PDA

View Full Version : Hitting People

Hollycat
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Do you often get into fights?

For the last 6 years I've been pretty good about controlling my temper, but before that I remember one time a kid took a basketball out of my hands and little four foot tall me pinned him to the wall and choked him.

Also one time I ripped a phone out of the wall and threw it at the principal
How about you?

Agent Proto
06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
I hit my brother from time to time. I usually don't want to, but I end up doing so out of anger. :/

staplecase
06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
I seem to usually be on the receiving end of violent outbursts. Usually by women. It's mostly playful...ok, it's not that violent. Nope, never gotten into a physical fight.

krissy
06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
i havent' been in a legit fight since junior high school

Jinx
06-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I slapped my mom today.

We were at the pool, and she's like, "I think I'm getting burnt!" So I was like, "Come here, Mom!" Then I slapped her on her arm and was like, "DID IT HURT? ARE YOU BURNT?" She's like, "You bitch, it only hurt cos you slapped me!"

Sylvie
06-20-2012, 10:54 PM
I almost killed somebody at a party.

Freya
06-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Some girl punched me in Jr High? That's the last "fight" I got in cept I didn't want to fight so I stood there as she decked me. It was amusing, painful, but amusing to me. People think I have anger issues but I really don't. I may get irritated but I'm never angry. I don't know why my irritation is read as anger, no one has seen me angry. I've never been angry enough to throw something. WELL I TAKE THAT BACK. If you wake me up when i'm sleeping i'll throw a pillow at you.

KentaRawr!
06-20-2012, 11:20 PM
I used to spar. :O Does that count?

Iceglow
06-21-2012, 01:29 AM
I almost ended up in a fight with some idiots on Saturday night. We avoided it though which is good, to stand a chance of winning in that one outnumbered like we were I'd probably either have to hit a girl or else bottle one of the dudes. Still I'm not the first one to react with violence. I dislike it.

Ironic me one of the people who dislike using violence first some people reckon I can be quite quick to it. I don't back down when it comes my way but that's just my upbringing. I do however look to avoid it getting to that stage first.

Last time I had an actual fight that wasn't because some idiot tried swinging for me as I pulled him off another idiot in a club or pub (generally I don't count these because it's more a case of I'll drop them with some form of throw/hit and then restrain them before getting help getting them dealt with by the bouncers) Was several years ago outside a club. It ended quickly, I got punched, so I punched the guy in the throat and once he was on the floor stomped him in the nuts. He wasn't getting up in a hurry and I took that as my cue to walk away calmly.

In high school I got in to fights every single day without fail. I'm surprised I was never excluded for it.

Sephex
06-21-2012, 01:30 AM
I haven't got into a serious fight since I was in sixth grade, but I do have a black belt in imagination.

Jinx
06-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Steve, you have the most fabulous life. They should make a freakin' movie about you.

fire_of_avalon
06-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Sam, NOOOOOOOOO! What've you done?

I think I have a serious problem with rage, but I only take it out on objects and scream obscenities at people in cars.

I've been in full on fist fights with my sister, as adults. People like to think that doesn't count. My busted lip and her cauliflowered ear say otherwise.

Laddy
06-21-2012, 02:13 AM
I use a Diplomacy check instead.

Bunny
06-21-2012, 02:46 AM
I got in a fight once for telling a boy he looked like a girl.

Carl the Llama
06-21-2012, 02:52 AM
I had a lot of anger issues when I was younger, I have broken multiple noses (though admittedly I feel pretty justified every time it has happened) once I got into a "fight" but it was so one sided it was ridiculous and I almost went to jail for it, but I got community service and had a tit load of anger management lessons which surprisingly helped a lot.

Now when I get angry I am much more likely to put a hole in a door, I still have lingering anger issues but everyone who knows me thinks I am a much calmer man, point in case: once when I was at school some boys used to make fun of me, they were whispering (and not even looking at me) I went over and started a fight with them as I thought they were talking about me.

In the end I went to a school for people who have anger issues which helped a lot along the way and now I am a better man for it. Anger is not a good thing >.<

Jiro
06-21-2012, 03:47 AM
I have extremely good self control and extremely bad fighting skills. I mean, put a stick in my hands and I'll beat a guy to death but otherwise I just kick once and flee. I'm not about to get blood on my clothes.

Shiny
06-21-2012, 06:24 AM
I got into a fight with a guy once back in high school because he pulled my hair out of no where and yanked it around. He thought my hair was a wig or weave I guess, but it wasn't and he ended up just giving me a migraine. I proceeded to throw and bash him into the lockers. Also some random insane person provoked a fight with me though because their kids were around I decided not to pursue it. I don't actually like fighting. Submitting people with tickle torture is suitable enough. :shiny:

Bunny
06-21-2012, 09:23 PM
I have extremely good self control and extremely bad fighting skills. I mean, put a stick in my hands and I'll beat a guy to death but otherwise I just kick once and flee. I'm not about to get blood on my clothes.

You need to get rid of all of your clothes and wear nothing but suits and top hats with a sweet cane. You would make the finest of dapper gents.

NorthernChaosGod
06-22-2012, 03:14 AM
The last fight I got into was last year with one of my friends. We didn't like each other very much back then and we fought and he got several stitches in his arm for it. :bigsmile:

Tigmafuzz
06-22-2012, 06:02 AM
I'm in four different martial arts programs (five if you count Kendo as a martial art, which you shouldn't) as well as fencing. And I've never actually lost a fight, other than one time in California where I tried to take on four different guys at once because they were trying to mug/rape some girl in an alleyway. But I dislocated one of those guy's shoulders and broke another guy's nose before the other two tackled me at the same time.
So people that know me are too afraid of me to fight me, and people that don't are a little put off by my demeanor... I guess. I'm not an intimidating person, but something about me scares people.

Also, some sound advice from everyone's favorite source:

http://i.imgur.com/Ttrq5.jpg

Sylvie
06-22-2012, 06:27 AM
That's a good way to convince a bunch of autistic retards (4chan) to make themselves useful.

Jiro
06-22-2012, 06:58 AM
It would probably overrule the situation at hand. I like that technique, though would certainly only use it as a last resort.

Sylvie
06-22-2012, 07:05 AM
If I had you at gunpoint and you did that, I would either wait until you were finished your act, or just shoot you right there, depending on why I had you at gunpoint. If I let you live, I would force you to eat your piss and s**t and wear a :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:ing dog muzzle for the rest of your life.

"Jiro" is a good name for you, somehow, especially as a first-hand dirty royal subject.

Jiro
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
If I had you at gunpoint Never been in this situation so I can't tell for sure how I would react, but pissing and shitting myself on the spot probably isn't off the cards. It'd be a natural reaction rather than a "tactic" at that point though.

Slothy
06-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I've actually never been in a fight, despite having some anger issues as a teenager. I assume it's because I didn't go out of my way to cause trouble and I was bigger than everyone else growing up.

The closest I came to a fight was at a bar when me and my best friend were leaving via the patio. My friend accidentally bumped into some guy who immediately turned with a look on his face like he was going to start something over it. My first thought was that I was far too drunk to want to throw down, but I would jump in if it came to that. Luckily the guy took one look at my friend who's my height and was easily a good 4-5 inches taller than this guy and immediately his angry expression melted away and he turned back around. Might have helped that my friend was already rearing his head back intending to head butt him if he so much as flinched.

This same friend once fought off 3 guys who tried to mug him by himself, broke his finger in the process, set it himself after they ran off and just continued on his way home after so I wouldn't want to fuck with him either to be honest.

Mirage
06-22-2012, 02:55 PM
I haven't been in a fight since middle school, but if the opportunity presented itself, I would probably go for it!

ReloadPsi
06-26-2012, 01:23 AM
I've never been in a fight. Good thing too because if I'm honest I'm afraid I would enjoy it.

However, if someone is verbally getting on my nerves enough and is refusing to listen to reason, I have on occasion been known to extend an arm if they were being particularly obnoxious. Apparently I deliver a mean backhand with enough provocation.

Miss Lady Shelly
06-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Ive never been in an actual fist fight, but however i have accidently hit a friend in the groin because he came up behind me and scared the crap out of me lol

Versaille
06-30-2012, 02:58 PM
I drunk hit a couple people. I thought it was funny.

Cuchulainn
06-30-2012, 11:08 PM
I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A SINGLE FIGHT IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2012, 01:44 AM

Good one. :lol:

Carl the Llama
07-01-2012, 02:41 AM

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5861/reilly4ou.jpg