PDA

View Full Version : Any other SAT prep people out there?

staplecase
06-20-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm taking practice tests (http://ushistorytest.com/the-best-free-online-us-history-practice-tests-and-quizzes/) all summer. Anyone else periodically setting aside their emulators for some learning time?

Pike
06-20-2012, 10:29 PM
(I really should've retaken it to get 31 and get bright flight and get my college paid for but OH WELL.)

Wait a minute what is this and why didn't I know about it when I got a 31 ten years ago

Raistlin
06-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah I got a 32 and have no idea what that is. Also didn't study like a champ, especially because I had already taken the SAT and had no idea why I was taking the ACT except my college counselor recommended it and I desperately wanted my mom to shut up about it.

I am studying for the bar, though. Which is so much more involved than the SAT I am not even going to get into it. Just consider yourself lucky.

EDIT: fuck Missouri.

Hollycat
06-21-2012, 12:20 AM
I did 3 years ago, only boosted my score by 300.
At least it was free.

staplecase
06-22-2012, 08:54 AM
You studied and boosted your score by 300? That's pretty substantial.

Huh, I guess a couple southern states will pay for school quite readily. Georgia apparently has some program where maintaining something like a B average is enough to get a full scholarship at any public university.

Jinx
06-22-2012, 03:34 PM
You studied and boosted your score by 300? That's pretty substantial.

Huh, I guess a couple southern states will pay for school quite readily. Georgia apparently has some program where maintaining something like a B average is enough to get a full scholarship at any public university.

If only. :(

Hollycat
06-22-2012, 03:42 PM
That would be crazy.

Slothy
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm Canadian so I never had to deal with that silly SAT bullshit.

I probably would have been fine if I had to take it though. I really doubt it would even approach being as hard as this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Evaluation) and I passed that with relative ease despite that program making my University degree feel like kindergarten.

Jiro
06-23-2012, 05:35 AM
You guys don't even know how luck you are to not have to do QCS. Nobody even fucking knows how your OP score is calculated. It's the biggest fucking mystery we had since Harold Holt got nicked by them chinese subs.

Shiny
06-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Honestly I find studying for it is completely pointless. The only thing that helped me on the SAT was studying Latin root words.