PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon TCG

DarkBahamut
07-13-2012, 04:47 AM
The Pokemon Trading Card Game....Kills YuGiOh's TCG.

Recently, me and my bro have started playing it again and have lost a lot.
Would anyone mind giving me all their cards if you don't want them? :D

Oh, and discuss.

Hambone
07-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Still got dat base set holographic Charizard. If only it were a first edition...

I stopped collecting around the time when the 3rd gen cards were released, but I do have a pretty nice collection of first and second gen holos.

Alpha2099
07-13-2012, 05:18 AM
I have a pile of Pokemon cards laying around somewhere. That was all the rage when I was in elementary school. I never knew how to play the game, I just liked collecting them.

qwertysaur
07-13-2012, 05:51 AM
I remember playing the Game Boy game very fondly. :p

Alpha2099
07-13-2012, 05:53 AM
As do I. But I only played through the first two generations. Since I was slow in getting a GBA, I never really got excited about Ruby and Sapphire and every iteration from there on.

qwertysaur
07-13-2012, 05:57 AM
As do I. But I only played through the first two generations. Since I was slow in getting a GBA, I never really got excited about Ruby and Sapphire and every iteration from there on.
Not the main series (which you should pick up again, Black and White are amazing!)
This is what I'm referring to. :p
Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Trading_Card_Game_(game))

Tigmafuzz
07-13-2012, 06:03 AM
I had the Pokemon Trading Card Game on Game Boy for a while, and then started getting into collecting the cards and playing against people for a short while. But it got old kinda fast. Plus I don't really like it as much now that there are way too many pokemon.

DarkBahamut
07-13-2012, 06:26 AM
So...anyone wanna mail me theirs :D

Tigmafuzz
07-13-2012, 06:31 AM

You know what? If I can find them, sure.

DarkBahamut
07-13-2012, 06:32 AM

You know what? If I can find them, sure.
YES, PLEASE. hahah

Anyways, what are your favorite decks to use? (i.e. Fire, Water, Grass)

Tigmafuzz
07-13-2012, 06:41 AM
I always used to use a psychic and grass deck when I actually play other people and I had a ridiculous strategy for the Game Boy game:

I would only have a few potions, a couple Poke Ball cards, a few Exeggcutes and a couple Exeggutors, and a bunch of grass energy. Then I would evolve my Exeggcute as soon as possible, attach as many grass energy as I could, and keep using Big Eggsplosion. The outcomes of the coin flips were predetermined, so I would usually get anywhere from 7 to 9 heads out of 20 before I won every match. The only time I didn't use that deck was against the fire club and the fire grand master guy.

And I would save before every match, so even if I lost (which was rare) I could just restart and try again from that exact place. Good times.

DarkBahamut
07-13-2012, 06:45 AM
(Note: I only play with the 2 Base, Jungle, Fossil, and Team Rocket sets. Pokemon hasn't lived up to its old days.)

Me and my brother currently duel each other with a Psychic/Earth deck and a Water/Grass deck.

Tigmafuzz
07-13-2012, 06:52 AM
I don't know what any of those sets are. I was never as big on the Pokemon TCG as I was into Magic.

Alpha2099
07-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Not the main series (which you should pick up again, Black and White are amazing!)
This is what I'm referring to. :p
Pokémon Trading Card Game (game) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Trading_Card_Game_(game))
Oh yeah, duh. That's what the thread is about, after all. LOL.

DarkBahamut
07-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I always wanted a limited edition, holographic Charizard, but it used to be $250 at one point. Crazy enough, it still costs $45 and more at some places.

Pike
07-14-2012, 12:41 AM
I still have most of my Pokemon cards. Also I loved the heck out of that Pokemon Trading Card Game Boy game. Even if it was too short. It had some glorious music though. Dat Imakuni, and dat leader battle:

VgMHWxN2U_w

escobert
07-14-2012, 04:39 AM
I still have all of mine and that is a lot :p
I would part with them for a price :p

Tigmafuzz
07-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Dat Imakuni

That fucking weirdo.

http://i.imgur.com/ibcUR.png

DarkBahamut
07-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Meh :( I'm broke as a joke! Can't you let a fellow EoFFer some cards that are not in use anymore? haha