PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Sound Effects

Alpha2099
07-22-2012, 04:09 AM
Discuss whether or not you like the uniqueness of the sound effects from old arcade games, particularly the ones from the early 80s when arcade cabinets were all the rage.

Personally, I get a kick out of hearing the way the developers tried to work with beeps and boops on their sound board to make something unique and interesting. I especially like the sound effects from the Williams line of games. I have a couple of sound effects from Joust and Defender which I am trying to work into my computer sound scheme. I'm using the Pterodactyl sound from Joust as an error message.

On that note, if anyone could help me find sound effects from Robotron 2084 or Blaster (both Williams games, and they kinda use the same effects so either one will do), it would be much appreciated.

Jowy
07-22-2012, 07:37 AM
sometimes i like to mentally play the barrel jump sound from donkey kong whenever i accomplish something not very difficult

susonjoy
07-31-2012, 10:05 AM
I really not impressed with the arcade sound effects, if you consider the game Donkey Kong, lousy music. This game sound effects are not good they are like the terrible sounds.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) ~Pike

Pike
07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Nobody disses Donkey Kong while I'm around.

Sephex
07-31-2012, 10:58 AM
I SURE LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK.

Anyway, one of my old favorite sound effects is the deep bass sound effect from Galaga.

Jiro
07-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Drinking chocolate milk right now. Come at me, Sephexbro. Brosephexiroth.

Arcades were a bit before my time but I fucking love chiptunes man.

Madame Adequate
07-31-2012, 05:34 PM
EVERYTHING IN HAWKEN

Official Hawken Gameplay (work in progress) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEAEARD-Fo)

Yeah it's not an arcade game, do I care?

Agent Proto
07-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Nobody disses Donkey Kong while I'm around.

DIEL6I3GE_U

Alpha2099
07-31-2012, 07:38 PM
I think I'm back in the groove of playing old arcade games. Joust, Moon Patrol, Tapper, Spy Hunter, the list goes on. But I think Williams had the best sound effects to go with its games.

Tigmafuzz
08-01-2012, 07:17 PM
So much love for old arcade game sound effects. I have a bunch of little tones from old MAME games on my phone that I use as message tones for different people.