PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Bucket List

Wolf Kanno
07-10-2012, 04:09 AM
So last night in my playthrough of FFI, I was finally able to cross off something I've wanted to do for ages in the game, and that was take on Warmech and win. So last night, my Master Monk and Black Wizard squeaked by and survived the ordeal. I hope to complete my next thing I've always wanted to do, which was beat the NES version of Final Fantasy I. So this thread is about things you've been meaning to do in an FF game.

FFI:
Beat the NES version
Get to Lv. 50 in NES version
Do the White Mage challenge

FFII:
Play the original Famicom version
Get Ultima maxed out
Fight and Win against the Iron Giant

FFIII:
Play the original Famicom version
Beat the Original Famicom version without Sage/Ninja party or FEOK
Obtain FEOK
Unlock all the side content on the DS version of the game
Beat Iron Giant (DS)
Get Lv. 99 for every Job class for every character (DS)

FFIV:
Get Adamant Armor
Get to Level 99 with my final party (SNES/PSX/Super Famicom)
Obtain all equipment and items (PSX/Super Famicom)
Obtain all Onion Gear in FFIVDS
Beat Geyon and Proto-Babil (DS)
Finish The After Years

FFV:
Get my party to Lv. 99
Do a No Job Class challenge
Do a Low Level No Job Class Challenge

FFVI:
Do a CES Challenge
Do a Natural Magic/ No Esper challenge
See all ending variations
Beat Kefka with an Imp party
Do a low levels natural magic CES challenge

FFVII:
Obtain the Parasol without cheats/rapid fire controller
Obtain all equipment/Materia
Get a complete set of master materia for every character
Do a No Materia Challenge

FFVIII:
Obtain every Triple Triad card
Get 100 Ultima/Flare/Holy/Meteor for every character
Obtain every blue magic
Play Chocobo's World
Master Armageddon Fist

FFIX:
See the different ending variation
Get every Tetra Master card
Get Excalibur 2
Get Everyone to Lv. 99

FFX:
Complete the Sphere Grid for every character
Complete and beat the Monster Arena
Get all of the Celestial Weapons
Learn not to slam my head in a wall every time Yuna says or does something stupid
Get 100% on FFX-2

FFXI:
Finish the storyline someday

FFXII:
Obtain every piece of equipment
Beat Omega Weapon Mk.XII
Get everyone to Level 99
Obtain a second Zodiac Spear
Play the International Version
Finish Revenant Wings

FFXIII:
Get every Trophy/Achievement
Never play it again

Final Fantasy Tactics:
Get every item/equipment
Get a full roster of level 99 characters with all jobs max out (Including story characters)

Tactics Advance and TA2:
Same as Tactics
Complete all Missions

Mystic Quest:
Finish it

Dissidia and Duodecim:
Get 100% Completion
Finish those missions I was designing.

VeloZer0
07-10-2012, 06:57 AM
I think meaning to do is a bit of a strong term for a lot of these, more they are things that I would like to have done.

FFI:
Beat on the original NES version.

FF2:
Beat it without stat growth manipulation (not likely)

FF3:

FF4:
Stat max out all characters on DS version
Do all DS extra content
Beat Japanese SNES Hardtype version
Play GBA version

FF5:
Play GBA version

FF6:
I think I have accomplished everything I want with this one. (Aside from playing it a few more times.)

FF7:
Stat max out Cloud for sure, possibly two other characters.

FF8:
Never play this game again.
Beat the game. (This seems to be in conflict with goal #1)

FF9:
Playthrough with different characters than I normally use.

FF10:
Complete all ultimate weapons
Complete content in International edition

FF12 & 13:
I don't think I have any more to do with these ones.

FFT
Start and complete multi-player content.

Karifean
07-10-2012, 10:55 AM
FF7
Beat Emerald and Ruby WEAPON without KotR or Mime.
Do a speedrun.
Max out everyone's stats.

FF8
Defeat Omega Weapon.
Learn Shock Pulsar.
Max out everyone's stats.
Do a normal, sane run through the game (drawing like 10-20 of every spell and not with all 3 chars)

FF9
Defeat Ozma.
Get Excalibur II.

FF10
Defeat all the Dark Aeons and Penance Zanmatoless.
Max out everyone's stats (including Luck).
Get a perfect Sphere Grid.

FF10-2
Learn every job ability with everyone.
Get multiple Iron Dukes.
International
Capture and complete every fiend to get the Shinra ending.
Defeat Strongest Shinra and Major Numerus with YRP without Miracle Drink.
Get the ultimate team to defeat Major Numerus in less than a minute.

FF12
Defeat Yiazmat and Omega Mk. XII - obtain the Wyrmhero Blade.
Get the ultimate equipment for everyone.
Obtain multiple Zodiac Spears.
International
Get the International version ... (with English patch)
Obtain Seitengrate.
Complete everyone's unique License Board.
Complete Trial Mode and defeat the Judge Magisters (which are apparently the hardest bosses in all FF?).

FF13
Nothing.

FF13-2
Get and beat all DLC. (probably won't be doing that)
Get full information on every monster.

Rantz
07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Mine is gonna be pretty straightforward. :p

I: Play and beat NES version.

II: Null

III: Beat it... I guess

IV: Beat original version

V: Play it :(

VI: Beat it.

VII: Replay, replay, replay. Nothing in particular I feel the need to complete that I haven't.

VII Compilation: Play them... I guess

VIII: See FF7

IX: Replay a million billion times. Get Excalibur II... I guess.

X: Complete stat maxing (well in progress).

X-2: Beat it... I guess

XI: Play it

XII: I've only beat this once and the only thing I "completed" was the licence board... so complete everything else.

XIII: Play it

XIII-2: Play it

XIV: Play it

Tactics: Play it :(

Mercen-X
07-13-2012, 12:53 AM
FFI:
Beat the NES version... do the OPS versions count since they aren't remakes and had nothing added/subtracted presumably?
I've owned the OPS version for about eight or nine years and I've never completed it.

FFII:
For vatum above^.

FFIII:
Play the game. I own a DS but haven't picked up a copy of the game.
Beat the game.

FFIV:
For vatum FFI^.

FFV:
For vatum FFI^.

FFVI:
For vatum FFI^. I know. I am so the opposite of a hardcore gamer.

FFVII:
Let me see. What haven't I done? I've seen what happens if you let the timer run out on the first reactor. You die.
In the remake of FFVII, they should let you buy at least two flowers from Aerith if you choose. Then you give one to Tifa and one to Marlene. I've seen the individual reactions. Ahem.
I used both dialogue reactions when Tifa asked "How did you sleep?" I wonder if answering with the Tifa dialogue lends itself to furthering the Tifa-Cloud...
Does the party selection for fighting HO512 lend itself..?
I believe I've tried losing all the Condor fights.
I've tried losing all of the Large Materia. The rocket still only dents the meteor.)))
Okay, I guess the first would be to see the Barret/Yuffie-Cloud dates.
Obtain all S-Class items in the Chocobo Races. I don't know if I've already done this.
Beat the Arena while the spinners are "unbeatable" (i.e. 1st spinner only Magic Materia, 2nd spinner only Accessories, thus no "Cure" or "Lucky 7" or spinner repetition)
Is there a cheat for getting a red/green/white chocobo?
Test the glitch where Diamond WEAPON disappears/refuses to appear.
Defeat Emerald/Ruby.
Obtain both sets of Master Magic, Master Summon, and Master Command.
Master all of the Enemy Skill materia.
What's this about Materia Blend?
Obtain 3 Gold Chocobos (breed the first two then obtain the 3rd. Ditch the Wonderful Chocobo for Stables room).
Lv99 every character (harder to do with Aeris, I usually don't count her. I once considered trying to obtain 99 Great Gospels, but that's too much work for absolutely no payoff)
Read the novella... beat Crisis Core, play Before Crisis...
View these scenes in context: case of denzel - Bing Images (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=case+of+denzel&qpvt=case+of+denzel&FORM=IGRE)

FFVIII:
Obtain every Triple Triad card (works for me). Probably never happen.
Obtain every blue magic
Play Chocobo's World... (doesn't this require that weird mini-console that acts as a memory card..? Didn't they stop making this because it sucked..?)
Master Armageddon Fist..? I don't think I know what this is.

FFIX:
See the different ending variation..?
Get every Tetra Master card
Get Excalibur 2...
Get everyone to Lv. 99

FFX:
Complete the Sphere Grid for every character
Complete and beat the Monster Arena
Get all of the Celestial Weapons (Lulu being the only one I never got, I can't time 99 lightning strikes... more than 3-4 is usually a problem.)
Get 100% on FFX-2

FFXI:
I suppose I'd like to try playing it... but I don't want to pay repeatedly to play the same game.

FFXII:
Obtain every piece of equipment
Beat Omega Weapon Mk.XII
Get everyone to Level 99
Obtain a Zodiac Spear
Play the International Version
Play Revenant Wings

FFXIII:
Play it. and Versus. and Agito/Type-0 (do you think they named it the latter because they felt agito to be a typo? lol)

Final Fantasy Tactics:
Get past the first player-controlled battle. I neglected to save, died, then refused to once again see through the half-hour of unskippable dialogue and tutorial-battle at the beginning.
Get Cloud.
Get Cloud's Materia Blade.
Get Balthier in WotL.

Tactics Advance and TA2:
Play it.

Mystic Quest:
Never heard of it, but play it anyway.

Dissidia and Duodecim:
Get 100% Completion

Play Final Fantasy Adventure (I'm pretty sure this was how they named Advent Children... Adventure Dren...)

Yeargdribble
07-14-2012, 12:35 AM
I've pretty much raped the crap out of all of these games... especially the early ones.

Nothing left

FFI:
I've done pretty much all the things that people have mentioned including getting max levels on the original NES version and beating WarMech. I've played (and still own) pretty much all of the releases since and will probably grab it again on iPad one day when I'm bored.

FFII:
Beat a ROM NES version of this long ago and have beaten the re-releases, but never did that extra little thing in Dawn of Souls and don't know if I care enough to.

FFIII:
Beat the NES version AND got a group of 4 level 99 fully equipped onions knights including a total of 8 swords and 4 shields in the even that I cared enough to give them dual wield (pointless considering they were hitting for 9999 one-handed from level 85). Currently playing the iPad version and working on maxing out job levels and hoping to make a complete file of it.

FFIV:
Beaten the original multiple times and got full Adamant for my party on the GBA version. I guess I never finished the DS one even though I own it... didn't care for it much. Got the complete collection PSP last year and still need to finish it and The After Years.

FFV: Finished and beaten to a pulp on SNES ROM. Also maxed all jobs on the GBA version. Nothing left to do with that one except wait for yet another release of it (fingers crossed)

FFVI: This is the one I really tore apart as a kid. Had everyone level 99 with all magics learned. I was super hardcore. Did low level runs until I got the proper espers to max out my stats as much as possible. Really hoping they re-release this one in the future again.

FFVII: Finished it including Emerald and Ruby and a ton of maxed out Materia. Even got Aeris' final Limit Break as well as getting Omnislash on disc 1. Pretty done with this one until a major re-release.

FFVIII:
Beat it with all final weapons and a full collection of Triad Cards as well as all of the other stuff you'd expect.

FFXI:
Done everything except Excalibur II. Full collection in Tetra Master and totally finished hot & cold, etc. Beat Ozma... handily.

FFT: Beaten, full part of max level with lots of people maxed on all jobs... that whole dark dungeon thing too... Would like to do it again on iPad though.

Stuff left to do...

FFX: This one only barely fits as I got all the ribbons I could as well as all ultimate weapons in the original US release. I would like to play an international version, or better yet at this point, a re-release to tackle Dark Aeons.

FFX-2:
Actually play and finish it.

FFXI: I did pretty much all the content in FFXI up until the last bits of Wings of the Goddess. Not sure I'll even hate myself enough to finish the content, though I have played a little on a private server and see myself finishing the content that way if ever.

FFXII:
Loved the combat in this game, specifically hunts. This was the first game for me to not really max out all of my stuff or do anywhere near all of the content. I'd really like to in the future, but I'll probably hold out for some re-release at this point because it looks like garbage on my TV. Vita would be awesome if that were possible.

FFXIII and XIII-2: Actually play and finish them.

FFTA:
Played a ton but never beaten. Probably do it with the help of emulators and frame skipping at some point in the future. The pacing was much worse than FFT.

FFTA2: Never got far for some reason. Need to finish it.

I also need to finish any other side stuff like Crisis Core.