PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 5 Where Raiden Never Appears

rubah
06-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Kojima on Metal Gear 5: 'I Can Tell You Two Things' - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/20/kojima-on-metal-gear-solid-5-i-can-tell-you-two-things)

This is Kojima's prayer for death. Those soulless eyes. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118002-Hideo-Kojima-Confirms-Metal-Gear-Solid-5)

Please、let me make die now!♥♥♥

That said, I know I will love the ever-loving hell out of it. Let's go!

I Took the Red Pill
06-21-2012, 05:28 AM
I remember reading an issue of The Official Playstation Magazine (or something, not quite sure) before MGS3 came out in which he said it was absolutely the end of his involvement in the series.

Glad he lied.

Wolf Kanno
06-21-2012, 08:24 AM
He's never going to let this series die, but I wonder if we're still going to play as Old Snake again or will he find a way to make us play a younger Snake through either nano-machines or having the game take place in a pre-MGS4 part of the timeline?

Shattered Dreamer
06-21-2012, 09:11 AM
There is still plenty of scope storytelling wise as far as Solid Snake goes. I would like a game that "fills in the blanks" so to speak between MGS1,2 & 4. They could explore the immediate aftermath of the Shadow Moses' incident, what Snake did between MGS 2 & 4 thus showing his ageing disease unfold right before the players eyes. Then there is also the how Raiden became a cyborg ninja & how he rescued Sunny from the Patriots ie the original intended storyline for Metal Gear Rising. Or Kojima could just use a lame excuse like Octocon invented a new gene therapy threatment & reversed Snake's ageing :lol: But either way I hope Metal Gear Solid 5 has The Boss as a playable character & certains around her involvement in WW2 as the plot was rumored to be.

Old Manus
06-21-2012, 09:43 AM
"There will be much question of infiltration, espionageBahaha. Like the 'infiltration and espionage' that was so integral to MGS4? Wind it in, Hideo. MGS4 was a bullets&explosions third person shooter. Sneaking was an afterthought.

krissy
06-21-2012, 01:54 PM
:\

Sephex
06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Pretty cool with me. I hope they put more emphasis on sneaking around like Kojima says.

DMKA
06-22-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm excited.

The game can be complete crap. Just let me play as Sorrid Snaku one more time. :heart:

edczxcvbnm
06-22-2012, 04:31 AM
I played MGS4 as mainly a sneaking game on the higher difficulty levels. On the lower levels I blasted my way through everything...then again, I do that in any MGS game on the lower difficulty levels.

I will also wait to see what comes of this. I love the series but I would really enjoy a game more focused on a futuristic compound with all sorts of weird sneaking gadgets. It always takes place in the future but I always feel like I am playing with today's security mechanisms. We need hack of IR cameras and shit. Lets go!

Jiro
06-22-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm glad Snake isn't dead just yet. Sick of that goddamn SNAAAAAAAAAAKE so maybe I better get better at this one.

Pete for President
06-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Not too sure what to think of this. MGS4 was an amazing game all the way to - and including - the final fight. But the happy marriage part of the ending felt totally out of place. I wish all Konami developers had Kojima's pair of balls and let Raiden lose both his arms permanently, let Meryl and Johnny give their lives holding off the FROGs, and last but not least; let Snake kill himself. That would make the ending unforgettable and imo would fit this grim installment seamlessly.

Nonetheless, if they pull another prequel like MGS3 I could see myself playing MGS5. Sequel? No too sure.

krissy
06-23-2012, 06:10 PM
metal gear tactics
angry birds: metal gear
metal gear kart
metal gear x-2

Sephex
06-23-2012, 06:16 PM
angry birds: metal gear

ANGRY GEAR?!

Bolivar
06-23-2012, 08:24 PM
There's no reason to deny this will be one of the best games of its time.

Sylvie
06-24-2012, 12:15 AM
metal gear tycoon

ReloadPsi
06-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Oh my god I so hope Solid Snake appears in a wheelchair with a blanket. It'll make the first Decline of Gaming animation hilariously and painfully accurate.

krissy
06-24-2012, 04:34 AM
i hope it's sunny as she becomes trained by snake in espionage and otacon in computers and becomes uber and a single woman fighting force YESS

Shattered Dreamer
06-24-2012, 07:36 PM
i hope it's sunny as she becomes trained by snake in espionage and otacon in computers and becomes uber and a single woman fighting force YESS

Oh my god yes!?!?!

ReloadPsi
06-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Incidentally wasn't MGS5 the working title for Peace Walker? Or was that just their way of trying to convince us to ignore Portable Ops?