PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Round 2: I Love the 80s Edition

Wolf Kanno
07-24-2012, 04:40 PM

It's time we get this second round started. While not everyone from the first round came back for this awesome decade special, we definetly got a strong group of singers this round

Agent Proto - 867-5309 ~ Tommy Tutone (http://www.muziboo.com/prootz/music/867-5309-karaoke/)36614

The White Wizard of Fynn - Thriller ~ Michael Jackson (https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dnd13e95i5frou/WWoF%20-%20Thriller.wav)36615

Bubbaforever - Never Tear Us Apart ~ INXS (http://db.tt/rm87Qs0F) 36616

Sephex - Under The Milky Way Tonight ~ The Chruch (http://www.muziboo.com/Sephex/music/under-the-mily-way-bad-sephex-version/) 36617

Freya - What I like About You ~ The Romantics (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29631253/whatilikeaboutyou.wav)36618

Raistlin - Rainbow in the Dark ~ Dio (http://www.muziboo.com/raistlinknight/music/rainbow-in-the-dark/) 36619

Trumpet Thief - It's The End of the World ~ REM (http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/68090217/file.html) 36620

So listen and vote for your favorite this Round. Voting will close in one week.

Bubba
07-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Only been able to listen to Fynn and Freya so far but I'll be on a proper computer very soon to listen to the others!

Fynn ~ I loved the changes to the high notes. Very impressive! Good to hear your speaking voice as well.

Freya ~ This was awesome! Great voice, great song choice and loving the improv!

Sephex
07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
At work so I can't listen yet. In fact, it will probably take me a couple of days. I would already like to apologize for my terrible singing. However, I like a good chunk of 80s music, so I couldn't pass this up!

Fynn
07-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Fynn ~ I loved the changes to the high notes. Very impressive! Good to hear your speaking voice as well.

That is so nice of you, thank you ;) Though the more I listen to my recording, the less I like it - I should have sung with a more natural voice, instead of just trying to sound like MJ, but what the hell. At least I had fun :D I believe I'll be able to utilize my natural voice more in the Princess round.

So anyway, here's my personal evaluation:

Agent Proto - I just love your enthusiasm. It was a really fun listen.

Bubbaforever - Dude, you seriously need to stop adding that guitar to your recordings - you make us other guys look bad :tongue: You don't see me showing off my mad flute or piano skillz there, huh? :cool: Just kidding, of course :D I love your voice and how raspy it is here. Another superb performance ;)

Sephex - Dude, I just love your baritone... :love: I seriously fall in love in such voices whenever I hear them, but don't be creeped out! It's all about the music . Though I don't think the piece you chose does justice to your voice... Oh well, it's the 80s ;)

Freya - The emotion you put into this track is just impeccable. And that amazing voice just suits the track perfectly, and, most importantly, I'm pretty sure you made me have just as much fun as you were having. Love the ad lib :love:

Raistlin - You just made me :D and want to sing along with you! Such passion! Such fire! You are epic :cool:

Trumpet Thief - It's nice to finally hear your voice and it does not disappoint. Though you could have chosen a more melodic piece, 'cause I can tell you've got quite a good ear, but there's just not enough room for you to show off your full potential in this piece. And yes, you do need a better mic. (not saying that mine is any good, either...:roll2)

And now I have to decide who to vote for... Hmm... I would vote for Bubba, since you are clearly the champion here, IMO, but you got 800 points in the last round and I want to have at least a ghost of a chance in this tournament, so I'm just gonna go with Sephex's beautiful baritone ;)

Anyway, Wolf, do you intend to tell us if any of us made your list, or are you saving that for the final verdict?

EDIT: Goodness. I just looked at my post - emoticon cancer! What the smurf is wrong with me? Am I suddenly 13 again or something?

Rantz
07-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Fo sho! Enjoyed the hell out of that bunch. On an unrelated note, I don't know why people still dislike spambots these days. They're so entertaining.

Wolf Kanno
07-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Anyway, Wolf, do you intend to tell us if any of us made your list, or are you saving that for the final verdict?

Only one of you did, and that was Agent Proto with Tommy Tutone's 867-5309. His points will cost 2x amount of points, so start getting your fans to the polls. ;)

Sephex
07-24-2012, 11:42 PM
I didn't ever check to see if a spambot comments on my song! Lol'd pretty hard at it.

EDIT: 2 votes?! Are you guys INSANE?! Nah, just kidding. Thanks! Seriously didn't expect any. Also, I will probably listen to these later in the evening.

Agent Proto
07-24-2012, 11:48 PM
I enjoyed listening to all the songs, but I had to vote for only one, so my vote will go to Sephex. It was the most enjoyable to listen to.

Sephex
07-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Proto: You sounded like you had a blast, which is what karaoke is all about! Good job!

White Wizard of Fynn: After hearing your speaking voice (not saying anything is wrong with it), I didn't expect you do hit the higher parts of the song as well as you did! Very impressed.

Bubbaforever: What are you doing performing on an internet forum? GO OUT THERE AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD!! Excllent job like last time.

Sephex: BOOO! GET OFF THE STAGE!!!

Freya: I hate to sound like American Idol, but you put your own spin on it and made the song your own. This round is better than the last one because of you and Bubba alone! Also lol'd because you talked through an instrumental part just like me! Well done!

Raistlin: Better sound. Thanks! Anyway, you had me laughing in the right away again. You singing this reminds me of a real life buddy and his enthusiasm when he does 80s metal when my group plays Rock Band. Nice.

Trumpet Thief: Short and sweet! There is no way I could do that part that you did. Very cool, man! Simple as that.

That being said, I think I am jumping on the Bubba bandwagon. Good for you, man! You have my vote!

Agent Proto
07-25-2012, 03:47 AM
I had fun, it was the second song I sang last week, since I accidentally sang Hotel California which was a 70's song before, so I had to sing another song.

Trumpet Thief
07-26-2012, 05:30 AM
Sephex gets my vote for this round. I'll give a longer comment when I'm not super lazy, but everyone did an awesome job. :)

Shiny
07-26-2012, 08:14 AM
White Wizard of Fynn - I love your annunciations and also you sound like a flaming homo so I automatically want to befriend you. I wish it had the beat though that's only thing I could say so I could get my creep dance/walk on.

bubbaforever - really friggin' good especially around :45 seconds.

But since I already voted for bubba gonna give Fynn my vote this round.

Fynn
07-26-2012, 08:24 AM
you sound like a flaming homo

What D: Oh God, middle school flashback...

Anyway, thanks for the vote. ;)