PDA

View Full Version : A Jar Full of Change

Pike
07-09-2012, 01:25 AM
I have a blue plastic jar that I am slowly filling up with coins that I get back as change or whatever. My plan is to fill it up to the top and then take it to the bank and cash it in. It's slow going because I use my debit card most of the time so I don't end up with change too often. But it's, oh, about a fifth full, and it's pretty heavy.

Have any of you guys done this? What was the result? :kakapo:

Alpha2099
07-09-2012, 01:30 AM
For years, we had a huge glass jar in my house where we would save up loose change. Once it got full, we counted how much was in there, and from that we bought Kennywood tickets. No joke. That was our Kennywood jar. I have my own jar of change, but it's purpose is mainly to hold quarters for the laundry machine.

Sephex
07-09-2012, 01:33 AM
I have this Halo tin that I got from somewhere that I keep change in. I use the money for laundry and other odds and ends.

Jinx
07-09-2012, 01:45 AM
I have a jar like this.

It's called my cup holder in my car.

Hollycat
07-09-2012, 01:50 AM
I have a human skull with a hole in the top I keep quarters and dimes in. It's pretty much full, but I really don't want to break it open. Only problem is, it can take five minutes to pull a quarter out without breaking it.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2012, 02:16 AM
I hate using real cash so I don't ever get change. Fuck that noise.

Faris
07-09-2012, 02:25 AM
I have one of these. (http://toronto.lowprice.ca/_images/toronto/1390386_s.jpg) Last year it was filled to the bottom part of the label and had over $500 in it. It's half of that now.

Freya
07-09-2012, 02:41 AM
I have a jar that counts my money as I put it in. I am a high roller change collector :cool:

Tigmafuzz
07-09-2012, 04:51 AM
I have separate jars for pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. I also have a small collection of currency from other countries, antique coins (with American coins separate from the others), one of those booklets for the fifty different "state" quarters completely filled with the exception of Hawaii, and and a handful of silver dollars. I also collect bottle caps and empty bottles (for arts and crafts, because I have the mind of a child) as well as soda tabs, "purty rocks," shot glasses, salt and pepper shakers, bugs that I've stuck in medicine bottles and frozen (I like to pull out a dead spider or wasp or something every now and again and prank people with them), all kinds of computer parts, guitars, swords, knives, guns, all manner of tools, artwork (mostly my own, though), textbooks and encyclopedia sets, origami, LEGOs, cookbooks, and dice. A lot of dice.

Miss Lady Shelly
07-09-2012, 05:25 AM
When i was younger i had one of them old coke bottle banks.. till it cracked from being to heavy filled with coins.. now its just a small metal jar.

Rantz
07-09-2012, 07:32 AM
36408 36409

I had a damn lot of money in those things! Unfortunately, rather than spending them on some fancy vacation or something (which they would have covered) I had to use them to pay rent and food after I graduated. :(

Shlup
07-09-2012, 08:14 AM
I've been doing this for years. The result is that I have seven piggy banks that are quite heavy. One is Pikachu.

Bunny
07-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I have about 50$ in change in a box near my desk.

Jiro
07-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Got a small little tin that smells like candy and once I had about $100 worth of small change. It's really small so I dunno how I got that much. I generally fill it up two or three times a year assuming I don't get robbed too frequently.

Tigmafuzz
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
One is Pikachu.

I want a Pikachu piggy bank :whimper:

Versaille
07-09-2012, 03:59 PM
I love change! But I don't put them in piggy banks. They go straight towards soda money.

We have a penny jar at my parent's house that has been collecting since I was a kid. We kind of forgot about it and stopped adding too it.

Shlup
07-10-2012, 06:49 AM
One is Pikachu.

I want a Pikachu piggy bank :whimper:

My homies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/IMAG0321.jpg

Jigglypuff isn't a bank though.