PDA

View Full Version : "Not enough cash, stranger!"

KentaRawr!
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
How often do you find yourself wanting to buy things and deciding not to because you don't have enough money?

I used to get this way about food a lot during my first year of college, trying to budget everything just right so I could get the most out of $3. :P

What about you guys?

Sylvie
06-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Is the thread title a quote from Shadowrun for the SNES?

Jinx
06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm rollin' in dough and bitches.

But seriously. I save probably 80% of my paychecks, so I always have money when my bills come due, as well as money for things I want. When I wasn't eating out, I saved SO much money. It's just about self-control and moderation. I only allow x amount of dollars in my checking account, and once it's spent, I'm SOL. I'll only transfer money if I have to get gas, or if I'm making a payment on a bill.

So, more or less, I guess I'm saying, if you save your money and don't spend it, you'll have more money to do nice things later. And, you know, the obvious, if you don't have money for something, be and adult and don't buy it? Don't even make that money available to ypu.

Chris
06-24-2012, 11:10 PM
I just buy stuff any way. My opinion is that you can always earn some more money.

KentaRawr!
06-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Is the thread title a quote from Shadowrun for the SNES?

I wish it were from a game that cool, but it's like Balloon says. It's from RE4, the merchant.

"What're ya buyin?"

"What're ya sellin'?"

"Aah, I'll buy it at a high price!"

And now... "Not enough cash, stranger!"

ReloadPsi
06-24-2012, 11:18 PM
I've been like this about getting a new computer for about two years now.

Agent Proto
06-25-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm usually always like this.

Shorty
06-25-2012, 12:51 AM
How often do you find yourself wanting to buy things and deciding not to because you don't have enough money?

every smurfing time I visit etsy or modcloth

In all seriousness, though, even when I have money to splurge, I'm pretty thrifty. If something is a little more than what I deem reasonable, I'll usually pass it up. My mama taught me well.

chionos
06-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Money isn't the only factor, but I can't go in stores. I freeze, can't make up my mind or decide on anything.
Amazon (and the internet in general) is another thing entirely. I throw money at the internet willy-nilly. I shouldn't be allowed on Amazon at all. I got on the other day to buy a watch battery. A $3 freaking watch battery, and instead I spent $600 on pretty much useless things (other than a German Flight of the Navigator Blu-ray).

escobert
06-25-2012, 01:43 AM
All of the time
I want BIGGER fish tanks!
MOAR FISH!
MOAR GUNZ
and I wanna pimp my car out :cool:

Iceglow
06-25-2012, 02:54 AM
All the time really. It's the sole reason I'm considering 2 evils with regards to work seriously and theres a 3rd greater evil lurking behind that one ready to pop up and jump in as a "necessary evil" should the lesser of the two not work.

Tigmafuzz
06-25-2012, 04:33 AM

Constantly for about twelve years straight, then occasionally for another four years, and now almost never.

Alpha2099
06-25-2012, 05:06 AM
I am very frugal with my money. I do have a tendency to buy in spurts, though, particularly if a paycheck has just come in. My pockets have third-degree burns on them.

"What're ya buyin?"

"What're ya sellin'?"

"Aah, I'll buy it at a high price!"

And now... "Not enough cash, stranger!"
I hope one of these will be, "Stranger, what ya need that for, huh? Goin' huntin' an elephant?" :kakapo:

Sephex
06-25-2012, 06:05 AM
It takes a lot of willpower not to spend my money on stupid things all the time. I hate talking about stuff like this in front of my parents because my dad is convinced I buy a video game every other day at full price.

Pike
06-25-2012, 06:20 AM

Often. This is why my Steam and GoG wishlists are so big.

Jiro
06-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah I always have this "uhhh I can't really afford this" even if I clearly can. Buying things is stressful. Although sometimes I do find myself broke as fuck and that's even more entertaining when you have to decide between food and water for the next day or two.

Bunny
06-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I am unhireable so I am poor like a motherfucker.

Bubba
06-25-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty sensible with money though if I get it into my head that I really need something then I will stop at nothing to get it.

I had problems with Credit Cards once but those dark days are over...

Sylvie
06-25-2012, 09:11 PM
I am unhireable so I am poor like a motherfucker.

Freya
06-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I am amazing at budgeting. So all my stuff is usually secondhand or used or whatever. I don't need fancy things when I can't afford them! I don't need new vidya games when I can't afford them. I am so amazing at budgeting that I have a shitty paying job and still covering my bills :cool:

Jinx
06-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I am amazing at budgeting. So all my stuff is usually secondhand or used or whatever. I don't need fancy things when I can't afford them! I don't need new vidya games when I can't afford them. I am so amazing at budgeting that I have a titty paying job and still covering my bills :cool:

$12 A MONTH

>.>