PDA

View Full Version : Balls to the wall

Jiro
06-26-2012, 01:55 PM
It was the only thing I could think of that included the word walls. Whatever. What kind of crap do you hang on your walls? Like, do you have photos of family? Yourself? Pictures, paintings, fancy wall hangings? Degrees?! Do you just have a lot of windows? Do you live in an insane asylum and only have four blank walls to stare at?

I have a bunch of paintings hanging up in my room. All of them painted by family, which is a nice touch. It's always great to wake up with Squall staring at me, y'know? Just the thing to perk you up.

Slothy
06-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I rarely hang anything on my walls. Occasionally I'll hang pictures or something if I like the artwork, more often I'll hang useful things such as a schedule or a white board.

I'm not really sentimental though so I prefer not hanging pictures of people, and degrees don't mean a whole lot to me. I didn't even have my University degree framed and just left it sitting on the dining room table at my parents until long after I moved out. My dad eventually paid to have it framed for me. It sits in a closet somewhere now. I'm not actually sure which one.

I imagine I'll end up doing much the same with my Chartered Accountant certificate once I have it here shortly.

Sephex
06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Various posters here and there...is what I would say, but since I inherited my Grandma's apartment years ago I have left the walls alone. My room at my parent's house, which is now a storage room looks like the "Angry 90s Teen Time Capsule" room with lots of Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, and other band posters everywhere. Though, there is also a section cluttered with Star Wars junk. Whenever I get a place that I find on my own, that's when I'll start to decorate again.

Pike
06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
I have a bunch of clocks and the poster for a play which I did the props on in college. That's really about it. I've got my degree sitting upright on a ledge somewhere but I didn't get around to displaying that until a few months ago because, like Vivi, I just don't care that much.

ReloadPsi
06-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Nothing, but once I have my own home I can just settle down in with a regular job that might change.

As a teenager I had loads of posters. I miss having a well-decorated wall.

Shorty
06-26-2012, 06:18 PM
I have a tit ton of posters. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Alkaline Trio, She Wants Revenge, some Victorian Lowbrow posters, Dexter, Jenny Lewis, etc. Also, Christmas lights and Chinese lanterns.

Miriel
06-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Oh yeah, we have a ton of stuff on our walls. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/apartmentwalls.jpg

Breine
06-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I have all kinds of crap in my walls. It comes from both me and my roomie being big goofballs. Some of it includes a big pixelated pacman made out of cardboard as well as a blue pixelated ghost, an unopened toothbrush, a mirror with very yellow velour pants, small plastic animals and a cuteoverload.com calendar. Those are just some of the stuff.

Parker
06-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Just posting in this thread to let you know how much I love my balls.

Well thanks, see ya around.

Iceglow
06-26-2012, 11:23 PM
There's at present no artwork or anything up on my walls... Once I've redecorated it I might invest in some framed prints/posters.

Growing up at my mom's I had a lot of posters on my walls some including the following 3 were autographed, Disturbed, Lost Prophets and Trapt.

NorthernChaosGod
06-27-2012, 01:11 AM
I have a bunch of posters and my Batman cape hanging up on the walls. :bigsmile:

Carl the Llama
06-27-2012, 01:24 AM
2 calenders (one for dates one for the pictures >.>), 2 large pictures (one sunset one city line) and several scantly clad women plus some on my ceiling and books, hundreds of books on shelves.

EDIT: and a clock with a dragon curled around it.

fire_of_avalon
06-27-2012, 04:24 AM
I have nothing on my anything.

Agent Proto
06-27-2012, 05:06 AM
I used to have several posters on my wall, but I put them down when I heard that I was going to move to another room. Apparently, that never happened, so now my walls are bare. At least now I get to decorate them again soon! I still have the posters around, but I'm going to put a couple of them up. My walls were pretty much plastered with Nintendo posters.

Tigmafuzz
06-27-2012, 05:35 AM
A friend of mine has two kids whose father is a complete piece of shit, and I'm taking over the father figure role because I don't want them growing up without a father like I did. I have painted several pieces of art on the walls of their room, including old movie characters, video game characters, and stuff that just plain looks cool (several dragons, for instance.)

Other than that, I like my walls plain. Or occasionally with a computer mounted to them.

Pike
06-28-2012, 06:05 AM
I just remembered; I also have a Periodic Table of the Elements on my wall.

Jinx
06-28-2012, 06:09 AM

Of course you do.

Freya
06-28-2012, 06:42 AM
I have some mirrors, book shelves, more bookshelves, and a board above my desk, tacked with all my lovely amazing ideas for everything I do. It's a great place for me to collect my ideas without forgetting them in a notebook. Then they are right in my face all the time haha, and I can't forget about them.

Tigmafuzz
06-28-2012, 06:25 PM

I used to have a periodic table shower curtain. Stupid dog fucked it up :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Pictures and knick knacks :spin:

Miss Lady Shelly
07-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Some posters.. thats it really.