PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Stuff Out

Pike
06-28-2012, 06:12 AM
What type of clothing do you wear through the quickest?

I think I'm a tossup between socks and pants. I don't know what it is about myself and pants but I will put holes all over a brand new pair in like a month. My socks are similarly disaster-prone.

How about you?

Jinx
06-28-2012, 06:15 AM
I've had the same pair of sweats for 3 years. They have massive tears and hole. They are the most comfortable pants I own.

Freya
06-28-2012, 06:40 AM
Jeans. I have these thighs that wont quit and they wear away jeans and make holes. Might help if I didn't wear the same like 3 pairs of jeans every week.

Jiro
06-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Socks and jocks, far and away.

Slothy
06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
I have these thighs that wont quit

Yeah baby!

Er, I mean, me too. Definitely pants. I've learned over the years that dress pants are not made to last at all, and they cost an arm and a leg. Fuck dress codes.

Sephex
06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Probably socks.

Alpha2099
06-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Socks and shoes. Especially shoes. My left one always gets a hole worn in wear the big toe is.

Jinx
06-28-2012, 04:39 PM
I was afraid I was wearing Dak out, but he's like, "No, keep going."

Shorty
06-28-2012, 06:30 PM
I can't ever seem to find slacks or jeans that are short/long enough for me, so they always drag a little bit on the ground and get worn/torn that way. It's a huge pain in the ass.

Tigmafuzz
06-28-2012, 06:31 PM
How do you people wear out your clothes? I've had almost the exact same wardrobe for about two years and nothing is even close to being torn. And this is coming from a guy who goes freerunning every Saturday. The only thing wrong with any of my clothes is that some of my pants are slightly frayed at the bottom.

I was afraid I was wearing Dak out, but he's like, "No, keep going."

Careful, he doesn't know his own limit. But that's mostly because he's never found a woman that could keep up.

Rantz
06-28-2012, 07:35 PM
I wear out pajama pants, I guess, cause I wear them at home all the time. The fabric is pretty fragile and I'm not exactly careful about them.

Lately my jeans have started tearing when I bend down. They must all be shrinking simultaneously >:O

Shorty
06-28-2012, 07:37 PM
They must all be shrinking simultaneously >:O

Yeah, I'm sure that's what's causing it n_n

sharkythesharkdogg
06-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I wear through socks quite quickly. I also have on leg that is a little shorter than the other. So I walk in circles. More annoyingly one pant leg drags a little more than the other, so it frays and drags in puddles. Bothersome.

Freya
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
I can't ever seem to find slacks or jeans that are short/long enough for me, so they always drag a little bit on the ground and get worn/torn that way. It's a huge pain in the ass.
Oh man I have that problem too! The regular cut are too long and the short are too short! So you end up going with the longer one and then it tears cause you're always stepping on it. Stupid pants.

Agent Proto
06-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Usually the socks are the first to go out, but lately some of my pants have been wearing out due to being too loose on me. Most of my pants are too big for me so I have to wear a belt to prevent them from falling. This is the cost of having lost so much when I started wearing them. (Most of them I've had since high school when I weighed about 200 lbs. (I'm now 150 lbs)

Jinx
06-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Usually the socks are the first to go out, but lately some of my pants have been wearing out due to being too loose on me. Most of my pants are too big for me so I have to wear a belt to prevent them from falling. This is the cost of having lost so much when I started wearing them. (Most of them I've had since high school when I weighed about 200 lbs. (I'm now 150 lbs)

Yeah, I'm sure it's because they're too big for you, and not because you've had them since HIGH SCHOOL.

Bubba
06-28-2012, 10:35 PM
The right elbow on all my work shirts wear out quickest due to excessive mouse usage.

Tigmafuzz
06-28-2012, 10:46 PM
The right elbow on all my work shirts wear out quickest due to excessive mouse usage.

You use your elbow to work the mouse? That is an amazing talent.

Bubba
06-28-2012, 11:10 PM

You use your elbow to work the mouse? That is an amazing talent.

Of course! I need my right hand to wave at the hot new temps as they walk past.

Shorty
06-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Oh man I have that problem too! The regular cut are too long and the short are too short! So you end up going with the longer one and then it tears cause you're always stepping on it. Stupid pants.

I know, right?! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Faris
06-29-2012, 01:13 AM
I haven't been able to wear out any of my clothes since I've had to constantly buy new ones due to weight loss (it's not a bad thing, I know). The only thing I've worn out recently are socks and a few shirts. Used to be jeans that always got holes in them from dragging on the ground.

Jinx
06-29-2012, 01:46 AM

You aren't. Srsly.

Shiny
06-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Black shirts and white shirts. :monster:

~*~Celes~*~
06-29-2012, 06:11 AM
pants because my thighs rub together too :( also underwear, i tend to buy cheap undies so they wear out easy, but they're so cute! and relatively affordable :jess:

Slothy
06-29-2012, 12:22 PM

You aren't. Srsly.

I actually have this problem because I don't wear regular shoes anymore. Since I wear Vibram Five Fingers 95% of the time the cuffs of my jeans scrape against the ground. I don't mind it too much though. Although it does mean that when I wear them to and from work and change my shoes when I get there I have to roll up the legs of my khaki's and dress pants.

fire_of_avalon
06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
I get a hole in the inner right thigh of my jeans after about 2 years of wear, usually. Then I cut the legs out and yay shorts!

escobert
06-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Shoes without a doubt. or.. uhh.. everything? I'm horrible at taking care of things. Stuff is meant to be used!

edczxcvbnm
06-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Dockers Style pants. The cuffs on those things die super fast on me. Thankfully I now work at a place where I can wear the superior fabric known as Denim. That stuff is awesome. If it were not for those pants then it might be socks. Clothes last a really long time for me in general though. I still wear many of the shirts I wore 15 years ago. They are older and a bit ratty but like an old chair, I have worked it into a very comfortable feel =D

Freya
06-29-2012, 09:29 PM
OH OH! Bras! I have like super boobs or something. I don't buy cheap ones either! Somehow I manage to break them though, the strap starts fraying, the little plastic/metal connection thing breaks or whatever. And they are the right sizes and everything! It's always at the worst times too. One time in highschool, two days in a row, I broke two bras and one was brand new! Damn super boobs.

Boobs.

Jinx
06-29-2012, 09:48 PM
OH OH! Bras! I have like super boobs or something. I don't buy cheap ones either! Somehow I manage to break them though, the strap starts fraying, the little plastic/metal connection thing breaks or whatever. And they are the right sizes and everything! It's always at the worst times too. One time in highschool, two days in a row, I broke two bras and one was brand new! Damn super boobs.

Boobs.

Maybe you should buy the cheaper ones, so when they do break, you don't care as much.

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2012, 09:51 PM

Boobs.

Maybe that's God telling you to let them be free.

Shorty
06-29-2012, 09:52 PM
So when your underwear wears out is that god telling you to freestyle it?

Slothy
06-29-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't need a god to tell me to let my junk hang free.

Sephex
06-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't need a god to tell me to let my junk hang free.

This really should be on a T-shirt or something.

EDIT: A worn out T-shirt.

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2012, 10:31 PM

Yes, but also what Vivi said.

Shorty
06-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Well, that is not at all the response I was anticipating.

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Were you expecting a picture of my junk or something?

Shorty
06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
If you're asking that in hopes of me saying yes, you have another thing coming.

krissy
06-29-2012, 10:39 PM
i have destroyed so many headphones over the years

Cuchulainn
06-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Tee & jeans. If its cold i add hoody if its warm I wear knee length combat fatigue shorts. I consider all other clothing a needless extravagance.

Agent Proto
06-29-2012, 11:10 PM

Switch to boxers.

NorthernChaosGod
06-30-2012, 12:04 AM
I actually just wanted to make you think about my junk while finding out what exactly you expected. :bigsmile:

Sephex
06-30-2012, 12:30 AM
I actually just wanted to make you think about my junk while finding out what exactly you expected. :bigsmile:

By that logic, everyone is thinking of your junk. Are you prepared for that? ;)

Jinx
06-30-2012, 12:33 AM

I guarantee you it thrills him, and he's fapping right now.

I'm thinking of Jule's privates right now, and lemme tell you, they aren't junk. ;D

Quindiana Jones
06-30-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm pretty rough on boxers. Their owners don't like that.

fire_of_avalon
06-30-2012, 03:17 AM
Why are we talking about Julian's genitals? Ugh. You people.

Slothy
06-30-2012, 03:36 AM
Would you prefer we talk about yours?

Freya
06-30-2012, 03:37 AM
I for one prefer Foa's Genitals over Julian's. For the record.

Slothy
06-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Who doesn't?

Sephex
06-30-2012, 03:59 AM
I for one prefer Foa's Genitals over Julian's. For the record.

Agent Proto
06-30-2012, 04:13 AM
My junk has what Julian's doesn't. A Ciddie. (http://home.eyesonff.com/eoff-archived-awards/135538-ciddies-revelations-end-year-2010-a.html)

Note: I was Blues Agent at the time.

Jinx
06-30-2012, 04:14 AM
Aw, c'mon guys! Julian's genitals aren't that bad!

Foa's are glorious, however.

Jiro
06-30-2012, 06:32 AM
I would like to add shoes to my initial post. I tend to go through quite a number of shoes. My runners and track shoes obviously see a lot of wear and tear, so there's that. I have gone through quite a number of kicks through general use coupled with dancing. The only shoes that I have yet to need replacements for are my dress shoes but that's because I generally just wear kicks anyway.

NorthernChaosGod
06-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Quite. /smug

I'm thinking of Jule's privates right now, and lemme tell you, they aren't junk. ;D
I had a great fap over that.

And you're too kind, Sam. :aimkiss:

The rest of you can die in a fire.

Sephex
06-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Quite. /smug

A sexy fire?

Tigmafuzz
06-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Quite. /smug

Not until I have a chance to compare your genitals and foa's.

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2012, 01:44 AM
A sexy fire?
Well it's definitely going to be hot.

The only way this can proceed is if we all meet up and get plastered.

Tigmafuzz
07-01-2012, 01:50 AM

The only way this can proceed is if we all meet up and get plastered.[/QUOTE]

I can cover the getting plastered :monster:

ReloadPsi
07-03-2012, 02:44 AM
Skate shoes last me three or four months each, whereas any pair of trainers will last me a couple years at least despite the fact that I'll run in them and, given that where I used to run was a path through some marshland, used to get them wet fairly often too. Oddly I prefer to wear the former. Go figure.

I also wear through joypads very quickly because I have anger management issues.

chionos
07-03-2012, 05:20 AM
I go through hats pretty quickly for some reason. I hate old socks, so I buy news ones fairly regularly, even if they're not really "worn out." Being forced to wear socks that have been stretched out is probably my worst fear.

Miss Lady Shelly
07-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Socks, Pants and shoes.

Pike
07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Last night I had a dream that my only pair of pants got all ripped up and ugh that dream trolled me hard. Because yes I'm down to one pair; that's how much I wear them out and also how much I don't care about buying clothes.

Jinx
07-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Last night I had a dream that my only pair of pants got all ripped up and ugh that dream trolled me hard. Because yes I'm down to one pair; that's how much I wear them out and also how much I don't care about buying clothes.

How do you wear pants out like that?

Sephex
07-03-2012, 09:51 PM

How do you wear pants out like that?

Well, Pike regularly pretends she is Sonic the Hedgehog and tries to run as fast as the Sega mascot. So far her record is a mere 412mph.

Pike
07-04-2012, 12:23 AM
90% because of what Sephex said, and 10% because I only ever had like three pairs of pants to begin with, so when two of them go it leaves me with one.

Sephex
07-04-2012, 01:56 AM
90% because of what Sephex said, and 10% because I only ever had like three pairs of pants to begin with, so when two of them go it leaves me with one.

Liar. You trained to run as fast as Sonic by wearing all three pairs at once for speed resistance training!

Jinx
07-04-2012, 03:29 AM

If all you ever wear is black pants, then when you go shopping and find a pair you like, buy like, a week's worth of those pants.

KentaRawr!
07-04-2012, 04:13 AM
Socks. My socks die quite easily.

Pike
07-04-2012, 05:23 AM

If all you ever wear is black pants, then when you go shopping and find a pair you like, buy like, a week's worth of those pants.

But then I'd have to break into the special bank account I have set up for games!

NorthernChaosGod
07-04-2012, 09:42 AM
You need more than one pair of pants, Pike!

Jiro
07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Not really. Pants are optional. Pants are always optional.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM

Duuuuuude. Do you know how long MILF has been sneaking over in the night and cutting holes in her pants? He only has one pair left to go. One pair, then it's 24/7 pantless Pike. Don't take that away from him.

Pike
07-04-2012, 02:05 PM
And then sharky comes in and explains the truth in one fell swoop!

Sephex
07-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Not really. Pants are optional. Pants are always optional.

Jiro, the boners you give me are like your native boomerang. I try to throw my urges away, but when you type stuff like that they just keep coming back.

On topic: My work shirts often get a bunch of small holes near the front bottom of them. This is probably because of the heated, greasy shop environment. Not that I get all greasy, but handing parts made of sheet metal as I inspect them still damages clothing pretty easily.

Tigmafuzz
07-04-2012, 07:38 PM

I disagree with this. I lived with one pair of pants for over a year.

NorthernChaosGod
07-04-2012, 08:09 PM
You people make me sick.

Tigmafuzz
07-04-2012, 08:27 PM
You people make me sick.

I didn't exactly have a choice.

NorthernChaosGod
07-04-2012, 09:11 PM
I know, it doesn't change things. :colbert: