PDA

View Full Version : [Art] It's... my avatar

ReloadPsi
07-03-2012, 02:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/diehure/avatar02.gif

I thought since I use this avatar on and off I'd try presenting it and seeing what people actually think. It is for the most part a self-portrait based on the way I dressed in my late teens (posting photos on discussion forums where I used it would get interesting reactions) with that also being roughly the time I first made it. Holy crap, that means my avatar's roughly eight or nine years old. Damn. I don't dress all in black any more, and I don't wear a chunk of amethyst around my neck, but yeah. When I have time to find the dang thing I'll post and show you the full spritesheet, complete with all its colour inconsistencies ^^ The pose is supposed to be me throwing my arms out to finish casting a spell, but it looks more like I'm going to give someone a hug, hence the custom title under my name.

It's obviously an edit of something from FF6, but I'm not saying what... it's up to you to guess, though I'll gladly chime in if there's a correct - or close enough - answer ;)

I used to do a ton of FF6 edits way back in the past, and seemed to have a knack for editing characters and blending pieces of different field sprites together to the point where they went together and looked like new characters, though sometimes it was obvious what the components were. I was making them for an FF fangame I was gonna make in RPG Maker but despite all the neat character designs I did, the fact I couldn't make maps worth a crap derailed the project :P Heck, I'll prolly post them too with the character names and backgrounds when I remember where I backed them up.

Oh, and here's a little bonus: me on a chocobo. Get in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/diehure/psiridingachocobo.gif

Jiro
07-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Is that Gau in a suit? I think it might be. Anyway, it is a neat little sprite and I like that it's you giving hugs. I can't see it as spell casting; that's far too violent. The chocobo one is just effing adorable too.