PDA

View Full Version : It was a bittersweet 4th of July for me, since my other dog died. :(

SuperMillionaire
07-05-2012, 09:20 PM
About two-and-a-half years ago, as I once posted on this board shortly after that, I lost my second dog, Pito, shortly before Christmas of 2010. And now, my first dog, Copper, a German Shepherd/Chow-Chow hybrid, has died as well. I've had him for 18 years, since we got him in 1994, and by this time, having lived for so long, he was really weak; he had difficutly walking and hearing. My mother decided to have him euthanized on Tuesday. Personally, I was against the decision of using euthanasia on him, and I would have liked to see him make it to 20, but since he was so weak, my mother decided to take him to the animal hospital to be euthanized. I'll always cherish the fun memories I've had of him, as I grew up with him in the house, and I really miss him now, but at least he's in a better place now. :(

Rantz
07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
That sucks, dude, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Jessweeee♪
07-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm sorry for your loss :(

Tigmafuzz
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
It's never easy when you lose a pet. Especially one that's been around for so long. I'm so sorry.

Shorty
07-05-2012, 11:36 PM
What a sad way to commemorate a holiday :(

Sephex
07-05-2012, 11:40 PM
That really sucks. I can relate somewhat, since when I was a kid one of my family's cats died on Christmas morning. The best thing to do is to remember the good times and celebrate the dog's life. Sure, you're going to feel bad about this, but I find that mentality helps.

SuperMillionaire
07-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks, guys. I remember one time about four years or so ago, I witnessed a neighbor's dog die from getting run over by a car, and the two children who owned the dog cried.

That really sucks. I can relate somewhat, since when I was a kid one of my family's cats died on Christmas morning. The best thing to do is to remember the good times and celebrate the dog's life. Sure, you're going to feel bad about this, but I find that mentality helps.

And Sephex, you really lost a cat on Christmas morning? Wow... that's horrible...

Sylvie
07-12-2012, 09:18 PM
A dog died like a year or two ago. My mother was unbearable. In turn, living with her was more difficult, and I can never tolerate her.