PDA

View Full Version : Rep v ciddies

blackmage_nuke
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM
If you had to choose between never being nominated for another ciddie or never getting another rep, which would you choose?

Jiro
07-11-2012, 03:22 PM
None of us can win against Pike anyway. Ciddies can go. I had my time in the sun anyway! Rep, on the other hand, rep is an ever evolving beast. Every ten points I get a new "title" and every rep comment is a little treasure for me to hold.

blackmage_nuke
07-11-2012, 03:25 PM
THis has been bugging me since rep came it but how do we see our titles!?

Jessweeee♪
07-11-2012, 03:29 PM
You can only see it in certain forum skins. Looking at your profile, there should be a green square (or maybe a lot of green squares!) under your name. Hover your mouse over it and the alt text is your title.

Jinx
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
THis has been bugging me since rep came it but how do we see our titles!?

Got to your profile, and there will be a little green tally (or more) underneath your username. Just roll your mouse over it.

blackmage_nuke
07-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Thank you both, I now have a new way to judge people I dont know!

Im all for finding out the titles as you go along but ive missed every title up until the one I have now!

Jiro
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I know for a fact that one Loony J BoB is in possession of The ListTM but I have not as yet devised a way to retrieve it from him. I do recall a list being posted once in the staff forum, but alas...

theundeadhero
07-11-2012, 04:07 PM
?

I've had far more than 10 posts repped but I'm still rocking the one little green square. I'll take ciddies any day.

Jinx
07-11-2012, 04:07 PM
?

I've had far more than 10 posts repped but I'm still rocking the one little green square. I'll take ciddies any day.

You get a new green square after 100 reps.

theundeadhero
07-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Rep, on the other hand, rep is an ever evolving beast. Every ten points I get a new "title"[...]ummmm

Jiro
07-11-2012, 04:11 PM
The alt text for the green square changes every ten points. The squares show up every hundred points. Fucking psychotic

blackmage_nuke
07-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I think we should get a square for every ten posts, and mouseovering each square should show the title of that square so we can see past titles.

Shorty
07-11-2012, 04:36 PM
What? Jiro, you are a criminal. The Ciddies are a tradition.

Jinx
07-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I think we should get a square for every ten posts, and mouseovering each square should show the title of that square so we can see past titles.

That many squares....where would we put them?

blackmage_nuke
07-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Stick it under the statistics in the "about me" tab!

Cuchulainn
07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Both are pretty fucking pathetic if you ask me. They both pander to the needy, the arrogant & the attention whores.

Jiro
07-11-2012, 04:50 PM

Everything's a tradition given time and the right mindset. Besides, my choice has nothing to do with the rest of the members. You can still win Ciddies! My only involvement is a week of madness writing speeches and then 24 hours madness trying to post the fuck out of the revelations thread. I couldn't even get nominated for the gimmick award named after me! :shobon:

Jinx
07-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Everything's a tradition given time and the right mindset. Besides, my choice has nothing to do with the rest of the members. You can still win Ciddies! My only involvement is a week of madness writing speeches and then 24 hours madness trying to post the smurf out of the revelations thread. I couldn't even get nominated for the gimmick award named after me! :shobon:

No one made you write 50 speeches!

Also, I nominated you for like, everything.

Jiro
07-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I only wrote* 25 thankyouverymuch. :colbert: At least getting rep doesn't take any effort on my part. I make posts, I get rep, my e-penis expands.

*Wrote meaning anything I was in part affiliated with or responsible for.

Sephex
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I only wrote* 25 thankyouverymuch. :colbert: At least getting rep doesn't take any effort on my part. I make posts, I get rep, my e-penis expands.

*Wrote meaning anything I was in part affiliated with or responsible for.

I can get behind the e-penis.

EDIT: Wait, that makes no sense. Damn you, lack of sleep!

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2012, 09:45 PM
I think I've jumped the shark when it comes to Ciddies, so I'll stick with rep.

Agent Proto
07-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I don't always win a Ciddie, but when I do, I only win Best RM/FS.

Giving up my Ciddies, I prefer the reps.

Pike
07-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Rep is like mini-Ciddies all year round.

Quindiana Jones
07-12-2012, 12:48 AM
What with me being a jaded misanthrope now, my chance at winning the cool Ciddies is long gone. Rep is something any idiot can get.

Trumpet Thief
07-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Psht, can a fake online reputation system even compare to a fake online shiny trophy? I don't think so. :colbert:

escobert
07-12-2012, 01:58 AM
Well since I never get any ciddies anymore anyways I'd stick with the rep :p not that I get much of that either xD

Loony BoB
07-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Getting rep is something that can be replaced with people simply saying "Great post!" in Visitor Messages. The Ciddies have been around since the early days and getting one is like having your name printed into the history of EoFF. I'll opt for keeping Ciddies for that reasoning. That isn't even considering the community involvement and the boost in activity that the Ciddies provide, whereas reps don't provide any kind of public community development I can think of.

Trumpet Thief
07-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Getting rep is something that can be replaced with people simply saying "Great post!" in Visitor Messages. The Ciddies have been around since the early days and getting one is like having your name printed into the history of EoFF. I'll opt for keeping Ciddies for that reasoning. That isn't even considering the community involvement and the boost in activity that the Ciddies provide, whereas reps don't provide any kind of public community development I can think of.

I'm sorry Loony Bob, but I have no choice. I'm going to have to 'rep' this post.

Jinx
07-12-2012, 02:43 PM
For me, I'd rather keep the Ciddies.

I have a lot of rep for the short amount of time I've been here, and that's cool and fun. But I've only been around for the one Ciddies, and I swear...best use of a Friday EVER.

Sephex
07-12-2012, 02:54 PM
For me, I'd rather keep the Ciddies.

I have a lot of rep for the short amount of time I've been here, and that's cool and fun. But I've only been around for the one Ciddies, and I swear...best use of a Friday EVER.

Agreed. I had work the next day so I was forced to sit at home. Usually those type of Fridays are booooooring. That night was awesome.

Slothy
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM

Jesus, I thought it seemed to take a lot longer than other forums I've been on which must be more lax with the requirements. 2.5 years after the first time I received rep here and I'm only 4 away from a second bar. I can only assume you got to two so fast for being unequivocally more awesome than me Ms. Boobs. Either that or it's from having a name which can be formalized as Ms. Boobs.

Jinx
07-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Jesus, I thought it seemed to take a lot longer than other forums I've been on which must be more lax with the requirements. 2.5 years after the first time I received rep here and I'm only 4 away from a second bar. I can only assume you got to two so fast for being unequivocally more awesome than me Ms. Boobs. Either that or it's from having a name which can be formalized as Ms. Boobs.

I prefer Miss Boobs.

Slothy
07-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Not quite as formal sounding but I can roll with it Miss Boobs.

NorthernChaosGod
07-12-2012, 07:54 PM

Has anyone actually ever done that?

Jiro
07-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Great post! Great post! Great post! Rep encourages people to make more humorous or constructive or intelligent or informative or helpful posts. The Ciddies encourage everyone to spam and pretend to be involved in the EoFF community.

Tigmafuzz
07-13-2012, 01:05 AM
But the Ciddies are a tradition, Jiro. You can't be so quick to drop a tradition. Unless it's a stupid tradition. Like the running of the bulls.

Sephex
07-13-2012, 02:35 AM
Great post! Great post! Great post! Rep encourages people to make more humorous or constructive or intelligent or informative or helpful posts. The Ciddies encourage everyone to spam and pretend to be involved in the EoFF community.

I R THE POSTER.

Shiny
07-13-2012, 02:53 AM
I like giving reps more than I like nominating for the Ciddies, so I'd take rep. But the results of the Ciddies are more fun.

Bubba
07-13-2012, 03:07 AM
I vote we keep them both. Rep and Ciddies forever.

It is akin to being serviced two or three times a week and then having a full blown orgy twice a year.

Quindiana Jones
07-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Without Sylvie around, sometimes it is literally that.

blackmage_nuke
07-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Im astounded at how many people didnt read the opening post, im wasnt asking which should we get rid of, im asking if you had to personally give one up which would it be? So the orgy would still happen, but you have to sit in the corner and watch.

Trumpet Thief
07-15-2012, 02:33 AM
I would probably get rid of reps. No insult to them or anything (they are very cool), but the festive spirit of the Ciddies will always win out.

Tigmafuzz
07-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Im astounded at how many people didnt read the opening post, im wasnt asking which should we get rid of, im asking if you had to personally give one up which would it be? So the orgy would still happen, but you have to sit in the corner and watch.

Ohhh. So the question is if both rep and the Ciddies were still going, but you could only participate in one, which would it be? I would take rep, then. I'm glad the Ciddies go on, but I don't ever really play a part in them anyway.

Bubba
07-15-2012, 11:05 AM

I did read it and I voted to get rid of rep.

NorthernChaosGod
07-15-2012, 11:43 PM

These people never do.