PDA

View Full Version : Tips? Tricks? Secrets?

Freya
07-09-2012, 08:33 AM
I've never played Tactics Advanced. I'm going back and playing a lot of older games lately if you can't tell heh. I'm pretty horribad at tactics games which is why i've avoided these ones for so long.

Is there any secrets or tricks and yes please tips, that you guys can share?

OMG IT'S SO ADORABLE. And this was funny.

Jiro
07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Ninjas are OP. You really want to make Marche a ninja asap so he can get some awesome speed boosts and double sword to deal all the damage. If he's weak, then the game isn't going to be fun for you!

Be liberal with law cards. You get a lot of them. I find the anti law cards are really the best though, as the game is RACIST and never red cards any enemies :(

Wolf Kanno
07-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Whatever the law is, make sure Marche follows it. Its not a big deal for other characters to be sent to prison, but if Marche is sent, it's an automatic game over so be careful cause the game likes to make sure the more offensive law (that is an automatic red card for law breakers) tends to screw Marche.

Definetly play with all the races but here is some advice:

Humes and Viera are pretty broken, their jobs and skill combos pretty much allow them to be the most dominating forces of all the races.

Bangaa are the physically strongest race, but also incredibly slow... If you plan on using one, I highly recommend starting them as a White Monk and leveling in that class for awhile because it gives them the best speed stat growth and makes them useable in actual battles.

Nu Muo are the magically strongest race, but are also incredibly slow so you may need to level them as the Morpher class for awhile until their speed gets up to par.

Moogles are just fun :mog:

Be very careful about the mission items. Many of the items are needed to access other missions and some items (like Black Thread) can only be obtained a limited amount of times so if you need to clear out your inventory of mission items, you may need to consult a guide to see which ones you should hold onto.

The Thief class is your best friend. Since abilities are learned based on equipment a la FFIX, a thief who can get you more equipment is super useful.

Fight the random clans. They are like random encounters but since trying to do link battles on this game was a pain in the ass back when the GBA was actually popular, these random battles are the only real means you have of getting the Mythril gear, which are needed to learn the Limit Break style Combo skills for your classes.

Hollycat
07-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Keep Marche Physical, do not try to level up members in jagd

Freya
07-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Okay so get bunny ladies and Marche and moogles? :D I CAN DO THAT! And make Marche a ninja? Also I named my Clan, Clan Socks.

Hollycat
07-10-2012, 01:05 AM
believe it or not, there are missable characters who are more powerful than other regular characters.

Jiro
07-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Clan Socks ftw! These "missable characters" aren't really all they're cracked up to be. Well, I mean they are, but it's too much effort and too much information for you to digest at this point. Just build your clan however you like and have fun!

qwertysaur
07-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Pay close attention to the laws, because they change constantly and you don't want to break them.

There are several great combos you can make on characters. For example an Assassin with concentrate is really good at slitting throats.

Undead units have a timer when you reduce their HP to 0. When that timer runs out they will revive. You must use the abilities Burial (archer ability) or Exorcise (white monk ability). You can use these abilities on their corpses for a 100% success rate, otherwise these abilities will almost always miss.