PDA

View Full Version : The Repping conundrum

Hollycat
06-20-2012, 08:20 PM
First request: moderators, please delete all rep given to posts in this thread

Ok then.
Now the thing is, when I look around the forum I often see posts that are clever or hilarious that don't get any rep, but then when someone like Pike posts the exact same thing but without the funny parts it gets two or three reps.

Why?
Isn't this kind of like how some celebrities are famous simply because they are famous, not because they did anything original or insightful, but simply because they exist.

NB4 : I was going to rep you hc but your post says all rep will be deleted.

Jinx
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I wasn't going to rep you.

KentaRawr!
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
The other day I figured out how to check rep. It made me feel warm and fuzzy. :3

Sorry not all of us are so awesome! :kakapo:

Pike
06-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Ok then.
Now the thing is, when I look around the forum I often see posts that are clever or hilarious that don't get any rep, but then when someone like Pike posts the exact same thing but without the funny parts it gets two or three reps.

What are you talking about bro, the only person who reps me is Peegee and reps from Peegee don't count because they are always stuff like "Hey how's it going, long time no talk, wanna chat? pika chu pika asl asl"

EDIT: Also, are you saying I'm not funny? :colbert:

The Man
06-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Now that Peegee is banned I almost never get repped anymore; it sucks :(

Pike
06-20-2012, 08:39 PM

I know that feel. :(

Jinx
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM

Dude, I rep you all the time.

My feelings on this thread: someone saying the "same thing but not as funny" is your opinion. People can rep whomever they please for whatever. I think you're just butthurt you aren't getting repped enough.

krissy
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
i have repped sum1sgruj before
just throwing that wrench out there into the gears

KentaRawr!
06-20-2012, 08:49 PM

I should report this post. >:[

Hollycat
06-20-2012, 08:57 PM

Dude, I rep you all the time.

My feelings on this thread: someone saying the "same thing but not as funny" is your opinion. People can rep whomever they please for whatever. I think you're just butthurt you aren't getting repped enough.

It's not about my posts (although sometimes I think I do make rep worthy posts, not often, but sometimes)
It's about I look around and see People making great posts and getting no rep and then other people post something like: [when I find the particular post I'm thinking of I'll link to it here] and they get rep and I'm wondering why.

Jinx
06-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Again, it's personal preference. I'm repped posts where I'm the only one who repped them. I've had posts where only one person has repped it. I've made posts I didn't really mean to be funny or deep and they got repped. Someone just happened to like it.

Pike
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM

I repped him once because he said something hilarious

Quindiana Jones
06-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah, fuck you Pike. Team HC 4 lyf!

Hollycat
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Quin no, that's not what this is about. What it is about is this being more about who said what than what they said.

Quindiana Jones
06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah, exactly! Like Pike! That bitch.

I Took the Red Pill
06-20-2012, 09:19 PM
It's a conspiracy, the likes of which goes all the way up to the President of the U. S. of A. I knew a guy who tried expose the conspiracy, and well, he sort of just disappeared (for those of you with a few years under your belt here, remember Gigaguess? Notice how he doesn't post here anymore? Yeah).

If you want to try and expose this corruption you're going to need to grab Nicholas Cage and set off to steal The Bill of Rights; Gigaguess mentioned something about a code written on the back in a sort of pidgin Arabic-Slavic mix that reveals the true nature of the conspiracy. Good luck, I fear I've said too much already. If you don't hear from me within the next few weeks assume that Pike and her band of conspirators have gotten ahold of me.

Pike
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
DAMN IT YOU GUYS DIDN'T YOU READ THE FINE PRINT WHEN YOU REGISTERED FOR THIS FORUM

DIDN'T YOU READ WHAT IT SAID ABOUT NOT LETTING THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG WHEN IT CAME TO REPPING ME?

:mad2:

Bunny
06-20-2012, 09:25 PM
ITT: People whine about not getting repped enough.

Agent Proto
06-20-2012, 09:58 PM
I like it when a post of mine gets repped. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. However, I do not mind at all if I don't get repped at all. It's been awhile since I had a post repped. Last one was from Rebellious Eagle for my Blackhole post in things that suck post.

I also want to add HC to that list for making this thread. :) just kidding. <3

Old Manus
06-20-2012, 10:54 PM
When you rep Pike

You're repping COMMUNISM

(pretend it's a dashing photoshop of that downloading the devil poster)

Sylvie
06-20-2012, 10:59 PM
ITT: Prissy slap contest once again hosted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar.

Freya
06-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Last rep I got was from Tifa's Boobs with a picture of boobs attached to it :smug: I don't always get rep but when I do it's pictures of tits. [insert picture of I don't always guy]

Sylvie
06-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Last rep I got was from Tifa's Boobs with a picture of boobs attached to it :smug: I don't always get rep but when I do it's pictures of tits. [insert picture of I don't always guy]
I'm quite envious. This post did its job well.

Alpha2099
06-20-2012, 11:09 PM
I like getting reps, and I think it's cool when the site has different sayings for the amount of rep you have. Like right now, it says in my profile "Alpha2099 is a rookie adventurer." I think that's cool, and I'd like to see how far that can go. But you're at the mercy of the other folks on the board. I'm not going to go out of my way to make something so amazing in my post that people feel they have to rep it; it's more a case of posting what you feel for a particular topic, and if someone likes it, you hope they rep it.

Now, the lack of reps given out, as the TC is concerned, may have something to do with the fact that the rep button is kinda hidden away. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people forgot the rep button even exists.

blackmage_nuke
06-20-2012, 11:32 PM
When I look around the forum I often see posts that are clever or hilarious that don't get any rep, but then when someone like Pike posts the exact same thing but without the funny parts it gets two or three reps.

Sephex
06-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Go post a vore based fan fic in the Final Fantasy IX forum. Apparently that does the trick YOU WEIRDOS!!

Jinx
06-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Go post a vore based fan fic in the Final Fantasy IX forum. Apparently that does the trick YOU WEIRDOS!!

A vore based fan fic that's facts are incorrect.

Laddy
06-21-2012, 02:15 AM
I get repped by PeeGee and Pike, mostly. Now that PeeGee is gone, all I have is Pike.

I rep like crazy, though. EoFF has some pretty amazing people and they deserve rep. That includes you, Hypo. :)

EDIT: I repped everyone. The rep...belongs to all of us.

Sephex
06-21-2012, 02:20 AM

A vore based fan fic that's facts are incorrect.

I get my prequel writing skills from George Lucas, as I inferred in my post in that thread, madam! Good day!

Pike
06-21-2012, 02:53 AM
I repped everyone. The rep...belongs to all of us.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/internet/neverforget.jpg

Carl the Llama
06-21-2012, 03:12 AM
If you want to get rep you have to be inventive with your posts, something like this:

Ok so I started at the quitting of my job, then went a little bit further:

This is the real life
This is no fantasy
I won the lotto
I will escape this reality
Open you eyes
Look up at my Sovereign Riiing
I am a rich man,
I need no job hehe
Because I am easy come easy go,
I am rich, don't you know
Look up at my Sovereign Ring
Sovereign riiing

Lady, I just quit my job
I am going to go now
Drive my big car somewhere else
Goodbye crappy Job,
I am riiich,
Gunna leave you all behind
to buy a yacht!

Ladyyyy oooo
I am leaving now
And I wont be back
again this time tomorrow
HAHAAAA stupid bitch
You do not even matter to me

Right now, my time has come,
Gunna eat some caviare,
Then go hit all the bar's
Goodbye everybody,
I am going,
Gunna leave you all behind
To buy a Yacht

Ladyyy ooooo
I sometimes wish I'd never seen you at all

I see a big silhouetto of a house
Scaramouch Scaramouch,
will you buy that house now
You have got that damn right I am going to buy that house!
(Galileo) Galileo (Galileo) Galileo, Galileo figaro
Magnifico I'm just a rich man, everybody loves me
He's just a rich man from a rich family,
Sell him his this house, you will get money!

Easy come, easy go, will you let it go
Bismillah! No, we will not let it go
(Let it go!) Bismillah! No, we will not let it go
(Let it go!) Bismillah! No, we will not let it go
(Let it go) Will not let it go
(Let it go) Will not let it go (Let it go) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no

Oh nice house owner nice house sell me it
Nice house Owner I have a big pot of cash
For youuu For You FOR YOUUUUUU

So I bought this loverly house
I will throw a massive partyyyy
Ohhhh Partyy, stomping wild party
With Jack Daniels, and some big crates of Beer!

I need an Alca Seltzer, bring one to me
Bring me Alca Seltzer, oh bring me Alca Seltzer
pleeeeease.

I got so much rep for that it was awesome, but like other people were saying, its up to them what they choose to rep if you don't get rep try a little harder at being witty.

Jiro
06-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Celebrity status has nothing to do with rep. I rep more "nobodies" than "somebodies" because the post is what makes it worthwhile. A lot of "somebodies" poke fun at Iceglow which gets a lot of rep but unless the post is clever, it's not going to get rep from me. You all need to just, like, calm your tits before Loony BoB says this is why we never should have implemented rep and takes away our post counts and locks everyone to using BoB's Simplified and using Chocobo avatars.

Hollycat
06-21-2012, 03:56 AM
FACEDESK

forget it. I'm still no good with words.

Freya
06-21-2012, 04:08 AM
I rep things that make me giggle. If you make me giggle, you get rep regardless of who you are.

Agent Proto
06-21-2012, 04:18 AM
I like how (almost) every posts in this thread has a rep.

Alpha2099
06-21-2012, 05:07 AM
If you don't get a rep in THIS thread, you need to take a good long look at your life.

rubah
06-21-2012, 05:09 AM
My proudest moment was when Old Manus gave me a reputation point.

Shiny
06-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Had to look up the statistics to see if it's actually Peegee who reps me the most and...

it is

PEOPLE WHO REPPED ME
TOTALS
Peegee
NorthernChaosGod
Laddy
Jiro
Bert
Pike
kotora
Rye
Flambard
KaiserDragon
Freya
Shlup
KaiserDragon
Psychotic
rubah
Happy Noodle Boy
Freya
Shlup
krissy
Raistlin
I Took the Red Pill
DK
Sephex
Tigamafuzz
Old Manus
Jessewee
Loony BoB
qwertysaur
o_O
Roto13
Cuch
Miriel
G13
McLovin'
demondude
Iceglow
Rantz
Kyle

Pretty diverse group though.

nik0tine
06-21-2012, 05:26 AM

Laddy
06-21-2012, 06:06 AM
I used up my rep for this 24 hours. :(

Jiro
06-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I think there are some rep faeries on the loose. Is this just in protest to Hypoallergenic Cactuar's request? Because that's pretty mean, if so. Half of these posts aren't even worth half a rep point let alone a few. GOSH PEOPLE, QUIT CIRCLE JERKING EVERYWHERE, IT'S RUINING THE CARPET.

Carl the Llama
06-21-2012, 07:43 AM
I have rep that probably few on this site have... rep from Sum1sGruj!!!

Bunny has still yet to award me my prize though:

Your prize is me repping you twice at any time I see fit.

Bet you wish you didn't go through all that effort now, huh.

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2012, 07:47 AM
I rarely get repped, but then again I'm an antisocial, nerdy, opinionated, troll who likes to eat your childhood nostalgia and spit it out as the actual bile that it is. So I would say the rep system is working correctly here. ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got R=U conspiracy theorist to troll, so I'll be returning to my lower forums thank you. :p

Laddy
06-21-2012, 08:31 AM
I think there are some rep faeries on the loose. Is this just in protest to Hypoallergenic Cactuar's request? Because that's pretty mean, if so. Half of these posts aren't even worth half a rep point let alone a few. GOSH PEOPLE, QUIT CIRCLE JERKING EVERYWHERE, IT'S RUINING THE CARPET.
I'm sorry. I really wasn't trying to be rude, especially to Hypo, I was actually agreeing with his sentiments somewhat, and I repped everyone without rep as a sort of "love and peace" gesture that became a joke. I apologize if I came off as mocking, I was just trying to be funny. I especially wasn't trying to be mean-spirited to you, Hypo. I was trying to be nice and funny. Sorry. :(

Jiro
06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
That's what I get for trying to be funny and "out-there". I haven't read half of this thread tbh, just noticed the bunch of reps and was all "haha hypo was asking for that." No need for anyone to be offended :monster:

Mirage
06-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Repping someone on this forum is equivalent to a blowjob, or something. You only do it to people you like, or you'll be labeled a whore.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure who reps me most. I don't know how to find that statistic.

I know Pike, PeeGee, Tifa's Boobs, FOA, Rantz, and NCG are my regulars.

I guess they're like my posse? Or they feel sorry for me?

Thanks for all the reps from everyone! Love ya, babes.

Bubba
06-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Repping someone on this forum is equivalent to a blowjob

You must have had some pretty poor blowjobs in your time...

Psychotic
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
rep me or i ban you

just ask your precious peegee.

Jessweeee♪
06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey guys remember when reputation was based on the amount of points the rep-giver had and Peegee broke the system so that every time Raistlin repped someone they got a thousand points?

Mirage
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Repping someone on this forum is equivalent to a blowjob

You must have had some pretty poor blowjobs in your time...

You're right about that, actually.

Madame Adequate
06-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey guys remember when reputation was based on the amount of points the rep-giver had and Peegee broke the system so that every time Raistlin repped someone they got a thousand points?

That wasn't Raist, that was me. Maybe it was also Raist though. Anyway free the Canadian One!

Alpha2099
06-21-2012, 08:36 PM
That really happened? Wow. :eek:

Jessweeee♪
06-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah like, instead of all rep being 1 point, you would give 10% of your total rep. So if you had 10,000 rep points, you'd give 1000 for every single rep.

Alpha2099
06-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Wow. I can see how that would blow up the system pretty fast.

Hollycat
06-21-2012, 09:52 PM
That is how Psy got to where he is today.
Most forums use 1% instead of 10%

Raistlin
06-22-2012, 01:14 AM

That wasn't Raist, that was me. Maybe it was also Raist though. Anyway free the Canadian One!

It was both of us. I once gave Jessweee about 1300 points in one rep.

escobert
06-22-2012, 01:42 AM
I get repped like once every 4 months xD

Melissaur
06-22-2012, 02:24 AM
/me reps every post in here for poops and chuckles

NorthernChaosGod
06-22-2012, 03:27 AM
Is this going to turn into another Occupy movement?

We are the 99%?

Citizen Bleys
06-22-2012, 05:12 AM
This thread is comedy gold if you keep reading "rep" as "rape"

Hey guys I have an idea...

Alpha2099
06-22-2012, 05:17 AM
Is this going to turn into another Occupy movement?

We are the 99%?
99% of the reps are given to 1% of the forum users.

Hollycat
06-22-2012, 05:32 AM

You are pants.
long time no see Bleys.

Tigmafuzz
06-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Repping someone on this forum is equivalent to a blowjob, or something. You only do it to people you like, or you'll be labeled a whore.

Well, damn. I've repped so many people... YOU ARE ALL SPECIAL TO ME, I SWEAR IT

Sylvie
06-22-2012, 06:25 AM
You've given me quite a good amount of blowjobs. You loved giving them.

Jiro
06-22-2012, 07:05 AM
G13 and I are on the same wavelength. We get the same funnies. We like the same stuff. That's why he's my most reppable and he's given me more rep than any of you bastards. Also I hate all of you for moving my rep past the one where I was likened to The Captain. Do none of you realise how much I liked that rep spot? :(

Rantz
06-22-2012, 09:40 AM

Well this made my day! *reps Bleys*

NorthernChaosGod
06-22-2012, 07:44 PM
G13 and I are on the same wavelength. We get the same funnies. We like the same stuff. That's why he's my most reppable and he's given me more rep than any of you bastards. Also I hate all of you for moving my rep past the one where I was likened to The Captain. Do none of you realise how much I liked that rep spot? :(

And this is why we should have negative rep.

Citizen Bleys
06-23-2012, 04:35 AM
I think all the rep assigned to me for a two-line post proves HC's point, btw.

Sephex
06-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Two line posts?

They never get rep!

Jiro
06-23-2012, 05:03 AM
Being a smartass just seems to work better when you follow it up with something. Even if it doesn't make any sense.

Alpha2099
06-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Being a smartass just seems to work better when you follow it up with something. Even if it doesn't make any sense.
Pickles.

Jiro
06-23-2012, 05:42 AM
If only we could fuse to become a super namekian and be the greatest Z Warrior alive for the briefest of moments

Shiny
06-23-2012, 05:49 AM

I'm almost tempted to edit all of these posts.

Tigmafuzz
06-25-2012, 06:20 PM

I'm almost tempted to edit all of these posts.
:D

Jessweeee♪
06-25-2012, 07:20 PM
I was going to do it myself but then I was like "oh wait" xD

Pike
06-25-2012, 07:27 PM
First request: moderators, please delete all rape given to posts in this thread

Ok then.
Now the thing is, when I look around the forum I often see posts that are clever or hilarious that don't get any rape, but then when someone like Pike posts the exact same thing but without the funny parts it gets two or three rapes.

Why?
Isn't this kind of like how some celebrities are famous simply because they are famous, not because they did anything original or insightful, but simply because they exist.

NB4 : I was going to rape you hc but your post says all rape will be deleted.

I wasn't going to rape you.

What are you talking about bro, the only person who rapes me is Peegee and rapes from Peegee don't count because they are always stuff like "Hey how's it going, long time no talk, wanna chat? pika chu pika asl asl"

Now that Peegee is banned I almost never get raped anymore; it sucks :(

i have raped sum1sgruj before

I raped him once because he said something hilarious

Jiro
06-25-2012, 07:37 PM
The last four there are absolutely golden.

Agent Proto
06-25-2012, 07:38 PM
It's like everyone has been raped by Peegee at some point in their EoFF Lives.

Raistlin
06-25-2012, 07:47 PM
I was raped frequently by PG, though I didn't really feel anything.

Jiro
06-25-2012, 07:49 PM
We were all newbies once...

Pike
06-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Here's some more!

I get raped like once every 4 months xD

Raping someone on this forum is equivalent to a blowjob, or something. You only do it to people you like, or you'll be labeled a whore.

I think there are some rape faeries on the loose.

I rarely get raped, but then again I'm an antisocial, nerdy, opinionated, troll who likes to eat your childhood nostalgia and spit it out as the actual bile that it is. So I would say the rape system is working correctly here. ;)

ITT: People whine about not getting raped enough.

When you rape Pike

You're raping COMMUNISM

I get raped by PeeGee and Pike, mostly. Now that PeeGee is gone, all I have is Pike.

I rape like crazy, though. EoFF has some pretty amazing people and they deserve rape. That includes you, Hypo. :)

EDIT: I raped everyone. The rape...belongs to all of us.

Sephex
06-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Dear god, I have tears in my eyes.

Repping sure is hilarious and it totally cool with me!

Alpha2099
06-25-2012, 09:43 PM
I feel like repping the next person I see.

Agent Proto
06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Don't rep Pike's posts with the rep=rape quotes. The idea was all Bleys! He deserves the credit and reps.

Raistlin
06-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I can promise you that Bleys does not care, and was probably wondering what that newfangled pink bar was doing cluttering up his post (and worrying that it was a measurement of his hidden desire to cross-dress in front of the Queen).

On a side note, people seem to be clamoring for rep recently. When did rep suddenly become something that we actually care about? Was it the Ciddies awards cookies? Did I miss a memo? Or maybe I just became numb to it after PG raped repped me so many times.

Reps: the new join date, which was the new post count.

My super old join date is still cool, right? Right? :(

Pike
06-25-2012, 10:45 PM
But we need to get our e-cred somehow!

Agent Proto
06-25-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm going to blame this thread. I would have not really cared that much, but since this thread has been created (and the Ciddies revelations), I've been enjoying a healthy dosage of reps and I've since gone addicted to them. Is that how it's supposed to work? I think I'm doing this wrong.

Alpha2099
06-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Like I said before, I think the whole rep idea is cool. I just wish it happened more often.

Raistlin
06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I've since gone addicted to them.

It's ok, Proto. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Try to work on these first few steps, and then we can work on the rest. We'll get through this together.

Step 1: Admit you are powerless over your addiction – that your life has become had become unmanageable in your single-minded pursuit of rep. Instead of eating, you were picking on Iceglow. Instead of playing video games, you were... I dunno. Being Jiro.

Step 2: Come to believe that a higher power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity. HAIL CID

Step 3: Make a decision to turn your will and your life over to the care of Cid as you understand him. Write a news article, play some FF7, or drink some goddamn tea.

Step 4: Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of yourself. Do you say “pop” instead of “soda”? Now’s the time to admit what an awful human being you are for it.

Step 5: Admit to Cid, to yourself, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. Tell them all about your rep problem, and how much you wish Peegee was unbanned just so you can feel liked again.

Agent Proto
06-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Peegee hardly reps me. I only had two from him.

dandy da oak
06-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Pike has repped me 3 times already! It made me happy :D Sylvie has tried to rep me...it worried me greatly :(

Alpha2099
06-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Pike has repped me 3 times already! It made me happy :D Sylvie has tried to rep me...it worried me greatly :(
I've got 3 from Pike and 3 from Jiro. So at least 2 people on this forum like me.

KentaRawr!
06-26-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm like the only person here who isn't a reppist.

krissy
06-26-2012, 12:26 AM
repping isn't real music

Sephex
06-26-2012, 12:28 AM
repping isn't real music

Of course YOU would say that you filthy hipster! :mad2:

krissy
06-26-2012, 12:32 AM
*repster

i was repping bleys b4 he was funny

Sephex
06-26-2012, 12:45 AM
*repster

You win this round.

At first I thought you were making a Napster joke before I was like, "Wait. That makes no sense."

Tigmafuzz
06-26-2012, 01:27 AM
I rep sylvie often.

Raistlin
06-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Peegee hardly reps me. I only had two from him.

I meant the list as a generalized guide for every EoFFer, not just specific to you. There are more reppophiles to help!

Sylvie has tried to rep me...it worried me greatly :(

I would be worried, too. Lock your doors and windows.

i was repping bleys b4 he was funny

So you repped him today?

Alpha2099
06-26-2012, 01:37 AM
I'd like it if people other than Pike and Jiro would rep me. They can do it however they want; I'm not picky.

ReloadPsi
06-26-2012, 01:38 AM
I've only been repped twice; once for posting a lengthy deconstruction of how the "moms are tough" line was either brilliantly ironic or written by someone who didn't know the franchise they were writing for, and one making a very witty entry in a Yugioh thread related to a line from FFX.

I'm honestly indifferent to post liking/rating systems, especially when there's an equal "dislike" function like on YouTube and Yahoo! Answers. Then it gets really petty.

I like to comment on YouTube videos, like a lot; I've filled in thousands of capcha forms, so I've had my fair share of top-rated comments on there. All it means is I get replies off idiots constantly. The price we pay for wishing to provide a little wit...

Jiro
06-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Rep is not a big deal. On the other hand, I do like trying to see what each new level of rep gives as its little alt text. On the third hand, I like spreading rep around to posts that aren't just "funny"; for instance, a lot of posts in the FF forums are genuinely informative or well thought out and intelligent. The General foras all seem to deal in rep that is little more than lol dongs.

Alpha2099
06-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Rep is not a big deal. On the other hand, I do like trying to see what each new level of rep gives as its little alt text.
I agree with both of those points.

Pike
06-26-2012, 06:21 AM
On the other hand, I do like trying to see what each new level of rep gives as its little alt text.

I've reached a point in mine where there is no more alt text :( Been stuck at "Pike is cool" forever and I don't think we put anything in above that. I volunteer to come up with a bunch of new stuff for it

Jinx
06-26-2012, 06:23 AM
I just got my `100th rep today
so now I have two little green things on my profile
feels good, man

Jiro
06-26-2012, 06:28 AM
On the other hand, I do like trying to see what each new level of rep gives as its little alt text.

I've reached a point in mine where there is no more alt text :( Been stuck at "Pike is cool" forever and I don't think we put anything in above that. I volunteer to come up with a bunch of new stuff for it

Surely not, Psy has a different one! WE MUST PUSH ABOVE AND BEYOND PIKE DEAREST

G13
06-26-2012, 06:43 AM
BoB put those together all by himself, so there is no one else to blame for lack of creativity.

In fact, just blame BoB for everything bad that happens here. I'm blaming him for this thread right now!

Jiro
06-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Down with BoB!

Sephex
06-26-2012, 03:05 PM
I laughed the other day because I got to the rep level that says "Sephex should have won a few Ciddies by now" right around the time I barley lost getting a couple of my first Ciddies.

Hollycat
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
I just got my `100th rep today
so now I have two little green things on my profile
feels good, man
You are beating me by about 30.

Bubba
06-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Jellyboobies has been here for only three months and is on 100 Rep?!!

I've been here almost a year and I'm languishing on 92... I need to up my game!

Hollycat
06-26-2012, 03:33 PM
bubba, you are doing better than most people.

Jiro
06-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Let's not compare rep scores because Psychotic and MILF can school us all. Let's instead just try and make good quality posts; let the rep fall where it may.

Pike
06-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Surely not, Psy has a different one! WE MUST PUSH ABOVE AND BEYOND PIKE DEAREST

:monocle:

Jiro
06-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Apparently that was hax or something because he "is just that...ace!" no longer!

Psychotic
06-26-2012, 03:50 PM
There's different rep level comment thingies for every 10 points of rep, I think. Some have comments like being just that ace, and some don't. I think BoB is the one that set them. One of the really higher up ones mentions me :love:

Feel free to come up with some new rep comments and I'll add them if they're not terrible. But they will be because I hate you and will never check this thread again out of pure disgust, so it is not worth your time.

edit: I am going to add some of the lyrics to don't stop me now as rep comments. You're welcome, EoFF.

Jinx
06-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Feel free to come up with some new rep comments and I'll add them if they're not terrible. But they will be because I hate you and will never check this thread again out of pure disgust, so it is not worth your time.

You have such a way with people, Paul.

Tigmafuzz
06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Well bubba, maybe you should make more posts like "Hey everybody I'm a beautiful women with huge breasts and I want to take on all of you."

Pike
06-26-2012, 03:59 PM
edit: I am going to add some of the lyrics to don't stop me now as rep comments. You're welcome, EoFF.

Let's also do Don't Stop Believing.

[Name] is just a small-town girl
[Name] is living in a lonely world
[Name] took the midnight train goin' anywhere
[Name] is just a city boy
[Name] was born and raised in South Detroit

[Name]'s a singer in a smokey room
[Name] smells of wine and cheap perfume

Tigmafuzz
06-26-2012, 04:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/nCBrX.png

Pike
06-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Pike is a rocket ship on their way to Mars, on a collision course

/smug

Psychotic
06-26-2012, 04:08 PM
See? It worked out for the best. You guys should rep me for my hatred of you. (I just want my next rep comment)

Also I added a few Journey ones. :monster:

Pike
06-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Also I added a few Journey ones. :monster:

YES

Bubba
06-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Well bubba, maybe you should make more posts like "Hey everybody I'm a beautiful women with huge breasts and I want to take on all of you."

Boobiesforever... at your service.

Hollycat
06-26-2012, 06:43 PM
There's different rep level comment thingies for every 10 points of rep, I think. Some have comments like being just that ace, and some don't. I think BoB is the one that set them. One of the really higher up ones mentions me :love:

User has broken the fourth wall
User has successfully recovered Ultima
User is cooler than the other side of the pillow

NorthernChaosGod
06-26-2012, 08:22 PM
"NorthernChaosGod could plant their"

That's all it says. :(

Jinx
06-26-2012, 10:25 PM
[Username] is now cool enough to be harassed by Tifa's Boobs

The Man
06-26-2012, 11:34 PM
We had some pretty clever comments at Fool's Gold. Since we no longer have an active rep system, I hereby bequeath any that people may approve of to the use of EoFF. Granted, these are five years old or more so a lot of them are no longer topical, and several of them refer to in jokes that are FG-exclusive. The negative ones probably don't matter either because negative rep isn't enabled here.

Unfortunately, the negative comments were generally far wittier than the positive ones :(

Below -40,000: User is responsible for AIDS.
-40,000 to -30,001: User stole my smurfing cloudsong.
-30,000 to -25,001: User does not care about my smurfing cloudsong.
-25,000 to -20,001: User is the most foul, insipid, lame ass mothersmurfer in history.
-20,000 to -15,001: User has a tiny penis.
-15,000 to -10,001: User is less popular than Tedius Zanarukando at a women's rights convention.
-10,000 to -7,501: User is more annoying than Tidus.
-7,500 to -5,001: User just smurfing BLOWS.
-5,000 to -4,001: User makes Michael O'Connor look like an upstanding, intelligent human being.
-4,000 to -3,001: User makes George W. Bush look like an upstanding, intelligent human being.
-3,000 to -2,501: User is a skidmark in society's collective underwear.
-2,500 to -2,001: User is probably a total :bou::bou::bou::bou:.
-2,000 to -1,501: User does not care about black people.
-1,500 to -1,001: User is less welcome than a reggae band at a KKK convention.
-1,000 to -751: User was responsible for Trotsky's assassination and the ascension to power of Stalin.
-750 to -501: User knows less about everything than Ted Stevens knows about the Internets.
-501 to -401: User sucks at posting.
-400 to -301: User and the stuff that falls out of my asshole bear a suspicious resemblance to each other.
-300 to -251: User kinda smells like that dead bird the cat dragged in last night.
-250 to -201: User seriously smurf off you're going to a dick.
-200 to -151: User must construct additional pylons.
-150 to -101: User probably needs more cowbell.
-100 to -76: User ought to hit the weights.
-75 to -51: User is a bit of a poofter, eh?
-50 to -26: User could use some help in the PR department.
-26 to -11: User still has much to learn about The Force™.
-10 to -1: User might be a bit of a troublemaker...
0 to 9: User is...wait, who the smurf is this person?
10 to 24: User might not turn out to be a total wanker.
25 to 49: User is about to escape from the cold, hard grasp of mediocrity.
50 to 99: User sucks less and less with each passing day.
100 to 149: User has goodhair.
150 to 199: User knows a hawk from a handsaw.
200 to 249: User appears to be well on the way to becoming a skilled guitar shredder.
250 to 299: User will become famous with enough bribery and/or sexual favours.
300 to 399: User stays crunchy in milk!
400 to 499: User looks pretty good in a jockstrap.
500 to 749: User wears the mighty fez with pizazz!
750 to 999: User is the poster with the most...er.
1,000 to 1,499: User is total class.
1,500 to 1,999: User has class flowing out the ass.
2,000 to 2,499: User is a fine, upstanding (heh heh) poster.
2,500 to 2,999: User glows in the dark, all sparkly-like!
3,000 to 3,999: User is well on the way to becoming a true Viking warrior.
4,000 to 4,999: User makes me happy in the upper-pants region.
5,000 to 7,499: User must be doing something right.
7,500 to 9,000: User ist Krieg.
9,001 to 9,999: User is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND. In reputation points.
10,000 to 14,999: User has properly bribed the people of Eyes on Final Fantasy for reputation points.
15,000 to 19,999: User is smurfING AWESOME!
20,000 to 24,999: User could outshred Yangxiu Maofei with both hands tied behind their back.
25,000 to 29,999: User is worthy of being the sixth member of Dethklok.
30,000 to 39,999: User is a grim, frostbitten Viking warrior of whom Odin himself would be proud.
40,000 to 49,999: User wins the fora.
50,000 and up: User will sup with the finest Nordic heroes at Valhalla.

Sephex
06-27-2012, 01:32 AM
We had some pretty clever comments at Fool's Gold. Since we no longer have an active rep system, I hereby bequeath any that people may approve of to the use of EoFF. Granted, these are five years old or more so a lot of them are no longer topical, and several of them refer to in jokes that are FG-exclusive. The negative ones probably don't matter either because negative rep isn't enabled here.

Unfortunately, the negative comments were generally far wittier than the positive ones :(

Below -40,000: User is responsible for AIDS.
-40,000 to -30,001: User stole my smurfing cloudsong.
-30,000 to -25,001: User does not care about my smurfing cloudsong.
-25,000 to -20,001: User is the most foul, insipid, lame ass mothersmurfer in history.
-20,000 to -15,001: User has a tiny penis.
-15,000 to -10,001: User is less popular than Tedius Zanarukando at a women's rights convention.
-10,000 to -7,501: User is more annoying than Tidus.
-7,500 to -5,001: User just smurfing BLOWS.
-5,000 to -4,001: User makes Michael O'Connor look like an upstanding, intelligent human being.
-4,000 to -3,001: User makes George W. Bush look like an upstanding, intelligent human being.
-3,000 to -2,501: User is a skidmark in society's collective underwear.
-2,500 to -2,001: User is probably a total :bou::bou::bou::bou:.
-2,000 to -1,501: User does not care about black people.
-1,500 to -1,001: User is less welcome than a reggae band at a KKK convention.
-1,000 to -751: User was responsible for Trotsky's assassination and the ascension to power of Stalin.
-750 to -501: User knows less about everything than Ted Stevens knows about the Internets.
-501 to -401: User sucks at posting.
-400 to -301: User and the stuff that falls out of my asshole bear a suspicious resemblance to each other.
-300 to -251: User kinda smells like that dead bird the cat dragged in last night.
-250 to -201: User seriously smurf off you're going to a dick.
-200 to -151: User must construct additional pylons.
-150 to -101: User probably needs more cowbell.
-100 to -76: User ought to hit the weights.
-75 to -51: User is a bit of a poofter, eh?
-50 to -26: User could use some help in the PR department.
-26 to -11: User still has much to learn about The Force™.
-10 to -1: User might be a bit of a troublemaker...
0 to 9: User is...wait, who the smurf is this person?
10 to 24: User might not turn out to be a total wanker.
25 to 49: User is about to escape from the cold, hard grasp of mediocrity.
50 to 99: User sucks less and less with each passing day.
100 to 149: User has goodhair.
150 to 199: User knows a hawk from a handsaw.
200 to 249: User appears to be well on the way to becoming a skilled guitar shredder.
250 to 299: User will become famous with enough bribery and/or sexual favours.
300 to 399: User stays crunchy in milk!
400 to 499: User looks pretty good in a jockstrap.
500 to 749: User wears the mighty fez with pizazz!
750 to 999: User is the poster with the most...er.
1,000 to 1,499: User is total class.
1,500 to 1,999: User has class flowing out the ass.
2,000 to 2,499: User is a fine, upstanding (heh heh) poster.
2,500 to 2,999: User glows in the dark, all sparkly-like!
3,000 to 3,999: User is well on the way to becoming a true Viking warrior.
4,000 to 4,999: User makes me happy in the upper-pants region.
5,000 to 7,499: User must be doing something right.
7,500 to 9,000: User ist Krieg.
9,001 to 9,999: User is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAND. In reputation points.
10,000 to 14,999: User has properly bribed the people of Eyes on Final Fantasy for reputation points.
15,000 to 19,999: User is smurfING AWESOME!
20,000 to 24,999: User could outshred Yangxiu Maofei with both hands tied behind their back.
25,000 to 29,999: User is worthy of being the sixth member of Dethklok.
30,000 to 39,999: User is a grim, frostbitten Viking warrior of whom Odin himself would be proud.
40,000 to 49,999: User wins the fora.
50,000 and up: User will sup with the finest Nordic heroes at Valhalla.

Ah, I remember those days. I love how edczxcvbnm immediately demanded the worst possible rep and everyone obliged.

Tigmafuzz
06-27-2012, 04:38 AM
I would like to be either "a skidmark on the collective underwear of society" or "a bit of a poofter"

Jinx
06-28-2012, 02:59 AM
OMFG WOLF KANNO JUST REPPED ME WUT WUT

Raistlin
06-28-2012, 03:35 AM
Speaking of being repped by cool people, I still remember the first time I was repped by Meat Puppet. That's when I knew that I had "made it."

At least, after Rantzien had informed us of the "Meat Puppet standard" to humor (http://home.eyesonff.com/eoff-archived-awards/132925-eyes-final-fantasy-2010-ciddies-stage-three-winners-11.html#post2873166).

Melissaur
06-28-2012, 04:14 AM
My very first rep was from Milf. I felt pretty special :love:

Wolf Kanno
06-28-2012, 09:15 AM

You made a good comment, and I do rarely rep so consider it special. ;)

[username] is obviously using a hax to get this far
[username] is one rep point away from deciding the fate of the world
[username] is his own grandpa
[username] is sleeping with Psychotic to get rep
[useranme] is obviously a rep gaining bot
[username] is not as cool as foa
[username] created Chuck Norris
[username] slept with Sean Connery
[useranme] is not easily distracted by...oh look it's a penny!
[username] is a Vegan, and has Vegan Psychic powers
[username] learned the bassline to FFII battle theme
[username] just stole the "power of love" what a dick
[username] just a got a +2 to seduction
[username] is... you know what, fuck you, you've got so much rep that you must be some kind of charismatic holy person or Satan, so why don't you actually get out of your house, form a political party or some religious order and take over the world already and allow people to finally not have to wear pants ever! You know, instead of sitting in your house and wasting time on a forum getting people to rep you for your witty banter, you are seriously just wasting your talents and should be out there making the world either a better or worst place, so get to work, this underwear is constraining... :mad:

Jiro
06-28-2012, 02:40 PM
I would love to see "Psychotic is obviously sleeping with Psychotic to get this much rep"

Jinx
06-28-2012, 02:56 PM

You made a good comment, and I do rarely rep so consider it special. ;)

And that's it. I know you never do, and you only rep really well thought out stuff so....glorious. o.o

I have plenty of rep from "popular" people.

Psychotic
06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
I would love to see "Psychotic is obviously sleeping with Psychotic to get this much rep"I spent 20% of my browsing time on EoFF making love to myself anyway. It's a real thrill to have sex with my hand while I read your words.

(those is not one of those times you guys it's cool :bigsmile:)

Cuchulainn
06-28-2012, 04:49 PM
I can't believe there's 10 pages of needy twats worrying about reps from stangers on a game forum. Sort yer fuckin lives out.

Hollycat
06-28-2012, 04:55 PM
I can't believe there's 10 pages of needy twats worrying about reps from stangers on a game forum. Sort yer smurfin lives out.
Somebody hasn't read the thread

I Took the Red Pill
06-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Somebody hasn't read the threadWhat? What does this even mean? His point stands. In regards to your original post, anyways.

On the other hand...

I can't believe there's 10 pages of needy twats worrying about reps from stangers on a game forum. Sort yer smurfin lives out.Hey EVERYBODY! This LOSER uses 15 posts per page. What a fairy!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070718051561/desencyclopedie/images/d/d6/Simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

Cuchulainn
06-28-2012, 05:07 PM
I can't believe there's 10 pages of needy twats worrying about reps from stangers on a game forum. Sort yer smurfin lives out.
Somebody hasn't read the thread

Read the 1st page and predicted the rest. Only so much I can take of 'needy teen angst' per day before i chuck chucks.

Jiro
06-28-2012, 05:16 PM
I have to echo Red Pill's sentiment. 15ppp is far fewer than it should be.

Sephex
06-28-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't seem to recall anyone taking this thread seriously. Until now, that is.

Cuchulainn
06-28-2012, 05:40 PM

Unless you are my little pish flap I don't think anyone is. Did I kick a few bruises?

Sephex
06-28-2012, 05:43 PM

Unless you are my little pish flap I don't think anyone is. Did I kick a few bruises?

Uh, no?

Alive-Cat
06-28-2012, 05:43 PM
What is rep.
What is life?

Alpha2099
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM
What is this thing called rep?
This funny thing called rep
Just who can solve its mystery?
Why should it make a noob of me?

Cuchulainn
06-28-2012, 05:49 PM

Uh, no?

No to what? Please pick from the below options

1. I'm not in the least bit annoyed
2. My bruises have no shoe marks
3. Go fuck yourself you Irish prick.

Sephex
06-28-2012, 05:51 PM

Uh, no?

No to what? Please pick from the below options

1. I'm not in the least bit annoyed
2. My bruises have no shoe marks
3. Go fuck yourself you Irish prick.

NUMBER 1!! NUMBER 1!!

Am I still cool? Can someone rep this post? I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

Alive-Cat
06-28-2012, 05:55 PM
What is this thing called rep?
This funny thing called rep
Just who can solve its mystery?
Why should it make a noob of me?

I like your thinking. You sound like a man on the ball.

Raistlin
06-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh, Cuch. I have missed your angry ranting.

However, 15 posts per page? Really, old man, throw away your abacus and upgrade to the 20th century already. Or have you been drowning in beer for so long you never even realized you could change the post settings?

Hollycat
06-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Using 15 per page is simpler.

Tigmafuzz
06-28-2012, 06:35 PM

10 pages? Wha? Why are there still people with the post count set at less than 100 per page?

Cuchulainn
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh, Cuch. I have missed your angry ranting.

However, 15 posts per page? Really, old man, throw away your abacus and upgrade to the 20th century already. Or have you been drowning in beer for so long you never even realized you could change the post settings?

I Do Not Care. I Log On & Use What's There. Bloody Hell Wesley

Melissaur
06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Cuch is my favorite person in this thread :love:

Pike
06-29-2012, 12:05 AM
This thread man

this thread

Raistlin
06-29-2012, 12:18 AM
I Do Not Care. I Log On & Use What's There. Bloody Hell Wesley

BLOODY HELL, Gareth, you should care about what I tell you to care about. Did last night mean nothing to you?

Cuchulainn
06-29-2012, 01:21 AM
not NOTHING....just not very much. You're not that memorable if I'm honest. Ya need ta work on yer game son.

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Fucking people and their PPP setting.

Jiro
06-30-2012, 06:25 AM
What is this thread about? I mean I clicked on it a while ago and I don't remember and the posts aren't giving me any indication. At least there's some nice Raist Cuch action going on.

Tigmafuzz
06-30-2012, 07:23 PM
At least there's some nice Raist Cuch action going on.

2/10 would not recommend

Pike
06-30-2012, 11:15 PM
What is this thread about?

oh you know, just another average HC thread

Hollycat
06-30-2012, 11:39 PM

There aren't nearly enough crisis core references or pictures of emma watson to be considered average.

Pike
06-30-2012, 11:46 PM

There aren't nearly enough crisis core references or pictures of emma watson to be considered average.

Or ponies, now that I think about it.

Cuchulainn
06-30-2012, 11:52 PM
At least there's some nice Raist Cuch action going on.

2/10 would not recommend

Go fuck yerself we're at least a 9

Tigmafuzz
07-01-2012, 12:01 AM

Or ponies, now that I think about it.

http://i.imgur.com/Zsb2L.jpg