PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Fantasy Football

Raistlin
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
It's that time of year again, when we get together to yell at our TVs whenever Calvin Johnson scores yet another touchdown against our suddenly incompetent secondary. It's fantasy football!

I created the league and sent out the invite emails to returning members. Returning managers will have a few weeks to sign up, and then I'll open registration to newcomers. If you're not a returning member but still interested, post here or PM me to let me know so you'll be first in line. Each year there's generally at least 1 or 2 open spots.

If enough people are interested, I can always create a second league. I have created a league for some college friends, and if that doesn't bomb out (which is quite possible), I'll probably need a few people to round out the numbers.

The live draft will be sometime in late August. I'll randomly select the draft order once we have a full league.

Del Murder
07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I can't even remember who won last year.

Edit after checking: Ahahaha

The Captain
07-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Joined!

As I wrote in the league too, I am extremely busy in late August so my last available day to draft is August 19th.

Unless we want to wait until literally the last minute, then I can draft on Sunday September 2nd.

Also, are we interested in using a flex option? Perhaps instead of a 3rd WR?

Take care all.

Del Murder
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I would rather do it in addition to a 3rd WR.

Raistlin
07-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I don't think we should add another position. At 14 teams, quality is already stretched pretty thin. And I think we discussed a flex in lieu of the 3rd WR last year, and the majority view then was that having 3 possible RB positions would be too much. I think I then suggested maybe a WR/TE flex in lieu of the 3rd WR or instead of TE, but it didn't go anywhere. I am fine with reopening discussion on any of the above.

I still think we should switch to a 6-team, 3-week playoff, but nobody else ever seems to like that. :p

I can't even remember who won last year.

Edit after checking: Ahahaha

I thought you were just joking until reading your edit. WELL FUCK YOU ANYWAY

Del Murder
07-09-2012, 05:31 PM
A 6 team playoff is dumb because bye weeks are dumb.

I like more positions because it makes it less likely any one player can carry a team. With 2 WR you don't need a lot of depth at all. With 4 you need a crap ton of depth and shallow teams (run by lesser managers) will drown.

I'm down for a TE/WR flex instead of a 3rd WR, though.

escobert
07-09-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm ready to DOMINATE this year!

The Captain
07-15-2012, 05:06 PM
So, any verdict on things?

Using the Flex? Changing the draft date?

Now that I think on it, maybe having it on September 2nd wouldn't be bad as that's literally the last possible Sunday before games start and we would be through all the pre-season games and the inevitable season-ending injuries that come with them.

Take care all.

Raistlin
07-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Is there any rush? I'd like to have some more input before making any changes. Personally, I'm fine with a WR/TE flex (I was even fine with a RB/WR/TE flex) and changing the draft to the last weekend.

The Captain
07-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Just wanted to give the thread a bump since no one had posted their thoughts in basically a week.

Take care all.

escobert
07-15-2012, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't mind the flex being RB/WR/TE
draft date and time doesn't really matter to me.

Del Murder
07-16-2012, 10:17 PM
How about a RB/WR/TE/QB/K flex?

Cz
07-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Looking forward to this year after last year's horrible Autodraft team.

I'm in favour of a six team playoff. Bye weeks are dumb, but the extra spots give average teams something to play and so keep the league competitive. It also gives us a neater 13-game schedule where everyone plays each other once (which sucks if you have to play The Captain's team twice).

Not bothered either way about a flex. RB/WR/TE or just WR/TE is fine with me - RB's going to be a sucky position this year anyway, so I doubt many people would find use for a third one.

Hollycat
07-17-2012, 02:50 PM
How does one play this?

escobert
07-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Not bothered either way about a flex. RB/WR/TE or just WR/TE is fine with me - RB's going to be a sucky position this year anyway, so I doubt many people would find use for a third one.
You never know, there are still those RB's out there that can play, McCoy, Foster, Gore, Forte and Rice are all beasts. and Lynch can be when he goes BEASTMODE. But he just got a DUI last night so who knows how that will go.

Raistlin
07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
and Lynch can be when he goes BEASTMODE. But he just got a DUI last night so who knows how that will go.

He'll be ok once he gets some Skittles.

escobert
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Oh and I forgot MJD he's always racking up yards. You just have to get a RB that will catch the ball. The likelihood of getting two good runners is slim to none but you should be able to grab one.

Cz
07-19-2012, 06:47 PM
You never know, there are still those RB's out there that can play, McCoy, Foster, Gore, Forte and Rice are all beasts. and Lynch can be when he goes BEASTMODE. But he just got a DUI last night so who knows how that will go.Yeah, I agree there are still a decent number of workhorse guys, but they're much thinner on the ground these days. So once you're outside the first couple of rounds you're reduced to taking backs who split carries every week with one or two other guys, and those types of players are annoying as hell in fantasy. Those are the sorts of backs you'd be putting in the flex spot, and I'm not sure they're a good option compared to another wideout or TE. If you could get three solid runners on your team you'd be pretty stacked though.

escobert
07-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah that is very true, there are more productive WRs and TEs out there than someone in a committee backfield.

The Captain
07-19-2012, 09:04 PM
The reality is that the NFL is a passing league now. Unless you have a Top 5 pick, taking a QB or WR in the first two or even three rounds is a wise move.

Take care all.

escobert
07-19-2012, 09:15 PM
we all say it's a passing league now and watch the Jets come out with tebow and throw 5 times a game and win the superbowl somehow. *

* I don't want this to happen but or see it happening but, I would laugh my ass off if it were to.

The Captain
08-02-2012, 04:14 AM
I guarantee the Jets will not be winning the Super Bowl this year. I'm not sure this team makes it out of training camp in one piece, they may break out in to an offense-defense civil war.

Also, what's the latest on draft dates? Still would really prefer it on September 2nd......

Take care all.

Raistlin
08-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Sorry for the disappearance. I had the bar exam, and then vacation so I wasn't online much. I am inclined to change the draft date to that last weekend, as I haven't heard any objections yet.

Also, we still have a couple of spots open. I'll give the returning players the rest of this week to sign up before giving away their spots on a first-come, first-serve basis. Let me know if you're interested.

EDIT: Del, could you sticky the thread?

The Captain
08-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I guess that's a legit excuse.....

But, seriously, if we only find one more team, what about making it a 12 team league and adding that flex option to give us another spot to draft to compensate for the slightly smaller league?

Take care all.

Raistlin
08-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Two quick announcements:

1. We currently have 12 players (or will, once the 12th registers), which leaves us with two potential openings. They are open to any newcomers, who at least have a basic knowledge of football and a willingness to keep up with the league (which basically involves checking your roster once a week).

EDIT: I should add that these positions are only open for another couple of days. After that, I'll lock the league at 12 members.

2. I changed the draft date to September 2nd, and only then (of course) received some objections. We're currently contemplating changing the draft date to Tuesday, September 4th, around 8-9 EST. The people that have responded so far are in support.

Raistlin
08-22-2012, 04:40 AM
Consider this a last call for any new or returning players to join up. I'll leave sign ups open for another 48 hours before closing the league at 12 players.

Del Murder
08-22-2012, 07:16 PM
I prefer the Sunday draft day but I can do Tuesday as well. 9pm EST preferred. Definitely cannot do it any later than 9/4 since I have to go get married.

escobert
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Well that's no excuse!

Raistlin
08-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Seriously, who picks marriage over a fantasy football draft? That's even lamer than my excuse last year, which was a hurricane.

Del Murder
08-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Well I can probably do it before the ceremony since I think the venue has wifi.

Jowy
08-25-2012, 06:57 AM
Why the hell not! There's a pretty high chance of not being able to build my fantasy hockey team again this year so I'll need something to follow this winter. :aimcool:

Raistlin
08-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Sorry, Jowy, but signups closed the other day, and adding you would result in an uneven number of teams (13). However, as I hadn't gotten around to creating the draft order yet, if you can quickly find a 14th team member, I'll probably let you in.

Jowy
08-26-2012, 02:19 AM
I don't read dates on posts. :( No worries!

Raistlin
08-27-2012, 04:47 AM
As Jowy is apparently not joining us, I have determined this year's draft order using my annual mystic process involving tea leaves and chicken intestines. The first pick went to... none other than Del Murder!

The rest of the draft order:

1. Oakland Enforcers
2. Rivers of Failure
3. Aerith's Crabs
4. Vermont Greenscums
5. Jon Hamm's Pigskin
6. Carpieburgh Steelers
7. Metal Bubble Slimes
8. Fighting Combatants
9. ed's Angels
10. Los Banditos
11. Call Me Maybe
12. Sandwich Minutes

Del Murder
08-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Is Foster the consensus first pick? He seems pretty good.

Raistlin
08-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I thought it was Ricky Proehl.

Del Murder
08-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Well yeah, I meant for the number 3 pick after Ricky Proehl and Ryan Leaf.

Raistlin
08-28-2012, 10:47 PM

A friend of mine added the above picture as his FB profile pic. The baby is tagged as "Every Jets fan during the 2012 season" and the patch of empty field on the right is tagged as "Tebow's favorite receiver."

escobert
08-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, I'd rather have Tebow than a dirty Sanchez. At least Tebow will do EVERYTHING in his power to win. I say let the guy play. He's done nothing but be positive when everyone wants to throw stones at him, he works hard and gives it his all every play. Does he screw up? Yeah he does. But I've seen Brady make some shitty throws before. And I bet if tebow got hit he wouldn't whine and cry to the refs, he'd get up and play some more.

Raistlin
10-05-2012, 03:45 AM
For any league member who sees this first, please check the league's Yahoo page. And proceed to yell at me for being a dunce. And then laugh at me for the amount of work I have to do.

Del Murder
10-05-2012, 05:15 AM
You dork.

escobert
10-06-2012, 02:18 PM
wtf you suck I lost the players I had picked up!

Raistlin
10-06-2012, 05:53 PM
That's why you actually need to post in the Yahoo league thread so I can fix it. :p

escobert
10-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Yes, I see where everyone posted. But, you forget I'm a stupid stoner and don't remember who played what week or anything.

just make me 0-4 I really should have lost last week!

Raistlin
10-07-2012, 08:45 PM
I can make it so your prior points were at least close, even if it's not an entirely accurate lineup. But more importantly, I do need to know who should currently be on your roster that isn't. If you made any pickups in the prior weeks that you want to keep, you need to let me know ASAP (and who you dropped).

escobert
10-07-2012, 11:53 PM
I think my roster is pretty close. I picked up the one guy I could remember having.

eestlinc
10-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Can you work it out so I win week 4 when you rerun the stats? Maybe leave my week three kicker in or something.

Raistlin
10-13-2012, 03:11 AM
I'll see what I can do. :p

And sorry for not getting more done with redoing the early week stats. I did not get home until after 10 PM the last two nights. They aren't going anywhere, but I'll still try to have them done next week for the sake of convenience and so everyone will be in their proper spot.

Agent Proto
10-18-2012, 03:30 AM
I like being in second place, even though that's probably not my actual place, I'm probably in 6th place if everything is corrected. Though, I do hope you get the line-ups corrected asap.

Del Murder
10-29-2012, 06:13 PM
This is the best team I've had in a long time. With Foster, 2 of the top 5 QBs, and pretty decent receivers I think I can go far.

Next week is another tough set of byes, but with Houston feasting on the Buffalo Bills it should be ok.

escobert
11-04-2012, 10:59 PM
My team sucks as always and the roster mess ups didn't help anything :p

escobert
11-11-2012, 08:09 PM
anyone else having trouble loading the league today?

Del Murder
12-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Both playoff games have been pretty close and are coming down to Monday's game. Had the seeds been different, that wouldn't have been the case!

escobert
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Had no idea I was in a consolation game. Awesome had two players on IR out there -_-

Del Murder
01-15-2013, 05:21 AM
Congrats to our most handsome winner in years. :smug: