PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I Hold All These Games!

Pike
07-21-2012, 01:55 AM
How many games are you typically juggling at one time? For me, it's usually three or four "main" ones plus perhaps a few on the side. I tend to just play through one or two really story-driven games at a time, though. So, for example, I might have a couple of RPGs or adventure games going on and then be playing my good old strategy stuff on the side.

What about you guys?

Del Murder
07-21-2012, 02:04 AM
I typically only play one console game at a time and a game on each of the handhelds (DS and PSP). I can't stand juggling multiple things at once.

Sephex
07-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Around 2 to 4. Then I "fail" and end up focusing on one!

Alpha2099
07-21-2012, 05:19 AM
I have tried to do more than one. But inevitably that fails and I focus only on one. At the rate I'm going, with all the emulated games I've downloaded, I will play all the games I've got by the time I'm 104.

Wolf Kanno
07-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Around 2 to 4. Then I "fail" and end up focusing on one!

This.

Pete for President
07-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Just 1 or 2 max.

Trumpet Thief
07-21-2012, 07:39 AM
I (thankfully) never have to juggle between games. When I was a kid, my parents had a 'one game at a time' policy that was seldom broken. To this day I thank them, because the practice still stands. I take my time in picking out the game that I want, and even if I want to play a few of 'em, I suppress my urges and pick one. I play the hell out of that game, and then later on, I move to the next one. What usually happens is that the games that I have 'completed' are games that I can comfortably revisit whenever I want.

I have an Ambassador 3DS, and you'd better believe I haven't played 60% for longer than 20/30 minutes. When I have tons of games to choose from, I usually end up going back to the games that I've already completed. It's this weird habit that I have, so it's best that I go through it one game at a time.

Thanks Mom/Dad :)

Pike
07-21-2012, 10:18 AM
When I have tons of games to choose from, I usually end up going back to the games that I've already completed.

Oh man, I've fallen victim to that too, sometimes!

Shattered Dreamer
07-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm technically juggling 4 right now, Assassins Creed 2, Shadows Of The Damned, I Am Alive & Pokemon Emerald but AC2 & Emerald are getting all the gaming time I have at the moment.

Jinx
07-21-2012, 02:39 PM
I only really play one video game at a time. I like to put my focus and energy into that. Unless the other video game is like, Pokemon or something.

Alpha2099
07-21-2012, 05:00 PM
When I have tons of games to choose from, I usually end up going back to the games that I've already completed.

Oh man, I've fallen victim to that too, sometimes!
*raises hand* Guilty of that, too.

Sylvie
07-21-2012, 07:47 PM
I hardly play video games anymore. But usually like one or two. I usually am just playing through older Final Fantasy games and maybe some Civ II or whatever on the side.

Agent Proto
07-21-2012, 11:17 PM
I can take up to a couple games at a time, but most likely I will stick with one big one and a couple small games on the side.

Faris
07-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Usually 2. One on a hand held and another on a regular consol.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-27-2012, 12:20 PM
I only really play two at any given time. I almost always have one primary Beat-That-One game. Used to be that was all I needed, but recently games have been getting longer and longer (Fallouts, Elder Scrolls, etc.) and sometimes the grinding in the middle or a long lull in story just causes me to need a breather.

Insert game #2, the never ending/drool on yourself/vegetative state autopilot game. This rotates around, but usually centers on one game for a year or more at a time. Past highlights have been Flower, Skate 2, and most recently Fallout 3. I can play any one of these games without ever turning my brain on. I used to play Skate 2 and spend an hour and a half on one handrail trying to get a trick string right.

Jiro
07-27-2012, 12:39 PM
I just bounce around like a psychopath playing games at random until I feel satisfied.

Jessweeee♪
07-27-2012, 04:46 PM
I usually play one at a time, but every now and then I just have to start a new game on Dragon Age: Origins and/or Dragon Age II. I don't know why, they aren't even my favorites. So I'm usually juggling three, two console games, one of which is always a Dragon Age title, and one handheld.

Currently:
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Persona 3 Portable
LSD: Dream Emulator

Jowy
07-27-2012, 10:48 PM
LSD is awesome...more people need to experience that.

Tigmafuzz
07-27-2012, 11:45 PM
I usually only juggle one or two games at a time, but that's because I finish them nearly as fast I start them. I beat Risen 2: Dark Waters last Saturday in like... 9 hours? 10? Something like that. It didn't take long and I had accomplished everything I felt like accomplishing. I'll probably go back and start a new file to explore everywhere and do all the little things that don't really matter so I can finish writing my walkthrough for it (GameFAQs bounty is $60 for it) but after that I finished up Pokemon Platinum, which I had been working on for maybe a week total. I could probably do a lot of games at once if I didn't finish them so quickly.

Depression Moon
07-28-2012, 12:11 AM
I've dropped FFIII at the moment and I still have Advance Wars to finish which I dropped months ago.

Sylvie
07-28-2012, 07:49 PM
LSD is awesome...more people need to experience that.
I agree, but I am speaking of the actual lysergic acid diethylamide

Shauna
08-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Usually one or two. I tend to have one RPG on the go, and maybe a shooter, or a platformer, or whatever to go along with it. RPGs tend to be fairly heavy going, and playing just one is often fairly time consuming - so, if I'm not feeling up to playing the heavier games I like to have something that's easier to drop in and out of.

Bubba
08-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, about 3 or 4. Currently playing Gravity Rush on the Vita, Dark Souls (pretty sure I won't finish this... it's hard), Secret of Mana on the SNES and still not rushing Red Dead Redemption due to its awesomeness.

CimminyCricket
08-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I usually play one from each console/handheld: XBOX, PS3, PSP and DS.