PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay $5 for a Pretzel with Cheese?

Roogle
06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
I need your honest opinion. Listen to my story. This may be my last chance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcDJGosXNyc

You see, what had happened was...

I wanted to go get a pretzel with cheese before the Legend of Korra season finale. I am a fairly picky eater, and a pretzel with cheese is one of my favorite foods. I had to have one. Unfortunately, I eat a lot, so I wagered I'd likely need at least two pretzels to get my fill. If you listen to the video, it's all true. I ended up paying around $15 for pretzels, cheese, and a drink. How much is too much? I don't think I'm going to buy pretzels with cheese anymore after that debacle.

What are some other things that you think are too expensive?

Miriel
06-26-2012, 11:56 PM
OMG, I feel so discombobulated right now!! WHAT ARE THESE VIDEOS?! Ahhhh!!!

Jinx
06-27-2012, 12:26 AM
"Better be a good fuckin' milkshake for $5."

Carl the Llama
06-27-2012, 01:19 AM
LOL Roo, seems the upgrade for 25 cents wasn't to unreasonable after all, I always go large on my drinks as it always lasts, also $2 is like £1.30? thats the price of a 500ml bottle of drink in England but I just take it as a matter of course, the price is the price as thats what people pay for it.

Sephex
06-27-2012, 01:26 AM
I would have went to a grocery store instead. Lots cheaper for the same food (and more of it)!

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Not trying to troll, but it sounds like you did get scammed according to your take on the situation. You said the prices were too high, and you weren't about to get scammed, yet you paid anyway? :confused:

My point is that it seems even though the prices were high in your opinion, they were also just right. You weren't happy, but paid anyway. I guess as far as a business is concerned, that's right where they want their prices to be for maximum profit.

That's also why I try to avoid the mall, and places like that. The prices are marked up to reflect the cost of overhead due to location.

Agent Proto
06-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Yeah, food is usually overpriced at the malls and similar places. Last year, I went to the ballpark with my brothers and the prices for the food were outrageously expensive. At least I thought so. A cup of beer was 6 dollars.

Shorty
06-27-2012, 02:07 AM
I love this video. Love it. But yes, $5 is too much for a pretzel. $15 is too much for pretzels, cheese and a drink.

Sephex
06-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Yeah, food is usually overpriced at the malls and similar places. Last year, I went to the ballpark with my brothers and the prices for the food were outrageously expensive. At least I thought so. A cup of beer was 6 dollars.

Cheaper than the 7 to 8 dollar beer at any sporting event in Chicago. I am glad I don't like beer. Hell, if I did drink beer, I wouldn't pay for those prices anyway!

escobert
06-27-2012, 03:01 AM
I would have went to a grocery store instead. Lots cheaper for the same food (and more of it)!
this

Roogle
06-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Not trying to troll, but it sounds like you did get scammed according to your take on the situation. You said the prices were too high, and you weren't about to get scammed, yet you paid anyway? :confused:

My point is that it seems even though the prices were high in your opinion, they were also just right. You weren't happy, but paid anyway. I guess as far as a business is concerned, that's right where they want their prices to be for maximum profit.

Oh, no, I didn't get scammed with regards to paying another two dollars for a refill. That is where they missed out, because I gladly would have paid 50 cents or even a dollar for a simple refill.

Besides, it's poor business practice to make the customer uncomfortable with the prices that they don't go there again, which is exactly what I'm going to do: never go there again. Melissa makes better pretzels than those fools, anyway!

fire_of_avalon
06-27-2012, 04:15 AM

That's also why I try to avoid the mall, and places like that. The prices are marked up to reflect the cost of overhead due to location.

Did you leave your sense of humor in the car today?

Roogle you are ridiculous. xD

sharkythesharkdogg
06-27-2012, 04:20 PM

Did you leave your sense of humor in the car today?

Roogle you are ridiculous. xD

No, I made it clear I wasn't trying to be a jerk. :cry: Roogle is fine by me.

I was just making an observation. He believes the refill price was too high, a rip-off, so he didn't pay it. He's also stated that he thought the prices overall were too high, high enough that he won't be going back, but he did pay the first time.

That was what I was saying. The store might have chased off Roogle, but it seems like they have their prices set right about where people don't like the price, but they'll keep coming back for the product they want. Maximum profit. The only redeeming thing about the mall food court is that there is a fair amount of variety in one area.

fire_of_avalon
06-27-2012, 08:30 PM
You're silly. x2

Necronopticous
06-27-2012, 09:51 PM
The dog that makes people beg.

Scotty_ffgamer
06-28-2012, 04:07 AM
Of course prices are different depending on where you go, but the Auntie Anne's where I am at, cheese (and any of the dipping sauces) are $0.75 after tax. Refills on soda were free until recently (now it's $1 I think). We don't have the two pretzels and a drink think (our meals are all just one pretzel product, a dip, and a medium drink). I believe the total for that is 5.73 (give or take a few cents) after tax. The pretzel itself costs 3.13... so 2 pretzels, a cheese, and a drink at my auntie anne's would be around 8.86. Most prices I have seen elsewhere a little more expensive, but not by a enough to add more than a dollar to that price. I thought we were expensive (which is expected in a mall), but that Auntie Anne's is way over priced. I can say that at least where I'm at, you can get the Auntie Anne's at home baking kits at wal-mart or some grocery stores. You can make up to 10 pretzels from the kits I believe, and the kit costs $5 dollars here.

Pike
06-28-2012, 06:03 AM
When Hux visited I think he spent a total of about $100 on pretzels. And that's without cheese. He and the girl at Orange Julius were pretty much on a first-name basis by the end of the second week.

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2012, 06:29 AM
I LOVE soft pretzels with cheese! Though I prefer Auntie Ann's over the frozen ones you can pop in the microwave.