PDA

View Full Version : Work Sucks

dandy da oak
06-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Dandy had a bad day at work :( Did you have a bad day too? Or was yours super special awesome? :D

~*~Celes~*~
06-23-2012, 09:24 PM
every day could be better because we're heavily understaffed, we can't seem to keep the good workers and the bad workers stick around till we piss them off enough to make them quit :/ ugh. It's kinda sad, if you're really in need of a job that bad, why don't you make an honest effort to keep said job?

Jinx
06-23-2012, 09:46 PM
I have the best job ever. 'Nuff said.

Parker
06-23-2012, 10:56 PM
my work day sucked! im hungry

dandy da oak
06-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Let's go out and grab some food! Who's for takeaway!?

Sephex
06-23-2012, 11:13 PM
My work has been stressful because we had the best year ever last year, yet the company is acting as if we had the worst year by making many unnecessary changes. If I drank every time that place stressed me out I would be a full blown alcoholic within three or four hours.

Parker
06-23-2012, 11:16 PM
I am cooking some weird frozen kebab things....they are meant for the grill but I am cooking them in an oven. They are from Iceland. I would prefer takeaway but it is rainign outside

~*~Celes~*~
06-23-2012, 11:17 PM
i'm working on getting my love to get me some taco bell. I hope he does!

dandy da oak
06-23-2012, 11:41 PM
I am cooking some weird frozen kebab things....they are meant for the grill but I am cooking them in an oven. They are from Iceland. I would prefer takeaway but it is rainign outside An Iceland Kebab? I feel your pain...

Parker
06-24-2012, 12:21 AM
They were delicious and awful at the same time

dandy da oak
06-24-2012, 12:24 AM
A bit like McDonalds? Tastes nice at the time, then you realise it makes you feel like crap :(

Shorty
06-24-2012, 02:04 AM
I had a pret-ty awesome day. I stayed in my pajamas, spent all day either in or in close proximity to my bed, and I haven't lifted a finger to clean my place. Also I'm drinking wine.

So all in all a pretty awesome, uneventful, lazy Saturday.

fire_of_avalon
06-24-2012, 02:13 AM
I can't stay in my pajamas all day. I get all weird and antsy and have to put on what I call legitimate pants.

Work was kind of good today! I got to create a presentation about how not to screw customer's over and double fund accounts. Powerpoint occurred.

Shorty
06-24-2012, 02:18 AM
Keep your legitimate pants away, foa. I'd go out into the world in pjs. Maybe that's how I'll spend my Saturday night.

Jiro
06-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Yeah but when you look good in PJs then it doesn't really matter.

chionos
06-24-2012, 02:31 AM
Working at home is good stuff. But I end up babysitting a lot.

escobert
06-24-2012, 02:46 AM
Today was my day off and I worked from 7-4!

chionos
06-24-2012, 03:09 AM

LOSER

escobert
06-24-2012, 03:30 AM

LOSER

Tomorrow is also my day off but, I have to go to a store meeting at 6 am -_-

chionos
06-24-2012, 03:36 AM

LOSER

Tomorrow is also my day off but, I have to go to a store meeting at 6 am -_-

Send me the number to the store--I'll call tomorrow morning and tell your boss that I've kidnapped you because I'm an angry ex-employee with a grudge and they must meet all my demands or I'll start executing fingers.

Jiro
06-24-2012, 03:38 AM
That is the best idea ever.

Pike
06-24-2012, 06:11 AM
Work always sucks for me because I'm in retail!

Laddy
06-24-2012, 07:47 AM
I mowed the lawn today. It was hot as balls. :/

Sephex
06-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Going to Great America (Six Flags "Chicago") today. As a result I took tomorrow off from work which is real a damn shame.

Sylvie
06-24-2012, 05:16 PM
I have an interview for a temp agency tomorrow.

Madame Adequate
06-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm FUNEMPLOYED MASTER RACE so I laugh at all you suckers slaving away every day!

Sylvie
06-24-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm unemployed but at this point my girlfriend is supporting me and I need to get a job so I can repay her all of the things she's done for me.

chionos
06-24-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm unemployed but at this point my girlfriend is supporting me and I need to get a job so I can repay her all of the things she's done for me.

How are you not just a whore? Pretty little girl like you'd make bank.

Sylvie
06-24-2012, 05:40 PM

I'm not a whore. I could easily make a lot of money being a t-girl dominatrix, but the place we're staying at right now isn't very suitable for punishing clientele.

chionos
06-24-2012, 05:57 PM

I'm not a whore. I could easily make a lot of money being a t-girl dominatrix, but the place we're staying at right now isn't very suitable for punishing clientele.

I know you're not a whore, I was asking why you're not. Maybe you could pay off your neighbors? >_>

In all honesty, you should be in design of some kind, with your unique aesthetic.

Sylvie
06-24-2012, 06:03 PM
I went to school for commercial art and my teacher called me a monster, a liar, and dismissed me as a sick fuck and told me that for the health of his industry that I should never go anywhere near it even though I am good at it.

chionos
06-24-2012, 11:53 PM
I went to school for commercial art and my teacher called me a monster, a liar, and dismissed me as a sick smurf and told me that for the health of his industry that I should never go anywhere near it even though I am good at it.

Well at least he told the truth.

Iceglow
06-25-2012, 01:56 AM
I work in retail, most days this means it will be tedious and boring unless I do something fun like meet a celebrity in the store (most recently it was Bill Nighy the actor) which isn't all the time. Today was a Sunday shift. Sunday's are just about the worst day ever to work on, there's loads of things what need changing not because our prices change on a Sunday (thats on a Weds) but because the Audio and DVD New Releases are out we're expected to make changes to our displays at front of store/department too.

You're also guaranteed to be short staffed or staffed with people suffering severe hangovers lol. I'm pretty merciless to them if thats the case. Today was short staffed, severely understaffed just 3 people for my department all day.

Thankfully for me I was pretty busy, I managed to get it so my colleagues took care of shop floor whilst I was doing almost all the tasking which makes the shift pass pretty quickly. Though if I go in on Tuesday and find my stockroom a state I'm going to complain to management because I left it bloody tidy!

escobert
06-25-2012, 02:05 AM
sux2bu retail people, I got out of sales and into Inventory :cool: I work at a Store but mon-fri 5am to 2pm :p

Versaille
06-30-2012, 03:03 PM
I will be a nurse by next semester. I work with old senile people. It's always interesting, a lot of laughs. A lot of public nudity or people with their shorts on backwards. Old people making out with random other old people. Lots of profound nonsense or hilarious profanities. And the downside of people shitting their pants and starting fights.

escobert
06-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I will be a nurse by next semester. I work with old senile people. It's always interesting, a lot of laughs. A lot of public nudity or people with their shorts on backwards. Old people making out with random other old people. Lots of profound nonsense or hilarious profanities. And the downside of people shitting their pants and starting fights.

I used to work in maintenance for a "retirement" center at the local hospital. It was crazy how many naked old people were always running around! all the time!

Freya
06-30-2012, 05:00 PM
My work environment is awesome but my manager and the people, they suck. So it's kinda like meh to go to work but It could be worse I suppose.

Pike
06-30-2012, 11:14 PM
sux2bu retail people, I got out of sales and into Inventory :cool: I work at a Store but mon-fri 5am to 2pm :p

That's gonna be me soon, workin' 4am-12pm. The time slot is stinky but I'M GOING TO GET AWAY FROM PEOPLE and I'm super excited.

Tigmafuzz
06-30-2012, 11:20 PM
I'M GOING TO GET AWAY FROM PEOPLE
I'm so happy for you! I would never take a job where I would have to deal with people :skull:

Parker
07-01-2012, 12:06 AM
I also had a lame shift with people today. I want to work in an undersea lab on my own or soemthing. Kind of like Desmond from Lost, but with like a big ass window to look at octopi and sharks and shit from. and more comfortable and better food. real world sucks

Carl the Llama
07-01-2012, 08:07 AM
I laugh at all you suckers slaving away every day!

I laugh at having $471 spare cash every week :D

Pike
07-01-2012, 02:06 PM

I laugh at... not having any money because every dollar I make goes to bills! Except I'm not laughing. :(

Carl the Llama
07-01-2012, 11:10 PM

I laugh at... not having any money because every dollar I make goes to bills! Except I'm not laughing. :(

Think on the bright side, you don't work 70 hours a week... or do you >.>

Raebus
07-02-2012, 12:27 AM
I like my job :) I'm a team member at a cinema and as long as you keep yourself busy, they don't care. Going early when it's quiet is also a nice thing.