PDA

View Full Version : who is your favorite character in FFX?

reinward
07-07-2012, 06:48 AM
my favorite character is O'aka. he had the best lines XD

"O'aka XXIII merchant extrordinaire!"

"sneaked past the guards, i did!"

"dont look like you got any money either.. i have business with ye out of my way!"

"filthy, filthy! these won't sell or me names not O'aka!"

"hurray for maester seymours wedding!"

"welcome to O'aka's"

ReloadPsi
07-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Most of the NPCs around the towns, because they aren't voiced.

Just kidding. I like Auron, and I don't mind Rikku that much either. Her X-2 incarnation got on my nerves though.

FatalChronic
07-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Either Wakka or Auron...
Cant decide between em..

Jiro
07-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Wakka is probably my favourite character. Not only is he pretty useful in battles, his character development from hard headed idiot to an open minded and accepting dude is kind of awesome. Gotta love his position as a sportstar too, and that business with his brother and Lulu just makes his character a little more well rounded.

EDIT: O'aka hits on Tidus the first time they meet. I think he's gay.

Hambone
07-13-2012, 10:44 AM
O'aka hits on Tidus the first time they meet. I think he's gay.

:eek: What?! Where?

O'aka: Oooh, them's fascinatin' clothes you're wearing! (Walks over and inspects) Yewh! Filthy, filthy! These won't sell or me name's not O'aka! Don't look like you got much money either. I've no business with ye. Outta me way!
Tidus: Who do you think you are?
O'aka: O'aka XXIII, merchant extraordinaire!
Tidus: O'aka the who?
O'aka: Don't know me? Well, not many do, not yet.

ŽO'aka: But someday, the name O'aka will be spoken all over Spira!
ŽSay, lad, you wouldn't have a bit o' Gil to lend?
Yes. [Give him some Gil.]
O'aka: You're really gonna give me X Gil?
Yes.
O'aka: I guess it pays to ask! Thank ye kindly, lad! Fine seed money for the O'aka merchant empire!
ŽMuch obliged, lad! I'll be sure to pay ye back!
No. (Or cancel, or give him 0 Gil)
O'aka: (Disgusted noise) Should've expected as much.
No.
O'aka: Eh, it figures.
ŽO'aka: Have you got some to lend?

All I can say is "where"? I actually really like this idea; I'm curious as to what tips you off here, Jiro.

Jinx
07-13-2012, 02:42 PM
It's Jiro's.....uh, I mean O'aka's accent.

Jiro
07-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Precisely. The way he delivers the first line is super camp. The description you posted is even better.

O'aka: Oooh, them's fascinatin' clothes you're wearing! (Walks over and inspects)

Inspects huh. Yeah. I know you be checking out his butt, O'aka. But seriously, it's just the voice acting that made me giggle. I honestly thought he was coming onto Tidus for a minute there!

milliegoesbeep
08-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I always had a big soft spot for Yuna. I adored how sweet she was and how nothing was more important to her than the safety of the people, even if that meant costing her life. To me, she has the attitude that everyone should have and then the world would be a much nicer place. I've cosplayed her many times and I adored how she developed as a character when it got to FFX-2. I never really liked the sequel all that much (way too girly) but I always adore a story that concentrates on the impact of scenarios on a character's personality. Yay for character development!

Sephex
08-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Auron. I am a sucker for the serene badass type character. I would love to drink with him some day.

Shorty
08-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Lulu, because she is a badass. Rikku would probably be next. For some reason, Yuna annoyed the bajesus out of me.

blackmage_nuke
08-18-2012, 12:32 PM
:eek: What?! Where?

ŽMuch obliged, lad! I'll be sure to pay ye back!

Bow chicka wow wow.

Oaka is probably my favourite character too, though I quite like Kimahri since of the main cast he has the fewest annoying moments and the best battle stances.

Del Murder
08-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Auron is my favorite. So stoic and such a badass. And then you find out he's an undead badass? That's the icing on the cake there.

G13
08-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Despite finding him a bit whiny for a protagonist, I liked Tidus the best. He had good character progression, and I think Brotherhood is one of the coolest FF weapons.

Goldenboko
08-19-2012, 03:17 AM
The characters of Final Fantasy X are one of the strongest parts of this game to me, I think my favorite character would be Yuna, if we do not acknowledge Final Fantasy X-2's existence. In X you had a character the complete devotion to her religion, people, and duty, accepting that there are flaws in her devotion and real change must be made. In X-2 you have a whiny brat looking for her boyfriend.

Jiro
08-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Yuna was a little too passive through the first half of the game but I think considering her age, upbringing, etc etc etc, it probably fits her character a lot. So I guess I dislike her a little bit less now :monster:

Agent Proto
08-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I like Wakka the most, so far. He's such a laid back dude, yeah?

DMKA
08-19-2012, 05:08 PM
That kid from Kilika who wants to be a blitzball when he grows up.

Laddy
08-20-2012, 02:58 AM
I actually really like the cast of FFX for the most part. Tidus is a good idea done like tit and Wakka was eh, but otherwise the cast was good, if a bit archetype-y at times.

Overall, I like Yuna and Lulu the best. Yuna is, to me, the real protagonist. The demonstrates a huge strength of character but also manages to have a more interesting character arch than Meg Ryan.

Lulu is just cool. She's definitely the smart one and has a lot of cool observations. Plus, she's pretty much suspicious of Yevon way before, say, Wakka.

iceman00890
08-20-2012, 04:15 AM
Wakka! He has a Hollywood Tan!

Raistlin
08-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Auron was the only FFX playable character I actually liked. Definitely a badass.

Mercen-X
08-24-2012, 05:54 AM
That kid from Kilika who wants to be a blitzball when he grows up.

:( I want to be a blitzball!

doctormarsh
08-24-2012, 09:36 PM
I think if I had to choose a favorite character it probably would have to be Yuna. Her character undergoes so much growth throughout the game and she is quite honestly all around amazing.

She also has these moments when everything about her life has been rocked to the core due to the reveal of the true face of Yevon, and yet she keeps on going. It's really inspiring.

Christmas
08-25-2012, 04:04 PM
That little boy at the bottom right of the screen during the ending sequence. :bigsmile:

Ralvyn
08-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Auron, he's simply badass.

sabin101
08-29-2012, 09:17 PM
I like auron he is a true badass lol. The same with lulu to me she was totally hot. Maechen is another character that I really loved. The voice actor was really cool he sounded like a grandfather or something like that.

Freya
08-30-2012, 06:00 AM
I really like blitzball kid. But for the main cast? I like wakka. He's a good guy :D

dunk
09-04-2012, 11:15 PM
CID! Cid is a badass, and not a known giver of smurfs

Cloudane
09-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Hmm.... Auron or Yuna.

Auron for being the no-nonsense badass good guy - calm, business-like and efficient, and quite simply very useful.
Yuna for the genuine devotion to her people that just calmly transcended any of the religious nonsense the moment that stuff started to hit the fan. That is one cool lady, and the real main character (but it's another iteration like XII where they had to put an idiot as the official main instead to identify with their vision of the typical player)

I didn't like Yuna as much in X-2 either. She'd just saved the world and had every right to complain about being expected to give further smurfs about it and to kick back and be silly, but I still struggle to get past the fact that she, well, did. A lot.

Jiro
09-05-2012, 11:39 PM

Sometimes I think FFX's Cid is almost as cool as Cid Highwind. :P

dunk
09-06-2012, 01:15 AM

Sometimes I think FFX's Cid is almost as cool as Cid Highwind. :P

I like how you said almost, ha. But yeah Cid in X is awesome...

Guado have attacked and taken over home? fuck that shit blow that sky high.

Yuna getting married? fuck that shit we'l just barge right in there unvited guns blazing like a boss.

Hes like the first character other then tiduis's fail attempt too break the mold and mess shit up, loved it. Every other part of the game prior too that seemed tip-toed, accidental, or just completely wasn't there fault.

Cids just like... yeah ask me how many fucks i give.

Forsaken Lover
09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Seymour. He had an interesting backstory and personality.

Shame about his design though. But I can overlook that because I like everything else about him a lot.