PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a mix tape?

KentaRawr!
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
So, here's the thing. I've been really, really bored this summer, so I asked some friends of mine to help me make a list of all the things I should do before the summer ends. One of the first things they recommended was for me to make a mix tape of my favorite songs. But the thing is, I don't know how to put songs on to a tape! I thought some of the more tech savvy people here might know how though.

So basically what I'm asking is, how do I put sound onto a tape so I can then play it on a cassette player?

Sylvie
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Alright, I actually do this often because I'm mostly in cars that use cassette decks.

Anyway, what you want to do is (I MAY HAVE THIS WIRING CONFIGURATION SCRAMBLED; TRY DIFFERENT COMBOS YOU'RE A SMART GUY) plug in one end of a double-ended TRS wire into the recording outlet on the cassette r. Then plug the other end of the TRS into the

My mind is fucking fried. All you need is a playlist on your computer, a fucking audio TRS wire (one on each end) and a cassette deck of some sort to record onto the tape, figure it out

KentaRawr!
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Alright, I actually do this often because I'm mostly in cars that use cassette decks.

Anyway, what you want to do is (I MAY HAVE THIS WIRING CONFIGURATION SCRAMBLED; TRY DIFFERENT COMBOS YOU'RE A SMART GUY) plug in one end of a double-ended TRS wire into the recording outlet on the cassette r. Then plug the other end of the TRS into the

My mind is smurfing fried. All you need is a playlist on your computer, a smurfing audio TRS wire (one on each end) and a cassette deck of some sort to record onto the tape, figure it out

Sorry! I've never really worked with cassettes before, being the youngling that I am. Thanks for helping though! =) I think it sounds simple enough. lol

Sylvie
07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
you'll figure this out

Jinx
07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
This thread is so much fail, Kenta.

<3333333333

:)

Sylvie
07-03-2012, 08:18 PM
You could do it how we used to and just wait there by the radio and manually record all the ones that you like, and you'll have like the worst audio quality ever; it'll be perfect.

rubah
07-04-2012, 01:05 AM
o_o

do you have a stereo that has cd and tape

put a tape in

put a cd in (or if it has an aux port, connect a stereo cable from your ipod)

select the track you want
pause
start recording
play

stop recording

next track

I haven't done it in about ten years myself, but never doing it!?

Sylvie
07-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Oh yeah that is a really easy way, I forgot about that method.

KentaRawr!
07-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Sorry! I've just never really used cassettes before, but I'm curious about trying them out. lol I mean, my Dad had a cassette player when I was really little. But c'mon, surely you guys have to have met people before who've never used this futuristic stuff of yours. xD

But anyway, thanks for the help. =) I'm glad it turned out to be so simple!

Shiny
07-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Futuristic? More like ancient. You're better off burning songs on to a CD. That's the millennium version of a mixtape.

KentaRawr!
07-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Futuristic? More like ancient. You're better off burning songs on to a CD. That's the millennium version of a mixtape.

I was joking when I said futuristic. :P