PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Mercen-X
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM
System Sector viruses... interesting, but not the smartest idea to include in the game. Even with the cheats activated so the difficulty is at beginner, my HP is maxed, and the enemies are 0%xpower, when the virus hits on the last of the five layers in a six room layout, somehow, I know I'm about to lose everything. Then the Invisible Bug pops up at the top of the first room. For this last layer's challenge, I'm not allowed to miss with more than 4 of my attacks. Unfortunately, Invisible gets out of the way of nearly everything, interrupts my attacks with his and, oh yeah, his attacks are devastating. During any other challenge, this guy wouldn't have been a problem. During this challenge, I would rather have faced a normal Invisible, because then it wouldn't have been mandatory that I defeat him to clear the floor.
This isn't the Cash Cab where the host warns you the next challenge with be all or nothing, no. Once you decide to finish the next layer, that's when they reveal there's a virus and you can't back out!
Sure, I don't need all of this extra stuff anyway. But honestly, how many people play these games just to get the bare minimum and finish the story. I'm not saying that the virus is stupid and shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. I'm asking, where's my option to decline? There's still a chance I'll risk it all like an idiot, so why the f do you have to force it on me? Idiots.

Am I wrong?

Del Murder
06-21-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't think I've gotten that far yet. I am enjoying the game this far and the variety of play.

Hollycat
06-21-2012, 06:07 PM
This is by far the weakest entry into the series yet, and I hope that will always be true.

Mercen-X
07-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Sadly, I've figured out that Commands don't count as attacks and they are almost always unavoidable if used right.

Now my biggest problem is getting high enough scores against Trick Master to earn the bonuses at the end. My version of 100% completion is getting S on all difficulty levels of score attacks. EDIT: I read up on it. MAX locking on everything throughout the level strongly helps, then Trick Master part 2 and 3 drop a bunch of danger blox to MAX lock.
I've already gotten most of the trophies including Eliminator, Fatal Flawl, Speed Run... I've owned this game for like a month and I have school. I actually think the difficulty may have been toned down for the American release as I played through the whole game at Critical difficulty. FYI, once you get the All HP cheat (changing everyone's HP) setting it to one (or just low) just before entering a virus-free room in a system sector will allow you to quickly back-attack-kill an Eliminator once it teleports. EDIT: Well, I used Judgement Triad to be sure. I don't how strong the attack has to be if the Elminator's HP isn't at one.

The areas I found easiest to complete while at 1hp were the DI score attack, Agrabah score attack, and Castle Oblivion score attack (though I initially forgot to dodge roll). Hollow Bastion II score attack B part 1 and 2 were easy too. Riku and Sora's Heartless part 3 and 4 gave me some problems. I hated trying to complete the minigames: TT score attack, WL score attack, HBII score attack A...

So I've already cleared the LV80 system sector in Hollow Bastion and won the last of my Debug Ys. I was playing through today hoping to get my hands on the Ultima Weapon. I did great through most of it. There were a couple of floors on which I got arrogant and lost half of what I earned (i.e. don't take damage), but I had accumulated over 300000 by the time I reached floor 13 (I even defeated every Eliminator on the twelfth floor). The challenge for 13 is to Finish in 60 seconds. I had forgotten that and neglected to reset my clock to finish at level 1 or 2. But that doesn't effing matter. When I fought the last boss, my clock never even moved. W------T--------F----------!? I was so flustered by the fact that my clock wouldn't build that I played haphazardly and died... TWICE!!! 300000 became 30000 and I couldn't even afford a single stat chip. WTF Happened?

EDIT: I played through again. Eliminators and Angel Stars must take some kind of percentage from your accumulated SP per blow because at lower levels, they practically take nothing, but at level 12 (where I have to defeat the Eliminator) Angel Stars take over 500 and the Eliminators take over 1500 per hit (SP). Aside from not being able to use a Megalixer at the beginning of the system sector, I did everything perfectly and accumulated 1,600,000 SP. But 10% devoted to the 13th level (REQUIRED in order to unlock the Ultima Weapon to begin with) dropped me down to 1,440,000. And, of course, I wasn't able to perform my Finisher in 60 seconds, so even defeating the final layer boss, only got me to just 5000 points UNDER the amount I needed to get the Ultima Weapon. I wouldn't say the game itself is a weak entry to the series, but I find it to be the most infuriating.

ReEDIT: I finally used a Megalixer. It fills the clock gauge apparently.

Arizona Lively
08-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Did you ever get your prize?

Mercen-X
08-15-2012, 03:36 AM
No. I quit playing.