PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 English Football Season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rocket Edge
07-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Fantasy Football:

I think this time we'll just revert back to just the classic league, & skip the head to head one. Again, please remain active if you decide to join the league. Myself and Manus had a titanic tussle for the title last season & it was good craic. Lets basically try and make this competitive for all.

Any randomers will again be thrown out of the league. Please have your submissions in by 18th of August, 11:30AM to start on the first gameweek.

Fantasy Premier League - a Fantasy Football Game for the Barclays Premier League (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/)

EoFF League Code: 11754-21561

Members & their teams
Rocket Edge - Brazilian Sugarkids
The Captain - Yankee Dudeles

Loony BoB
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Since the schedule has been released I figured I'd start a new thread. Euros have their own thread anyway!

In the latest news, Arsenal sign French player and Terry accuses Anton Ferdinand of being a black character then quickly covers it up with "I said bad, it just looks like I said black. He's just angry because I slept with his lady."

Cuchulainn
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
United to buy a young player for the future & avoid anyone that coast above 30 million. You heard it here first.

Loony BoB
06-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Already bought the young player. :p

charliepanayi
07-04-2012, 12:34 PM
England up to No. 4 in the FIFA rankings - who says football's governing body has no sense of humour.

Old Manus
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I could write a better algorithm than the rubbish FIFA came up with. They must be themselves surprised with what it spits out.

Psychotic
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
In important news, rumours doing the rounds today that AC Milan want to sign Andy Carroll. Terrible news.

I think EoFF should sign Andy Carroll. We could have him as a Cid's Knight, banning spambots and trolling Cuchulainn. It'd be brilliant. He'd win the Sexiest Male Ciddie every time. Let's have a whip round, see if we can raise £35m.

Old Manus
07-04-2012, 02:36 PM
In important news, rumours doing the rounds today that AC Milan want to sign Andy Carroll. Terrible news.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/this-cannot-be-real.gif

Psychotic
07-04-2012, 03:06 PM
feel free to quote this in your end of seasons quotes. Except you won't be able to!

Andy Carroll will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what a beast he is this season, and will hit DOUBLE FIGURES in goals in all competitions. You fucking heard it here first.

Loony BoB
07-04-2012, 04:16 PM
feel free to quote this in your end of seasons quotes. Except you won't be able to!

Andy Carroll will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what a beast he is this season, and will hit DOUBLE FIGURES in goals in all competitions. You smurfing heard it here first.
Do you mean double figures when goals from all competitions are totaled, or double figures in each of them? Because double figures in the Carling Cup would be impressive.

Psychotic
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
No, double figures in all competitions combined. :)

(this is of course, without a catastrophic injury touch wood)

charliepanayi
07-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Van Persie will get lots of goals next season. For Man City :)

ScottyRedXIII
07-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Will be interesting, for me anyway, what Sam Allardyce can do with West Ham this season. Can defiantly see us staying at the top half of the table.

Psychotic
07-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Van Persie will get lots of goals next season. For Man City :)Van Persie to spend half the season crippled.
Will be interesting, for me anyway, what Sam Allardyce can do with West Ham this season. Can defiantly see us staying at the top half of the table.Which 10 teams do you think West Ham are better than?

charliepanayi
07-04-2012, 08:53 PM
That's fine, so long as it's for Man City!

Rocket Edge
07-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Van Persie, I beg you, anywhere but moneybags City.

Psychotic
07-05-2012, 12:15 AM
He's not very good Donal, he will not last 5 minutes before getting injured so relax my good man. Relax and enjoy the Paul Pogba leaving do.

ScottyRedXIII
07-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Van Persie will get lots of goals next season. For Man City :)Van Persie to spend half the season crippled.
Will be interesting, for me anyway, what Sam Allardyce can do with West Ham this season. Can defiantly see us staying at the top half of the table.Which 10 teams do you think West Ham are better than?

I wouldn't say we're better then any of the teams, but there are teams in the table that, if we play as good as we can, we can beat in both games like: Villa, Fullham, Norwich, QPR, Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, Wigan.

This is going to be the toughest PL season yet, not only for the teams fighting for the title, but those looking to get as high as possible and fighting relegation, West Ham are No way better than any of the teams in it but there are those that I think we can beat if we play as good as I know we can. Hell we can even pull the wool over the likes of United, Arsenal and such, we've done it before and are capable of it, it's a shame that most of the time there a disappointment...

Psychotic
07-06-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/this-cannot-be-real.gif"As a future target, I'd like Andy Carroll," Berlusconi said "I must admit that for his body build, and after seeing his header in the Euros, I would like to have Carroll at Milan."

now what bitch :smug:

Wait why am I celebrating this horrible news :crying2:

Old Manus
07-06-2012, 04:25 PM
One suspects that Silvio has been doing slightly too much cocaine this week.

Bubba
07-06-2012, 11:09 PM
If Van Persie ends up at City then the trophy stays at Eastlands.

I don't mind this too much as long as they get rid of cock-knocker Tevez...

Loony BoB
07-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Park off to QPR apparently. Wonderful bloke, but the time is probably right. Wish him all the best. :)

And so the last of the Super Friends are split apart.

Psychotic
07-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Wonderful bloke, but the time is probably right. Yeah, you have someone else to sell shirts in Asia now. ;)

I do jest, it is a disservice to both Park and Kagawa to say such things, both good footballers. Park less so, but he always gave 110%

Old Manus
07-07-2012, 09:53 PM
...both good footballers. Park less so, but he always gave 110%Careful, at this rate they'll have you on Match of the Day.

Psychotic
07-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Old Manus will be disappointed with that post, Gary.

Also wow you're really upset about the Brendan thing aren't you?

Old Manus
07-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I was upset, but now I'm incredibly excited. Michael Fucking Laudrup! At fucking Swansea!

And yes, I will return to this post at the end of our Derby County-esque 8 point finish of a season.

Bubba
07-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Chelsea for the title under the inspirational guidance of Bob Matthews.

The Captain
07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I am interested to see how many moves actually get made before the Olympics. It seems like a lot of players and clubs are putting out feelers but nothing looks set in stone.

Will be fascinated to see what Arsenal do with Van Persie. They obviously can't keep him and risk losing him for nothing but I have been seeing some pretty low numbers thrown around for him. Curious if Arsenal will just want to cut their losses or will they hold out and risk having a disgruntled player until January?

Also, very fascinated by Chelsea. With Drogba officially gone, the mantle is squarely on Torres now and I still don't think that's a smart move. I fully expect them to buy another big-time striker.

As for Liverpool.... been a quiet few weeks lately. Wasn't too sad that they didn't sign Gilfi since he was looking for a lot more money and we have had a horrid record of overspending lately. I really want to see Sterling given a chance to play on the wing a bit this year as I think he has the chance to be a real game-changer for us. However, as always, we require a poacher striker and some reinforcements in the midfield. Let's see what happens!

Take care all.

Loony BoB
07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Also, very fascinated by Chelsea. With Drogba officially gone, the mantle is squarely on Torres now and I still don't think that's a smart move. I fully expect them to buy another big-time striker.
I dunno. Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku aren't a shabby lot to have in front of creative players like Mata and Hazard. There is still, of course, the rumour they're going after Hulk, which would be a massive buy (cost-wise at the very least :p). Hazard will likely play as a striker on a lot of occasions anyway.

The Captain
07-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Been seeing a lot of rumors that Sturridge may be loaned out or straight swapped. I guess Hazard could play as a striker but I fancy they want his pace on the wings with Mata pulling the strings in the middle?

Take care all.

ScottyRedXIII
07-09-2012, 06:31 PM
I think with Drogba gone Chelsea would be stupid not to give him more chances to showcase what he really has, just think back to Bolton.

Mahad
07-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Liverpool to win title next season, of course! but tbh I think we need more creativity in the midfield, and one other player up front. Carroll just never seem right to me.

Also, Man city will keep the title.

Bubba
07-20-2012, 12:34 AM
I agree that City now have the mental strength to win the title again. Probably at a canter this time round especially if Van Persie arrives at Eastlands.

I'm kind of hoping everyone in this thread predicts City to win the title. We all did so well in the Euro 2012 thread so let's keep it going.

Rocket Edge
07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
By the way everyone, Fantasy Football is up and running for the new season is you want to create your teams. I'll set up the thread in due course.

Arsenal apparently looking for 30m for Van Persie. I think only City could match that, although with 1 year left on his contract I think that's a little much, even if he is the player he is. Something like 15-20m sounds about right to me. Hope we can get him.

DK
07-20-2012, 11:24 PM
tbh can't see any other outcome than United winning the league this season, purely because I do not think Red Nose will stand for what happened last season, especially the way it all went down on the final day. Whether it's steamrolling it or winning it by clawing and fighting to the last whistle I think United will do the business this season for sure, they'll find a way.

also WHY GOD VAN PERSIE JESUS CHRIST :( Spend our money on someone who is not Joleon Lescott for gods sake :colbert:

Mahad
07-20-2012, 11:25 PM
As long as they keep pumping oil into Man City, and especially now that they've won a title, I have no doubt they are the team best positioned to win the title. Man U needs new faces, and I just don't think their current squad will do to compete with Man City. I don't think any one else has a shot at the title.

Man city would be the best place for RVP to go to; he knows the league and they are current champs, I think it's the obvious choice.

Rocket Edge
07-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Can you tell me why City is a better place for RVP than just say Juve or United? Have a couple of bad games & he could end up like Santa Cruz or Adebayor (first stint). He has Aguero, Tevez, Adebayor, Dzeko, & Ballotelli competing for places in a 4-5-1, while at the other two he would be a first starter week in week out.

Mahad
07-21-2012, 05:52 PM
I think that city is the most solid team of the bunch. I think RVP stands a good shot at having a spot in the initial line up because I don't think Man City has a solid line up in the front. Dzeko has good chances of leaving City for AC Milan ((I've heard his representative gives it a 70% chance of making the move), Balotelli has great potential but he's not too reliable yet imo, needs to do a little more maturing, and I don't know how good the relationship between Teves and the Mancini has gotten, but if Mancini still wanted Tevez out, bringing in RVP right now would be a great way to fill up that gap, and specially with champions league tournament next season. This are just a lot of variables, but I think that it can happen, and RVP can adapt to the system, he already knows the league, with his talent and a bit of support from the other great players he'll have at City, I think he can shine and win the titles he wants with better chances than at either Man U or Juve.

I agree that Man U and Juve could both offer him a spot on the initial squad much easier than Man City, where he definitively has more competition, but RvP is as good or better than what Man City currently has.

That's just my point of view right now, being realistic, I think he'll go for United unless some one else shows up with another offer.

Rocket Edge
07-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah point taken. I can see Ballotelli getting more game time this season though. I agree that Tevez would be offloaded if RVP did come in.

Psychotic
07-22-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm kind of hoping everyone in this thread predicts City to win the title. We all did so well in the Euro 2012 thread so let's keep it going. Everyone predicted United to win last season... everyone apart from me :cool:

Some points on Van Persie:

RVP, whoever he plays for, will only play 18 league games. Did nobody notice how he flopped at the end of the season? At one point he scored one goal in about 9 games and it was a penalty. He looked utterly dead on his feet, and carried that over into the Euros. He will not be as good as he was last season.
If he is leaving Arsenal to win trophies, he should join Man City.
Unlike City, Man United don't have any strikers who can match him. I once heard Wayne Rooney described as "Either a 4/10 player or a 9/10 player" and it's a very accurate. Welbeck isn't the finished article and Chicharito disappointed last season. Berbatov... I don't get what Ferguson is doing with that, because I rate him as probably the highest of those four, but then Ferguson knows a fuckload more about football than me. My point, anyway, is yeah guaranteed starter at United.
Fantastic bit of business for Arsenal either way. And they already replaced him with Giroud and Podolski. I guess Arsene finally learned his lesson.

Loony BoB
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM
All I can figure out from our current transfer policy is that United don't really give a rat's arse about defending next season. We have two fullbacks left in our ranks and although we have five central defenders, four are unlikely to start the season and the other is injury prone anyway. We've sent the third fullback we have out on loan for the entire season and have purchased Kagawa and Powell, both attacking midfielders, and have revealed interest in Van Persie and Lucas Moura, a forward and attacking winger/midfielder respectively.

Caution, wind, throw!

Old Manus
07-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Van Persie will be this season's Torres. Calling it now. Great season followed by mediocre international performance followed by big money move. Followed by change in hair colour.

Rocket Edge
08-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Lets start on our teams for the new season people.

Psychotic
08-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Do you think we should just stuff this in with the football thread like we did Euro 2012 fantasy football? We usually just ignore the hell out of this thread for 90% of the season!

Rocket Edge
08-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah I don't mind Psy, go ahead.

Old Manus
08-12-2012, 06:24 PM
This year, Rocket Edge. This year.

charliepanayi
08-12-2012, 07:03 PM
So it's been overshadowed by the Olympics (and a lot of amusingly sanctimonious 'why can't big bad footballers be more like the people at the Olympics' articles), but the season begins next weekend. Let nine months of depressing moments and watching Man City cruise to the title commence!

Cuchulainn
08-12-2012, 09:42 PM
If you think city will cruise to the title you're an idiot. They won the last one on goal difference and have not suitably strengthened in the summer. It's very difficult to win it twice in a row.

In saying that, United worry me greatly. We were terrible last year & we've not strengthened at all. Getting outbid for all our targets is, if nothing else, embarrasing for a club like us & the more Sir Alex defends those money grabbing Leech Americans strangling our club the less I respect him.

We need another midfielder and we are no closer to getting one than we were in June. I'd be happy with 3rd this year

charliepanayi
08-12-2012, 10:07 PM
OK, firstly my comment about Man City wasn't especially serious. But you criticise me for it, and then say you'd be happy with third for Man Utd, who are surely Man City's only real contenders. I can't see Chelsea challenging seeing as they've kept a manager solely on the basis of a jammy European Cup run.

Bubba
08-12-2012, 10:56 PM
City haven't really strengthened yet (unless you count Jack Rodwell) but I don't think they have many weak areas anyway. Winning that first title is the hardest after such a long time. I remember Utds in 1993 after 26 years. Look at the years following that?

I can see a period of City dominance in the coming years. Let's face it, apart from Utd (Chelsea will again be off the pace) there is no-one who can compete. Utd's run-in will be their undoing though.

My prediction: City will have the title sewn up with two games to spare.

Cuchulainn
08-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Unless City build from the youth up, they won't dominate for long. They'll be the new Chelsea. Ruled for a couple seasons then everyone catches up once they fail to rebuild. You can't keep buying success you need to build from within. Personallt I hope the Arab Dawn destroys the Dubai millionaires fortunes but that may be wishful thinking.

The Captain
08-13-2012, 08:43 PM
It seems like nearly every team is filled with uncertainty going in to the opening weekend! Will RVP go to United? Or stay at Arsenal? What about Modric? Or Carroll? I feel like a lot of these dramas will play out right until the end of the month, leaving a very up in the air start to the season.

Some Predictions, Which Are Highly Likely To Change Based On Transfers:

1. Man City to win the league again, though as others have pointed out, their window could be small as they have a very weak youth program and just buying players up won't work forever with some tougher financial rules looming. Still, I think they are about the most complete team in the league with plenty of options in front, a great midfield and a strong backline. Granted, an injury to Kompany or Lescott could complicate things. Hope they don't take Agger away!

2. A Real dogfight for second place between Man U and Chelsea. If United do get RVP, I think they can take second but I am very interested to see how he plays on a team where he isn't the out and out top option. He has been known to be a diva at times and I wonder how that plays out. Plus, everyone seems to assume he can only go down from last year. I love Kawaga and think he'll be a big star this year.

3. Chelsea look solid everywhere but up front. I think Torres will play better but they have so many attacking options on the wings and in midfield, I wonder if he gets lost in the fold and once again finds himself replaced by a False 9 sort of formation. Mata is a wonderfully talented player and so is Hazard, though he clearly thinks he is the next Ronaldo. I am looking forward to someone kicking him hard in a game.

4. I am tempted to tap Liverpool for 4th here, especially if they do sign a Gaston Ramirez and/or Dempsey. However, my gut says they just miss out and get 5th place. That means, Arsenal pull another magic act and stay in Champions League football. Absolutely stealing Santi Cazorla may be the move of the off-season and I am a big fan of Podolski. Still, if RVP stays that may make for a very awkward couple of months. I think Wenger pulls it together by the end of the season, though I could be quite mistaken.

5. Liverpool on a bit of the comeback trail here. I think Gerrard-Suarez will be a lethal combo this season. If both stay healthy and out of trouble, they can be a real handful. Having Lucas and Joe Allen to tidy up the midfield will allow Gerrard to play further forward, which given his age and injury history, is probably the best option. I like Borini a lot and am very happy to see Andy Carroll trying to force his way on the side. One more winger, be it Ramirez, Johnson or Dempsey would be great as would holding on to Agger. I also think Sterling could be tapped for big things which is why I'm not keen on taking Theo Walcott. Sterling gives us everything he would at a fraction of the price. A real tough start to the year but if we can come through with some points, I think Rodgers can make us a consistent side, which is what killed us last year. Beat the team we're better then and play well against clubs that finished above us and this could be a much more satisfying season.

6. Spurs are a mystery to me. Will they keep Modric? Who is their first choice striker? All of this unease makes me think they will regress just a bit. Bale and Van Der Vaart are excellent and I think their defense is solid but they are a weird copy of Chelsea's unsettled striker drama but with not nearly the world class talent.

So, to Recap:

Man City
Man Utd (If they get a striker like RVP)
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Newcastle
Everton

Top Scorer: Aguero of Man City
Darkhorse: Podolski of Arsenal

All subject to change based on how August plays out!

Take care all.

Psychotic
08-13-2012, 09:06 PM
They'll be the new Chelsea. Ruled for a couple seasons then everyone catches up once they fail to rebuild. You can't keep buying successwell

uh

i don't know if you've heard of a little something called "The Champions League", or indeed "The FA Cup" but, well... :erm:

predictions:

1. United
2. City
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Liverpool
8. Newcastle

Swansea and West Brom to surprise, West Ham and Stoke to play shitty football and not do anything of any value, Reading, Norwich and QPR for the drop!

Rocket Edge
08-14-2012, 05:33 PM
My predictions for the coming season (considering teams stay injury free):

1-2. Manchester United/City - My heart says Man United but it could be City's either. There's two ways to look at both teams. Firstly, if United didn't shoot themselves in the foot last season they would probably have won the title handsomely. City on the other hand I expect them to be stronger this season than last.

3. Arsenal - Depends on if they keep RVP but I think they will have a great season. Podolski & Cazorla are fantastic signings. I believe they need to change their defensive tactics as they leak too much goals. Individually at the back they are solid in my eyes. Wilshire back is a big plus. Walcott to have his best season.

4-5. Chelsea/Liverpool - Liverpool are a real shot in the dark. I expect them to do well under Rodgers though. He is all about possession football & creative play, which I think will really suit Liverpool. Chelsea are fantastic going forward but I worry about them defensively. Liverpool could end up surprising a lot of people this season.

6. Spurs - I'm interested to see how AVB will do. Doesn't bode too well after his stint at Chelsea.

7. Newcastle

I expect Sunderland, Aston Villa, & West Ham to have good seasons.

Psychotic
08-14-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't think United or City have really strengthened that much - yet. City still have a gap in their defence if something happens to Lescott or Company, and United need Roy Keane or Paul Scholes to lose 10 years...or Yaya Toure ;) and a new LB. These were key weaknesses for them last season and I don't get it. Meanwhile Arsenal and Chelsea have both really bulked up, so the gap between them will close - although bedding in takes time.

Loony BoB
08-15-2012, 10:16 AM
United have strengthened when compared to last season. Both Vidic and Fletch have returned to matches after returning to training. Kagawa took the Bundesliga by storm for two seasons and that's the third best league in the world and arguably the most similar to England's style of the 'big four' leagues. Just because he's not Messi or Ronaldo doesn't mean it's not a significant purchase, and he's already scored in a couple of pre-season games so he seems to be adapting fairly well - hopefully that can continue through to the more serious games out there. Powell is there, too, but I don't know much about him in all honesty.

I think we'll get top two again, not sure which position, it's too close to call these days. I think the biggest things that can happen to damage City's hopes of another title will all come from within. I do find it very interesting how quickly they have shut down their finances, presumably to keep in line with UEFA FFP. They still need to save more money than they spend over the next few seasons, unless they can come up with a few loopholes (which wouldn't be surprising for any large club) or UEFA just don't pull through with their threats (also wouldn't be surprising).

Not all that worried about RVP, but if we get him, great. I just feel that it would be a shame for Chicharito and Welbeck as they would have a hard time getting games at that point, and they both deserve games. I'd much rather we strengthen our defence than strengthen our attack.

Arsenal will not depend on RVP because you don't depend on keeping one person - he could spend the season injured, let's not forget that. They've strengthened in attack once more, but until Wenger can find the right people for the midfield and defence they'll continue to sit around the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, fighting for that fourth CL spot. The third going to Chelsea who have made significant additions to their squad - I feel that Hazard and Oscar are significant purchases and Hazard in particular I can see becoming a great, great player for them. There's a lot of hype and he could flop, but I feel he will remain the biggest signing of the summer throughout Europe when it comes to potential. Delighted that the signing is for the Premier League rather than La Liga.

Spurs and Liverpool I feel are still going to be a Europa level, with Spurs perhaps being able to sneak ahead of Arsenal.

Should be a great season. :)

The Captain
08-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, for a moment, I thought Liverpool had a real coup and had both Tello and Sahin signed up, but it looks like we may just get one out of the two. Still, not bad at all. Just sign up a winger, keep Agger and I think we are ready to rumble this season.

Take care all.

Rocket Edge
08-15-2012, 07:33 PM
WE HAVE GOTTEN RVP :D (subject to a medical and all that but YES!)

Psychotic
08-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Now that will improve United. And they have the likes of Welbeck and Chicharito to rotate in so he doesn't break down in an injury ridden heap.

ScottyRedXIII
08-15-2012, 08:24 PM
A team who hasn't won anything in six years and I've seen fans get all abusive towards a player wanting to leave? Van Persie made the right choice to go to united and won't be shocked if he helps them take the title back this season

charliepanayi
08-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Holland are playing Italy in a friendly later this year, so obviously Van Persie will be out for most of the season!

£24 million is a good price, he obviously doesn't want to stay so we're best off selling.

Loony BoB
08-15-2012, 09:29 PM
We had no trouble scoring last season and I still think RVP, while a fantastic aquisition, is an aquisition in the position we need least strengthening (outside of central defence, anyway). If we don't sign a left-back soon I'm gonna be pretty miffed. :(

ScottyRedXIII
08-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Have to think where will he fit in the team? He could either be a really good partnership With Rooney, or their ego's could clash and could all go tits up

Psychotic
08-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Man United are basically subscribing to the "you score 4 and we'll score 5!" principle. I thought Liverpool would subscribe to this idea last season, though, and that amounted to "you score 0, we'll hit the post 3 times" so who knows :monster:

Incidentally has Berbatov found a club yet? If not, we'll fucking have him!

Loony BoB
08-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Berbatov is rumoured to be heading to Zenit St. Petersburg, but I've not heard of any developments in recent times. I wouldn't be surprised to see him and another striker heading out the door, considering we've also signed an 18 year old Henriquez who is supposedly the bees knees when it comes to playing Chicharito-style football. So that's Rooney, Van Persie, Welbeck, Hernandez, Berbatov, Henriquez, Macheda, Keane. Erm :S

Meanwhile, at left back: Evra, Fabio (oh wait, he's on loan) and, uh, Evans, who is about as much a left-back as Giggs is a striker.

Rocket Edge
08-16-2012, 07:38 PM
I agree. Left back is something we should have been putting as first priority. It's almost as if Fergie is thinking 'well he has played every game for the last few seasons, no need to worry about that position'. Although I greatly admire RVP, I do worry where all of the players will fit in. I expect Rooney to play as second striker with Kagawa not too far off him. I'm interested to see how he will accompany our wingers in as well. Valencia was probably out best player last season, I can't see Young or Nani starting ahead of him, unless they slot him into right back which I think we don't get much use out of him.

All said, I'm delighted we have Van Persie on the basis of he brings something to us we haven't really had before. I think I said it before in the football thread months back that I think he is the best genuine centre forward in the world. I can see him being effective for years because he doesn't rely on his pace too much like an Henry or someone. I don't even mind we payed the 24mill for him as a player of his stature on a free would have every club in the world snapping at Arsenals feet.

Should be a great season!

The Captain
08-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Looks like we got our winger! Sort of. Still hoping we sign Sahin. Then, I think Rodgers may play a bit tricky and push Gerrard up further to the attacking 3 in his 4-3-3 formation. A Lucas/Allen/Sahin middle with Borini/Gerrard/Suarez up front would be mighty interesting. Plus, it would send Downing to the bench. At least we'd finally have actual depth in the midfield as opposed to just bodies. Speaking of:

Can I interest anyone in Charlie Adam or Joe Cole? Anyone? Both have barely been touched and may still have their packing labels on them!

I actually think the fight for 4th may be within reach now. I'm not sure if Arsenal will be as good without RVP, though they always surprise. I could see them and Liverpool fighting it out all season. The top 3 look pretty secure.

Man U look like they are going to go all out this year. What a crazy amount of strikers they have! For all United fans, a question: If you reclaim the title this year, do you think Alex retires?

Take care all.

Loony BoB
08-17-2012, 01:55 PM
That depends on his health. He's said time and time again that this is the only reason he will retire: If he's no longer fit for the job (in either sense).

We have attacking footballers coming out our ears at the moment and I'm honestly starting to wonder if SAF is considering switching to a 3-4-3. It's insane.

charliepanayi
08-17-2012, 03:04 PM
He might retire if he bags a third European Cup, putting him level with Bob Paisley (the only manager to win three).

Old Manus
08-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Spoilers: It's all part of the master plan. Fergie sees that there has been a sea change in Europe over the past few years towards high octane attacking football, and it's been working. Barcelona have been nigh invincible packing their team with attacking players, and their defence is pretty average. The same goes for Real Madrid. Man Utd lost the title in the last minute of the season on goal difference with not much to speak of in defence for the majority of the season. You could even say that Blackpool had some success with the attacking football that they played a few years ago.

tl;dr defenders no longer needed

charliepanayi
08-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Nah, in the Premier League, the US sports adage is true, defence still wins championships. It's just the last few years there's been least worst defences rather than best defences at times.

Psychotic
08-18-2012, 04:37 PM
rodgers out

laudrup in

King Kenny: Not as tit as the media would have you believe. At least his teams could hit the post.

DK
08-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Jesus christ what is going on xD Swansea. Hilarity.

Psychotic
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM
With each new manager Swansea get better and better.

...with each new manager Liverpool get worse and worse.

Loony BoB
08-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Ah, the snap judgments are cracking out after one game. All is normal in the footballing world. :)

Psychotic
08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah I should probably wait to hear what your work mates have to say on the subject first.

ps: really not serious

Old Manus
08-18-2012, 05:12 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/62147000/jpg/_62147324_michael-laudrup.jpg

http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/79801/article_73ca4ed6765a880c_1345302831_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

http://www.ghanamma.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/b4c957656744_dyer_get766.jpg

http://www.attackingsoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Mark-Hughes.jpg

http://www.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/2012-13/news/rodgers-press-conference-16.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

DK
08-18-2012, 11:28 PM
End of the first day of the premiership, Big Andy's Ponytail dominating the EoFF Fantasy Football league table by one whole point, over Pauw's team in a comfortable second. Meanwhile, Fantasy football cheating cheater Donal languishes in mid table mediocrity.

REMEMBER THIS DAY FOREVER, because it'll never happen again. I will treasure it. <3

Old Manus
08-19-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm disappointed that none of you had based Michu in your fantasy lineups. I didn't either, but I honestly thought De Guzman would perform better. I was so, so wrong.

charliepanayi
08-19-2012, 12:18 AM
I bet Liverpool won't be this crap in a fortnight!

So that's one team already who has succeeded at parking the bus at our place. This is going to be a long season...

DK
08-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Hey I've got two Swansea players in my first team man, I'm repping the swans. :colbert:

Psychotic
08-19-2012, 09:36 AM
End of the first day of the premiership, Big Andy's Ponytail dominating the EoFF Fantasy Football league table by one whole point, over Pauw's team in a comfortable second. Meanwhile, Fantasy football cheating cheater Donal languishes in mid table mediocrity.

REMEMBER THIS DAY FOREVER, because it'll never happen again. I will treasure it. <3:love: GLORY Though I had 9 point John Arne Riise on the bench :shobon: Also I straight up told Dan "I need to have this Michu fella in my FF line up" so don't worry babe, I'm on it like a bonnet. :cool:

Also also I don't know if you've seen Liverpool's fixture list but we are basically going to be in the relegation zone 'til October. Which is nice, I was really beginning to miss Roy Hodgson.

DK
08-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Well it's all going horribly wrong for us so far. I am not pleased. :colbert:

DK
08-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Well, Southamptons manager is a total genius with substitutions, fair play. xD

charliepanayi
08-19-2012, 08:04 PM
*shakes fist* Curse you Southampton! It's weird to think they've been out of the top flight for seven years or so, I got so used to us playing them in the 90s and early 2000s.

Psychotic
08-19-2012, 08:12 PM
BRING BACK MATT LE TISSIER

charliepanayi
08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
And Egil Ostenstad (sp?)

Old Manus
08-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Southampton's kit is horrible. There's just something about it that reminds me of all the identikit football league kits. And the Swans played in orange last season so I know what I'm talking about.

Psychotic
08-19-2012, 09:16 PM
The orange kit was infinitely better than your current disgusting red and green offering.

Old Manus
08-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Shut your walrus mouth. Red and green are ~WELSH~ and ~PATRIOTIC~ and represent unity amongst the peoples of ~THE LAND OF MY FATHERS~.

Totally not like what Cardiff City Welsh Dragons Franchise FC<sup>TM</sup> are doing with their red kits and new crest. In fact, it isn't. At least our non-existent third kits don't make our players look like a tired and emotional Bertie Bassett!

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
I had no idea what you were referring to so I googled it. Good lord that is a monstrosity.

charliepanayi
08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
What's going on? Aren't Everton always supposed to start the season atrociously?

Loony BoB
08-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Dang. Only got to watch the last 35 minutes (ie, from just before the scored through to the end). Apparently we were crap up 'til then, and I can't say Everton allowed us to stretch the play in any way once they had their goal. Couldn't break 'em down. Didn't expect a frontline made up of RVP, Rooney and Kagawa to be perfectly gelled, though. Gonna have to give that lot time... perhaps would have been better playing Berbatov. :p

Old Manus
08-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Cue the back pages being filled with claptrap about how Man Utd are doomed and Fergie is a spent force

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 10:23 PM
fergie out

Cuchulainn
08-20-2012, 11:31 PM
We played 2 midfielders in defence at Goodison. We were doomed at kick off. THat Afro bastard Fellani should be made to play in flipflops.

charliepanayi
08-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Everything's coming up Swansea!

Old Manus
08-25-2012, 03:45 PM
It's taken us 7 years to get from the bottom to the top of English football. What a day.

EDIT: Just realised that the rise began around about the time I registered at EoFF. If you ban me it's all over.

Psychotic
08-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Bottom of the Prem, bottom of the fantasy football league, life is good :aimsun:

ScottyRedXIII
08-26-2012, 01:40 AM
It's days like these I cry about being a West Ham Fan (waits for Sarky comments) tbh we gifted Swansea their first two goals, no arguing the third, and even after the first we lost it, so well played to Swansea..... Welsh Basterds.

DK
08-26-2012, 05:55 PM
I'll take that result, we were shit. Liverpool bossed it for the most part, bit of a bullshit free kick for Suarez hax but then Skrtel repaid the debt. We looked so much better when Dave Silva came on as well. Not sure I like this 3-5-2 formation Mancini is toying with either.

Cuchulainn
08-26-2012, 11:07 PM
van Persie's goal was a thing of beauty. Cleverley & Kagawa were great. Apart from that we were balls.

Damn I should be a journo

Loony BoB
08-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Ando, Rafael (offensively at least! How the hell is he not a winger!?) and Valencia were all pretty good, too, I'd say. Evra was neither great nor terrible.

Rocket Edge
08-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah I thought Kagawa had a great game. I'm very impressed with him for the first couple of games. Van Persie's goal was great, I went banana's when he scored. I got a bit nervy in the end to see the game out. We look vulnerable at the back. I can't wait to get to fit centre backs to come in and start.

On the FF. Had to put in Michu after seeing how he did in La Liga last year & his great start to the season. Think I might bring in Baines for the coming gameweek. Back on top! Can anyone stop the Sugarkids from getting the title this season? I love the team names people, especially you Paul!

Old Manus
08-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I keep refraining from drafting in Michu because I initially put in De Guzman, and I still think he will come up with the goods. He had a fairly average game on Saturday though, I think it's only injuries that are stopping me from swapping them out at the moment.

DK
08-28-2012, 06:30 PM
My FF injury curse is running strong, I've had two players in my team out injured already. Considering signing RVP, Eden Hazard and Gareth Bale. :)

Rocket Edge
08-28-2012, 06:53 PM
I think everyone should try work Hazard into their team in the next few gameweeks. I like the look of Ben Arfa as well. Van Persie.. is just too much money. I probably should lob him in there as when I had Rooney in my team last year it doubled the cheer when he would score for me. Your favourite team + player off that team on your FF = you can't go wrong.

DK
08-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Well it can, Like I said the injury curse struck early for me. 11 minutes into our first game to be precise. Sergio :( I expect Dave Silva and Yaya to pull up crippled in short order as well. I hate fantasy football :colbert:

Rocket Edge
08-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Well that was unfortunate, but the likes of Silva & Toure are always going to get points. Tevez & Torres as captain saved me this gameweek after Sunderland & Reading didn't play. I had McClean, Cueller, & Pogrebnyak. Terry never started either & Lampard only came on for a few minutes. :(

charliepanayi
08-30-2012, 05:42 PM
CL group stage draw:

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier.

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga.

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund.

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland.

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov.

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic.

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj.

Psychotic
08-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Man City get shafted again. Good lord that group is a son of a bitch. And how the fuck do United keep jamming these (relatively) easy draws?

charliepanayi
08-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Well they did contrive to make a hash of their easy draw last year I guess. I'm reasonably happy with our draw.

Psychotic
08-30-2012, 06:00 PM
You always get a piss easy draw too :colbert: City's group is literally a Champion's League.

DK
08-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Real, Dortmund and Ajax all shitting themselves right now. We're going to walk it. (h)

Psychotic
08-30-2012, 07:22 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

FUCK FOOTBALL AND FUCK OLD MANUS THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT :argh:

Loony BoB
08-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Sturridge apparently better than Carroll? Hmmm.

Old Manus
08-31-2012, 01:09 PM
At least you offloaded Charlie Adam. God, some of Dalglish's signings were guff.

charliepanayi
08-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Liverpool get Udinese, Young Boys and mega rich Russian side Anzhi in their Europa League group.

Rocket Edge
08-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Man City's draw is brilliant. Not as a City fan but some seriously good match-ups. Real against City will be a spectacle.

Two of the strangest signings this window have happened either tonight or today. Andy Carroll to West Ham on loan. What are Liverpool gaining out of this transfer? I have to think they are doing it for money reasons (?) but why the fuck would you offload a striker (regardless of how much was paid on him last year) of his ability when you have no cover. It's the most brainless transfer I seen in a long time.

Another is Van Der Vaart. Again, what do they gain by selling him. Arguably their best player since he signed back a couple of years ago. They have no real cover either. Sigurdsson is not a natural second striker, who else can fill his boots. I think they will miss him a lot.

Loony BoB
08-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Having sold both Modric and VDV in recent days, I have to say that if they don't cough up the cash for Moutinho now then it's a bit of a joke - unless they're conceding that they need to cut costs without CL football this season (and perhaps even conceding they expect to not get it next season).

Psychotic
08-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Charlie Adam is gone, yes, and both I and the pie shops of Liverpool can rest easy at this news. But also gone are Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, Carroll and Spearing, 5 of the biggest heroes to ever play the game. Brendan Rodgers is a knob. :colbert:

emile heskey has no club, sign him up rodgers you ponce

DK
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Out: Nigel de Jong (:( hero forever), Adam Johnson (:( hero forever) and Adebayor
In: Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Richard Wright, Maicon.

What the living fuck is going on at my club. xD I don't understand. I am confused and sad. We better do something incredible in the next few hours or my god, what the shit.

Psychotic
08-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Our Europa League group: Anzhi, Udinese, Young Boys Bern.

Actually tougher than Man United's CL group. (Credit for this joke due in full to Charlie "DK" Panayi)

Loony BoB
08-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Out: Nigel de Jong (:( hero forever), Adam Johnson (:( hero forever) and Adebayor
In: Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Richard Wright, Maicon.

What the living smurf is going on at my club. xD I don't understand. I am confused and sad. We better do something incredible in the next few hours or my god, what the tit.
Think you're still likely to get that Javi Garcia chap, who could be pretty great.

Old Manus
08-31-2012, 10:59 PM
...Wow, Psy, I don't even feel schadenfreude, Brendan Rodgers just got shat on. Phil McNulty often doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, but he might have had a point when he said that Rodgers just picked up the tab for a year of clueless spending under Commoli and Dalglish.

In more important news, I'm pretty pleased with the Swans' business over the past few months, Laudrup's continental connections are really showing. I'm still a bit wary that we've made quite a few foreign imports though, many of whom can't or can barely speak English. For a team that runs 50% on working tightly as a team, I hope it doesn't screw things up.

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Brendan Rodgers can lick my balls :colbert: Big Andy? Fuck off. Fuck off fuck off. :doublecolbert: BIG ANDYYYYY :(

Still, you are quite right. Look, wanting to buy Carroll, Henderson, Downing etc. wasn't necessarily bad in and of itself. They had all shown promise. What was bad was whichever fucking twat handled the negotiations for those players. The huge fees have clearly added a weight of pressure to them and they just can't hack it. If we'd bought them all for £5-10m, I guarantee that not only would their mental strength (which is what I think all three lack as opposed to football ability) would be higher, but nobody would give as much of a fuck if they did turn out to be a pile of bollocks.

Can't even cough up £2m (sold Adam for £4m earlier that day) for Dempsey though? What the fuck is going on? :confused:

DK
09-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Well things picked up nicely in the last couple of hours of the window for us. I do like the sound of this new CB we picked up, sounds very promising and also at his age could be around for us for years which would be brilliant. Also fairly happy to have signed up another spanish midfielder. Now just need to hope that Sergio makes a speedy recovery.

Psychotic
09-02-2012, 03:27 PM
It's going to be a very long season.

Also, think Shelvey should start instead of Gerrard. Actually, Stevie G for striker. It's not like we have many other options...

charliepanayi
09-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Three clean sheets out of three? What madness is this? Though it helps we've faced three sides who either couldn't or wouldn't shoot.

Cuchulainn
09-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Waste of money that van Persie wasnt he

Rocket Edge
09-03-2012, 11:13 PM
What a game at Southampton! It only leaves me with a real head-scratcher. How do I get RVP into my fantasy team. :(

Psychotic
09-04-2012, 06:41 PM
BBC Sport - Stoke complete signing of free agent Michael Owen (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19480317)

thank fuck for that.

Loony BoB
09-04-2012, 06:46 PM
The guy scored goals for us when we bothered to play him, so yeah, hope he does well at Stoke (just not against us).

Psychotic
09-04-2012, 06:52 PM
He can score all the goals he wants. I would genuinely rather be relegated after having scored 0 goals all season than see him play for Liverpool. Some things are more important than winning.

On a related note... BRING. BACK. HESKEY!

The Captain
09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Boy, what a mess. I cannot believe we didn't bring in any sort of cover for Carroll. Though sounds like he will be sidelined for a while, so I guess it ended up being a wash.

I actually agree with something Paul said a few posts ago and think it is the only way forward for Liverpool for a while, though it is drastic: Gerrard needs to be converted to a striker. He hasn't really found his place in Rodger's new system in the midfield and remains probably our most genuine scorer and closest thing we would have to a poacher. Suarez can trick all he wants but he seems to be allergic to scoring. He is an excellent player and having him cut in from the flanks will add a lot but he cannot really lead the line.

I'm not sure Gerrard can either but I think if he is going to find a way that works for this squad he needs to be further up the field.

Joe Allen looks like the signing of the season for us and actually well worth his price tag. Who'd have thought it, a player we DIDN'T overspend for. I still believe in Sahin and think he just needs time. Losing Lucas again really is a big blow though.

Finishing Top 6 will be a real dogfight. I don't believe for a minute we are in relegation danger but we are clearly not at the same level of City, Utd, Chelsea and even Arsenal, especially in terms of squad depth.

I think Rodgers might be wise to really try out some of the other kids this year. Give Morgan a go, Coady, etc. Sterling has looked dynamic, but we must not over use him either.

The sky isn't falling but it isn't blue.

Take care all.

Rocket Edge
09-07-2012, 11:55 AM
If your going to convert Gerrard as a second striker, for gods sake convert Suarez as a winger. I have been saying it since he joined - he falls to pieces in front of goal. Yet there is no doubting his talent, I think he would do a great job on a flank with his imagination & creativity, and maybe get the odd goal. I almost think its unfair having him as a lone striker.

charliepanayi
09-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Routine win for England (the match on Tuesday should be more interesting), Ireland just about escaping with a win in their game. And the mighty New Zealand beat New Caledonia in their qualifier!

Old Manus
09-08-2012, 02:31 PM
And James Collins keeps up his atrocious form after his cockup a few weeks ago at the Liberty, and almost single handedly sends Wales' hopes of qualification down the drain by getting himself sent off within the first half hour, costing us at least one goal and getting suspended for the next few games. What an absolute tool.

I watched the England game, and was pleased that they tried to keep the ball a bit more and didn't play hoofball. Moldova are seriously poor opposition though. James Milner is still trout.

EDIT: There's something which makes me laugh hard about saying that James Milner is 'trout'

charliepanayi
09-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Well at least England can console themselves that they're not Northern Ireland or Wales right now.

Old Manus
09-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Okay I take back whatever I said about James Collins single handedly throwing our chances away, it turns out we're just trout in general. How Gary Speed god rest his soul managed to perform miracles with the same bunch of players is something we'll never know.

On England:

It still riles me how their selection policy is still 'Look for English players in the top six teams then call them up regardless of ability'. Out of the 22 selected, a mere four (I'm discounting the frankly baffling inclusion of Jack Butland) of them weren't from Manchester, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs or Liverpool. What the smurf is Raheem Sterling doing in the side? He's made a grand total of five senior football appearances in his career (so far). Phil Jones and Tom Cleverley didn't get a look in for England until they moved to Manchester (or in Cleverley's case, he was Wigan's best player while he was on a season-long loan there before the 10/11 season, but the England selectors didn't give a trout).

I'm willing to put money on Adam Johnson rarely getting a look in for England now that he's moved to Sunderland. On the topic of Sunderland, you just know that if Frazier Campbell was still at Man Utd he'd be a shoo-in for a place in the first team. smurf.

I know, I'm still pissed that people like Raheem smurfing Sterling get a spot in the squad over Nathan Dyer who is a far better player, plays in the same position, and has scored more goals than Sterling ever will (and he's only 24).

Loony BoB
09-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Apparently Rooney, RVP and Kagawa are all injured. Guess we'll have to make do with Chicharito and Welbeck, with the bench provided by new boy Henriquez or possibly Macheda. If only we had depth, you know? :p

Psychotic
09-12-2012, 09:47 PM
I know, I'm still pissed that people like Raheem smurfing Sterling get a spot in the squad over Nathan Dyer who is a far better player, plays in the same position, and has scored more goals than Sterling ever will (and he's only 24).lmao look at this welshman getting mad about england.

your tears will be that much sweeter when raheem manages to break dyer's impressive 17 career goals record.

ps: have you ever actually seen sterling play?

Old Manus
09-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I've watched every Liverpool game so far (out of morbid curiosity) and he's doing well for a youngster, but I still see no reason why he should be in the senior England squad with so little experience.

ScottyRedXIII
09-15-2012, 03:06 PM
When Harry Kane eventually scores for Norwich, I want to see him celebrate this way.

WWE Kane Pyro - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXpZeGb93Q)

Psychotic
09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Every game we play further shows what an abortion of a decision it was to fire Kenny. And I would like to point out that I said "fire Kenny" and not "hire Rodgers". The team really wasn't as bad as was made out last season, the only thing missing was a 20-goal striker. Doesn't help that we didn't address the goals situation and lost Bellamy, Maxi and Kuyt over the Summer but I digress. My point is this: Four managers in four years. Rip it all up and start again, time and time again. It's no wonder we look so disjointed and confused. I stand by Rodgers and hope he has time, but I wish we'd never gotten rid of Kenny. Hell, I wish we'd never gotten rid of Rafa. Both unpopular with the media and fans of other clubs, but you know what? smurf them. I don't need them telling me what's good for my club.

My catchphrase: It's going to be a long season.

edit: oh god looks like the woodwork curse is still ongoing :( KILL ME NOW

Old Manus
09-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Steven Fletcher suddenly seems almost worth the 12 million quid, especially after his lesson in finishing he gave us the other week. Fair play to Villa today though, they played really well and deserved the win. smurfing hell Danny Graham looks more and more average every week and I don't know why I seem to be the only fan who sees this. Hernandez looks to be a cracker though, stick him in your fantasy teams now!

Oh, and on the 'we've had it harder with managers than you' contest, the Swans have had four managers in the last five years (or, if you want, 8 in the last 10) :colbert:

Formalhaut
09-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Talking about Swansea, their my new adopted team for this year. I really like them, they have a solid team, and so far they've done well, if only for that loss last Saturday. I've read about their new manager and he seems pretty experienced.

Shoden
09-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Swansea are teh luffs!

Oh and I Have to say, even as a Newcastle fan that Everton were extremely unlucky in that match but still... What a game that was in the 2nd half. My friends unfortunate to be Sunderland fans weren't too pleased on my Facebook when I was all "DEMBA BA!" after that 2nd goal.

Cuchulainn
09-18-2012, 09:56 AM
i can't believe how shit the officiating STILL is in the league

Bubba
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
I really can't wait for the match at the Bernabeu tonight.

I reckon City might be able to come away with a draw. Especially when you consider Real's slow start to the season.

DK
09-18-2012, 03:36 PM
We're not exactly off to a flier ourselves. Our defence has been awful, and they showed on MotD2 on Sunday that statistically so far Joe Hart has been the worst keeper in the league. xD Made 5 saves and let in 6 goals. Oh dear. I hope Sergio is fit for the game, if not I will be weeping for my team.

On a brighter note, Dave signed a 5 year contract extension. :heart: :heart: :heart: Love you forever Dave never leave

http://www.davidsilva21.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/David-Silva-007.jpg

DK
09-18-2012, 09:40 PM
good god, that could not have been any more awful. of all people as well. fuck kate middletons droopy b-cups, nothing is more grotesque than football.

Bubba
09-18-2012, 09:45 PM
A bit of a heart-breaker DK, but you didn't play too badly. Scoring two goals at the Bernabeu is no mean feat either.

Madrid did dominate though and deserved to win. At least it's your hardest game out of the way.

Crop
09-18-2012, 11:55 PM
The worst part about being in the US is the awful football coverage. The commentators are terrible and I have to get up at 8:30am on Sunday to watch Utd v Liverpool! Never thought I'd miss home so much...

ScottyRedXIII
09-19-2012, 12:55 AM
I has an Accumulation going, put a pound on 10 teams to win, wining were £5961...... and city was one of them teams....

Cuchulainn
09-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Well yesterday proved something. City are a bunch of self service mercenaries blaming eachother for their hilarious defeat.

Disgusting club.

ScottyRedXIII
09-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Man U put a great effort in today, Galatasaray is a great challenge. Still can't understand why Nani has a job though...

Cuchulainn
09-19-2012, 10:55 PM
He was fucking shocking tonight

Old Manus
09-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Football transfer rumours: Emile Heskey to Newcastle...Jets (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/19/football-transfer-rumours-emile-heskey?newsfeed=true)

Looks like a heroic return to Liverpool in their time of need was not his destiny. Thank the footballing gods for that.

Loony BoB
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Man U put a great effort in today, Galatasaray is a great challenge. Still can't understand why Nani has a job though...
Nani may have been bad tonight, but he was no worse than RVP and Valencia. Honestly, our big flair players, Kagawa excepted, were just terrible. Valencia couldn't cross, Nani couldn't shoot with any power, RVP couldn't keep the ball, Scholes misplaced too many passes. What the hell happened to them? These are things that they normally do all the time!

Bubba
09-20-2012, 12:02 PM
We are certainly going to have to get a lot better if we want to progress. Though after last years campaign I'll take any kind of win in the first game.

Loony BoB
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Personally I wouldn't take it too badly, we played well against other teams this season already and this may have just been an "off day" for a few of our bigger players. I'm not worried, let's put it that way. :p

Psychotic
09-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Football transfer rumours: Emile Heskey to Newcastle...Jets (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/19/football-transfer-rumours-emile-heskey?newsfeed=true)

Looks like a heroic return to Liverpool in their time of need was not his destiny. Thank the footballing gods for that.Better get my first shots in for the weekend now. Without Heskey, we're going to lose to United on Sunday, which is a shame for everyone concerned. I encourage all neutrals to back LFC though, as if we win we won't have to put up with Cuch in this thread for a whole month. Speaking of, come on out now Crop, it's time for your biannual post.

Still, Sterling or Suarez vs Evra... the very thought is giving me a stiffie. No not because of the racism, but because he's trout.

A picture now for lonny bob:http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/suarez_zpse1c3e9e7.jpg

Can't wait to see how many tears and statistics-ridden excuses (stats mean smurf all in football; see liverpool's transfer policy last year...) this man produces from you this time.

Finally... the fucking Thursday Nights, Channel 5 taunts don't work if Channel 5 don't even show the fucking game, what the fuck is this :colbert:

Old Manus
09-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Still, Sterling or Suarez vs Evra... the very thought is giving me a stiffie. No not because of the racism, but because he's trout. At least Evra is pretty good.

Psychotic
09-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Joke would work better if it was true. You're better than Evra, and you're from a nation that took a hilarious pasting from Serbia. :greenie:

DK
09-20-2012, 07:52 PM
http://e0.365dm.com/12/05/660x350/JonjoShelvey_2762033.jpg

ScottyRedXIII
09-20-2012, 10:57 PM
I used to go to school with Jonjo Shelvey in Essex, tackled him twice on the school field, got on the football team because of it....

Cuchulainn
09-21-2012, 01:03 AM
After the game tonight between Liverpool and the 3rd best team in Switzerland I seen some Liverpool fan say Shelvey is going to be the best midfielder in the Premiership in a year. LOL

Ah Liverpool supporters.....delusion

As for the game on Sunday I've no doubt Liverpool will raise their game against us they always do. This is their season nowadays and they've as much chance of winning as us.

Loony BoB
09-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Oh, go on, I'll take your bait, Psychotrollolol.

A picture now for lonny bob:http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/suarez_zpse1c3e9e7.jpg
Clever. I may as well make an image that says "Applaud Liverpool players if you think they're troute". I mean, really, now. Kindergarten level intelligence is behind these kind of images, sort of like people who go around mumbling very quickly "an idiot says what" at people. :p

Can't wait to see how many tears and statistics-ridden excuses (stats mean smurf all in football; see liverpool's transfer policy last year...) this man produces from you this time.
Stats actually mean a lot. For example, statistics show that you brought in players who were alright/good where they were playing originally and then you lot made them pathetic remnants of who they used to be. Who was the manager that season? :confused:

Speak poorly about Evra if you're scared of Evra!

Psychotic
09-21-2012, 06:53 PM
As for the game on Sunday I've no doubt Liverpool will raise their game against us they always do. This is their season nowadays and they've as much chance of winning as us.So to summarise, oh no, a team actually giving you something back instead of rolling over and letting you tickle their tummy. Goodness, however will the mighty manchester united cope with a team actually trying. THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! :cry:

Also it's Liverpool's season, being able to play against England's second most successful club? Nein, fraulein. Think you'll find United fans are the ones obsessed with Liverpool. Why else would they sing about Liverpool when they're not even playing Liverpool?

It's my season though, because as I say, there's a chance I don't have to see you in this thread for a month. :greenie:

Also BoB:
Patrice Evra is a better left-back than Jose Enrique. Now what. :aimsun: Actually, player for player, don't think anyone for Liverpool would get into United's XI other than maybe one of Agger/Skrtel, and possibly Kelly if you don't use Valencia as an RB. Really, only one team should win this game.

should also say good luck donal and bubba, may the best team win. Please don't be offended by anything I say because I don't want to hurt either of you :( there are just too many people here that support your team who deserve to be made fun of.

krissy
09-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Football Player Finds Grenade On Field And Almost Loses His Hand - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPVLJzeZ9i8&feature=share)

Cuchulainn
09-21-2012, 07:46 PM
As for the game on Sunday I've no doubt Liverpool will raise their game against us they always do. This is their season nowadays and they've as much chance of winning as us.So to summarise, oh no, a team actually giving you something back instead of rolling over and letting you tickle their tummy. Goodness, however will the mighty manchester united cope with a team actually trying. THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! :cry:

Also it's Liverpool's season, being able to play against England's second most successful club? Nein, fraulein. Think you'll find United fans are the ones obsessed with Liverpool. Why else would they sing about Liverpool when they're not even playing Liverpool?

It's my season though, because as I say, there's a chance I don't have to see you in this thread for a month. :greenie:

Also BoB:
Patrice Evra is a better left-back than Jose Enrique. Now what. :aimsun: Actually, player for player, don't think anyone for Liverpool would get into United's XI other than maybe one of Agger/Skrtel, and possibly Kelly if you don't use Valencia as an RB. Really, only one team should win this game.

should also say good luck donal and bubba, may the best team win. Please don't be offended by anything I say because I don't want to hurt either of you :( there are just too many people here that support your team who deserve to be made fun of.

Oh dear. Did I ruffle your feathers by pointing out poor teams like Liverpool always raise their game agaisnt the successful teams? No offence was meant kid.

Psychotic
09-21-2012, 07:56 PM
there aren't any teams in england more successful than liverpool so you're not making much sense there, grandpa. :confused:

Also, remind me again how many trophies the, ahem, "successful" Man United won last season...

charliepanayi
09-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I won't be too down with a defeat on Sunday (it's a very difficult game after all), I really don't want to lose to Chelsea next weekend though. After last season I hate them a hundred times more now.

Old Manus
09-22-2012, 09:47 AM
But...but...our history

Psychotic
09-22-2012, 09:59 AM
But...but...our Brendan

Loony BoB
09-22-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't think Swansea are missing him that much right now. xD

Psychotic
09-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Swansea might not be, but Manus clearly is. That or he's decided you lot are useless at this football thread war business and is trying to help. Yet you're all still being slaughtered by a liverpool - aka the easiest team in the world to troll - fan. In fact, this showing is the worst I've ever seen. "Oh you're a small club now! Oh you rely on history!" god damnit come up with something new. Try to claim Martin Kelly was caught exposing himself to a German nunnery or something. Shame on all of you. This is a disgrace. :colbert:

honestly the football thread war is the only thing I have to look forward to now we're a useless midtable team and you people can't even give me that :whimper:

ScottyRedXIII
09-22-2012, 02:31 PM
I can seriously see Everton winning 1 cup this season, dominated Swansea and their team is not a bad one, definitely Europa cup next season, If not then I will eat my own hat.

Loony BoB
09-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't think Swansea are missing him that much right now. xD
Commentator's curse, much? =x

ScottyRedXIII
09-22-2012, 05:39 PM

Old Manus
09-22-2012, 05:45 PM
BoB I lay the blame for that shambles firmly at your feet. I only heard it on the radio but it was clear that Everton were schooling us. Why the hell Leon Britton didn't start I will never know. Dyer you smurfing idiot.

Also Psybeans: :aimkiss:

Psychotic
09-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Standards have really dropped at Lisburn Distillery lately. 3-0 to Glentoran? Fuck me.

Cuchulainn
09-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Didn't know this was supposed to be a slangging match I just like see wee paul get all defensive every now and then.

Speaking of Paul you know way more about the Irish League than anyone needs to. Also Cliftonville won so it's all good.

Psychotic
09-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Think that was very harsh, and I am proud to be a supporter of this team. Going to leave it at that... other than to say Patrice Evra was the worst player in that game by some way :greenie:

Feel free to hit me with whatever gloating you want!

Cuchulainn
09-23-2012, 03:38 PM

:)

Loony BoB
09-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I for one think our win was thoroughly deserved and we clearly outplayed you on every area of the pitch in every way.

EDIT: And all that despite the referee clearly favouring Liverpool at every turn, and giving into the overall very quiet Liverpool fans if they ever bothered to make a noise about something.

Cuchulainn
09-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Yea Anfield was about as Atmospheric as the DW Stadium today. 50 thousand scousers were walking alone...quietly.

Bubba
09-23-2012, 04:08 PM
I'll be honest, I was more nervous about pre-kick off than I was about the actual game. I'm just relieved our fans behaved in the way I know they can.

In terms of the actual game, we were terrible today and if it wasn't for the extra man we would have been beaten. Though, I'll take any victory at Anfield. For some reason it makes it all the more sweet that we were outplayed.

Today was about more than football though and I'm glad everything was conducted in the best possible way.

ScottyRedXIII
09-23-2012, 05:02 PM
I've only just woken up to see the scores, was going to put another bottom half league table up.... but think I'll just laugh to myself...

Psychotic
09-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I've only just woken up to see the scores, was going to put another bottom half league table up.... but think I'll just laugh to myself...oh no why did the league have to end after 5 games :( I've never experienced relegation before, perhaps there is a fan of a yo yo club around here, like, say, West Ham, who could tell me how it feels. Perhaps they could also tell me how much losing the 2006 cup final hurt too while they're at it. :greenie:

Man U fans get to mock me. You don't. :p

The Captain
09-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I will leave all the controversial calls alone. The ref, I thought, and very nearly every single commentator, writer, etc, agreed, had a very poor game overall but you can't leave it to the ref to decide the match. The team has to go out and win it. Man Utd, like they do, somehow stuck around, stuck around, and in the end, were in position to win it. The good teams do that. They take the opportunities presented to them and cash them in.

Full credit to most of the supporters in the stands today, as the pre-match was beautiful, haunting, up-lifting and dignified. Exactly what it needed to be.

Full credit to Steven Gerrard, who frankly, was the best player on the pitch all game long. His goal was fantastic. With the injury to Borini, I think the time has come to move him up the pitch again. Liverpool's biggest weakness is a lack of goals and with now just Suarez as our only senior striker, we need someone who can consistently score.

I also want to say, despite this result, I sense that something IS happening at Liverpool. The young players look like men instead of boys, not scared of the big event and now with injuries mounting and a serious lack of depth, more will be asked of them. Sterling is already established. Suso looked great. I love that Kelly is playing so well. Joe Allen continues to impress. I think chances will be given to Morgan and Wisdom in coming games too. We are clearly not going to contend for the title or even Top 4 this year. However this still could be a very good season for us in terms of setting ourselves up for the future. We are playing an aggressive, possession style of football and if we can bring in our youth quickly, we set ourselves up for years to come.

Better days are ahead.

Take care all.

ScottyRedXIII
09-23-2012, 08:53 PM
I've only just woken up to see the scores, was going to put another bottom half league table up.... but think I'll just laugh to myself...oh no why did the league have to end after 5 games :( I've never experienced relegation before, perhaps there is a fan of a yo yo club around here, like, say, West Ham, who could tell me how it feels. Perhaps they could also tell me how much losing the 2006 cup final hurt too while they're at it. :greenie:

Man U fans get to mock me. You don't. :p

Touché

On a side note, John Terry Quits international football...

Cuchulainn
09-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Just seen a replay on MOTD of all the 'decisions'.

The sending off was as definate sending off. The United penalty was a definate penalty. Also Evans and Scholes got the ball for this supposed missed penalty for the Scousers. Dunno what all the tears and toys gettin chucked out the pram is about.

charliepanayi
09-23-2012, 11:17 PM
I thought Liverpool should have had a penalty. Anyway, I'm pleased with the draw at Man City.

Old Manus
09-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Liverpool may have gotten that penalty, if old Luis had just gone down instead of doing this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBv6t7nmIeE&t=1m57s)

I thought it was a pretty even game. The Shelvey sending off was reckless but maybe a yellow at most. Valencia dived even harder than Luis, but Suarez has a reputation for this kind of shit so I don't have any sympathy.

charliepanayi
09-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I didn't think Suarez should have had the penalty, I thought it was the second tackle that warranted one.

Loony BoB
09-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Terry leaves football and the world rejoices. The journalists and pundits rejoice, too, but in a rather subtle way. I loved Mr. McNulty's concluding remark of "England has lost a good defender, but not a great one." Slap in the face on your way out, Mr. Terry? Ahahaha, but it is so very deserved.

charliepanayi
09-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Liverpool v Swansea in the next round of the League Cup.

Psychotic
09-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Liverpool v Swansea in the next round of the League Cup.OH YESSSS

GRUDGE MATCH TO END ALL GRUDGE MATCHES HERE WE GO oh wait we're picking a bunch of 12 year olds.

Also tonight Liverpool played a kid who turned 16 this week. He is still in Year 11. He was born the same year Carra made his debut. Remember Euro 96? He doesn't, he wasn't even alive.

Bubba
09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I think Psychotic should bring back his Brendan Rogers avatar in honour of this draw.

charliepanayi
09-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Terry fined £220,000 and gets a four match ban - so half the ban Suarez got.

Also:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19748545

Old Manus
09-27-2012, 10:19 PM
My body is ready.

Psychotic
09-29-2012, 04:58 PM
If there was one flaw about Kenny, it's that he carried on picking underperforming players like Adam, Downing and Henderson. What I do like about Rodgers is that he doesn't give a smurf, if you're doing well, he'll pick you. If you'd asked me at the start of the season whether I'd see a league game in September where Suso, Sterling and Wisdom started, I'd wonder if half the team had broken their legs.

It's great to see young players actually being given a chance. You hear rumours of your youngsters, about how so-and-so is going to be the next Owen/Gerrard/Messi etc. and then they fade into obscurity. A huge overhaul was done of our academy under Rafa where we basically nicked a whole bunch of Barca's staff, and the benefits of it are starting to show. Not saying THIS IS OUR YEAR btw, or even FIVE YEARS TIME IS OUR YEAR, just saying it's more satisfying to see them than expensive players born in the north east of England. Not naming any names, like.

Loony BoB
09-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Oh man, did we suck in that first half yesterday. We were incredible in the second, but one half does not a victory make. :( We haven't had a game that has really convinced me so far this season. Wigan doesn't count, they're Wigan. Getting four goals against them is pretty standard (http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/opponents/wigan.html).

Old Manus
09-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Wasn't expecting a win at Stoke, but we were the better team in the second half. Three losses on the trot though...

ScottyRedXIII
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Is anyone else sharing my terrible gambling addiction this season? too many teams on one accumulator list.

Old Manus
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm currently about £65 up this season, on a lucky streak of a few trebles and first goalscorer flutters. It's not a gambling addiction if you're winning!

ScottyRedXIII
10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Then for me It's an addiction.... too many accumulators with the one or two odd teams letting me down, not to mention In play betting.

That 25 Million was well spent so far aye QPR!...

charliepanayi
10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Good to see Newcastle returning to their traditional role as a points and goal difference bonanza for Man Utd.

ScottyRedXIII
10-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Can't deny the class of a goal that was From Tom Cleverly, whether he meant to go for goal or not.

Psychotic
10-08-2012, 06:08 PM
fuck off tony pulis you hypocritical shitstain.

Wah wah Suarez dived. Which, let's be honest, he clearly did. But having a hissy fit and saying he's a cheat and should be retrospectively punished? Remind me again about how, just a few weeks ago, you said it was perfectly fine for Peter Crouch to handball it to score? And in this very game, Robert Huth, no doubt on your instructions, stamped on Luis Suarez deliberately. That's just as much cheating as diving. In fact, it's worse, because nobody gets broken ribs from diving.

Hope Stoke get relegated soon, sod off Pulis you twat.

Loony BoB
10-08-2012, 06:24 PM
:lol:

Psychotic
10-08-2012, 06:26 PM
let me guess, the people at your work think tony pulis is a great manager :colbert:

I don't even care anymore though because I have just learned that Jonjo Shelvey, Hero of all Football, has made the full England squad. :excited:

Loony BoB
10-08-2012, 06:42 PM
let me guess, the people at your work think tony pulis is a great manager :colbert:
No idea. :p I was just laughing at your ranting. It just seemed comical. :D

Bubba
10-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Liverpool... Lol

Psychotic
10-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Liverpool... LolYOU! There is now only one decent Manchester United fan on this website. :colbert:

Bubba
10-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Ha, Liverpool have actually played some good stuff this season. It's just the end product.

Your plight does amuse me though...

Psychotic
10-08-2012, 06:55 PM
This is the fourth season (and fourth manager) where we've been like this. Liverpool: USELESS MID-TABLE OUTFIT WITH 0 STRIKERS is hardly breaking news anymore! I've said it in this thread, but there is a disproportionate amount of attention given to LFC, both in the media and by fans of other teams in this very thread, compared to how important or relevant they are to the Premier League. I mean, I smurfing give the team attention no matter how trout we are as that's what a supporter does, but haven't you lot got anything better to do, like eat prawn sandwiches? :doublecolbert:

Also, can't everyone put aside their love of failing miserably at trying to score points off me and unite against a common enemy in Stoke? Come on now. None of you will ever win against me! You are the Liverpools of this thread!

Loony BoB
10-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Liverpool... LolYOU! There is now only one decent Manchester United fan on this website. :colbert:
The search will go on for a decent Liverpool fan, though. :(

Cuchulainn
10-08-2012, 07:40 PM
The search will go on for a decent Liverpool fan, though. :(

Ohhh burn.

Suarez is indeed a diving whore however Pulis really does have a cheek. He coaches arguably the dirtiest side the Premierahip has ever seen. Don't forget this is the same premiership that had Wimbledon and suffered numerous Sam Allerdyce teams. They really are a terrible football club with classless fans and I am worryingly on the side of that Scouse lover when I say I'd be glad to see the back of them.

Psychotic
10-08-2012, 07:46 PM
You're alright Cuch. You're alright. :aimkiss:

Also, BoB, kind of harsh on The Captain!

charliepanayi
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Pulis is full of BS, and his Stoke side really are hideous.

Loony BoB
10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
I've always just assumed that The Captain is exactly the opposite offline to what he is online. So he's an Everton fan and he's a right proper jerk.

Crop
10-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I've said it in this thread, but there is a disproportionate amount of attention given to LFC, by fans of other teams in this very thread

It's because you post the most and you're just so darn entertaining.

Although I can agree with you about Stoke, not looking forward to playing them in a couple of weeks all I can hope for is that they only injure a couple of our players. I wish they'd go down into the depths of hell (Championship) where they belong.

Old Manus
10-10-2012, 11:58 AM
There's just this special kind of schadenfreude when it comes to Liverpool.

charliepanayi
10-12-2012, 10:08 PM
England - expected
Ireland - ouch

Psychotic
10-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Chris Mitchell on Twitter: "Absolutely pathetic from England. Aside from Wayne Rooney the players and especially the manager should be embarrassed."

oh no how dare england only win 5-0 in a world cup qualifier

The BBC text commentary pages are the YouTube comments of the football world.

charliepanayi
10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Germany throw away 4-0 lead! It's just like watching Arsenal!
Spain concede a goal!
Poland v England farce!

Psychotic
10-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Germany throw away 4-0 lead! It's just like watching Arsenal!Be honest, is this video of you? Football fan loses the plot - Arsenal vs. Newcastle 4-4 - Videos - MetaTube (http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/59268/Football-fan-loses-the-plot-Arsenal-vs-Newcastle-4-4/)

(bad language don't watch at work etc)

charliepanayi
10-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Actually the Newcastle game didn't annoy me too much for some odd reason. Or indeed the 8-2 at Old Trafford. And I get hacked off all the time with bad results.

The Captain
10-18-2012, 08:35 PM
I've always just assumed that The Captain is exactly the opposite offline to what he is online. So he's an Everton fan and he's a right proper jerk.

You take that back right now! A jerk? Sure. But an Everton fan? This injustice will not stand.

Take care...most.

DK
10-20-2012, 05:02 PM
edin dzeko f.c forever. :heart:

Psychotic
10-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm still pissed that people like Raheem smurfing Sterling get a spot in the squad over Nathan Dyer who is a far better player, plays in the same position, and has scored more goals than Sterling ever will (and he's only 24).1 down, 16 to go. Or 6 to go if you want to only include the Premiership.

Heath
10-20-2012, 05:37 PM

You take that back right now! A jerk? Sure. But an Everton fan? This injustice will not stand.

Sounds like he's getting you mixed up with me, which is even more insulting to you!

Cuchulainn
10-20-2012, 05:41 PM
edin dzeko f.c forever. :heart:

Leme guess. You start supporting City about the time the Shiekhs came but swear you alway loved them just never said anything. amirite?

DK
10-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Well to be fair it was probably more around the same time you decided to support united because of your shame of the state of Irish football and the knowledge you'd never get any glory unless you picked the big guns in England. :)

Cuchulainn
10-20-2012, 06:58 PM
answer the question kid. Your reply makes absolutely no sense.

Psychotic
10-20-2012, 07:08 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/lounge/86635-english-football-thread-2006-2007-season-3.html#post1773184

The Sheikhs took over 2 years later.

Old Manus
10-20-2012, 07:09 PM
http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/captain-kirk-head-tennis.gif

In other news, Raheem Sterling is no longer a concern now that based Pablo and based Michu make me realise there are better things in life than laughing at Lolverpool.

Not many things, mind you.

Psychotic
10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Pay attention to us :(

We're still relevant

WE HAVE HISTORY

COME BACK :whimper:

Cuchulainn
10-20-2012, 07:11 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/lounge/86635-english-football-thread-2006-2007-season-3.html#post1773184

The Sheikhs took over 2 years later.

Fair enough. It would seem we chose to follow our clubs when they were on similar standards. In case you're wondering. Ron Atkinson, Paul McGrath, Norman Whiteside, Remi Moses, Bryan Robson, Jesper Olssen, Colin Gibson, Mark Hughes et al. I was at old trafford in 1986 i think, very oung we played Luton i think we won 3-0. Hughes scored cant remember who else. Oh I remembered Duxberry. I thought he'd look like a Duck...He didnt look like a duck.

Mr DK. I apologise.

Heath
10-20-2012, 07:11 PM
there are better things in life than laughing at Lolverpool.

Blasphemy.

Please feel free to quote this post back to me next weekend when Everton inevitably get stuffed in the derby.

Psychotic
10-20-2012, 07:13 PM
there are better things in life than laughing at Lolverpool.

Blasphemy.

Please feel free to quote this post back to me next weekend when Everton inevitably get stuffed in the derby.Not going to happen. Everton bullied the hell out of Swansea with a high pressing line and I think soundly defeated them in their last two meetings. Liverpool, aka Swansea-lite, are going to play in the same way and take a beating.

Heath
10-20-2012, 07:23 PM
All three games against Liverpool last season I felt you should've been there for the taking and all three were disappointing. I think if Fellaini isn't back your life will be made significantly easier.

Also g'job Norwich. Always had a bit of a soft spot for you.

Cuchulainn
10-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Liverpool always seem to have the edge over Everton. No matter who's in form they usually (noy always but usually) come out on top.

DK
10-20-2012, 07:28 PM
No need for that cuch, I was actually quite pleased that there was an opportunity for shit slinging at each other for once. Usually all of your ammo gets blasted at Paul, and he doesn't like it when you don't give him all your attention in the football thread. I felt special. :aimkiss:

In other news, ahahahahahahha norwich I love you.

Old Manus
10-20-2012, 08:30 PM
There's something about Heath's avatar that makes me think he's Jess whenever I see it out of the corner of my eye.

Crop
10-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Mersyside Derby AND Chelsea v Man Utd and no posts?! Not even any insults?!

Predictions?

1-0 Everton
3-2 Utd

Heath
10-27-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm an Everton season ticket holder and will be attending my first Merseyside derby tomorrow.

My prediction?

6-0 Liverpool.