PDA

View Full Version : Plans

Jiro
06-25-2012, 11:31 AM
The very best plans have blueprints. Discuss plans you've had, successful or failures, and whether or not you had blueprints to aid you.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0slzyOiOx1rnhr3ko1_500.jpg

ReloadPsi
06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
"It helps." I do a lot of video editing and when you're working with something fictional having a lot of footage without something like script or storyboard or shot list to help you is like assembling a jigsaw without a picture to work from, and you can only look at one piece at a time :/

Iceglow
06-25-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm dangerous, not because I don't have plans... oh I have plans and plots going on but I fly by the seat of my pants and somehow 99% of the time things land just fine (I'm kinda like a cat in that sense I guess!) Only if I crash and burn, I crash and burn hard and generally the splash damage will take anyone who was relying on said plans out as well.

Pike
06-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Having a blueprint (outline) for a book you write makes the editing process go several times smoother. I know this from lots of experience.

That said, I can also do it without one, it's just considerably more difficult!

Sephex
06-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I only answered yes because my QA job requires me to look at a drawing of various parts to know what to look for when determining if a part passes or not.