PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: FFXV Details have been leaked.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Before anyone jumps to conclusions, this is definetly a rumor but it does give us some cool stuff to talk about concerning the next installment of the FF franchise.

Here's the Link: Rumor: Final Fantasy XV to be Open World (http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8040/article/rumor-final-fantasy-xv-to-be-open-world/)

Here's some of the interesting details that were apparently "leaked":

The game has been in development for over four years now and entered full production around the time of FFXIII's Japanese release.
It's being directed by Hiroyuki Ito, who also directed FFVI, FFIX, and FFXII
It's co-director led a small part of the team to help make Tactics Ogre remake on the PSP. This co-director is currently working as the UI designer of FFXIV 2.0 while helping with FFXV
The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII's system.
The game will be open world and have sprawling, crowd filled cities on par with the Assassin's Creed games
The new battle system will allow the player to target different parts of the body like Vagrant Story
Yoichi Wada wants the game to have a world scale and volume of content that will surpass Elder's Scrolls Skyrim. He also wants the games reception and sales to surpass FFVII
It will be a multi-platform release on all major current consoles Platforms.

This all just rumor and speculation, but I have to say that I would buy this game. Everything sounds good about it and I feel that XII's battle system and gameplay really had a lot of elbow room to evolve into something really awesome. Ito is also my favorite designer still working as SE and I honestly couldn't take another Motomu Toriyama title. Still, it's all rumors, but let's hope we get some details about FFXV at TGS this year. :squee:

Hollycat
07-20-2012, 05:15 AM
My fingers are crossed tighter than the legs of a 12 year old who plays d&d

Del Murder
07-20-2012, 05:22 AM
Um, it's not April is it? This sounds too good to be true.

Trumpet Thief
07-20-2012, 05:34 AM
If true, that is very, very awesome. :)

Del Murder
07-20-2012, 05:47 AM
It's being directed by Hiroyuki Ito, who also directed FFVI, FFIX, and FFXII
The game design and battle system will be a major evolution of FFXII's system.
The new battle system will allow the player to target different parts of the body like Vagrant Story

These are what stand out to me. Don't really care if it's open world or about Wada's typical boasting. Ito obviously has a good resume. Borrowing anything from Vagrant Story is a good idea. And FFXII's battle system definitely had promise. Though technically it does have an evolution called Xenoblade Chronicles.

VeloZer0
07-20-2012, 06:34 AM
He also wants the games reception and sales to surpass FFVII
That's nice to know.

Using the axiom that this is accurate there isn't much here that excites me. I found FF12's battle system to be very shallow with a band-aid of allowing the game to play itself so they player doesn't get bored. I'm also not a fan of the open world concept. It is impossible to create a game that seems truly epic without using some sort of scale. Everything is just so small and close together. The world just doesn't seem so big when I can run across it in half an hour of 'real time'.

Mirage
07-20-2012, 08:09 AM
The main character will be a young mage girl who has been lead to follow an evil sect without being aware of what they are really up to, and the setting will be in a futuristic world where a large portion of the population is discriminated against and living in slums outside of fantastic cities.

wink wink

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2012, 09:45 AM
He also wants the games reception and sales to surpass FFVII
That's nice to know.

Using the axiom that this is accurate there isn't much here that excites me. I found FF12's battle system to be very shallow with a band-aid of allowing the game to play itself so they player doesn't get bored. I'm also not a fan of the open world concept. It is impossible to create a game that seems truly epic without using some sort of scale. Everything is just so small and close together. The world just doesn't seem so big when I can run across it in half an hour of 'real time'.

Well it's your loss, especially since this is pretty much the direction most RPGs are going.

Beyond that, I really liked FFXII, though if there is anything I want them to fix overall, and this was something I felt more strongly playing through Xenoblade Chronicles as well, it's that I hope they try to faze out the more obvious MMO elements. I like having extra content but if the bulk of it is going to be arbitrary collect "x amount of item b" or "kill y amount of monster a", then I would say no thank you. That tit can slide in an MMO cause a) you hve to do something while your in the game leveling, and b) you have the whole social aspect to relieve boredem, which is very much lacking in an offline title. Xenoblade Chronicles, as much as I love the game, really pushed my patience with some of it's more tedious missions, and I grind levels/gil/rare drops for fun... In XII's case, I would prefer a smaller and more meaningful amount of Mark Hunts, and I want the Bazaar system overhauled. Also no randomized respawning chests, that was just a bad idea. That is if any of these baseless rumors are true.

Still, I would be really excited if Ito turned out to be helming the project, he's worked on almost everyone of my fave FF titles and it would keep the "third entry is the best" pattern.

Jinx
07-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm really disappointed that they're using FFXII's battle system. The changes/additions would have to be really major for me to want to play that game.

To me, this description just sounds like they're trying to take the model of FFXII and make it into the good game it could've been, instead of the crap game it was.

Rostum
07-20-2012, 01:17 PM
If true that sounds pretty awesome, can't wait. :)

Too bad FFXII wasn't a crap game. :monster:

Del Murder
07-20-2012, 02:41 PM
I had a dream last night that a commercial came out for FFXV and it's release date was July 6, 2013. Just letting you guys know.

Jinx
07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
I had a dream last night that a commercial came out for FFXV and it's release date was July 6, 2013. Just letting you guys know.

greenseer

Slothy
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Still, I would be really excited if Ito turned out to be helming the project, he's worked on almost everyone of my fave FF titles and it would keep the "third entry is the best" pattern.

If we factor in his work outside of directing, I'd say Ito has definitely been involved in all of my favourite FF titles. Even if the only truth to that rumour was he was directing it I'd buy it sight unseen. He might be the only person with Suare that could make me say that too.

To me, this description just sounds like they're trying to take the model of FFXII and make it into the good game it could've been, instead of the crap game it was.

You make it very hard for me to like you sometimes.

Quindiana Jones
07-20-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm desperately trying to withhold happiness and excitement right now. If the three things Del highlighted are true, then I will buy this game.

Pike
07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm okay with most anything that is Elder Scrolls and/or Assassin's Creed-esque. I love big open places to explore.

Jessweeee♪
07-20-2012, 05:21 PM
FFXII is great. It's the new FFIX.

Wolf Kanno
07-20-2012, 05:50 PM
The interesting thing here that gives me hope that this rumor may be true is that Ito hasn't done anything since FFXII International back in 2007 except direct a recent iOS title. That's five years of not working on anything significant projects, which would fit into the timeline given in the rumor.

There is apparently going to be a 25th Anniversary Event held by Squenix in September, maybe we'll hear something then.

Fynn
07-20-2012, 08:20 PM
I really hope this is true, but at the same time, I am very doubtful. I mean, it all sounds too good to be true. It's like an answer to everything (well, at least most of the things) the people here were complaining about... Unless you just filtered out the interesting bits, Wolf :D

ShinGundam
07-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Wellll I hate to be a buzzkiller but this is fake.
GRcade • View topic - Final Fantasy XV [PS3, X360, WiiU] (http://www.grcade.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=2682570#p2682570)

As GamesMaster's Dep Ed I can safely say this is utter BS. Tracked down the source - a forum user on GameFAQS and Gamespot - who claims to have read this in our latest issue at the supermarket. There's no such thing in there at all.

Beware FF fans almost everything now is rumor especially from fans and bloggers.

Del Murder
07-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh well. At least Wada's gloating was probably true.

Also I like how Carlos and I said the exact same thing.

ShinGundam
07-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Oh well. At least Wada's gloating was probably true.

Also I like how Carlos and I said the exact same thing.
Because Galvanization (dude makes constant misinformation about itou's FF) takes any information even from Wada or Nomura and reword them into " Ito's next epic game will rival X and feature that cool thing that X have and makes it even better".

Wolf Kanno
07-21-2012, 05:49 AM
I figured it was fake, but I can't help but feel like it would all be cool if Ito was directing the next installment. Well, SE is doing some announcements for their 25th Anniversary Event in September (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/07/20/square-enix-to-make-major-ffxiii-announcements-in-september-versus-xiii-reportedly-canceled/). Maybe we'll find out Versus XIII became FFXV.

Del Murder
07-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Ugh, please no more FFXIII games.

maybee
07-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Ugh, please no more FFXIII games.

You know that is going to happen. XIII-3 is right around the very glooming corner.

Freya
07-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Man if they gave me something like dragon's dogma in a FF where I can climb whatever giant baddie i'm fighting and stab them in the eye or they can knock me off, THAT WOULD BE SO COOL.

Jinx
07-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I think if turning FFvXIII into FFXV is extremely lazy.

ShinGundam
07-21-2012, 03:20 PM
I think if turning FFvXIII into FFXV is extremely lazy.
Why? FFIX was originally going to be a side game, but Square rebranded it as IX later. Name or brand don't really matter in this case imo.

Wolf Kanno
07-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah, except no one knew of IX's existence before it got re-branded. Whereas Versus XIII has been in a very public development hell for six years. ;)

Still, though this particular rumor is false, I still feel it's very plausible that Ito is in fact woking on FFXV (unless the other rumor of Versus XIII getting a name change becomes true) since he has been largely silent in the background of SE since FFXII. He's got one iOS game coming out, but I hardly believe that took six years to make.