PDA

View Full Version : Celes and South Figaro

blackmage_nuke
07-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Was the nature of Celes' betrayal ever discussed in the game? I though maybe she began expressing anti empire sentiments which lead to her being branded traitor but if that were the case, then she would probably be locked up in a prison in Vector as Kefka was. So either her change of heart came some time during the siege of Figaro (Ie the time it took to get from Figaro through MT Kolts to the Returners hideout) in which case what could have happened at these times to lead to her imprisonment (being general it is assumed either gehstal, kefka or leo had to be there to outrank her) or some series of events after her betrayal lead her to South Figaro.

THEORIES AND EXPLANATIONS PLEASE!

Spooniest
07-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I always had the idea that she tried to warn Doma about the impending invasion, as she says so much to the guard while being beaten.

Wolf Kanno
07-16-2012, 02:09 AM
She was originally meant to be a spy but they changed that before the game was finished. Though they kept part of it to get rid of her. I feel the warning Doma is probably the best solution, though part of me is curious to see what it was like when she torched Maranda and actually cared about the Emperor's goal.

Jiro
07-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Yeah I really am stumped as to why she was in South Figaro. Maybe she was discovered on a boat stopover?

qwertysaur
07-16-2012, 06:34 AM
She could have been sent on a mission without knowing where she was headed. When she found out the target was South Figaro, thinking the empire was betraying it's ally (not knowing of what happened in Figaro) she refused to attack and was imprisoned.