PDA

View Full Version : Famous People

Miss Lady Shelly
06-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Im not sure if this has been brought up yet or not but have you ever met anyone famous?

I have met the band Flaw, Shinya and Toshiya from Dir en Grey, accidently bumped into Bruce Campbell at a comic convention, Brad and Tori from the real world
(They came into the Mcdonalds i work at(i think thats what their names were lol) Saw Nelly at a local bowling alley one night but didnt get a chance to say hi or anything (lot of security that night), and Dwayne Wade (he graduated from my Highschool a few years before i went there but he did come in once for a visit and just happend to walk into my gym class and shook hands with everyone)

How about you?

Hollycat
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Not anyone I would consider famous, just some bands, a few comedians, and a few others.

I am however related to some famous people.

Shiny
06-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Pretty boss that you got to meet Shinya and Toshiya. I've only seem them in concert. And Bruce Campbell is a blunt, funny guy. My friend met him at NY Comic Con a few years back. He was doing a panel for something.

I've seen various celebrities, but I assume you mean met as in actually talk to? In that case only three. Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and Josh Brolin who was a bro so fitting name.

EDIT: Actually spoke to more...Amy Sedaris, Shane Dawson, Queen Latifah, and Allen Hughes.

Sephex
06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Ernie Hudson at a comic con before. Nice, relaxed guy. I also had Edward Furlong (John Connor from Terminator 2) begrudgingly shake my hand when I caught him outside smoking at a different comic con.

I almost met Marilyn Manson for a book singing, but the event closed before I could make it up to him in line. However, my dad was present, knew I was going to get screwed out of meeting him, and got the man to sign a book for me anyway (and personalize it, which was against the rules)!

On a less famous scale, I met both Mike and Jay from Red Letter Media (the guys behind the Plinkett Star Wars: Phantom Menace reviews). A friend of mine who was with me had their interest a bit because he told the RLM guys that he used to work with Rich Evans (the guy who plays the "other Plinkett" in the Half in the Bag series) at a grocery store.

Also, another friend of mine met the Nostalgia Critic while working at a Starbucks. The Critic lives just north of where I live, so I knew it was a matter of time before me or someone else I knew would run into that guy!

I think that about covers it for me!

Bubba
06-27-2012, 08:16 PM
I almost met Marilyn Manson for a book singing

He sang the entire book?!

Never really been in to Marilyn Manson but that's impressive!

Miss Lady Shelly
06-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Pretty boss that you got to meet Shinya and Toshiya. I've only seem them in concert. And Bruce Campbell is a blunt, funny guy. My friend met him at NY Comic Con a few years back. He was doing a panel for something.

I've seen various celebrities, but I assume you mean met as in actually talk to? In that case only three. Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, and Josh Brolin who was a bro so fitting name.

EDIT: Actually spoke to more...Amy Sedaris, Shane Dawson, Queen Latifah, and Allen Hughes.

Dir en Grey had a cd signing at one of their concerts thats how that one happend they spoke good english but with a very heavy accent of course they also were very nice.

lol when i told people about the Bruce thing they said you should have asked him to see his boom stick lol that would have been funny.

Hollycat
06-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I take it back, I did meet Rick Perry once, but it was a walk by shake hands thing.

Bubba
06-27-2012, 08:54 PM
My Dad was the voice of Uncle Bulgaria in the hit UK BBC children's TV series 'The Wombles'.

Rocket Edge
06-28-2012, 12:20 AM
I shook Bruce Springsteen's hand before. My sister had a drink with Bono, the lucky girl.

fire_of_avalon
06-28-2012, 01:20 AM
I've met Claudio Sanchez and Travis Stever of Coheed and Cambria. They're famous to me. Otherwise, nobody I knew of.

NorthernChaosGod
06-28-2012, 01:44 AM
I've met Rise Against, All Shall Perish, and Between the Buried and Me at meet and greets. I've met Tucker Max (http://www.tuckermax.com/) at the premiere of his movie, and I've met Maddox (http://maddox.xmission.com/) at a book signing and again at Comic-Con. I met Wilmer Valderrama and Jeremy Piven at Comic-Con.

Sephex
06-28-2012, 02:04 AM
I almost met Marilyn Manson for a book singing

He sang the entire book?!

Never really been in to Marilyn Manson but that's impressive!

That's what I get for typing that at work at the tail end of break in a rush! I am going to leave the typo because it is funny.

Bunny
06-28-2012, 02:20 AM
I briefly met Bill Burr after a comedy show while I was in LA. He spent a good portion of his routine making fun of one of the people I was with (for good reason). Afterwards we chatted for a bit and I shook his hand.

Pretty nice guy for an angry comedian.

Shorty
06-28-2012, 02:59 AM
I've met Anne Rice, Adam 12 from She Wants Revenge a couple of times and Voltaire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaire_(musician)) several times. I've never just accidentally bumped into a celebrity or anything before, though.

Pike
06-28-2012, 03:13 AM
When I was a little kid I met George Takei. Also Margot Kidder went through my checkout line once when I was working at Target back in the day. As did James Horner, actually.

I've "seen" quite a few actors but never talked to them. Dennis Quaid, Michael Keaton, and Bill Pullman come to mind.

Del Murder
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I saw Quinten Tarantino at the New Orleans airport last fall, but I noticed just as a I passed through security so I couldn't go say something to him. That was actually the second time I saw him in public. The first was in Reno, Nevada.

I also met The Rock, Kurt Angle, and many other WWE wrestlers at the Wrestlemania 2000 fanfest. Some of the more popular ones were just a quick autograph and a hello, but for guys like Mabel we were able to chat him up for a while.