PDA

View Full Version : Favorite EoFF Moments

Trumpet Thief
07-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Through the glorious history of this very fine (and fun) forum, what are some of your favorite online moments that you've amassed at this place?

For me, The Ciddies of '04 were great since (if memory serves me correctly) they were my first. As well, things like the 'Eizon' project and the various Elections (might be dreaming some of this stuff up) were all a blast.

So what about you guys?

Sidenote: I love you Loony Bob

Freya
07-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh hi there Trumpet Thief Welcome back!

I really enjoyed candlejack. That and "The Party" in the elect

Trumpet Thief
07-09-2012, 01:18 AM

I really enjoyed candlejack. That and "The Party" in the elections of.... 0..5?

What is/was candlejack, if I may ask?

Edit: Not sure why my post cut ou

Pike
07-09-2012, 01:18 AM
I was rather fond of the last Ciddies because I won a whole bunch of them. (Also I ran them. And Aexoden from chat crashed them. It was fun.)

ReloadPsi
07-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Future Esthar and Serapy's theories about Final Fantasy VIII being set in the same universe and Chrono Cross and every continent in the world taking place in different periods of time.

Also that one meetup I managed to attend in 2007. I hope there will be more.

Agent Proto
07-09-2012, 01:21 AM
The Eizon Project from the very start was one of my favorite moments as well, considering that I was half responsible for its creation. :)

Trumpet Thief
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
The Eizon Project from the very start was one of my favorite moments as well, considering that I was half responsible for its creation. :)

I didn't forget that! The original idea was yours (if memory serves me correctly). I'm not entirely sure how long the whole thing lasted, but it was definitely a blast during its full duration.

Argh, I'm terrible at multi-quoting, but Future Esthar deserves to be a Nobel laureate for his FFVIII theories.

Jinx
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
That one time when Iceglow made up an idiotic story about how he banged some chick to sound cool.

oh, wait

um

Freya
07-09-2012, 02:35 AM
CandleJack was a halloween event in like.. 06? I forget. It was several years ago. Whenever you said candlejack in a post candle jack kidnapped you and you were put into a group who only had permissions to post in one subf

Hollycat
07-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Mafia.

that time I convinced you all I was a boy

pictionary. Why didn't it finish?

All the ciddies

the events where we change everyones name

that time I had admin powers for that one day in august 2012 (hint hint)

The pony thread.

Quindiana Jones
07-09-2012, 03:49 AM
Jiro going insane. Thingfish's bastard riddle. Owen Macwere doing all my sigs. Steve ripping into Warren and Michael. Probably some others.

Sephex
07-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Watching some FFVII debate spiral down to the point where people were aggressively debating the material of Vincent's coffin based on the sound file that played when it opened/closed.

As a whole, this past half year or so I have had more fun on here than anytime I was active/semi active in the past! :)

Shlup
07-09-2012, 08:15 AM

I really enjoyed candlejack. That and "The Party" in the elect

I'm going to have to second Candlejack. That was really fun.

Monumental Breakdown in Staff Protocol was also fun. April Fool's Day hasn't been the sa

Freya
07-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Oh it wasn't really a "moment" but Paul's EoFF RPG (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/125814-eyes-final-fantasy-baotw-forever-its-eyes-final-fantasy-rpg.html) was great! I played it twice :D

Jiro
07-09-2012, 10:40 AM
The first CK Contest. Eizon in all its incarnations. Thingfish's riddle. Future Esthar in his entirety. The elections where I ran the Apocalypse Party. G13's Effef. Most things at EoFF are fantastic. Good memories. I love Trumpet Thief. Write that fucking story you bastard :argh:

Psychotic
07-09-2012, 10:58 AM
So there was a thread about EoFFers you've spoken to on the phone, and a young lad thought "Oh, why not" and posted his telephone number on Eyes on FF.

My number is wow you guys really want craig's number? also why the fuck haven't i won the highwind for like 6 years you useless sacks of crap :colbert: i hate you all. just sayin'. what's the worst that could happen?

EDIT: okay somebody just phoned me, made a bunch of kissing noises or something and then said "this is the worst that could happen" they said something else too but i didn't catch it because i was scratching my ear, then they hung up:greenie:

Old Manus
07-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Belto Maxson
Kathryn/ff babe
The April Fools' when we CSS'd various threads
Something Awful

More to come.

Psychotic
07-09-2012, 11:04 AM
The April Fools' when we CSS'd various threads
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/mashup.jpg

We made EoFF beautiful. The staff were kind of blagged too but assumed cl_out did it, as I recall.

DK
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
hahaahah ahah oh man that was my favourite April Fool's. Especially when flying mullet blagged the front page so if you clicked it somewhere you went to a neverending loop of Shoden or something like that.

Loony BoB
07-09-2012, 02:00 PM
#eoff in late 2000 and early 2001
The first three or four Ciddies
Monumental Breakdown in Staff Protocol
Stuffed Regis/Unner
Eyes off Final Fantasy
Eizon
Reading about Mills Day from various perspectives
BOU's random threads
My first meetups with EoFFers in NZ
W-Boats, back when they did stuff and weren't on staff, because they certain made it interesting that way.
Bleys vs. Unne
Random Mass Bannings
Getting Knighted
RSL Day
The Great Oh My God Some Oldbies Just Posted Thread (basically an effort to get as many of the oldbies to post as we could)
EoFF Sniper (back when he first started)
EoFF on Something Awful
Wolf Kanno being Wolf Kanno in the gaming forums
EoFF RPGM2K games (and Mulley's java game)

Stuff like that.

Jessweeee♪
07-09-2012, 02:29 PM
I really liked that ciddies where we made all of the smiley towers that was a lot of fun. Also Mafia all the time.

:save:
:save: :save:
:save: :minicid: :save:
:save: :save:
:save:

Jiro
07-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah that one Oldbies thread where like 20 guys showed up was awesome. A couple even stuck around for a while!

Old Manus
07-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Mulley's java gameOh my God

Tigmafuzz
07-09-2012, 03:30 PM
I never did find out Spatvark's secret.

Agent Proto
07-09-2012, 05:02 PM
I also want to add running the Video Game Babes of the Week for almost an entire year at General Gaming Discussions forum was pretty fun, then I get to start a small band of misfits collecting pics and doing contests as the Babekeepers was fun until it started not being so fun. :P

theundeadhero
07-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I never did find out Spatvark's secret.Only the dead know Spatvark's secrets.

In 2005 when I was elected Pope of EOFF and then the spread of Ciddism, followed by Joy leading a revolution and Genius Lynx making several awesome gifs to go along with it.

Candlejack was during 2007 h

Trumpet Thief
07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh man, reading through all of the replies, I completely forgot about the 'Staff Breakdown' April Fool's prank. Awesome stuff there.

And RSL day could have been the greatest day of all time.

Sylvie
07-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Mulley's java gameOh my God
holy f*** can we still play this s***

escobert
07-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Joel's introductions to newbies
Mullets game
BAoTW randomness
#piratewing when we first started it.
The Gang
Eizon

Shiny
07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
The first EoFF Mafia hosted by Levian where we played under our own accounts
The party wars between The Turks (I was on this side) and the other groups
Psychotic's EoFF based video game
DeathKnight's fried chicken and koolaid post and his subsequent PM's to me (I guess cuz I said I was black some where)
Shlup and Psychotic's EoFF Sims threads
Usernoting with Rantzien, kikimm, Lunarweaver, and Tempest
Usernotes in general ;__; I miss
2005 when everyone thought I was a guy despite having F in my profile for the longest this may have lasted till 2008
2006 when people thought that was me in my signature "Dude that's Beyonce...dude that's Battle Royale...dude that's Amerie..."
Trolling Bunny on #tot
Caraliz flipping out in #eoff
People's reactions to The Man, PiP nudie pics
"Oh Resha can you not see..." poem
Christmas' HATE

Del Murder
07-09-2012, 11:23 PM
EoFF Elections (mainly the repo man one, the Secret Elitist Party one, and the first JLI one)
The Spam Brigade
How Della Got His Groove Back
World's Greatest Thread
Winning Best Member
Writing all my EoFF song parodies
a vey odd poem by auron
Fantasy Baseball and Football
Mafia, both hosting and playing
Candlejack
EoFF Gang Wars
Making Cid's Knight and then Admin
Eyeson's Next Cid's Knight
Monumental Breakdown of Staff Protocol
MBSP Part 2: Raistlin's Revenge
Winning Best Admin like 5 times
Going to SE's offices to play FFXIII-2
Meeting the love of my life (saved the best for la

Hollycat
07-09-2012, 11:24 PM
The Spam Brigade
How Della Got His Groove Back
World's Greatest Thread
Winning Best Member
Writing all my EoFF song parodies
a vey odd poem by auron
Fantasy Baseball and Football
Mafia, both hosting and playing
EoFF Gang Wars
Making Cid's Knight and then Admin
Eyeson's Next Cid's Knight
Monumental Breakdown of Staff Protocol
MBSP Part 2: Raistlin's Revenge
Winning Best Admin like 5 times
Going to SE's offices to play FFXIII-2
Meeting the love of my life (saved the best for last)

She's looking over your shoulder isn't she

Agent Proto
07-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Nah, it ought to be a given for him anyway. :P

Cuchulainn
07-10-2012, 01:24 AM
I don't have any.

I do have a few questions though.

Does Sylvie have a penis? I've no idea what's going on with that one.
If Not is Steve aware of this? He'd be all over it.
If Old Manus English or Welsh? He says Welsh but he acts English.
Is Shlup Divorced yet? Sick of this waiting tit.
If not anyone else want some? I don't have the charm od Steve (who does) bt I scrub up reasonably well & I'm, willing to pay for a meal up to the price of £5.00 (thats $7.76).
Do people still talk about Final Fantasy Here or is it all now attention whorish teens inventing sob stories in EoEo and Psychotic talking about Andy Carroll?
Is Quin still an afrotastic white fella?
A dumbbell fell on my toes last week & now my toenail is a mix or black, blue & grey should I see a doctor?
Is Julians saliva still over every female here?
Does Steve use it as a lubricant?
Is Mike still the greatest New Zealander ever?
Is Dak Still the greatest aussie ever?
Is Kent still banned so he cant see that & cry?
Is Wesley still the lovably self righteous & self important twat that he is?
Shiny has recently stated he/she is not a man, is there proof of this or will i file him/her along with that Sylvie as a 'dont know'
Is foa still the greatest human on earth?
Who wants to collect my pension?
Do you believe in an interventionist god?
Will this ever end?
No?
Fack Aff.

Bored now, that killed a few moments while the film downloaded. Later

Pike
07-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Every time Cuch posts it's my favorite EoFF moment.

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2012, 01:37 AM
I don't have any.

I do have a few questions though.

Does Sylvie have a penis? I've no idea what's going on with that one.
If Not is Steve aware of this? He'd be all over it.
If Old Manus English or Welsh? He says Welsh but he acts English.
Is Shlup Divorced yet? Sick of this waiting tit.
If not anyone else want some? I don't have the charm od Steve (who does) bt I scrub up reasonably well & I'm, willing to pay for a meal up to the price of £5.00 (thats $7.76).
Do people still talk about Final Fantasy Here or is it all now attention whorish teens inventing sob stories in EoEo and Psychotic talking about Andy Carroll?
Is Quin still an afrotastic white fella?
A dumbbell fell on my toes last week & now my toenail is a mix or black, blue & grey should I see a doctor?
Is Julians saliva still over every female here?
Does Steve use it as a lubricant?
Is Mike still the greatest New Zealander ever?
Is Dak Still the greatest aussie ever?
Is Kent still banned so he cant see that & cry?
Is Wesley still the lovably self righteous & self important twat that he is?
Shiny has recently stated he/she is not a man, is there proof of this or will i file him/her along with that Sylvie as a 'dont know'
Is foa still the greatest human on earth?
Who wants to collect my pension?
Do you believe in an interventionist god?
Will this ever end?
No?
Fack Aff.

Bored now, that killed a few moments while the film downloaded. Later

Yes.
Yes.
Welsh.
Not divorced, although we haven't heard from her husband in years so he may be dead.
You had me at "willing to pay". :blush:
Wolf Kanno does most of the work. Psychotic is an enigma.
I'm whiter now that I don't have an afro.
May as well.
Not just his saliva.
Yes, but not with Julian's permission.
Yes.
Yes.
*shrug*
Lovably?
Shiny is Beyoncé.
No. foa transcended in April.
You need to work before you can get a pension, paddy.
Yes. foa transcended in April.
No.
Correct.
Oh bugger, I was wrong.

ReloadPsi
07-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Oh, and that Generation Game hosted by Garnie, in which contestants were given links to image generators and had to come up with the best answers. The rules were quite lenient on how much editing you could do to the source image too. I remember I swept most of the competition and then had a major upset loss in the final, though sadly I can't remember who it was that beat me as it was a few years ago. It was so fun, and a rather original contest. Well, to me; I'd never seen one like it before.

Shorty
07-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Forcing a harem of EoFF men to grow their beards out for my pleasure. :love:

Jiro
07-10-2012, 05:56 AM
I forgot about EoFF Sims. That was smurfing magical.

Tigmafuzz
07-10-2012, 07:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BTEOU.jpg

Trumpet Thief
07-10-2012, 07:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BTEOU.jpg

D'aww :blush:

Jiro
07-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Oh hey does anyone remember that time we got Linus a job and then he stopped fucking posting and didn't even say thank you!?

Old Manus
07-10-2012, 10:29 AM
He says Welsh but he acts English.I've never been so insulted in my life.

Del Murder
07-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Oh hey does anyone remember that time we got Linus a job and then he stopped fucking posting and didn't even say thank you!?
Linus died, man...

Shorty
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
And then he got banned.

krissy
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
he still posts

just only on facebook or whatever

was that the bank job? his new job is better anyway. the bank job was kind of stupid. "whooo i'm a walking billboard." glad he's not doing that anymore.

my fave memory of eoff was when i cried after watching Avatar in 3d in front of undeadhero, kc, and jojoy

Freya
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Bahhaha. I forgot we saw that. Going in there tipsy was a mistake when we saw it in 3D. Man that effed with my eyes.

Sephex
07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I just remembered another one. I doubt anyone will remember this. Around ten years ago, some Slipknot fan was being annoying a pushy about his love of the band. edczxcvbnm sarcastically wrote in all caps "SLIPKNOT RULES."

Only he broke the limit on how big the font could be. I'm not kidding when I say that you would need a 10x10 monitor just so see the first letter.

Del Murder
07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
EoFF Oregon Trail is actually making its way up the list as one of my favorite things.

Parker
07-10-2012, 06:30 PM
This is recent and no one cares but asking Psy to change Depression Moon's name to Depression Mom was the best thing I've ever done both online and irl

Loony BoB
07-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Oh man, I forgot Backstabbers, one of my favourite ever EoFF events.

EDIT: And Dwarf Fortress! And X-Com, while it was actually being ran properly. And Sims, while it kept going. And Gang Wars, of course.

theundeadhero
07-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I have a lot of other great fun moments.

~Before every year was RSL day for the anniversary when it was either a gender-swap day or we turned everyone into a version of Dr Unne.
~Threatening to turn new members into cakes and pies in their newbie thread and after getting enough posting a recipe with them as ingredients.
~Being SS back when it was Baloki, Flying Mullet, Spatvark, and me when SS not doing anything was a joke between us instead of the general memberbase taking it way too far. And blaming BoB for everything. I think the members getting a hold of the SS not doing anything joke was all BoB's fault.
~Being a part of the EOFF Newsletter when it was new.
~Making the EOFF choose your own adventure book/website where if you went the wrong way a member of the staff murdered you.
~Writing and posting original songs for the second EOFF CD that was never produced :p
~Team ExDee (Still a secret to everyone)
~Usernotes with kikimm, Resha, Psy, and Meat Puppet
~Being JLI in a certain elections.
~Making SS (and SSS)/Recognized Member/CK.
~Waiting for BoB to take breaks in the Ciddies so I can post "brought to you by X" commercials.
~Running the EOFF ciddies Predictions
~EOFF C.S.I.
~Somewhere along the way winning the RSL Model Staff of Excellence Award and still not having any idea when I won or how I won it :confused:

Loony BoB
07-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Your Team exDee thing reminded me of the forum raids we did back in the day, including that RE forum where we were the zombie vegetables. That was amazing. I'm tring to remember the name of the one where there were no mods. It was Team [something]... I forget. :( I want to go and check it out, but it's probably not a domain that is being paid for anymore anyway.

Jiro
07-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Oh hey does anyone remember that time we got Linus a job and then he stopped smurfing posting and didn't even say thank you!?
Linus died, man...

FUCKING GOOD, UNGRATEFUL PUMPKIN THAT HE WAS.

Cloud's Modern Life by Garnie was p. fucking excellent as I recall. I think it was Garnie, at least.