PDA

View Full Version : You know you've been playing too much FFX when...

Tidus Andronicus
01-31-2002, 05:24 PM
You give the Blitzball Victory salute to people and say "Praise be to Yevon" when something good happens.

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
01-31-2002, 09:31 PM
you become another Wakka and put "Ya?" at the end of everything you say.

You poke someone who looks tired with a stick and try to "send" them to the Farplane because they look like the undead.

Name your football team the "Zanarkand Abes" or "Besaid Aurochs".

more when I have the time, and when I can think of them :tongue:

Tidus Andronicus
01-31-2002, 10:16 PM
...you can speak in Al Bhed fluently.

...you sing "Hymn of the Fayth" in the shower.

...you play Soccer and/or Team Handball and try to perform the Jecht Shot.

...you pray for an Aeon at your local church, then try to summon it.

...you see a car and say "That machina is forbidden!"

:tongue::roll::laugh::roll::tongue:

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-31-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by One Winged Angel
you become another Wakka and put "Ya?" at the end of everything you say.Uh oh.

Energy
02-01-2002, 06:24 AM
ok seriously -

I walked up to my friends in physics and wore my snowboarding North Face jacket zipped up all the way so that you couldn't see my mouth, and uttered a couple Auron quotes. They laughed realizing that only Final Fantasy X players would have any clue what it was about, and that it was so incredibly stupid. I still laugh at myself for that one.

Rinoa Heartilly
02-06-2002, 01:52 PM
...when you take a broom with you to the sea and try walking on the water while waving madly with your "summoner's broom" ...

really this isn't funny...at least...the life guards didn't think so o.O

Zyne
02-06-2002, 08:47 PM
when you take a volley ball into your pool and go to the deep side to try to play Blitzball but you forget that you float, can't see to well under water, and that you real people can't breath under water. So to go even further you take a belt and tie rocks to it with string to stay down, get some goggles, and spend your allowance for the year on scuba gear.
A little extreme, Ya.....? uhoh:tongue:

Tidus Andronicus
02-07-2002, 12:48 AM
you pick a girl up and have blizball tickets, take her for a ride on the shoopuf, and then top the evening off by taking her wire sledding down your airship ancors.

Dee
02-07-2002, 03:04 AM
You tore out an ad of FFX from a gaming mag from your school library.

You made an entire oratory over it for an upcoming speech tournament.

You took that ad you tore out and plastered it on your binder.

(I did all those. ><)

02-07-2002, 06:39 PM
when you... make a thread about this very topic ;)

battuosai2002
02-07-2002, 06:40 PM
breaking 99 hours was when i stopped playing (after buying it and playing it nonstop for the first week) ya?

merizabeth
02-08-2002, 05:22 AM
:cool: you know the amount of gil to bribe fiends off the top of your head

:rolleyes2 when you realize Wakka is horrible at blitzball

:D when 99999 doesn't seem like enough damage anymore

:eek: when you actually dodge lightning 200 times in succession

:mog: when you begin to wonder why fashion designers don't make a FFX line

:mad: when you start thinking that maybe you've been playing too much

;)

This is my fist time here guys, shower me with love and make me giggle!

merizabeth

the holy meteor
02-09-2002, 02:24 AM
You wanna ride elephants across the water as if they were shoopufs

You get contact lenses; one is green for your right eye, and the other is blue for your left eye.

In a soccer game you knock away two opposing players, then spin around and around and around, and kick the ball to the goal, provided that you had the physics to do it on land and not on water and all. (Jecht Shot, anyone?) :p

Kawaii Ryûkishi
02-09-2002, 04:05 AM
You know you've been playing too much FFX when you can tell from the position the "camera" what enemies you're going to fight before they actually materialize on the battlefield.

*dies*

allkaiser
02-09-2002, 06:14 AM
I hum the Hymn of the Fayth all of the time....

You start hating your father because you think it's cool.

You cry all of the time because you think it's cool.

You run away from home and say your father died at sea ten years ago because you think it's cool.

Tidus Andronicus
02-09-2002, 11:37 PM
you start capturing animals that you find in your backyard and think you can fight them in your own monster arena.

allkaiser
02-10-2002, 10:46 PM
You can breathe underwater.

You create a creature capable of destroying the planet out of a cat, a dog, a wild bird, a few insects, and some grass.

You play FF7, and wonder why Bahamut Zero can only do 9999 damage.

H00KUp
02-11-2002, 04:17 AM
You actually attack someone with a real sword and wonder why your not seeing how much damage your doing...

Your work has fired you beacuse you called in being late too many times beacuse your at a boss fight...

You take vacation time to play this game...

Every time you kill a bug with your shoe you say, "Now that's how it's done."...

You make replies to this threed...

RPGmaniac
02-11-2002, 07:53 PM
When you use a stuffed doll as a weapon.

Sheik
02-16-2002, 05:48 AM
besides speaking fluent al bhed,
you dye your hair blonde and get spiral like green contacts!:p
(a little too much, don't you think?:D )
And you hum the victory fanfare after finishing a test just like after defeating a boss!

allkaiser
02-16-2002, 06:57 AM
You carry a basketball for self defense.

You are able to sucessfully perform the Jecht shot.

You actually have the best weapons for everyone (two shy!).

Your party is stronger than the Magus Sisters.

You dream that you go on a date with Yuna (no, this didn't happen to me).

Dee
02-17-2002, 01:05 AM
You think Yuna looks better in her wedding dress.

You memorized a few tunes on the piano. (Particulary To Zanarkand and Path of Repetance).

You actually begin to like Tidus's pants.

You actually begin to like Tidus.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
02-17-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Dee
You think Yuna looks better in her wedding dress.

You actually begin to like Tidus's pants.

You actually begin to like Tidus. Aww yeeah.

Ryan
02-18-2002, 07:20 PM
You know you've been playing too much FFX when you can tell from the position the "camera" what enemies you're going to fight before they actually materialize on the battlefield.

Noooooooo!!!!!

Alright, alright, I do that. Does that make me a bad person?

Thunder God Cid
02-18-2002, 09:59 PM
.... when you get twice the ammout of money from allowances that your friends and you say your basketball has gillionaire on it.

.... have 99 ledgendary pens, pencils, calculators, binders and folders.

.... when your PS2 explodes ><

Killy
02-19-2002, 12:41 AM
You would like to have the game so much you post here...

CoNfUsEd AnD lOsT
02-19-2002, 12:45 AM
1.when you try to put water in a knife

2.you try to light a basketball on fire

3.you perform the sphere shot in handball

4.you perform the jecht shot in soccer and wipe out a defender and the goalie

5.you perform the jecht shot in basketball and knock out two players on the other team

6.you write to the IOC telling them to make blitzball a summer olympic sport

7. you perform #6 40 times

8. you're a modern day wakka and your friend (blonde) starts throwing rocks at a jellyfish and you say "leave that one to Lu"

9. you make a cactuar doll and you try to see an animal's weakness... (catuar scope)

10. you fuse knives and hourglasses trying to slow animals down when you hit them.

11. you write this many things in a row about "you know you've played FFX too much when..."

allkaiser
02-19-2002, 01:03 AM
If you performed the Jecht shot in soccer, wouldn't you get a penalty for using your hands?

#12: You disect things people say in this thread to see what is wrong with them.

CoNfUsEd AnD lOsT
02-19-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by allkaiser
If you performed the Jecht shot in soccer, wouldn't you get a penalty for using your hands?

#12: You disect things people say in this thread to see what is wrong with them.

use your feet instead. for instance, first hit: kick it; second hit: jump and thrust kick it. 3rd: you know...

you convince your GF that tidus is hip. then dress like him. ;)

you convince your best friend that Lulu has bigger b00bs than any woman he'll ever meet. :rolleyes2

you wonder how the al bhed got swirly eyes w/ out contacts and why yuna doesn't have a swirly eye or semi-swirly eyes :confused:

you dress up for halloween as one of the chars. :D

you dress like Tidus Wakka or Auron every day (Rikku Lulu or Yuna for girls) :D

you are wakka. :eek:

you get your cat to stand up and you start dressing him/her like kimarhi. :joker:

you make metal sheeting pants. :)

you realise that Mohamad Ghandi and Yu Yevon are both a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis. :eep:

you post here with only one post in between your posts. :rolleyes2

you go to the outback to find dingos to lvl up on :confused:

you say that you made up too many and then make up more in your next post :D

Thunder God Cid
02-19-2002, 02:57 AM
You know you've been playing too much FFX when...

.... you dont bathe, eat, or sleep during the weekend.

OFF topic: my sister asked me ta get off the computer so she can check her spam mail. she gets like 2372389423 junk/ ad mail a day and reads them all, she is on for like 17 hours checking. so when she asked i yelled out WITCH and she is like im gonna f***ing kill you! then she runs away. she was real close to me and she was smelly. so now her name will be smelly or sir smells alot! just to let you know. i had to tell someone!

Sephex
02-21-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by CoNfUsEd AnD lOsT

you convince your GF that tidus is hip. then dress like him. ;)

I am playing the game in front of my girlfriend(I beat it and now she is making me go through it for her) and she actaully said it would be cool if I dressed as Tidus.

the holy meteor
02-22-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by allkaiser
If the ball was able to float or you felt like doing it during a game or if you're playing it for fun only.....

Lung Tai Yang
02-22-2002, 06:46 PM
....If you wear an aluminum foil hat, stand in an open plain, and try to dodge lightning 200 consecutive times (or even twice).

...If you take a water jug, write a little kanji on it, and carry it by your waist ala Sir Auron.

...You named your dog Daigoro, after Yojinbou's pet (I did)

...You throw a dodgeball at your girlfriend, hoping that the "Silent Strike" would work and shut her ass up (I haven't tried this, but sounds interesting)

Redefiner
02-23-2002, 12:12 AM
...you spend over 30 hours capturing every CGI cutscene, every Overdrive, every Spell, and the entire ending, then edit it to the music of Incubus' "Nice To Know You" and send it to every Final Fantasy X/Incubus fan you know of.

...you tell everyone on the Eyes on Final Fantasy Board that this certain Final Fantasy X video is available for their viewing pleasure by emailing me at pixel415@hotmail.com and waiting a day or more for a reply with an attached Windows Media or Quicktime version of said video.

...you continue to play Final Fantasy X even after performing all the acts within this topic, sending your playtime to well over 250 hours.

Tidus Andronicus
02-23-2002, 01:30 AM
You know you've played too much FFX when you fully memorize every Cloister of Trials.:greenie:

merizabeth
02-27-2002, 06:59 PM
You fall asleep in the middle of a battle.

I do this on a regular basis, and I think it's a sign...

the holy meteor
02-28-2002, 03:08 AM
You know you play FFX too much when you buy FFX jewelry such as Tidus's and Yuna's necklace on the internet,

when yer clock reads three times as much as your clock on your next-most-played FF game,

You become a Yevon follower (not possible after knowing the storyline but could happen),

You go to the cemetery/funeral/whatever and you call the dead ones "fayth",

You made a shrine to one of the characters

You rave about FFX wherever you go (ie. at a store talking to a cashier, your friends, etc)

ih8ualot
03-09-2002, 01:06 AM
...at your church during a candlelight vigil, you run around the church moving one candle to a recession in the church wall expecting for the wall to blow up.

...you "accidently" blow up the highway.

...you electrically shock your toy crane expecting it to pick up insects and drop them upside down by itself.

...you wonder why the heck you're reading this crap instead of playing the game.

Lancer
03-09-2002, 01:30 AM
...when you try to ride a rooster like a chocobo

...when you try to learn black magic to be like lulu

...when your pet dies and u go around the world trying to find a phoenix down...

...when you unconsiously hum the battle tune when yer doing yer homework

...when u try to download every single FFX song there is

...when u see someone doing a bycicle kick during a live soccer game you yell "HE DID A SPHERE SHOT!"

...when you threaten yer little brother/sister to stop or you'll use Ultima while holding a stuffed animal...

Eternal Snow
03-13-2002, 04:55 PM
you look urself in the mirror and claim that you look like tidus/yuna.... then your g/f looks like yuna or your b/f looks like tidus.... and that guy next door who shows off his "wonderful" chest and belly looks like seymour.... and finally, you smash the shining crystal ball on display in the mall shouting "to hell wif Yu Yevon!!!" :p

and umm,
...when your pet dies and u go around the world trying to find a phoenix down...

just reminding you, phoenix down = cures KO (knock out), not death...

Vampire_Sephiroth
03-13-2002, 08:07 PM
when you attack your moms biggest house plant with a butter knife thinking that it was Lord Ochu

when you think your girlfriend is Lulu and start to compliment on her large boobs:D

when you try to use lancet on your frying pan because it burned you:mad: THAT HURT!

ih8ualot
03-14-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Yunie

just reminding you, phoenix down = cures KO (knock out), not death...

...when you actually remind them of this mistake:D

Mahal Kita
03-15-2002, 01:09 AM
You go around the world, trying to find a "Home" or Bikanel island...

You go around the world, saying that you are on a pilgrimage...

You think your glove has a "gillionare" ability and start beating up your pets...

When you're walking home from school you shout out to people in cars that they are using forbidden machina...

While being in a church, you try to wander behind all the things in front, thinking that there is a cloister of trials beyond...

Whenever you go to the coast, you try to walk and dance on the water...

You think people should know you bcause your father was a high summoner...

You change your voice to sound like someone from FFX...

Whenever you go to a cavern underground, you say to the tourists,"Where are you traitor Omega!?"

Whenever there's a storm near the sea, you say it's because of Sin...

You try to convince the zoo that the Tigers are actually Coeurl...

Whenever your siblings get a cut or bruise you try to preform a healing spell...

You go to a Drug Store asking where their Hi-Potions are...

You think your parents are fiends and bribe them to go away...

You try to do Esuna on your ill friends...

You start considering sending your elders to the Farplane...

Ryan
03-15-2002, 11:11 PM
You know that you have been playing FFX too long when you sprout the wings of a bat and squack like a zombified bird while whistling "Row row row your boat" through a car wash. (I came close to doing this, but through fast medical action, it was averted<sigh of releif>)

Or when you think you understand the purpose behind everything that happens in the game's ending.

quistisgirl
03-21-2002, 01:23 AM
when you dream of Tidus in Zanarkand..

when you perform the "prayer" when you see someone.

when you take the mog stuffed animal and dress up as Lulu..

Vampire_Sephiroth
06-04-2002, 07:54 PM
when you think your GF is lulu

~*BedaZZled Wicca*~
06-04-2002, 08:29 PM
When you don't revise and are going to fail your Accounts Higher tomorrow and when you're mum threatens to *gasp* take it away:(

LiNaKie
06-04-2002, 10:10 PM
about yuna's eyes, maybe she has one green eye because she is part al-bhed?

k how about these?

1. when you begin to pause at the most in-appropriate times whilst speaking.

2.When you think your lips aren't in sync with your words.

3. When you break your arm then insist to the hospital staff you'll use your jacket.

3. When you accidently call a seaside resort in the phillipines Killika.

4. When you try and find the name of Seymors stylist.

5. When you get terrified everytime a nautre program shows a humpback whale.

6.Wonder when spinning a basketball on your fingers, why it doesn't get faster on its own?

7. When you think a dress like Lulu's could actually hold anything in. (sisters own thought)

8. When in a bar brawl you think 'hmm, I reckon I could do about 5460 damage on him'

9. So you go and start a fight and expect that person to wait for their turn.

can't think of anymore, hmmm :mad:

Tidus Andronicus
06-04-2002, 10:53 PM
When you and your freinds go to Acen dressed like Tidus, Yuna, Auron, and Lulu, and it actually looks like the characters.:rolleyes2

I didn't get to go to Acen this year, but my friend brought back pictures of a perfect group of FFX characters, espesially the Lulu and Auron they both did their winning poses for the pictures.:eek::cry::whoa: Next year I AM going.:mad: Stupid money problems, now I have to get a job.

Prometheus
06-04-2002, 10:53 PM
When you walk around with one arm resting inside your jacket pretending to be Auron. When you get pissed, you throw off one sleeve and act real badass.

No, this has never happened!! :p

*runs*

EDIT: When you just happen to post at the same time as someone else.

Black Waltz No3
06-04-2002, 11:33 PM

You travel round your town asking to see everyone's 'Stats', techniques, and whether they would like to be a part of your underwater soccer game...

You pry a Ruby from your mum's ring and throw it at an animal (fiend) expecting it to burst into flames 5 times...

You get your best friend to dress up in tight, green shorts and 'accidently' drop some money and ask her to bend down and pick it up...

You walk around your town with a football, and every time you see a bird/dog/person, boot it at them as hard as possible shouting 'booya!'

At morning Prayer you sing 'Hyhm of Fayth' rather then 'Lord is My Shepard'.

You kick your soccer ball directly towards the goal keeping hoping that the 70% chance he'll fall asleep pays off...

You may a pact with your friend about learning to speak Al Bhed in real life. (I'm doing this. :p)

You think your father is a beached whale.

You get exited whenever you see Lulu about to cast 'Fire'.

You run around your kitchen opening cupboards and drinking the 'potions' found within.

When you refer to your dad as 'my old man' constantly.

When you refer to yourself in the first person constantly.

"Lulu got big breasts, Black Waltz happy. Lulu not fall out of top, Black Waltz sad..."

You speak in an emotionless monotone...

You have a deep mistrust of anyone with blue hair.

You go off and live on a desert island away from technology to 'atone for the past mistakes', then promptly whinge about 'the teachings' at every opertunity.

Tidus Andronicus
06-04-2002, 11:51 PM
You get banned from some church in Mexico because they caught you seaching through every closet for the cloister of trials because it bares a remarkable resemblance to the temple of Beside.:rolleyes:

I have a friend that did something very simmilar to this.

bki
06-05-2002, 09:15 PM
when you go to your local swimming pool and ask the lifeguard if you can borrow a blitzball to play with.

when you dye your hair red and use 50 tons of gel on your hair and say"I'm Wakka, coach and captain of the Besaid Aurochs, Brudda"

climb up mt.everest and say"listen to my story, this may be our last chance"and expect to be wooshed up to some grand city.

when you actually learn all the dance steps of the "sending"

when you ask your games teacher if you can play blitzball.(i actually tried this and she just stared at me!^^)

when(in your game)you go to a temple you pause the game and do the prayer thing.(i feel like doing that for no reason!*goes to pray*)

when you ask the doctor/nurse why they don't use phoenix downs to heal people who are k.o'd.

nanakixiii
06-08-2002, 03:56 AM

-You have those 'spirits' flying everywhere from you when you are hurt/dead.

Lightning_Demon
06-08-2002, 05:14 PM
You think you can do cool overdrives like Dragon Fang.

Maxico
06-08-2002, 05:27 PM
you go to a church steal a ruby explaining its a destrution sphere. put it in a stand for a bible and push it onto a mark on the floor hoping for the wall to explode revaling tresure.

you do this and it works

you go to a farm steal a chickin then trie to ride it by the seaside covered in bird food while your freinds throw basket balls at you.

you try to catch a animal with a nife or by throwing a ball at it.

you make a sphere grid then you go around with a sword killing poeple with jewlery and use it to progress along your grid.

you go to a lab and make sin by mixing the genes of a whale and sean connery.

while on trip you sea whale and shoot harpoons at it and throwing balls at it.

06-08-2002, 05:29 PM
...When you make your cousin play FFX and she gets married in an exact replica of Yuna's wedding dress.

Chris26356
06-08-2002, 06:57 PM
you act out the ending FMV in front of a mirror with the orchestrated mp3 playing in the background.

Bahamut-ZERO
06-08-2002, 10:24 PM
You get enoyed every time you sumon Yojimbo becouse his steps dosen`t mach the vibration on the controller.

Lengis
06-08-2002, 10:56 PM
-When you start killing whales because they are the children of sin

-When you wear overalls and cuff one pant leg up (but it backfires and people call you a hommie)

-When you start stealing from people trying to find grenades

Solphie
06-09-2002, 01:48 AM
When you buy your girlfriend FFX Yuna's necklace (I did, and she loved it)

Wolf
06-09-2002, 04:18 AM
--When you try to make someone catch on fire by enchanting the words "Fire."
--When you try to cause multiple status inflictions by using "Bad Breath" when all you're doing is blowing wind.
--When you try to take a ball under water or in your pool and trying to play blitzball and not coming up for air cuz no one in the game does.
--When you do a funny dance in front of someone saying that you're trying to send them.
--When you swing a stick in the air and dancing all funny saying you're trying to call out an Aeon.
--When you jump from a high spot telling your friends not to worry because Valefor will catch you on the way down.

flamer_virus
06-10-2002, 09:29 AM
When you go around the neibourhood throwing soccerballs at neighbours dogs and cats untill you see damage points coming out of them, once they don't move anymore you try to send them to the farplane.

DarkViVi
06-10-2002, 12:08 PM
When you play it and forget to revise for your GCSE exams
(well thats my excuse anyway, damn addictive video game)
When you start thinking of designing tidus and auron blades for a motif in your future house(seriously, i was thinking of this)

DarkViVi
06-10-2002, 12:18 PM
When you start thinking of ways to breath underwater for longer periods of time without oxygen tanks
(hmmm not that i have done this...)

Wolf
06-12-2002, 04:24 PM
--When you try to from a club and call it the "Crusaders." You're motto is, "We live to fight Sin."
--You put you're little brother/sister under a blanket and smack him/her with a stick. You mom comes in and asks you what you're doing and you say you're fighting a Wraith.
--You throw a bird feather on your friend saying you're trying to revive him/her using a Pheonix Down.
--You throw water at your friend saying you're using a Potion.

06-12-2002, 04:49 PM
When you double post in a "You know you've been playing too much FFX when..." thread *cough* Dark Vivi *cough* ;)

Nait
06-12-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi

*dies*

That happens in FFVIII and FFIX too at least. I think it also happens in FFVII. You just KNOW what is coming against you. @_@

3214:

When your death-certificate says: "Cause of death: lack of nutrition and sleep."

NecromancerLesca
01-05-2003, 09:18 PM
When you catch yourself doing the little hand motions from all the characters of FFX when talking to someone.

Also the battle stands, then you have problems. :tongue:

CloudSquallandZidane
01-06-2003, 12:01 AM
I do know what im fighting by the camera angle in FFVIII.

Anyways when

U memorize Song Of Prayer(Hymn of the Fayth)

Of and for anyone else who wants it this is it and the translation is in [-]

Inore yo, Ebon-ju [ Pray, Yevon-ju ]
Yume mi yo, inorigo [ Dream, Child of Prayer ]
Hatenaku [ For ever and ever ]
Sakaetamae [ Bring us glory ]

Ummm....

When you capture 10 of every type of creature possible...

Rye
01-12-2003, 12:54 AM
- When you except your doll to attack like a moogle
- When you try to play blitzball in your pool
- you memorize the sending dance
- you say the quote "thanks be to yevon"
- you play with bombs... BOOM! (Rikku)
- You refuse to use computers and technology becuase there "forbiden machina" (if your a yevonite fan)
- You search for zanarkand

Sab
01-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Try to make Anima out of a dead fish and gauze
Then throw it at someone yelling "Oblivion"
Then when it fails you grab a pigeon and throw it at them yelling "Energy Ray"
Again it fails so you go get your tall skinny friend, your fat short friend and your 8 yr old sister to come help...

Klyklops
01-12-2003, 01:39 PM
You start to beat up blond people because they remind you of tidus.
you think the game saves to slowly.
when your luck stat breaks 100.
you glue spikes onto a basket ball,throw it at your cat then try to catch it.ouch.

Pure Strife
01-12-2003, 02:38 PM
When you try and convince your family that dyeing your pet's fur blue would be a good idea.

Rye
01-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Lol

- try to cast healing spells with a plastic rod
- Paint your soccer ball blue and white
- speak al bhed to people
- jump of a building saying "I can fly... belive"
- look for fiends in the forest
- Look for Omega in a cave

Iceglow
01-23-2003, 10:33 AM
talking in Albhed is easy but talking fast in albhed. swinging a Katana and yelling "this is for the fallen!".
know that it takes exactly 280,000 gil to bribe a Varuna (thats the minimum ammount but it hardly ever works).
destroy everything in your path then say "well what now?".
when you try to get Lulu's sigil and got and dodge 337 lightning bolts consectutively (I know I cant spell) before retreating without being hit.
when you quote Auron in your IT classes.
When your posting in this thread instead of doing the coursework that ammounts to a years A-level work due tommorrow.
When you decide that the Dark magus sisters and dark bahamut are a joke because even their limit breaks can't defeat you (delta attack doesn't ignore defense and magic defense so max them out completely and vitality and it is possible with around 80,000hp to survive on just 1hp).
when you start associating the grinch with the guado.
when you say "need a light?" in a dark moody depressed way when offering someone a lighter.
when you actually have a maximum level Blitzball team.
you decide that christianity is Yevon Yevon is evil therefore the church is evil.(no I havent done this yet)
you attend a swordfighting class where you use wooden training swords with red torn and tattered robes with a cowel and a large home made katana and ask wtf are people looking at.
your wardrobe seems wrong why can't you wear clothes like the cast of FFX.
you make a set of Albhed goggles to play blitz ball in and learn to stay completely submerged for 10 minutes.
when your post is this long and your game file time is 190 hours exactly and you still refuse to complete the game.

cactuar_12
01-25-2003, 08:43 PM
You talk to fireflies thinking there your dead relatives

You attack your pet turtule (aka bunyip) with a katana.

You wonder why they don't have a Four-Headed Animal in the zoo.

You wonder why the music doesn't change when you go to a different area.

You preach only about Sin at your church.

You kill Cacti before they get away, expecting for a prize.

You wonder why glass won't break when you get into a fight with someone.

You carry a sword over your shoulder.

You think gloves are an efficent attacking weapon.

You eat Kentucky Fried Chocobo.

Bowser looks like a Tonberry wannabe.

You jump into a tornado, hoping you'll go 1,000 years forward in time.

Rye
01-25-2003, 09:13 PM
- Combine Stink bomb and cherry bomb, hoping to get an explosive.

- Asking people if they are yevonites.

- When you don't remember to do something say it's the toxin's fault.

- Dodge lightning hoping to get a prize.

cactuar_12
01-26-2003, 03:52 AM
You walk for hours without hurting your feet.

You play soccer underwater.

You invent FFX smilies. :choc:

You throw money at people.

You find treasure chests in your temple.

You paint an urn with eyes, hide in it, and come out and explode when someone looks at the wrong eye.

You find "Hornless, Hornless!" an insult.

You dress your turtule in a robe and put a knife in one hand and a lantern in another for halloween.

You kill yourself, hoping that you'll become an unsent.

You be careful when bowing, you might just see a man with blue hair....

Radical Wray!
01-26-2003, 04:51 AM
You start sliping out of the real world and into Spira, periodical, becuse of the insane amout of time you spent on your fiel: 12 hours your first day.

this happend to me.

me=insaneity

Iceglow
01-28-2003, 03:39 PM
nononnonnono Radical wray you are not insane I got FFX and proceeded to play for 73 hours straight without saving once except at the end of it when I actually passed out due to dehydration and lack of sleep, I think you'll find theres only a few insane people in this site and I happen to be one of the worst. I must admit RikkuYuna89 seems almost as far gone as me on the insanity stages as does Maester_Auron no I'll leave this post here I think 'cos I'm now sitting down singing if you're happy and you know it in Nihon-go(japanese for non speakers) in my college libray
"shiawa senara teotatako-,shiawa senara teotatako-, shiawa senara taidodeshimeso-yo, horaminnade teotatako-" (people are now giving me wierd looks and the librarian is shushing me do ya think I should stop now? Oh ok I'll stop singing childrens songs in the libray but it was in japanese so it was cool ya!)

Rye
01-28-2003, 09:55 PM
lol... Was that a compliment? J/k

Anyway...

You played too much FFX when...

- You throw feathers at dead people hoping to wake them.

- Try dancing on top of water.

- Go to swamps at night hoping to see pyreflies glow.

JenosydesTouch
01-28-2003, 11:15 PM
You say gil instead of dollars or cash<---guilty

When you go into a forum that asks if you could date a FF character which one would you date, you go out of your way to find cool pictures of them and post them as your message<-----guilty.

That is all I will do for now. ;)

Radical Wray!
01-28-2003, 11:21 PM
Thanks! I had no Idea what ture insaneity was until i came here.

You have played to much FFX when:

-You suspect your teacher is an unsent(me)

-You hold a pulsh doll and pretend to cast spells.(me, and i'm a d00d. O.o)

-You imagen what malitary possablities Aeons would have verses iraq. (me. NOW! DELTA ATTACK OSAMA! DIIIIEEE!!!!!!11)

:choc:

cactuar_12
01-30-2003, 02:28 AM
The zoo hires you to capture animals, but no robots.

For a defensive stance in karate, you merely hold out your arm, bent, in front of your face (Auron).

Instead of a cat, you have a Cait Sith.

You carry your swords over your shoulder.

You put on a glove whenever you steal from your sister.

You're afraid of Dragon' breath.

You're afraid of anyone's bad breath.

You wear a ribbon every day, even if your a boy, just in case you need it.....

You "Lancet" someone when they have a talent you want.

You poke four holes in your best sword, then put a lot of grenades, spheres, and other stuff in the holes.

You land in an island with Jamacans after being thrown in a tornado by a friend(I'm not being racist, but Wakka sounds jamacan).

On your date, you go swiming in a lake with your gf/bf.

Rye
01-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Umm...

- Shoot harpoons at whales thinking there going to destroy kilika.

- Search for the farplanes

- Expect your lost love to come out of the water, when you whistle

cactuar_12
01-31-2003, 10:51 PM
You find cactuars in the desert.

Your turtule keeps waddling toward you.....

Arcadia Charmer
02-03-2003, 06:51 PM
I dont know if someone else had posted this, but...

You know you're playing FFX too much when..
- you get mad coz you cant find high-neck coat.
- you always wear coat without tucking your arm in one of its sleeves.
- you try to find an oversized sword, a pair of blackglasses, and cool-looking boots.

In other words, you're desperately trying to become Auron. :tongue:

Rye
02-04-2003, 12:50 AM
- Wear halter top only with a bow around the waist as a belt

- Always state wear you are from very politely (I am Summoner Yuna, from the Isle of Besaid)

- Make rod out of a spatula (grill flipper thingy) and paint it blue and yellow

- Insist you can water/ dance on water until carried to asylum ( :freak: crazy house :freak: )

In other words trying to be like Yuna ;)

Iceglow
02-04-2003, 05:12 PM
you learn the full rules and find ways to play blitzball (I actually managed it)
you search for an aeon that appears from the underworld dragged by an anchor
you try jumping of an oversized airship without a parachute
you believe that if you die you'll become an unsent and eventually a fiend.

*oww my RSI*

Rye
02-04-2003, 09:00 PM
- You try to make people pay WAY TOO much money, to fight turtles, dogs and other creatures. (Old guy in calm lands)

Im fresh out of ideas :mad: I'll come back to you later ;) :mog:

NecromancerLesca
02-05-2003, 10:11 PM
When you can actually act out scene after scene and memorized the entire game conversations when it's the dead of night and awake.

Yeahhhh...I know I'm weird...:riiight:

Rye
02-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Lol i think i might of done that once... :freak:

You played FFX too much when...

- Are obsessed with seymore and continously bow hoping for him to show

- Say to your father/Mother you hate them when you mean you love them.

NecromancerLesca
02-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by RikkuYuna89
- Say to your father/Mother you hate them when you mean you love them.

yeah, how does that work?:O_O: People do it and all, me too sometimes, but still..it seems confusing...maybe I just need sleep or something...

Back to the forum...

You walk around the street, carrying a leash and food dish, calling "here Chocobo! Good boy! Come here! Hey, Chocobo!!"

:choc:

cactuar_12
02-06-2003, 01:24 AM
OOC: Here's RikkuYuna's joke, but better:

You are always careful when you bow, you might just see a guy with blue hair...

Rye
02-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Yeah! But whats OCC mean??? Im so slow on catching up with Forum Abbreviations...

cactuar_12
02-10-2003, 12:13 AM
It's ok, I didn't know what it was either.... anyway, it means Out of Character, meaning a notice off-topic to the forum or conversation.

Rye
02-10-2003, 10:48 PM
OoOoO! Thanks! ^.^

Hmmm...

You played FFX too much when...

- You save a priest in trouble hoping it's a hot lady/Man

- When you spin with Sword expecting a whirlwind to come (auron's overdrive)

- Try to kiss someone under water (If you watched too much spider-man AND FFX you kiss people upside-down under water)

cactuar_12
02-10-2003, 11:30 PM
lol.

You wonder why the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles don't have lanterns and daggers.

Rye
02-11-2003, 11:48 PM
lol! I like that one ^.^!

- You wonder were the blue cats are in the mountains

- Say that Airplanes are so old-fashion!

Iceglow
02-12-2003, 10:23 AM
You decide that you and your mates cann d oa venom tackle on each other in a blitzball game and carry syringes of poison to inject them with
(this refers to the fact that I actually found a way to play blitzball)

Rye
02-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Lol! Also you can put sleeping powder on the blitzball! Also you played to much FFX

- you think churches adopt all children (yevon guys take in kids)

Mattokenzi
04-12-2003, 05:50 PM
everytime you forget to do something, you use Sin's toxins as an excuse.

you have a FFX shrine.

you dyed your hair the same shade as Tidus' hair.

you made your best friend dress like Tidus.

your screen name is Tidus, YunaLover, WakkaBabe, etc.

your goal is to have every FFX memorabilia out right now.

you wish you were Yuna or Tidus in the game.

you hate Jecht for being mean to Tidus when he was a kid.

you joined your school's soccer team because soccer reminds you of blitzball in some way.

you cry whenever Tidus or yuna gets knocked out in the game.

Tidus and Wakka inspired you to take swimming lessons.

you gave your best friend a membership at the gym and asked him to work out until he has a nice upper body and thighs like Tidus.

everytime you enter the room, you say, 'Missed me?'

your friends refer to you as the one who is obsessed with Tidus or Yuna.

you learned how to wolf whistle.

'Victory' is your motto.

you got mad at the Al Bhed for knocking out Tidus.

Tidus or Yuna is your main reason for buying FFX.

you made your best friend pierce his left ear.

you started hating your dad simply because Tidus hates his.

you have a crush on the Tidus or Yuna look-alike in your class.

you tell everyone that you're from Zanarkand.

you always pass the ball to Tidus or Wakka whenever you're playing blitzball even though Tidus is the furthest one from the goal.

you realized that if you rearrange the letters in Tidus' name, you get 'I STUD'

everytime Tidus makes a goal, you say "that he made that shot for me".

you kiss your Tidus or Yuna poster goodnight every night.

when lost on the road, you pull into a gas station asking directions to Sin, so you can find your way back home.

you cut your hair short and bleach it.

you turned your pool into a blitzball arena.

you joined your school's water polo team.

you think of Tidus or Yuna 24 hours a day; 365 days a year.

you look like Tidus or any other character.

your boyfriend or Girlfriend is starting to get jealous of Tidus or yuna because you talk about him more.

you made any FFX character plush doll to hold on to at night.

you posterize your room and school locker with the Besaid Aurocs.

you cry everytime you hear "Suteki da ne" because you wish you were the one kissing Tidus or Yuna in that pond.

you scream, "AHHH!" everytime someone mentions the Besaid Aurocs

everyday you listen to "Overworld"

you try to breath underwater.

you hate Wakka because when he was holding Tidus underwater, Tidus looked very unhappy.

you save the game just before the kiss so you can see it over and over again, and you wish it wer you instead of Yuna or Tidus.

you have a poster hanging above your bed so they're the first things you see when you wake up and the last thing you see when you go to sleep.

same height and age as Tidus. also, you wear a lot of yellow colored shirts.

you feel happy for tidus that he found yuna. even though you think that you would make tidus happier. deep down you know that he loves yuna and you love her aswell.

you sit through blissful hours of blitzball to drool at the other blitzball players skills and heroic hotness.

You look at Tidus or yuna only in every scene of the game.

You cut off eight inches of hair to look more like Yuna, so that when you find Tidus (because you will), he'll be destined to fall in love with you.

You build a altar dedicated to them.

You have a life-size poster of Tidus or yuna on your bedroom door

You are constantly sleeping trying to re-dream FFX

If you see Rikku in real life, you know you will faint

You contantly talk about Tidus or yuna to your friends even though they want you to shut up

You did your assignment about Blitzball issue (and got an 'A+')

You got all the FFX pictures (Including fan art).

You always cry when Tidus gets hurt in the game

You start swimming around in the bathtub imagining that you're the one kissing with Tidus while swimming in the pond.

You stalk anyone with the name Tidus or anyone who looks like a FFX character

You 'accidentaly' call your best friend Tidus on numerous occasions.

You're out on a field alone and attempt a 'Jecht Shot' with the nearest ball you find.

Your notebooks are full with the Besaid Aurocs photos so that when you're at school, you just stare at them when you're bored.

You want to collect Longswords like Tidus.

Everything in your room resembles blitzball even the pencil has a blitzball on it!!

Thanx for looking @ me! B=)

Tidus Andronicus
04-12-2003, 09:54 PM
o.O

You post 62 items at once in a "You know you've been playing too much FFX when" thread.

wow, hehe :p

Rye
04-13-2003, 12:56 PM
- When you use the excuse when you fall asleep in class: I'm tired I was performing the sending all night.

muchacho
04-13-2003, 11:42 PM
when you run into a house, look around, talk to the person, open a chest, and then leave.

when you have a strange dream where thier are little kids that say "you cryed" ect.

frah oui cbayg al bhed, vmjahdmo

when you actualy find away to play blitzball

Radical Wray!
04-14-2003, 02:00 AM
When you spend 15 minets trying to come up with something funny to say in this thread.

S2Knight.F
04-15-2003, 04:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the holy meteor

............You get contact lenses; one is green for your right eye, and the other is blue for your left eye.

LOL
:D :D :D :D :D

i gotta try

Squall Leonheart
04-15-2003, 02:53 PM
...when you actually read through all of these replies:)

Squall Leonheart
04-15-2003, 03:02 PM
...when you actually read through all of these replies:)

the tortured one
04-15-2003, 06:37 PM
you know your obsessed with FFX when:

you are on your third FFX disc because you wore out the previous two.

Square sends you a letter telling you to get a life.

you've ever mass debated about a rikku yuna and lulu fantasy. (final fantasy:XXX :joey: )

the muscles in your legs atrophy from neglect but on the bright side you've almost got the sun sigil.

you start refering to your PS2 and FFX disc as "my precioussss"

Rye
04-15-2003, 10:47 PM

*Strokes PS2* Stay away from my Preciousssss! ^.^

When you spend 15 minets trying to come up with something funny to say in this thread.

Geez... I must really be obsessed than :D

~*Princess Lenne*~
05-30-2003, 03:31 AM
You think your English teacher is half Al Bhed because she has two different colour eyes...I really think I'm crazy..

~*Princess Lenne*~
05-30-2003, 03:32 AM
I do already refer to my ps2 and ffx as "my precioussss" well so far there are two stricks, half al bhed and that

cactuar_12
05-30-2003, 02:28 PM
You think that Saddam Insane is Al Bhed. :whoa:

Rye
05-31-2003, 01:49 AM
Lol! The leader of the al bhed! ^.^

SirenGriever
05-31-2003, 03:56 PM
You've played too much of Final Fantasy X when you imagine your first date standing in a dark pool of water with Rikki singing Suteki Da Ne in the background...:rolleyes2 ;)

:D "Squirrels Don't Cry!":D

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...:eek: :whoa: :whoa:

cactuar_12
06-01-2003, 10:18 PM
Lol! The leader of the al bhed! ^.^

Yeah, why doesn't Saddam Hussein have an airship?? :p

You are stuck in the desert, and you try to thwart off a Zu after refusing to cut open a Cactuar for water.

Forget Swiss Army Pocket Knives, you have the Caladbolg!!

You dress in a tall japanese costume, with a fake beard and all, and occasionally sic your dog on neighbors, throw Kunai at the annoying neighborhood kid, and decapitate asinine drunks.

Sieg
07-07-2003, 06:21 PM
When your in love with yuna.
When you try to play blitzball in the pool.
When youve put every character around the sphere grid.

SirenGriever
07-07-2003, 06:35 PM
You know you've played too much Final Fantasy X when you turn down the sound, shut off the subtitles and say every line of the game with your best character impressions.

It's like somethin' outta the Twilight Zone...It's like...Twilight Zoney...:eek: :whoa: :whoa:

:love: :love: I love to ramble!!!:love: :love:

§håd0w
07-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by battuosai2002
breaking 99 hours was when i stopped playing (after buying it and playing it nonstop for the first week) ya?

just broke 400, ive got u all

§håd0w
07-18-2003, 12:42 AM
ya know? come to think of it, i can do the jecht shot (but with only one spin at the end), i have memorized most of the games script, and i did buy a red robe and lade it look exactly like auron's. wow, i have played that game too much.

zoti
12-06-2003, 02:14 PM
you now it when you are beginning to see monsters all over your room.....
you now it when you are looking at the skyes and think it's time to valefor to come down.
you now it when you are calling all you see infidel!!
you now it when the dog is coming and you are SO happy because you are thinking that you have summoned it......

AuronsLoveChild
12-08-2003, 12:49 AM
When you spend an entire winter break from school playing AT LEAST 15 hours a day, (My personal best is sat 730AM to Sunday 4AM!!! =20hrs!!!:whoa: ) and your room is littered with gatorade(to stay hydrated) and half eaten sandwhiches. and the only reason you leave your room is to go to the bathroom and restock the minifridge.

blitzballstar01
12-12-2003, 11:31 PM
when you go around saying that tidus is hot and you wish he was real. (no comment on that one.) i even got my cousin whos never played the game to call tidus hot lol. its really hilarious. isnt he hot in my sig?? lol i love how his hairs all down like that when its wet. lol sorry i know im weird.

and ive actually thought about getting two differnet color contacts...even though i dont need them.

o and just recently, i got my hair cut like yunas from ffx-2. its so cute!!

§håd0w
12-13-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by AuronsLoveChild
When you spend an entire winter break from school playing AT LEAST 15 hours a day, (My personal best is sat 730AM to Sunday 4AM!!! =20hrs!!!:whoa: ) and your room is littered with gatorade(to stay hydrated) and half eaten sandwhiches. and the only reason you leave your room is to go to the bathroom and restock the minifridge.

Done it, but mine was at a LAN party for 29, lol. Call me a loser if you want, but it's a way of life.

blitzballstar01
12-15-2003, 09:59 PM
lol i did that but with kingdom hearts. ( i guess its kinda final fantasy-ish) i played from 10 am until 6 30 am...then i got back on at like 4 pm that day and played until like 8 that night. i beat it that day. i dont remember where i started at, but i was only like half way through it the first day and then beat it the next. my friend was over and it was hilarious cuz she doesnt even like that kind of game and she wouldnt let me turn it off. it was funny.

§håd0w
12-16-2003, 12:12 AM
Yeah, my goal was to beat FFX during the LAN party, and to have all the sidequests completed. And I did it in 29:53. Damn I'm good. *coughs* loser *coughs*

lol.

Halenite
12-16-2003, 08:42 PM
You know when you try to get a lightning bolt to come out of your staff and try to pull Ixion out of a wormhole.

DMKA
12-30-2003, 10:19 AM
...when you've comitted more than three of the acts mentioned in this thread (as I have):p.

Including this one:

I did that when I first opened them up:eek:.

§håd0w
12-30-2003, 02:46 PM
I did that when I first opened them up.

Loser, I would never do something that low...

*looks around*

I would also never do anything mentioned above

*looks around again*

:p

Xander
12-30-2003, 07:09 PM
.... you start putting plaits in your hair like Rikku :p

§håd0w
12-30-2003, 09:46 PM
When you call Al Qaeda the Al Bhed during a report and make yourself look like a complete loser and dumb ass.

Auron-
08-12-2004, 06:32 AM
when u start wanting a tatoo like Jecht.

/ \ /\
\ \ / \
\ \ \/ / / /
\ / / \ /
/ /
\ \
\ \| |
\ /
\/

DMKA
08-12-2004, 10:11 AM
When you dig through 8 months of old threads to find this one and post in it. O_________O

crono_logical
08-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Indeed. Please stop sifting through really old threads which people have lost interest in and posting in them, Auron-.