PDA

View Full Version : Classic films you enjoy

omagaDZS392
06-23-2012, 04:35 AM
Do you Like old Movie?

The growing pattern in the modern movie industry toward rotating traditional favorite anecdotes into action, dream or even funny is increasing. The pattern does not pass dearest Snowfall White-colored tale by as this year we have a chance to enjoy two films depending on the traditional tale. Well, the first one, Reflection Mirror with Julia Roberts, was launched in April. Stylish funny obtained both thrilled feedback (mostly from Julia Roberts' fans) and flays. Snowfall White-colored and the Huntsman movie is still on its way; however, you can watch Snowfall White-colored and the Huntsman online soon. Almost all opinions of both films are depending on the evaluation of directors' techniques in changing the traditional tale. Snowfall White-colored and the Huntsman, the second movie about Snowfall White-colored to be launched this year, is also dedicated to the tale read by generations; it is planned to hit movie theater on May 1, 2012 across the United Declares.

Pike
06-23-2012, 04:44 AM
I do like old movies, omagaDZS392! "Casablanca" is one of my favorites of all time.

krissy
06-23-2012, 04:49 AM
breakfast at tiffany's is a fave of mine
even if it's incredibly racist

Del Murder
06-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Is Star Wars considered old at this point?

Jiro
06-23-2012, 05:33 AM
breakfast at tiffany's is a fave of mine
even if it's incredibly racist

yeah this

Shiny
06-23-2012, 06:21 AM
To Kill a Mocking Bird with Gregory Peck. Also love the book.

Sephex
06-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I have grown fond for It's A Wonderful Life over the years.

Bubba
06-23-2012, 04:53 PM
12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda is one of my favourite films of all time.

Sylvie
06-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Psycho is one of my favorite films, and it always has been since I was a child.

Laddy
06-24-2012, 07:35 AM
I have grown fond for It's A Wonderful Life over the years.
I was in a stage adaptation as that. I was George Bailey, it was fun and it evolved into one of my favorites.

I like "studying" film. I enjoy some listed here, as well as Citizen Kane, The Apartment, and Hitchcock films. Also, Blade Runner. If that counts.

Rocket Edge
06-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Same here, I will always love this movie.

Others include The Apartment, Death On The Nile, Casablanca, & The Outlaw Josey Wales.

chionos
06-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Personally I am feel that movies old or new can have more good. Cameras have now better resolute to be stronger. Yet and movies that from years were scripted to beauty and superbly acting. My is favorite movie known to more people is My Fair Lady, based this on other book like Pygmalion by notorious author George Shaw.

Is Star Wars considered old at this point?

70's man, old enough.

ReloadPsi
06-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Decide for yourself how "old" Alien is. It's my favourite film of all time.

The original Godzilla was a lot fun too :D

chionos
06-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Old Gojira movie make are fun for big family. My like is Aliens bigger than Alien. Both movie give brilliant to watch.

Sylvie
06-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Alien stories American Marine Pilots get assailed by Amphibious terrestrial-added Creatures.

chionos
06-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Not all marine is pilot, some expert kill machinery. Alien make by James Cameron give big alien spotlighted and fight of queen bitch.

mikestone
06-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I like Abraham Lincoln,A Star Is Born,A Bride For Henry.This is my most favorite movies forever.In this movie i like sound effect and picture quality.36200

Sylvie
06-26-2012, 08:46 PM
mikestone how about you tell us all about how we can get the best experience possible with such a quality film

Hollycat
06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Wizard of Oz
three stooges
that's about it from before the 80's

Shiny
06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
400 Blows is also a really great old movie and it's also foreign.

Hollycat
06-27-2012, 03:28 PM

That sounds like either a fighting film or something really nasty.

Nice
07-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I think the answer to this obvious. No? Old is such a relative term. Anything not made in the last 12 years is old. The first Matrix is old. Think about it.

But anyway, if you mean films from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s, then sure I do like prehistoric films. >=p

A good example would be one of Al Pacino's earlier films "...And Justice For All". Made in the late 70's, great script, love the shit out of that film. Hardly anyone remembers that film though.

I think Star Wars has been remade so much and kept close to modern trends that it's hard to consider the first film old. I still watch the news and see anchors playing scenes from the first movie for the hell of it. That's some shit.

Clouded Sky
07-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Humphrey Bogart is a BAMF. Seriously. Rewatched Casablanca last night, and it really is an extraordinary film! If you haven't seen it, go check it out.

I also enjoyed the Maltese Falcon, and tonight I'm planning on watching To Have and Have Not.

I wish I could be that cool.

blackmage_nuke
07-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I was able to see some of the nonsensical first post in the mouse over preview of this thread and was looking forward to deciphering the whole post but was deeply disapointed to discover it was snipped.

I find myself enjoying Abbot and Costello movies a lot more than I though I would.

I did not enjoy The Big Sleep and i cant remember if I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Casablanca or how disapointed in it I was

fire_of_avalon
07-12-2012, 12:06 AM
I love old movies. Better than a lot of the newer really famous "important" movies. I am glad all of you like old movies too. Especially...

You guys are kickass. Those are two of my favorites. And today Them! was on one of the movie channels, and old sci-fi movies are amazing.

Shlup
07-12-2012, 12:20 AM
I like movies that are good regardless of their age. Old movies do tend to be hokier, though, so there's a smaller percentage of them that I like than compared to today's movies.

Del Murder
07-12-2012, 12:43 AM
The acting style has changed so much. Some of the best actors from back in the day wouldn't be able to get a job in today's Hollywood.

Pike
07-12-2012, 01:37 AM
I love old movies. Better than a lot of the newer really famous "important" movies. I am glad all of you like old movies too. Especially...

Oh man, that was a GREAT movie. I can still hum the music if I want to. It's just perfect.

Rocket Edge
07-13-2012, 02:46 PM
The acting style has changed so much. Some of the best actors from back in the day wouldn't be able to get a job in today's Hollywood.
Sadly your right. But alas, it's why this debate comes up & another reason to like/dislike old movies. I can imagine the likes of Gloria Swanson, Jack Lemmon, and countless others who would probably fit into that bracket.

Shiny
07-16-2012, 09:04 AM

That sounds like either a fighting film or something really nasty.
Luckily it's neither. :)

Also I haven't seen all of this movie, but it has one of the most fun scenes I've ever watched: Destry Rides Again - With Marlene Dietrich and Jimmy Stewart (http://youtu.be/By48VYXP16s)

Kossage
07-18-2012, 09:38 AM
But anyway, if you mean films from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s, then sure I do like prehistoric films. >=p

The term you're looking for is Silver Age for that period. If you want to watch even older films, we'd end in the Golden Age of Cinema (a fine age... there's such a charm in the GA films although Silver and Bronze Age have produced fine films too). ;)

Anyway, I enjoy many "old" films. There are a lot of enjoyable classics out there like Waterloo Bridge, Gone with the Wind, Nosferatu, Anatomy of a Murder, Red River, The Big Country, East of Eden, Shane, On the Waterfront, Chaplin's and Keaton's films among other things. Lots of quality stuff to choose from. :D

I personally think many of the actors in classic films could find work in today's Hollywood. Just look at George Sanders in Man Hunt (1940s version), for instance; he'd be right at home in today's thrillers with his charisma and screen presence. :)

I was mildly disappointed when I saw it; I guess it was because I read the novel which was superior (the film had to drop a lot of interesting subplots to only have the essential stuff). It's a fine film as it is, however, and Elmer Bernstein's music really captures the innocence, darker undertnes and inherent bittersweet quality of the story.

Humphrey Bogart is a BAMF. Seriously. Rewatched Casablanca last night, and it really is an extraordinary film! If you haven't seen it, go check it out.

If you're a fan, check out the Caine Mutiny. It's a very interesting, thought-provoking film for Bogart with an enjoyable plot. :p

Shorty
07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I watched Bringing Up Baby (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029947/) for the first time the other day. I absolutely adore Cary Grant - he and Katherine Hepburn fit so well together.

I'd have to say that I prefer Golden/Silver Age films much more to modern films. Need to watch more, though!

Shorty
07-18-2012, 05:38 PM
I watched Bringing Up Baby (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029947/) for the first time the other day. I absolutely adore Cary Grant - he and Katherine Hepburn fit so well together.

Aside from that, Arsenic and Old Lace, It's A Wonderful Life, On the Waterfront, Paper Moon and Gone With The Wind are a few more that I really love. Also, old terrible horror movies.

I'd have to say that I prefer Golden/Silver Age films much more to modern films. Need to watch more, though!

krissy
07-18-2012, 06:05 PM
ah i loved arsenic and old lace

ps should i see the african queen today?

Shorty
07-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm so glad! It makes me laugh so hard. Carey Grant is a genius.

Answer: Yes, you should.

Bubba
07-18-2012, 06:16 PM
The African Queen is a fantastic film.

It was one of my Dad's favourites.

Shiny
07-19-2012, 12:45 AM
I love Chaplin and Keaton, but if you look at films from Harold Llyod he was a better entertainer. Physically he was very strong and could pull off most stunts that Chaplin and Keaton would never dare to with just one hand. Still prefer Chaplin movies overall though.

Also love the movie Network. The dialogue was a bit absurd though. There were several huge ass words that people never say in casual conversation that really threw me off, but the acting really set the bar.