PDA

View Full Version : July Gaming Competition: a lesson in why you shouldn't let Vivi22 pick the games

Slothy
07-15-2012, 09:03 PM
It's that time again folks. And since no one made any suggestions last month, I chose a game to punish you all:

We're going with the NES version of Ghosts 'n Goblins. The rules are simple: top score wins. You can take the screen shot from the main menu after you die. You also have to start every attempt from the beginning of the first level, and each attempt ends after you lose your initial lives. No continuing here guys.You have until Sunday, July 29th to get your entries in.

I'll edit in the current standings when I'm home later. I also want to do something different because I don't want to have to come up with the game for next month. This time the winner will pick the game. If they fail to get back to me in time for the next competition to start promptly though, I will make you all suffer.

Bubba
07-16-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm having this!

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2012, 12:28 AM
I want to make a suggestion for the next game. Lightning Force for the Sega Genesis.

Pike
07-16-2012, 01:27 AM
I've never played this but I'll see about picking it up for emulator.

Slothy
07-22-2012, 02:52 AM
After doing a few runs tonight I'm going to change the victory requirement since there's no way to take a screen shot of the level you died on. Instead we'll go for top score overall, but every run must be started as a new game and ends when your initial lives run out. Of course, we're on the honour system there, but I trust all of you guys, even if I probably shouldn't. I'm editing the OP to reflect this.