PDA

View Full Version : Foods You Don't Like

Pike
07-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Let's talk about foods that we don't like-- preferably ones that most people do-- so everyone else on the forum can make fun of us.

I'll start: raisins. I liked dried fruit of pretty much every other kind, but raisins are gross.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:03 AM
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion

Shorty
07-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Raisins ARE gross, Pike - I'm so glad you agree.

Coconut. Grapefruit. Rice, unless it's in curry. Sweet and sour pork, chicken or anything. Spam. Spaghetti that isn't drowning in parmesan. Cornbread with corn in it. Soup with corn in it. Taco soup. Taco salads. Anything taco that isn't actually a taco. Jambalaya. Any cephalopod dish whatsoever, because that just makes me cry. :( fucking corn flakes and fucking RICE CHEX. RICE CHEX ARE THE WORST.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:09 AM
Who the fuck doesn't like RICE?

You're a picky eater, Sarah. x)

Shorty
07-17-2012, 02:10 AM
I really am, dude. I'm sure I'll add to the list as I think of more. And rice is the worst. It's just so PLAIN.

Sandwiches that don't have any condiments whatsoever on them.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:12 AM
I really am, dude. I'm sure I'll add to the list as I think of more. And rice is the worst. It's just so PLAIN.

At our house we boil rice in chicken broth instead of water to give it some flavour. It doesn't add any calories or anything, and it makes it taste more interesting.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Chicken fried rice at chinese restaurants I can do. Plain rice is a no go, because it is gross.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Chicken fried rice at chinese restaurants I can do. Plain rice is a no go, because it is gross.

The way we make it isn't really PLAIN, though.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 02:18 AM
I'm sure your way is quite delicious <3 I've never tried that before but as long as it's not plain, I'd probably like it.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm sure your way is quite delicious <3 I've never tried that before but as long as it's not plain, I'd probably like it.

If you're ever making rice on the side for something, try it! <3 You still might not like it, but it definitely gives it some flavour.

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 02:20 AM
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion
onion

fire_of_avalon
07-17-2012, 02:26 AM
SAM AND FUZZY ARE CORRECT

ONIONS ARE THE WORST.

I also don't like mushrooms and mango.

AND MIKE CALLS ME A PHILISTINE. SARAH DOESN'T EAT FREAKING RICE.

Jiro
07-17-2012, 02:26 AM
You're all fucking PHILISTINES. FOA TOO. Rantz and Face and I are all very ashamed :colbert:

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:28 AM
You're all smurfing PHILISTINES. FOA TOO. Rantz and Face and I are all very ashamed :colbert:

No, for not liking onions I just happen to have tastebuds.

WHAT THE FUCK FOA MUSHROOMS ARE DELISH

Sephex
07-17-2012, 02:31 AM
I like stuff that tomatoes are made from, but I don't really care for tomatoes themselves. I am also a mushroom hater!

Jiro
07-17-2012, 02:33 AM
MUSHROOMS ARE AWESOME! SHORTCUT TO THE MUSHROOMS. FUCK YOU GUYS ARE JUST TERRIBLE.

Iceglow
07-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Ok, you're all mad. Shorty how the hell can you not like Rice? I mean you say it's plain, bland... try cooking pilau rice or wild rice or put some spices in to it. I eat rice like EVERY day and I've not gotten bored of it in a YEAR! Also Raisins are god damn delicious sooo good as are sultanas and currants!

Geez louise some people eh!

As for what I dislike? I'm not a fan of Brussell Sprouts. Nor am I a fan of Spam meat. I'm allergic to oranges but I actually quite like them which sucks.

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Mushrooms are gross. Especially the edible ones.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 02:46 AM
RICE IS THE WORST

PERIOD

Who the fuck doesn't like onions, onions make everything better

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Who the smurf doesn't like onions, onions make everything better

People with fucking tastebuds.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 02:48 AM
You clearly have none, then :colbert:

I Took the Red Pill
07-17-2012, 02:49 AM
This is why we need negrep. Talking shit about onions should be a bannable offense.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 02:52 AM
This is why we need negrep. Talking shit about onions should be a bannable offense.

Repping that shit so hard <3

Agent Proto
07-17-2012, 02:56 AM

Onions will make rice better.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:57 AM

Onions will make rice better.

No.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 02:57 AM
The rice would ruin the onions, Jeffie.

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 02:58 AM
You know what else I don't like? Hagfish. Disgusting.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 02:59 AM
The rice would ruin the onions, Jeffie.

Rice would improve the onions...

...if you could improve fucking onions.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 03:03 AM

I hear you like cock, though. It all makes sense now.

Faris
07-17-2012, 03:03 AM
Pickles and carrots :barf:

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 03:08 AM

I hear you like cock, though. It all makes sense now.

Oh, we're going to resort to slander now?

I want to be used like a bandaid

Shorty
07-17-2012, 03:12 AM
I never said that but I'll take it <3

and pickles are also gross. Way to go, Faris!

krissy
07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
cauliflower

Wolf Kanno
07-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Mango when it isn't in juice form, Cantelope is pretty bland as well. Blueberries suck, and cherry has been put into so many medicine flavoring that I can't distinguish one from the other anymore. So yeah, I'm really picky when it comes to fruit.

fire_of_avalon
07-17-2012, 03:44 AM
TIL Wolf Kanno is a robot who doesn't eat the best things and pickle haters are an affront to the Lord.

Also shrimp is awful bad.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 03:49 AM
I think we can all agree that Rantzien's terrible weird foreign shrimp sandwich mayonnaise cake thing is just the worst.

Let's put our differences aside, foa.

qwertysaur
07-17-2012, 03:51 AM
You can easily add flavor to rice. Just cook it in any kind of stock. (Chicken, beef, vegetable, fish, shrimp are some examples) Or add a little saffron for yellow rice. Rice is great because it's so plain it can take on the flavor of whatever you want it to.

I dislike pineapple and mushrooms because I can't stand their texture.

I also don't like peanut butter and pickles.

fire_of_avalon
07-17-2012, 04:02 AM
Okay, Shorty. I have to change my vengeful mind to qwerty anyway, because WHO THE HELL DISLIKES PEANUT BUTTER?

Jinx
07-17-2012, 04:04 AM
WHO THE HELL DISLIKES PEANUT BUTTER?

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 04:10 AM

Miss Lady Shelly
07-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Lima beans

Jinx
07-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Lima beans

+1

Pheesh
07-17-2012, 04:33 AM
I don't like baloney, the food or the "what a load of baloney" kind.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 04:34 AM
I don't like baloney, the food or the "what a load of baloney" kind.

bologna*

Pheesh
07-17-2012, 04:39 AM
Bologna sausage (English pronunciation: /bəˈloʊnjə/ or /bəˈloʊni/), also known as boloney, baloney or polony

Don't be that guy.

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Bologna sausage (English pronunciation: /bəˈloʊnjə/ or /bəˈloʊni/), also known as boloney, baloney or polony

Don't be that guy.

"Also known as" doesn't mean "also spelled correctly as."

Don't be that guy.

Jiro
07-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Don't be that PHILISTINE.

Miss Lady Shelly
07-17-2012, 05:35 AM
I also forgot to mention Green beans,not to fond of egg yolks, split pea soup, pork chops, im really not a fan of steak or beef either .. crap i might as well just become a vegetarian even though i never ate fish before...

oddler
07-17-2012, 06:22 AM
cauliflower

WHAT. Cauliflower is great for when you want broccoli but you don't want to have to floss for a fortnight.

I hate condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, relish, chili, spaghetti sauce, salt, salad dressing. You know. The things that people put on food to make it taste like something else.

Quindiana Jones
07-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Everybody in this thread is wrong. I expect it of Shorty, but come on guys.

Anyway, my distastes. Mother. Fucking. Cous cous. Cous cous is for people who like chewing cum.

Shlup
07-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I do not like chocolate or cake or most preparations of chicken.

Rantz
07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Soy milk is the only thing I can think of that I will not tolerate. Everything else named here, I would put in a bucket, stir and eat. Like a pig. :colbert:

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 11:28 AM

How does one not like cake? All cake in general? There isn't even a kind of cake you mildly enjoy?

Pike
07-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Who was it that mentioned carrots again? Cause yeah I hate those.

fire_of_avalon
07-17-2012, 12:41 PM

Don't be that guy.
Who in the blue hell says polony?

Don't be that PHILISTINE.
:nonono:

Slothy
07-17-2012, 01:02 PM
RICE IS THE WORST

PERIOD

You tell them you wonderful Hagfish you. Rice is terrible. Putting things on it so it doesn't taste as terrible does not mean rice is suddenly good, it means what you doused it with is good. The underlying rice is still shit and not worth eating.

And people who don't like onions are insane. The only time it is acceptable to not like onions is if some asshat put them on your pizza. Pizza is the only food onions have no business being on. But any other time? Fuck yeah onions! Eat that shit raw motherfuckers.

Jiro
07-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Don't shake your head at me! You're the one who doesn't eat perfectly delicious foodstuffs!

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
I eat potatoes raw. YEAH THAT'S RIGHT BRING IT

Jinx
07-17-2012, 01:18 PM

um

Tigmafuzz
07-17-2012, 01:21 PM

um

Well, not straight out of the ground. But peeled and rinsed off is still raw.

qwertysaur
07-17-2012, 02:35 PM
:shobon:

Shattered Dreamer
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Food I don't like? Sweet Corn!?!? It's gross! Garden peas, avocado, butter beans, cucumber & peppers of any kind. I don't like any red fish especially salmon or tuna. Eggs because the texture is nasty. Apart from that not really! I'm gonna say sweet corn twice because it is just disgusting!

Shorty
07-17-2012, 03:19 PM
RICE IS THE WORST

PERIOD

You tell them you wonderful Hagfish you. Rice is terrible. Putting things on it so it doesn't taste as terrible does not mean rice is suddenly good, it means what you doused it with is good. The underlying rice is still tit and not worth eating.

And people who don't like onions are insane. The only time it is acceptable to not like onions is if some asshat put them on your pizza. Pizza is the only food onions have no business being on. But any other time? smurf yeah onions! Eat that tit raw mothersmurfers.

Vivi and I understand eachother and should probably get married because of this.

Food I don't like? Sweet Corn!?!?

Wait do you mean CREAMED corn!?!? Because if so, you are correct.

Shattered Dreamer
07-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Food I don't like? Sweet Corn!?!?

Wait do you mean CREAMED corn!?!? Because if so, you are correct.

Assuming creamed corn is what sweet corn is called in America then yeah. Corn in general is just nasty!

Sephex
07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Saw peanut butter mentioned. I get kind of weird with that. I seriously think it tastes terrible unless I toast it on bread.

Pike
07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm fine with people not liking peanut butter, because it means they won't eat it, which means more peanut butter for me.

Madame Adequate
07-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Good God this thread is filled with some crazy-ass people. The only one who made any sense was freaking Steve when he said Brussels sprouts, which are indeed the single worst thing ever invented by the Good Lord above and I can only presume he invented them so we either had the means to torture people, or had the means to weed out the agents of Satan, as only that dark character and his minions could like such vileness.

Pike
07-17-2012, 06:01 PM
But brussels sprouts are great.

Sephex
07-17-2012, 06:06 PM

Here comes the divorce papers.

Pike
07-17-2012, 06:07 PM

Here comes the divorce papers.

Considering his reaction on Skype just now... yeah, pretty much.

Trumpet Thief
07-17-2012, 06:07 PM
I hate cakes with icing.

I also hate every type/variation of fish.

Bubba
07-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Yup, Brussell Sprouts are awful. Along with coriander and marmite.

I like pretty much everything else though. I'll try anything once...

That's probably why I'm a disease-ridden whore.

Shorty
07-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Brussel sprouts are amazing, Huxley, what's wrong with you. With diced bacon, garlic and olive oil, that shit is heavenly.

Slothy
07-17-2012, 07:23 PM
RICE IS THE WORST

PERIOD

You tell them you wonderful Hagfish you. Rice is terrible. Putting things on it so it doesn't taste as terrible does not mean rice is suddenly good, it means what you doused it with is good. The underlying rice is still tit and not worth eating.

And people who don't like onions are insane. The only time it is acceptable to not like onions is if some asshat put them on your pizza. Pizza is the only food onions have no business being on. But any other time? smurf yeah onions! Eat that tit raw mothersmurfers.

Vivi and I understand eachother and should probably get married because of this.

I'll have to ask my wife, but :love:

Brussel sprouts are amazing, Huxley, what's wrong with you. With diced bacon, garlic and olive oil, that tit is heavenly.

To be fair, you douse just about anything with some garlic and it's going to be tasty. God I love garlic. Sadly I have to brush my teeth after if I want my wife to make out with me.

Jinx
07-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Isn't the Irish dude supposed to like Brussels sprouts since they're basically mini-cabbage?

NorthernChaosGod
07-17-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm pretty much with Pontus on this one.

Jiro
07-18-2012, 04:06 AM
All food is great! You guys are too picky. Eat what you're given! Don't complain!

Tigmafuzz
07-18-2012, 04:44 AM
All food is great! You guys are too picky. Eat what you're given! Don't complain!

Dak. Listen.

When I was a child starving on the street, eating out of dumpsters, even if it were my only choice, I would never eat an onion.

Madame Adequate
07-18-2012, 05:01 AM

Dak. Listen.

When I was a child starving on the street, eating out of dumpsters, even if it were my only choice, I would never eat an onion.

This is how I feel about brussels sprouts.

Tigmafuzz
07-18-2012, 05:39 AM
And Brussels Sprouts.

Jiro
07-18-2012, 06:17 AM
Steamed brussel sprouts are delicious. I eat raw onions. In fact there is a photo of me sharing an onion with a friend of mine. I have posted it several times. Raw onion was not even bad and it did win me a bag of scroggin. Y'all need to be less like Philistines and more like food devourers.

Shlup
07-18-2012, 08:29 AM

How does one not like cake? All cake in general? There isn't even a kind of cake you mildly enjoy?

Does cheesecake count? I make an amazing cheesecake.

Shattered Dreamer
07-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Isn't the Irish dude supposed to like Brussels sprouts since they're basically mini-cabbage?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fire_of_avalon
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Brussels sprouts should rarely be streamed but they should always be roasted or grilled.

Also everyone in my family will eat wedges of raw onion like it ain't no thing and if i get a tiny bite i get crazy. Last week i was having some stuffed craab with my dad. I LOVE crab but someone at the grocery store loaded that shit with onions and was so upset.

Tigmafuzz
07-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Does cheesecake count? I make an amazing cheesecake.

Cheesecake counts as anything you want it to be. Cheesecake is fucking glorious.

escobert
07-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Sweets in general, onions, mushrooms and uh those assorted greens salad mix thingys. I WANT ICEBERG! I hate all that other spinach leaf crap and whatever.

Faris
07-18-2012, 11:37 PM
I forgot olives! I can't stand the sight, taste or smell of them.

Shiny
07-19-2012, 12:07 AM
My boyfriend hates onions as well. I don't get the hatred so I proceeded to eat dried onions with my chicken wrap and then guzzle it down with a side of Funyuns and Sweet Onion Baked Chips. Then breathed in his face. :shiny:

What he does like for some reason is plain white rice which is so bland and boring tasting. Even when I put a crap load of seaweed and wasabi seasoning on it I still don't like it. I also don't like scrambled or poached eggs. The only kind of eggs I can eat is hardboiled without the yellow yoke or if it's mixed in another food. I also hate carrots. Pretty much everything else in the world I will eat as long as it's cooked well. Salmon can taste horrible if not prepared properly, but when it is oh gawd yum.

Miriel
07-19-2012, 07:55 AM
5-6 years ago I wouldn't eat mushrooms, carrots, squash, tons of green veggies, fish, etc.

And now I eat all those things and more. I think you get less picky the older you get. And exposure helps too.

The last major obstacle for me is cilantro, but that's because I'm genetically predisposed to hate it. And even that, I've been slowly exposing myself to tiny bits of cilantro and it's gone from being vomit inducing to gross but tolerable. One day I'll get to the point where it doesn't bother me. And then I can eat thai/indian/mexican food without having to constantly and suspiciously inspect my food for the green devil.

I'm amazed by some of the stuff you guys don't eat.

Tigmafuzz
07-19-2012, 10:12 AM
My boyfriend hates onions as well. I don't get the hatred so I proceeded to eat dried onions with my chicken wrap and then guzzle it down with a side of Funyuns and Sweet Onion Baked Chips. Then breathed in his face. :shiny:

You... you are the worst kind of person.

Shattered Dreamer
07-19-2012, 10:19 AM
5-6 years ago I wouldn't eat mushrooms, carrots, squash, tons of green veggies, fish, etc.

And now I eat all those things and more. I think you get less picky the older you get. And exposure helps too.

The last major obstacle for me is cilantro, but that's because I'm genetically predisposed to hate it. And even that, I've been slowly exposing myself to tiny bits of cilantro and it's gone from being vomit inducing to gross but tolerable. One day I'll get to the point where it doesn't bother me. And then I can eat thai/indian/mexican food without having to constantly and suspiciously inspect my food for the green devil.

I'm amazed by some of the stuff you guys don't eat.

I think it is not that you become less picky I think you pallet of taste changes & matures.

Jinx
07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Supposedly your tastebuds change every 7 years.

Except Shorty's. She has the food range of a 2 year old.

Shattered Dreamer
07-19-2012, 02:41 PM

That explains why I enjoy coleslaw nowadays & the last time I ate tuna I almost enjoyed it :lol:

escobert
07-19-2012, 02:55 PM

I just hate raw onions, funyuns are great, onion rings are great, shit onion soup is great. raw onions are nasty and overpower everything they touch

Shorty
07-19-2012, 04:47 PM

I like the pink otter pops and grape koolaid. Anything that doesn't fall within that range can gtfo.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM

At our house we boil rice in chicken broth instead of water to give it some flavour. It doesn't add any calories or anything, and it makes it taste more interesting.

I do the same thing with couscous.