PDA

View Full Version : EoFF's Ultimate Super Special Awesome Karaoke Round 1!!!!!

Wolf Kanno
07-16-2012, 03:13 AM

It's time to get this party started. Sorry for the delays, but the technical problems have been swept under the studio rug. So it's time to get this party started with our first round:

The Contestants:

Freya ~ Bohemian Rhapsody (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29631253/Bohemian%20Rhapsody.wav) - Queen :freya:

Agent Proto ~ It's Not Unusual (http://www.muziboo.com/prootz/music/not-unusual-karaoke/) - Tom Jones :count:

Jiro ~ I'm Sexy and I know It (http://db.tt/J38vqim4) - LMFAO :jiro:

Raistlin ~ smurf You (http://www.muziboo.com/raistlinknight/music/smurf-you/) - Cee Lo :objection:

Tifa's Boobs ~ It's Not for the Life of Me (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38564339/Tifa%27s%20Boobs%20Karaoke%20entry.wma) - Thoroughly Modern Millie :yamete:

Bubbaforever ~ Blackbird (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38564339/Blackbird.mp3):bowser:

DK ~ Duck Tales Main Theme (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38564339/karaokefirstround.mp3) :mamu:

Trumpet Thief ~ Call Me Maybe (http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/70240133/file.html) :zidane:

Shiny ~ Killing Me Softly (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25234720/killing%20me%20shiny.wav) - The Fugees :hat:

fire_of_avalon ~ Bad Reputation (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37959347/Bad_reputation.mp3.mp3) - Joan Jett :mymelmagic:

The good...er, tolerable people of EoFF will have one week to vote for their favorite entry. 36549

Each vote will count as 100 points,
which will go towards your final score and gain out fabulous prize!

Meanwhile for our contestants, we will begin with Round 2 as soon as I have the rules posted for it tonight in the main thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/143482-eyes-final-fantasys-ultimate-super-special-awesome-karaoke-thunderdome-dooooommmmm.html).

Shiny
07-16-2012, 03:27 AM
This is cutting into me watching Breaking Bad, but I just couldn't resist listening to 'em. Some won't load for me. Don't know why.

bubbaforever, sounds like you're playing the song? Impressive! Very cute voice and soothing.

Trumpet Thief...I just...I don't even know. :up:

foa, sexy choice. Love Joan Jett. Badass female singing badass song. <3

Duck Tales woo hoo! Best theme song ever. You don't even sound British whenever you do these things. Trust me, I have like three recordings of you singing karaoke.

Raistlin :colbert:

Raistlin
07-16-2012, 03:36 AM
Astute listeners may have noticed on some occasions where my singing was not entirely in line with the background music. These… variations, for lack of a better term, are not “errors” per se, but were instead my individualistic protest against the conventional musical paradigm. My style does not recognize traditional, constraining principles such as “timing” and “pitch” and “correct lyrics.” I hope at least some listeners are capable of appreciating the unique genius of my version of Cee Lo Green.

After recording, I realized that it was difficult to tell that I actually was saying “tit” instead of “s<i></i>hit,” as a further reference to EoFF’s totalitarian, oppressive censorship. At least, it is difficult to tell on the rare instance I was actually singing in line with the music.

I will try to listen to everyone else later tonight or tomorrow. I am especially looking forward to DK’s Duck Tales theme.

Raistlin :colbert:

Speechless, eh? It's ok, that's an entirely understandable reaction to such a work of art.

Trumpet Thief
07-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Freya: Great song choice, and you have a very nice voice. :)

Agent Proto: This song is, no lie, one of my three favorite songs, so you might automatically win. :p

Jiro: Almost died from the amount of swag in your performance.

Raistlin: Smurf it, you've got my vote. Haven't laughed so hard in a LONG time. Your grunts during the 'I was like why?' segments were fucking perfect.

Tifa's Boobs: Have never heard the song before but you also have a very nice voice. :)

Bubbaforever: From a purely musical standpoint, I think that you would win. You have a very nice voice, man. Nice guitar playing too (if that was you).

DK: You are my hero. You sounded so damn enthusiastic singing it too! :D

Shiny: Astounding voice and astounding song choice. You rock! :)

fire_of_avalon: Dittoing Shiny's comments. Absolutely badass. :)

Jiro
07-16-2012, 04:37 AM

Love from Jiro, and foa (who was too angry to sign it herself)

EDIT: and for those of you who aren't sure, I changed three lines in the song. The last is obvious, but the other two require visual aids.

"Loony BoB stops and is :stare:ing at me"

and

"NCG stops and is :smug:ing at me"

He's not checking me out, he knows we fly and gonna pick up :aimsun:

Raistlin
07-16-2012, 04:41 AM
Raistlin: Smurf it, you've got my vote. Haven't laughed so hard in a LONG time. Your grunts during the 'I was like why?' segments were fucking perfect.

Oh yes, I almost forgot about the ridiculous grunts. I probably should not have been masturbating while recording, but we all have to find our inspiration somehow.

Jiro
07-16-2012, 05:03 AM
I almost died when you started making those noises, Wes. I didn't know what to think, or to say, or to do!

Shiny
07-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Alright the Dropbox ones are working for me now just took some time to load. Listened to Jiro's and Freya's, but still can't connect to Tifa Boob's. My Macbook hates Windows Media Audio. :(

Freya, hahahah vocal guitar solo. :up:

Jiro, LOL. I hope you did the crotch dance along with this. Actually you know what, video of you singing this is necessary. And did you say "at the bleach?" <3

Forgot Proto, but that Tom Jones rendition hahaha oh man. I think anyone singing Tom Jones is amazing. I actually love Tom Jones don't give a smurf if this makes me a 60 year old haggard woman. He is boss.

Rantz
07-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Here's an EoFF hosted version of Tifa's Boobs' song for those of you who can't get it to load.

http://home.eyesonff.com/karaoke/2012/tifas_boobs-1.wma

Tigmafuzz
07-16-2012, 08:13 AM
And here's an mp3 version for Shiny. (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nhibqi9ntbzq7mj/V9PJKf79UZ/Boobs.mp3)

Shiny
07-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Thank you! She sounds like Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Cool! I think I'll place my vote now. :)

Rantz
07-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Just listened to all the entries. Y'all are some badasses! Now to decide whether to vote with my funny bone or my talent bone or my, uh, other bone. my distal phalange

Freya
07-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Agent Proto: Haha I love your song choice xD

Jiro: Omg dak :jess: I love your "rapping" And i love your lyric changes.

Raistlin: Lol yes those grunts Wes

Tifa's Boobs: Very good! MUSICAL. I'm not surprised. You sound like you could be on one! You sound like Mandy Moore on Tangled! :D

Bubbaforever: smurf you. You played the guitar there didn't you? smurf you. Stop being so talented.

DK: NICE! That's hilarious!

Trumpet Thief: Did you start of with "blah blah xD" I love this stupid addictive song so you doing it is awesome.

Shiny: Damnit, that song always gets stuck in my head. And now it is! Thanks! :p Good job though!

fire_of_avalon: This is a perfect Badass song for you FoA. It just cements it really. It was really entertaining, great job!

Bubba
07-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Nice guitar playing too (if that was you).

Cheers, yeah it was me playing.

I can't believe I've got work for another four hours before I'll be able to listen to everyone's songs. I tried to listen to one on my iPhone on my lunch but I was denied.

I'll be on it as soon as I get home. I can't wait for Duck Tales as well!

Freya ~ What a sweet voice! It had the air of a crazy person sat in a padded cell which I think made it sound all the better

Proto ~ This made me laugh! I really liked it!

Jiro ~ Brilliant! Dak simply brought it.

Raistlin ~ Oh my lord this made me laugh. Genius song choice!

Tifa's Boobs ~ I'm in love with Sam's voice. She's got an amazing tone... and boobs

DK ~ Simply outstanding. No duck is safe around the streets of Manchester.

Trumpet Thief ~ A brave choice! I'll definitely call you.

Shiny ~ Has a really nice voice! I'd like to hear you sing a capella.

FoA ~ Loving the attitude! Great song choice.

Sephex
07-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Agent Proto: I started to laugh immediately. I mean this in the best way possible.

Jiro: This is PERFECT for you. Also, this is how I imagined your voice sounding!

Raistlin: Another hilarious entry! I wish it was louder, though.

fire_of_avalon: Your singing voice and speaking voice is different. Anyway, I liked the rough cover of this!

Tifa's Boobs: Good singing voice! I do not know the song as someone said earlier, but you did a good job with it.

Bubbaforever: Man, you can sing. With better recording equipment, I probably would have thought you cheated and just posted the song clip.

DK: Hell. Yes.

Trumpet Thief: Another one that had me laughing. Again, I don't mean this offensively!

Shiny: You did a good job blending into the song. Like I said with Bubba, if you had better recording equipment (and with both of you that wasn't a complaint) it would have sounded professionalish.

I hate to be like "LOL EVERYONE IS AWESUM" but I was happy with everyone's entry depending due to certain aspect.

This was a tough vote, so I don't even want to say who I voted for to further my Swiss-like behavior.

Jiro
07-17-2012, 01:33 AM
Ten performers ten votes :( Needs more hype! I don't cast aside my pride and dignity so nobody can hear! HYPE HYPE HYPE

Agent Proto
07-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Ya'll better bring out the votes, or I'll sic mah boy on you, slackers!

Freya
07-17-2012, 04:11 AM
SEPHEX HATES ME. :(

Sephex
07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
SEPHEX HATES ME. :(

I don't know why I didn't copy paste you.

Freya: Your vocal styling of the internet's number one song was good listen. I was expecting a small piano to kick in too!

Miss Lady Shelly
07-18-2012, 06:23 AM
You guys were all great! it was a real tough choice on who to vote for.

Raistlin
07-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Raistlin: Another hilarious entry! I wish it was louder, though.

My separate microphone, which is older than dirt, wasn't working, so I was using only my laptop's in-built mic. This apparently required me to be within 6 inches of the mic and still wouldn't record much volume. I like to think of it as a subtle way of hiding how terrible I am.

I ended up voting for foa, because her entry was just brilliant and hilarious. Great song choice, very entertaining singing. Honorable mentions:

DK: I knew I would love this, and I did. Between the youthful enthusiasm and song choice, it was great.

Bubba: Just... fuck you. Fuck you, man. The rest of the men in this competition suck; where is the solidarity?

Fynn
07-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Tifa's Boobs - you get my vote! You have a beautiful voice! :love: Do you sing somewhere, like in a band, choir, theater or something? 'Cause damn, girl, talent's talent, but you need work to make a voice sound that good ;)

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Freya - Loved it!

Proto - No Workie.

Jiro - Smexy

Raistlin - Me likey

Boobs - You have the most adorable voice.

Bubba - Damn

DK - ef yes

Trumpet - Also could not view. Super upset because this is the best song. EVER.

Shiny - Pretty much nailed it.

foa - <3

Fynn
07-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Tifa's Boobs - you get my vote! You have a beautiful voice! :love: Do you sing somewhere, like in a band, choir, theater or something? 'Cause damn, girl, talent's talent, but you need work to make a voice sound that good ;)

Daw! You're gonna make me blush! :3

I did choir/musical theatre in high school. I haven't done it in 2 years, but yup! You guessed it. :)
Aha! Called it! :D

Agent Proto
07-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Proto - No Workie.

By "No Workie", do you mean that you can't hear it or that you don't like it?

Bubba
07-19-2012, 04:47 PM

I did choir/musical theatre in high school. I haven't done it in 2 years, but yup! You guessed it. :)

I'm looking forward to Fynn's entry for round two of this. Being a tenor will hopefully mean an awesome submission!

Fynn
07-19-2012, 05:04 PM

I'm looking forward to Fynn's entry for round two of this. Being a tenor will hopefully mean an awesome submission!

That is awfully nice of you, but you'll probably disappointed - the next round is 80s hits, and my voice is not really trained for pop music (I already made my recording and boy, did I strain my voice then - it just wouldn't sound right if I went for a choral voice :D), so I have no reason to sound more awesome than any of you ;) Especially you - you rock, man ;)

Sephex
07-19-2012, 07:29 PM
If I can, I would like to get into the 80s round. Can we select our own 80s hit because I have a couple in mind that I would like to... "sing."

Agent Proto
07-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I believe that you can enter and leave at any time during this contest.

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Pretty much what Proto said, you may enter this round if you wish and you have until Sunday to get your entry in.

Also: We have less than 3 days until voting closes in this poll.