PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Habits

Shorty
07-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I have to fall asleep with the tv on. Doesn't matter what it is as long as it's low volume, but I've slept like that for years and if I try to change it up, I'm awake all night. I tend to sleep on my right side and I can't fall asleep comfortably in clothes or pajamas because they're so smurfing suffocating :argh:

What are your sleeping habits, EoFF? Do you have a specific position or side of the bed you prefer? Do you need music or the lights on? Can you pass out anywhere?

Jinx
07-15-2012, 11:50 PM
You know who has the most fucked up sleeping habits on here? Freya.

I usually go to bed around midnight and wake up at about 6 or 7am. I can fall asleep with music on, with the tv on, sitting up, laying down, in bed, on the floor, on the couch, in a chair, with the light on, with the light off, with a sleeping partner, without a sleeping partner.

The one fucking thing I need to properly sleep at night though, is like, 3 fans. If I don't have a wind tunnel going on in my room, I can't sleep at all.

Oh, and I sleep naked.

Trumpet Thief
07-15-2012, 11:52 PM
It takes me about 2/3 hours to fall asleep. Stupid insomnia. :(

Bubba
07-15-2012, 11:56 PM
My sleeping habits are awful. It takes me ages to get to sleep unless I'm absolutely shattered. I like to have the TV on as well. If sleep in total silence then my mind will start racing with ridiculously random thoughts. I have a few shows/films that I can put on which will help me sleep.

I have to sleep in the nud as well because I get ridiculously hot in the night. Even in the winter.

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2012, 12:01 AM
I prefer to fall sleep on my left side, but I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere, in any position.

Faris
07-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Growing up, I've never been able to sleep in complete darkness unless someone else was in the room with me. I need to be able to see every corner of the room or else my head decides to mess with me and it helps me calm down after a nightmare so I have the TV on muted with dimmed settings. What I wear to bed depends on the temperature and how I lay depends on what's comfortable that night.

Raistlin
07-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I always have difficulty falling asleep. I need a fan or something to provide background noise; pure silence will keep my brain too active. I also prefer sleeping nude for comfort and because I can't sleep if I'm hot.

Bunny
07-16-2012, 01:02 AM
I have to be dead tired in order to fall asleep. I also need to be laying on my stomach with my left arm bent underneath me to prop up my left side and my right arm straight underneath me in a way that props me up slightly less than my left side. My head, specifically the area surrounding my ear has to be covered by the pillow case of a pillow (but not by the pillow itself) and I have to have a sheet or a blanket covering my legs up to my knees, if not further than that. My feet have to be crossed at the ankles and I have to be wearing socks and, occasionally, a shirt depending on how hot it is. I also have to be wearing shorts or pants of some kind. If any one of these things is off, ever so slightly, it is impossible to go to sleep. Oh, and this does not always work because it has to be the exact right spot, so I shift uncomfortably several times before falling asleep in order to find that sweet spot.

If I happen to wake up in the middle of the night (which happens often because I shift in my sleep) then I'm more or less smurfed depending on how much sleep I have gotten. If more than 2-3 hours, then I am awake for at least another hour or two. If less than 2-3 hours, then I can typically fall asleep easier than before in around 10-15 minutes. However, if at any time I get out of bed then I am awake all night.

I'm probably forgetting something but this is roughly how my nights go and is the principle reason I go to bed around 3-4 every night.

Raistlin also reminded me of another thing! I absolutely have to have a fan blowing on my face and shoulders at all times during the night. This usually means that I have to have a fan pointed directly at me that is placed around a foot or two away.

Edit: I keep remembering more things. My head has to be faced left. This is because I used to have to sleep with music and my had to have one earbud in my left ear (with nothing in my right).

Jiro
07-16-2012, 01:10 AM
I can generally sleep absolutely fucking anywhere. I slept upside down in a lounge chair once, I used to regularly sleep on cold tiles, my car has become a bed several times and I discovered a relatively comfortable way to sleep on planes. However I generally sleep better with a little background noise so music/tv is very helpful.

Pike
07-16-2012, 01:25 AM
I need earplugs.

I usually fall asleep on my stomach or side. It's impossible for me to fall asleep on my back, but I've woken up on my back before.

Madame Adequate
07-16-2012, 01:30 AM
I need to have something running to sleep, either a fan or a computer or something along those lines. I just need some noise!

Hollycat
07-16-2012, 01:30 AM
I can't fall asleep without playing some violin music
also feet must be sticking out from under covers.
Fan must be on

Madame Adequate
07-16-2012, 01:33 AM
I need earplugs.

I usually fall asleep on my stomach or side. It's impossible for me to fall asleep on my back, but I've woken up on my back before.

She also needs a pillow on her head! Apparently I've got a habit of replacing it if it falls off, even if I'm asleep.

And she hits me in the face, too.

Pike
07-16-2012, 01:34 AM
I need earplugs.

She also needs a pillow on her head! Apparently I've got a habit of replacing it if it falls off, even if I'm asleep.

And she hits me in the face, too.

At least I don't grope the person in bed with me while they're asleep! :colbert:

Madame Adequate
07-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Your point is... that I'm alpha enough to feel you up even when I'm asleep? :jokey:

Freya
07-16-2012, 01:51 AM
You know who has the most smurfed up sleeping habits on here? Freya.

:shifty:

I go to bed anywhere from 4-7am, then I usually wake up due to coughing after like 3 hours then back to sleep and I sleep in till about 2pm. I then proceed to nap if I have time usually about 2-3 hours after I've been up.

I have to have a fan on and lots of blankets. The blankets make me hot so I require a fan! But I have to have lots of blankets. And I can't have light. And i have to be dead tired. 'Cept for naps. I can nap whenever. But i can't go to bed? I love sleep but hate going to bed.

Shorty
07-16-2012, 01:54 AM
I forgot to mention that I squirm around a lot finding a comfortable position. A lotta lotta squirming.

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Lots of nude sleepers here. I actually don't like sleeping naked, it's too uncomfortable for me.

Miss Lady Shelly
07-16-2012, 01:56 AM
I have a bad habit of sleeping on my remote for my tv, a mini spiral notebook, and my glasses.. every morning i find myself sleeping on one if not all three at the same time.

Sephex
07-16-2012, 03:50 AM
I get about 4 to 5 hours a night if I have work the next morning. Otherwise, I sleep the average time.

Jowy
07-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Mostly the same as everyone here already posted. Side sleeper, some sort of white noise in the background, head becomes part of pillow sandwich, nude sleeper, always need a blanket even if it's like 30 degrees in my bedroom. I'd sleep with a blanket over my head, but my face gets too hot and I have trouble breathing underneath it. Tempted to take the CPAP I have on my desk at work home for a night and see if the cool air blowing on me helps at all.

Jiro
07-16-2012, 05:05 AM
Either I was really drunk or Shorty is lying.

Mirage
07-16-2012, 05:17 AM
I don't have sleeping habits, it seems. If I did, there probably would have been a sort of pattern in when and for how long I sleep.

Shorty
07-16-2012, 06:07 AM

Lying about what!

Shiny
07-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Lots of nude sleepers here. I actually don't like sleeping naked, it's too uncomfortable for me.
Same here! I absolutely cannot sleep naked. If I go to bed naked I wake up a few hours later and put clothes on. I just cannot do it. I realize that it's mostly just paranoia. If a burgular comes in I'll be completely naked. I can't fight crime if I'm naked.

Also been told I hit people in the face in my sleep with my elbow or hand. Same as Pike I suppose. I don't remember any of this though. If I see a black eye I'll know.

Agent Proto
07-16-2012, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I don't feel comfortable sleeping in the nude either. I can go with just boxers, or some clothes, but not fully naked. It feels pretty awkward to me. I'm a side sleeper, since I feel most comfortable sleeping on either side of my body, and apparently I also like to sleep with some noise. If I happen to be dead tired, I can sleep without the noise as well.

Tigmafuzz
07-16-2012, 06:52 AM
I can sleep pretty much anywhere wearing pretty much anything. It's a skill I inadvertently developed while trying not to get mugged or kidnapped when I was a small child living on the street. I actually fall asleep wearing work clothes most of the time. If I even got dressed on that given day. And I can sleep in pretty much any position. Although sometimes when I'm having a good dream I knead my pillow like a kitty. Pathetic.

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2012, 10:32 AM

Lying about what!

Probably sleeping naked. You totally had clothes on when you were asleep.

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I sleep standing up, butt naked, facing the open window with my hands on my hips.

Shorty
07-16-2012, 04:29 PM

Lying about what!

That's why I couldn't get comfortable and kept squirming around and waking him up!

Shattered Dreamer
07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
When I was unemployed I had the worst sleeping pattern ever. I used to stay up until 4am most of the time & then couldn't get up until after midday.

Now that I'm working I'm keeping much better hours so it's up about 8am & in work by 9am. The only problem is my bed time hasn't really improved much. In my heart of hearts I know I should be trying to go to bed around about 11pm but to be honest it's always 1am-1:30. This has resulted in having to leg it for a bus on more than one occasion :/

I can't wear anything but boxers while I sleep either because it's really uncomfortable. Sleeping naked is great too but I don't do that a lot because I'm paranoid of someone walking in & my bed covers have a nasty habit of finding their way to the floor :lol: Given that I grew up in the countryside I prefer to sleep in total darkness but I've lived the best part of the last 7 years in a city so I adjusted to a having background noise.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-16-2012, 05:23 PM
I can fall asleep on the couch easily, and if you're there, you become my pillow.

I don't care if I'm drooling on you, don't smurfing move, I'm comfortable.

As far as bed, I sleep naked or in underwear. I put off a lot of heat, so any extra layers make me feel smothered. I do like blankets in the winter though.

I'm a night-groper from what I've been told. So, y'know, fair warning if you wake up with my morning wood on your thigh. I'm sure it's mostly unintentional. :shifty:

I can usually fall asleep on either side or my stomach, but sometimes to sleep I have to adopt my Wile E. Coyote position.

I think I mentioned this somewhere before. I start on my stomach with my head facing right, no pillow. My left arm sticks straight out from my shoulder, then making a 90 degree turn at my elbow towards my feet. My left leg is straight. My right arm comes straight out from shoulder, but makes a 90 degree turn up at the elbow. My right leg is picked up, so it looks like it's coming straight out from my waist, then it also makes a 90 degree turn at my knee down towards the foot of the bed. I need a pillow under my right leg.

It's Wile E. Coyote, because from above my body matches the outline he makes in the earth every time he plummets off a cliff.

Sephex
07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
I forgot to add vital information to this thread. I am also a nude sleeper. I also have a cat that rubs all over me when this happens.

escobert
07-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Sleep anyway except on my back, I prefer to have a TV or radio on. and I don't care what side I'm on.

I sleep in my boxers or basketball shorts. and a t-shirt in winter. Also I go to bed between 9:30 and 10:30 on weeknights and whenever I feel like passing out on weekends. Sometimes I hate working at 5 am.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-16-2012, 05:25 PM
I forgot to add vital information to this thread. I am also a nude sleeper. I also have a cat that rubs all over me when this happens.

Remind me never to pet, or nuzzle your cat.

Pike
07-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Ah, I left out what time I go to bed. I am apparently an anomaly in that I try to get a full 7+ hours of sleep every single day, and I'm pretty good at succeeding. This is odd enough to most people that it takes doctors and nurses by surprise when they ask how much sleep I'm getting and I tell them 7-8 hours all seven days a week.

I adjust my bedtime and wake-up-time according to whatever job I have at the moment. Currently I'm at my earliest shift yet: it starts at 4am. So I go to bed between 7-8pm and wake up at 3am. Yup.

Slothy
07-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh, and I sleep naked.

Well, looks like I'm not getting any work done for the rest of the afternoon. The thought of naked Boobs is just too distracting.

Personally, I go to bed around 10-11:30 most nights and try to get a minimum of 7 hours. I can only sleep on my side or back, and even then, only on my side if I'm really tired. I only sleep in a pair of boxer briefs, and in summer I need about 15 fans going simultaneously to keep me cool enough to not wake up drenched in sweat if I manage to sleep at all. The only other thing I tend to do is either snuggle my wife for warmth in the winter or hold hands/fingers in the summer because it's too warm for more contact than that.

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2012, 11:56 PM

Lying about what!

That's why I couldn't get comfortable and kept squirming around and waking him up!

I don't know what you're talking about, I'm pretty sure I slept like a rock.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 03:30 AM
Wait, what? You didn't stay the night with us! Or do you mean when we hung out with Justy last year, cause I KNOW I squirmed you awake then!

fire_of_avalon
07-17-2012, 03:37 AM
I wear pajamas like a sane person, because like Shiny, I cannot fight crime naked. What are you guys gonna do when you get burgled? Also my sensitive parts would be sensitive. Also I go to sleep at a reasonable time and usually fall asleep in about five minutes. I don't have secret sleep positions or requirements other than normal temperature. You're all a bunch of pantywaists.

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 04:09 AM
You're all a bunch of pantywaists.

I am going to use that insult often.

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2012, 09:36 AM
The fewer clothes I am, the better at fighting crime I become. Nudity is my ultimate form, because at that point I am wielding a weapon.

Shlup
07-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I sleep with a fan on. Other than that it's whatever.

oddler
07-17-2012, 10:25 AM
I can sleep pretty much anywhere but I'm a very light sleeper, generally. Movies are great sleepaids.

Sephex
07-17-2012, 05:32 PM
I wear pajamas like a sane person, because like Shiny, I cannot fight crime naked. What are you guys gonna do when you get burgled?

If you are a guy like me you jump up all and down to make your ding dong flop everywhere. Start screaming like Humphry Bogart in a grindcore band, but sing the lyrics to Full House or something. Then suddenly stop, try to look as evil as possible and ask, "Are you proud of what you've become?"

sharkythesharkdogg
07-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I wear pajamas like a sane person, because like Shiny, I cannot fight crime naked. What are you guys gonna do when you get burgled?

If you are a guy like me you jump up all and down to make your ding dong flop everywhere. Start screaming like Humphry Bogart in a grindcore band, but sing the lyrics to Full House or something. Then suddenly stop, try to look as evil as possible and ask, "Are you proud of what you've become?"

I'm pretty sure Bogart was the first vocalist for Pig Destroyer.

NorthernChaosGod
07-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Wait, what? You didn't stay the night with us! Or do you mean when we hung out with Justy last year, cause I KNOW I squirmed you awake then!

Yes, then. And I don't remember that, so :p

fire_of_avalon
07-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Here are some fucked up things I've been doing in my sleep.

Waking up bowing up my torso and or with my arms out.
This morning I woke myself up talking in a strange high pitched voice.
Yeaterday morning I woke myself up hissing.

Bubba
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Here are some smurfed up things I've been doing in my sleep.

You need to stop eating cheese before bedtime, Megan.

Slothy
07-18-2012, 01:04 PM

I think I've seen this movie. The priest dies in the end right?

Shattered Dreamer
07-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Here are some smurfed up things I've been doing in my sleep.

As strange as it is waking yourself up doing that, I imagine it would be a lot worse to be woken up by somebody beside you doing those things :lol:

Versaille
07-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Been sleeping on my tummy lately. For pretty much my whole adult life I've slept on my back. I also can't fall asleep without brushing my teeth or showering. I like to watch atleast 5 minutes of tele and have the fan on for noise and draft. heater for the wintertime. Also, naked with panties or a baggy t-shirt. My hair has to be off my neck as well, anything on my neck bothers me.

Hollycat
07-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Ok, I've been awake for three and a half days now because of the birds, so add sleeping habits: none
to the list.

Tigmafuzz
07-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Been there, HC. Although not due to birds. Usually I just don't feel like getting in bed because I know I won't want to get up and might stay there forever.