PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: KoTOR

Pike
07-19-2012, 02:05 AM
I bought Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic in a Steam sale recently and am replaying it for the first time since it was released some ten odd years ago. I'm having a blast and can't stop playing; I'd forgotten how much fun it is and how great Bioware was back in the day.

Who else loves this game? :love:

Sephex
07-19-2012, 02:42 AM
I also picked up for cheap through Steam, but this was awhile ago. Got the same price, though!

Anyway, I originally played this on my original Xbox. It was pretty much the only reason why I got that console. I loved it for the fact that it felt like I was interacting in the best of the good Star Wars Expanded Universe. Choosing the typical good against Evil path may seem tired these days, but it was fresh back then, and it made so much sense in a Star Wars game! And the plot twist in KOTOR rivals that of the "I am your father" kind!

Slothy
07-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Who else loves this game? :love:

I actually don't all that much to be honest. It's all right, but I didn't find it to be anything special. Loads better than Bioware's recent stuff though.

And the plot twist in KOTOR rivals that of the "I am your father" kind!

I actually didn't like it because it was so unbelievably obvious. I had it pegged extremely early in the game so when I got to it all I could really think was something along the lines of "oh, okay. I guess you actually decided to go that way. Well then."

I actually never finished the game completely because I just kind of stopped shortly after. I was bored and the big twist was a predictable let down. Perhaps worse though is that I had to hear from everyone who ever mentioned the game again how awesome the plot twist was. I honestly think I grew to hate it more after the fact because people thought that was so good. I actually think I would have liked the game more if it didn't hold onto the pretense of trying to do something clever.

Jinx
07-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Never played it, but I want to.

Hollycat
07-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Thought this had something to do with Knights of the Round. Was mistaken.

Wolf Kanno
07-19-2012, 05:16 AM
I just picked it up on Steam, but sadly, my computer memory is...low, so I actually can't really play it at the moment. I'm saving all my Steam titles I bought for a new PC. Beyond that, I just always heard good things about it. I already know the major plot twist so the "big twist" isn't really going to surprise me. I just wanted to play a decent Star Wars game. :eep:

Pike
07-19-2012, 05:00 PM
I liked the twist. It suprised me, anyway! I wouldn't call KoTOR one of the best games of all time, but it is still solid and very good, imo.

NorthernChaosGod
07-20-2012, 06:57 AM
I fucking loved this game when I first played it. I must have done 4-5 runs back to back because I enjoyed it so much and wanted to try out the different alignments and character styles.

I even loved the sequel, nearly as much.

theundeadhero
07-21-2012, 01:15 AM
I played it back to back a few times when it came out and still own an xbox copy.

Quindiana Jones
07-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah, KotOR and KotOR 2 are two of my favourite games from the Xbox.

blackmage_nuke
07-21-2012, 02:30 PM
I saw the twist coming a mile off when I realised they never refer to Revan as a he or she

Pike
07-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I saw the twist coming a mile off when I realised they never refer to Revan as a he or she

...you know, that's a good point. Somehow I never noticed that, apparently.

Sephex
07-21-2012, 09:33 PM
The reason I didn't pick up on it was because I thought they were going to reveal Revan to be alive, but it wouldn't be the player character. I just thought they were being very vague about it so no one has a chance to guess it.

Kuroshima
07-22-2012, 03:25 AM
I still own both my original xbox copies of KoToR 1 and KoToR 2: The Sith Lords. I'd never get tired of them!

Christmas
05-06-2022, 11:14 AM
I only played KotOR 2. Loved the 3 sith lords especially the one with 3 violet lightsabers. :bigsmile:

She is like the older version of me but cooler and sightless. :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
05-06-2022, 12:19 PM
I love KOTOR, I just finished another playthrough. On KOTOR 2 now, which is a lot better than I remember (not that it was bad, I just didn't think it was as good as the first one).

Quindiana Jones
05-06-2022, 02:01 PM
It's a shame KotOR ended at 2 and nothing else ever came out relating to it.

theundeadhero
05-06-2022, 11:57 PM
Darth Vox in SWToR is the greatest story ever told, Quin :colbert: