PDA

View Full Version : Putting one's foot in one's mouth

Jinx
06-26-2012, 09:49 PM

Old Manus
06-26-2012, 09:53 PM
(I'm sure Psychotic has a bunch of these stories.)I'm sure some of them involve "This is our year!".

Psychotic
06-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Not really, I've just come here because this thread is a one-in-a-forum-lifetime opportunity to legitimately post this smiley. :foot:

Sephex
06-26-2012, 09:54 PM
I dropped off my girlfriend and home last night and she said for me to drive safe.

"You too!"

Shorty
06-26-2012, 10:56 PM
"Have a great weekend!" a) when it's in the middle of the week and b) when I'm still going to be seeing that person later on today. I don't know how these things come into my brain.

Bubba
06-26-2012, 11:40 PM
This happened a few months ago at work.

After brief discussion of the film War Horse, I set about impressing my colleagues with my particularly excellent vocal impression of a horse.

I failed to realise that a girl sat a couple of desks down from us recently lost her family horse a couple weeks before. I was told the next day that she cried in the toilet.

Old Manus
06-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Not really, I've just come here because this thread is a one-in-a-forum-lifetime opportunity to legitimately post this smiley. :foot:This is actually the first time I've seen it used outside of a 'why do we have this smilie' context :manus:

Raistlin
06-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Like Rex Ryan, I only put others' feet in my mouth.

Agent Proto
06-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Have a good day, when it's obviously dark outside. Replying thank you back to a thank you. Usually it's that kind of thing. Nothing offensive that I could immediately think of.

Sephex
06-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Like Rex Ryan, I only put others' feet in my mouth.

I knew he was going to be brought up in this thread sooner or later. So I dedicate this song to Rex Ryan:

Led Zeppelin-Trampled Under Foot - YouTube (http://youtu.be/Nsi3eqjY1UY)

Tigmafuzz
06-27-2012, 04:01 AM
I only put other people's feet in my mouth. And even then, only with permission.

fire_of_avalon
06-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Policy to close a time deposit (CD) early without taking away some of your earned interest money as penalty dictates we may only waive the penalty in the death or incapacitation of an account holder or trustee (for trusts.)

A lady called to inquire since she was the successor trustee (because the first one had died) to see if the accounts could be closed without penalty.

"No, the only way those accounts can be closed without a penalty is if you... uh. are incapacitated...."

Later.

"Had your sister already passed away when she opened the account? I mean when the account was opened?"

Jiro
06-27-2012, 06:04 AM
I once said good morning at about 9pm during the middle of a football match. One of the substitutes was warming up while I was the linesman and I felt like the biggest fucking idiot. I could just imagine them thinking "and they let this kid referee our game?"

Tigmafuzz
06-27-2012, 06:54 AM
I once said good morning at about 9pm during the middle of a football match. One of the substitutes was warming up while I was the linesman and I felt like the biggest smurfing idiot. I could just imagine them thinking "and they let this kid referee our game?"

Hey, it's morning somewhere.

Pike
06-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I mess up the "Have a good day"/"have a good night" thing all the time at work.

Rantz
06-28-2012, 07:19 AM
I once said good morning at about 9pm during the middle of a football match. One of the substitutes was warming up while I was the linesman and I felt like the biggest smurfing idiot. I could just imagine them thinking "and they let this kid referee our game?"

I said goodbye as a greeting to the school bus driver once when I got on the bus.

Jiro
06-28-2012, 02:37 PM
That's not ominous at all. I would've been watching you in the rear view mirror the whole time.

I Took the Red Pill
06-28-2012, 02:40 PM
"What's up?"
"Good."

"How's it going?"
"Not much."

Jinx
06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Last night in chat foa gave me mod status. I was randomly kicking people, and randomly kicked Sephex after he'd had a really bad day, but I hadn't been reading chat at all. I felt like a twat.

Sephex
06-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Last night in chat foa gave me mod status. I was randomly kicking people, and randomly kicked Sephex after he'd had a really bad day, but I hadn't been reading chat at all. I felt like a twat.

Then I felt like a twat for reacting to it poorly. I didn't say anything bad, but the fact that I took being kicked in chat seriously made me feel foolish. I should have figured it was a random coincidence.

Alive-Cat
06-28-2012, 06:03 PM
ew

ReloadPsi
06-29-2012, 01:05 AM
I once described a hypothetical situation to a person in which I was supposed to say "if you were somehow incapacitated."

I said "decapitated" instead.

Versaille
06-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I told a guy I worked with to stop PMSing all over my face. I don't think he took it very well. I thought he thought I was insinuating he was a vagina. I probably shouldn't have said it because I didn't know him too well, for all I know he could be a sensitive soul.

Sylvie
06-30-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't regret saying anything. I guess I can tell the story about how I was acting in film material and there was like an 8 year old kid around, and I loudly yelled "BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKED", and the guy next to me said, "there's a kid right there, stupid". The only thing I felt, though, was wanting to smash the guy's head into a tree for talking to me that way. Why should I give a fuck if there's kids around? I didn't invite him.

Old Manus
06-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Hardcore

Sylvie
06-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I know, it was pretty much on fire, and I could hear the blast beat drum machine from a mile away