06-20-2012, 05:58 AM
I get hit on very often, actually. Almost every time I leave the house. It's quite bothersome.

A pickup line worked on me once, though.
"Do I know you?"
"I don't think so."
"That's a shame, I'd sure like to."

I chuckled and bought her a drink. We dated for less than a month.

Hollycat
06-20-2012, 06:00 AM
I get hit on very often, actually. Almost every time I leave the house. It's quite bothersome.
We aren't talking about people coming at you with boxing gloves and baseball bats. We are talking about women. Or in Pikes case men. Also twice in my case men.

This was a lame post

Who hits on you Tigmafuzz, you know, besides your dad

I meant your mother

I just realised, I get mean at night time don't I?

Pike, I feel for you and that guys sounds either drunk or retarded

Tigmafuzz
06-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Also twice in my case men.
Like I said, it's quite bothersome.

Jiro
06-20-2012, 06:04 AM
I get smiled at sometimes, but I rarely get hit on. Feels bad man. At least it's not bothersome I suppose!

Tigmafuzz
06-20-2012, 06:07 AM
I rarely get hit on.
>Jiro

WHAT

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/320/e/9/gir_head_asplode_by_captainvendetta-d330mzd.gif

Freya
06-20-2012, 06:08 AM
I get hit on a lot being a girl working in a video game store. It's getting tiresome. It's like me being friendly as I am suppose to be means "she wants my dick". Curse of being beautiful :smug:

Pike
06-20-2012, 06:10 AM
This is actually the only time in like ten years that I've been hit on. So obviously I had to come tell the internet about it.

Iceglow
06-20-2012, 06:41 AM
I get flirted with a fair bit but then that's because I'm a flirty guy by nature. I suppose the last time I actually questioned who hit on who was Sat night. Here's a quick break down:

Me and her chatting outside in the smokers area
We walk back in to the club together as we get inside we're by the door checkpoint (the club was pretty massive compared to my normal venues of choice we're talking several thousand people compared to say 500 strong) and she's wound up holding my hand (she grabbed it) when the following exchange takes place:

her: "So why am I holding your hand?"
me: "I don't know... you tell me"
her: *Kiss*

Literally not sure who pulled a smooth move on who there. I was aiming for the end result the same but she took my hand in hers not the other way around.

Freya
06-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Oh Steve, You're such a ladies man! I wish I could pull women like that, just chillin a smoking area gets you chicks? Skills right there.

Bunny
06-20-2012, 07:24 AM
I have a very unfriendly demeanor so people don't hit on me ever.

Shocking, I know.

Shiny
06-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Game Stop: Home to teh creeps

Miss_Lulu
06-20-2012, 08:45 AM
I had a guy recently tell me that he wouldn't hit on me, he would take me to dinner like a real man.
Does that count? I think it does.
When I told him I wasn't looking for a relationship and that I wasn't fond of 'real men' he deleted me off facebook and told anyone who would listen that I was a b*tch and quite possibly a lesbian.

Needless to say, I think I dodged a bullet there.

Bunny
06-20-2012, 09:13 AM
I had a guy recently tell me that he wouldn't hit on me, he would take me to dinner like a real man.
Does that count? I think it does.
When I told him I wasn't looking for a relationship and that I wasn't fond of 'real men' he deleted me off facebook and told anyone who would listen that I was a b*tch and quite possibly a lesbian.

Needless to say, I think I dodged a bullet there.

It's women like you that give other women a bad name. How dare you have a lack of interest for every guy that approaches you.

Such a bitchy dyke.

Rantz
06-20-2012, 09:59 AM
I get smiled at sometimes, but I rarely get hit on. Feels bad man. At least it's not bothersome I suppose!

You and me both! I guess the ladies get so weak in the knees they forget all their lines.

Parker
06-20-2012, 11:08 AM
I rarely get hit on as I am particularly repulsive in appearance and demeanor.

Jk, I work in a store so naturally I get hit on all the time (mostly by old ladies)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
06-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Him: “Hey, what are the chances of you going on a date with me?”
Me: “…zero. I’m taken, bro.”
Him: “Oh come onnn, give me some odds. One in… what? Give me a number.”
Me: “…infinity.”
Him: “SO I STILL HAVE A CHANCE, AWWW YEEEEAH”

hmm....

Dumb and Dumber 'There's a Chance' - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA)

Sephex
06-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Game Stop: Home to teh creeps

My sister has to deal with that constantly, as she also works there.

Me? Kind of used to happen, but not anymore. No big deal, I generally don't like it.

Carl the Llama
06-20-2012, 12:11 PM
:D

I get smiled at sometimes, but I rarely get hit on.

How you doin! /smug

You and me both! I guess the ladies get so weak in the knees they forget all their lines.

How you doin! /smug

Bubba
06-20-2012, 12:38 PM
I don't think it's very often that women hit on men. That is my excuse for not getting hit on...

I only tend to chat and flirt with girls when I've got a gig. Things start easy because you can just talk about music.

I don't tend to hit on girls either. The thought of going up to a girl I don't know and start talking about something... anything... scares the hell out of me.

fire_of_avalon
06-20-2012, 01:01 PM
The last time i got hit on was at my previous job. I was walking at the back of the store to leave when this guy and i passed each other. He was giving me a funny look, or so i thought, and then he blurts out "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare at you. You're just really pretty."

And because i am smart and awesome do you know what i did? I said "okay" and walked away.

Slothy
06-20-2012, 01:04 PM
And because i am smart and awesome do you know what i did? I said "okay" and walked away.

Played it cool I see.

I never get hit on. At least I don't think I ever have. I'm rather socially awkward in person though so I wouldn't be surprised if someone hit on me and I just didn't know it.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Occasionally I'll get hit on. Usually I think it's flattering because it's just a quick little comment to let me know they think I'm attractive, I guess.

I had no idea the average woman had such bad vision problems. Ba-zing! :jess:

There was a lady who used to come into a Quik Trip where I worked, and would hit on me everyday. She was serious, and I was married at the time. That was a little bothersome.

Jinx
06-20-2012, 02:28 PM
I get hit on all the time.

One time I got free ice cream!

Jessweeee♪
06-20-2012, 02:44 PM
It doesn't happen often. I can recall like three times. The first time was this super creeper at Wal-mart that tried to hit on my mom with like bible passage puns and when she ignored him he turned to me and said my hair was pretty and waggled his eyebrows and omg. The next day when I went to my sewing class all of the other girls who had gone over the weekend to get supplies for our project had the same story. This other time I thought I was making a friend and then a couple of weeks later I mentioned my boyfriend and I never saw the guy again. Last time it was one of my brother's friends. He was trying to educate me on drugs which was okay except I think 90% of it was bullshit sold to him by his 14 year old dealer.

Cuchulainn
06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I love it when it happens. When it's obvious I always find it funny & laugh at thr poor mares.

Melissaur
06-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I used to get hit on constantly when I worked at McDonalds. It was irritating no one looks good in a mcdonalds uniform, except maybe Fujiko. And they would do it at the worst times, meaning 1 in the afternoon, in the drive through when we were most busy and I have 10 people yelling at me -_- Lucky for me I could close the window xD It happened a lot at Dunkin Donuts. Apparently fatty food smell is an turn on :/ Apparently I don't like being hit on before 5 am and would get really bitchy with the customers. NOW when I go out I have a baby with me so guys usually avoid me like I'm rabid xD

Mirage
06-20-2012, 04:01 PM
The last time i got hit on was at my previous job. I was walking at the back of the store to leave when this guy and i passed each other. He was giving me a funny look, or so i thought, and then he blurts out "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare at you. You're just really pretty."

He probably spent a whole dinner's worth of energy to psych himself up enough to say that and you just brushed him off. What a poor guy.

krissy
06-20-2012, 04:13 PM
A WHOLE DINNER FOA

BEANS AND ALL

Sephex
06-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I like to imagine foa walked away from that situation with "Rock You Like a Hurricane" playing in her head.

Jinx
06-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I'd probably hit on foa too. She's hot.

Sylvie
06-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I love it when I get hit on, and I love hitting on other people.

And yes, I would hit on foa.

Iceglow
06-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Oh Steve, You're such a ladies man! I wish I could pull women like that, just chillin a smoking area gets you chicks? Skills right there.

Ahh I don't believe in trying hard, I'm just me. If it works it works if it doesn't well fine. I naturally have a cheeky, flirty personality regardless of who I'm talking to. I know your post is meant to be sarcastic but sarcasm doesn't work when you're 3000 miles away and can't disprove events taking place especially since you can't disprove events that actually happened. That's like holocaust denial and well, you wouldn't want to be likened to that because It'd mean you're just like Sum1sgrudg.

I'll take your sarcasm as genuinely gushing lesbian admiration and if you ever make it over to the UK again who knows maybe I can take you out and show you how being me works.

Madame Adequate
06-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Burden of proof is on the positive claimant :hattip:

Chris
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Unless you are presenting, people here are just way too conservative to even attempt a flirt. I get a lot of eye-to-eye offers, though.

Raebus
06-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't get hit on.

/4everalone

Freya
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Again? Steve I have never been to the UK! So I could not visit there again! It would be a first time!

Madame Adequate
06-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Actually I take it back, having seen Steve's techniques (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCsbZn2Joh8) I can't have any doubt about his claims.

Shiny
06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
New York is like Game Stop. Anybody can be hit on here. There's also weird creepers who pop out of no where saying "Hey misssssss you lookin' mighty fine". If you're guy also expect to be hit on.

Possibly the most awkward has been getting hit on by my former college professor who is quite a few years older than me. He was also wearing a Hawaiian shirt so that didn't help.

Quindiana Jones
06-20-2012, 09:15 PM
I get hit on and groped by men a lot, but only occasionally hit on and groped by women. :(

Cuchulainn
06-20-2012, 09:39 PM

Ahh I don't believe in trying hard, I'm just me. If it works it works if it doesn't well fine. I naturally have a cheeky, flirty personality regardless of who I'm talking to. I know your post is meant to be sarcastic but sarcasm doesn't work when you're 3000 miles away and can't disprove events taking place especially since you can't disprove events that actually happened. That's like holocaust denial and well, you wouldn't want to be likened to that because It'd mean you're just like Sum1sgrudg.

I'll take your sarcasm as genuinely gushing lesbian admiration and if you ever make it over to the UK again who knows maybe I can take you out and show you how being me works.

Who do you see when you look in the mirror? Is it the same fella I see pictures of here? There seems to be a disparity somewhere.

Rantz
06-20-2012, 09:50 PM

How you doin! /smug

I'm alright, thank you. How are you? :shobon:

KentaRawr!
06-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I never get hit on, thankfully. But I think I come off as creepy irl.

Sephex
06-21-2012, 01:32 AM
New York is like Game Stop. Anybody can be hit on here. There's also weird creepers who pop out of no where saying "Hey misssssss you lookin' mighty fine". If you're guy also expect to be hit on.

Possibly the most awkward has been getting hit on by my former college professor who is quite a few years older than me. He was also wearing a Hawaiian shirt so that didn't help.

I like how the Hawaiian shirt is apparently the straw that broke the camel's back. I mean, it wouldn't be so bad, but the mother****er was wearing a Hawaiian shirt! God damn!

Laddy
06-21-2012, 02:12 AM
I get hit on by fourteen year-old bears and yaoi fangirls.

Will I ever win?

Pike
06-21-2012, 02:15 AM
I get hit on by fourteen year-old bears

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3117/3227960752_2e90809ec7.jpg

Sylvie
06-21-2012, 02:18 AM
I get hit on by fourteen year-old bears
You mean bears bears, right? How can a fourteen-year-old fit that description? Why are you around gay fourteen-year-olds?

Jinx
06-21-2012, 02:18 AM
You can see Theodore's man-meat in that picture.

Laddy
06-21-2012, 02:23 AM
You can see Theodore's man-meat in that picture.
I know. It's massive isn't it?

How can a fourteen-year-old fit that description? Why are you around gay fourteen-year-olds?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
I was fourteen years old four years ago.

And apparently fourteen-year-olds will insist on you calling them bears. Not real bears, of course. But hey.

Sylvie
06-21-2012, 02:24 AM
So are they young people with dirt lip moustaches and a little bit of pubic hair? You have sex with these people?

fire_of_avalon
06-21-2012, 02:25 AM
I love it when it happens. When it's obvious I always find it funny & laugh at thr poor mares.
*feels like a poor mare*
*doesnt' care, hit on Cuchu*

He probably spent a whole dinner's worth of energy to psych himself up enough to say that and you just brushed him off. What a poor guy.
No, this was a smooth talker. He was actually in the store later in the week and when he found out I did the hiring he was SUPER interested. I lied and told him I was married - then he wanted to know why I didn't wear a ring. I told him we were too poor and he told me some things were more important than xboxes.

I know how awful it is, I'm just really terrible at that kind of stuff.

Laddy
06-21-2012, 02:27 AM
So are they young people with dirt lip moustaches and a little bit of pubic hair? You have sex with these people?
No. :lol:

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2012, 10:14 AM
The last time I ever got hit on, was when I was a server and this kind of biker family of a mother and son, and their two buddies were in my section. The mother took an interest in me, and the son kept trying to hook us up, so I had a woman hitting on me and her son as a wing man, which was terribly awkward. Especially when they told me to drop by this bar they were heading off to, and the son took me aside and said I would get "lucky" if I showed up. Now the mother didn't look bad for her age, but her son was about my age at the time (mid-twenties) not to mention the whole situation was um... yeah... So I decided to get home and have my own drinking party, alone. :erm:

Other than that, I'm rarely hit on. I'm not exceptionally attractive, though I look much younger than my real age. I can come off really intense when you get to know me. I'm usually just oblivious to when other people have interest in me and so often I don't find out until either years later and the person is taken, or I get some third party coming in to give me a number for their friend who thinks I'm hot. I also get more numbers from guys than I have ever gotten from girls.