PDA

View Full Version : Browser Bookmarks

Pike
07-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Do you use them? Do you sort them? Are yours an unholy mess?

Mine are an unholy mess. But at least they're... a sort of sorted unholy mess. :shifty:

By which I mean I have five or six little folders and I can't find anything in those so it's all really kind of pointless. That's what happens when you've been using the same file of bookmarks for like five years because you keep saving and then importing them anytime you reformat or reinstall.

How about you guys?

Rantz
07-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Once in the early 00's, I tried to make my bookmarks a collection of everything cool on the internet and all the pages I'd ever need. It grew out of hand rather quickly. Since then I've limited myself as best as I can, keeping my most frequented links in the bookmark bar, a few themed folders and a misc folder.

Tigmafuzz
07-03-2012, 06:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/7duoq.png

And this on the new computer. About four months' worth.

Psychotic
07-03-2012, 10:19 AM
I have the most random collection of useless shit that I never ever use and should really do something about.

Cyanide & Happiness #1337 - Explosm.net (http://www.explosm.net/comics/1337/)

I have this bookmarked. Why? I just. Why that specific comic? :confused: Imagine a hundred more like this and you get the idea.

Sephex
07-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I use them, but I don't go crazy with them. I have a friend that used to make Tigmafuzz's screen cap look modest.

NorthernChaosGod
07-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I have dozens of bookmarks categorized into folders and subfolders because I'm picky like that. :monster:

Rantz
07-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Cyanide & Happiness #1337 - Explosm.net (http://www.explosm.net/comics/1337/)

I have this bookmarked. Why? I just. Why that specific comic? :confused:

You bookmarked it because of the number, you 1337 h4xx0r you!

Faris
07-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I have my main bookmarks for sites that I regularly visit and then a bunch of random things that I think I'll use but never do.

Mirage
07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't even use bookmarks. I remember all the sites I regularly visit and type them in manually and let the auto-complete function do its job.

Quindiana Jones
07-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I use the bookmarks bar thing, which is an example of organised chaos. It's largely a mess with certain categories in between. It goes random stuff, university links, email clients, facebook, streaming sites, EoFF, random stuff.

escobert
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
I keep my most used sites on my toolbar (forums, ESPN, Twitter, BBC news, Youtube & email). I have one folder for Guild Wars sites. I don't go to any other sites.. ever..

Shorty
07-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Man, I thought I was bad with bookmarks but I'm nowhere near as crazy as you folks!

Jiro
07-03-2012, 10:42 PM
My bookmarks are neat and tidy. I usually bookmark stuff to remember to look at it and once it has served its purpose it is either filed or deleted.

Alpha2099
07-03-2012, 11:38 PM
I have a good number of bookmarks. And they are sorted, for the most part. I think I have them all in their proper folders. Within the folder, I organize them from shortest name to longest as you go down the list, so it looks like a staircase. That part might just be OCD, though.

For what it's worth, I have EoFF bookmarked.

Levian
07-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Bowser Bookmarks!!

36311 36312 36313

Raistlin
07-04-2012, 03:06 AM
My general bookmarks folder is an unholy mess of websites I found interesting or otherwise bookmark-worthy 6+ years ago. I have several folders in there that are more focused to specific websites or topics. I have not clicked on the vast majority of them in years. I have never bothered to try to sort them because I am lazy.

My bookmarks toolbar folder is more focused and recent, but I have even overrun that at this point because I have started bookmarking things to my toolbar folderso I don't have to bother scrolling through my massive bookmarks folder.

I am a bookmarks hoarder.

Shlup
07-04-2012, 06:06 AM
My bookmarks are very well organized. My bookmarks toolbar is sorted with separators, and I removed the text to fir more. It goes email, work, forums, etsy-related, social media, web comics, torrents, and then my Pinterest and Amazon quick buttons.

The rest of my bookmarks are pretty well sorted too.