PDA

View Full Version : Things you wish you could like, but just don't.

Jinx
07-25-2012, 12:16 AM
So, earlier I was thinking about how I don't like anime. I've tried hard several times in the last 7 or so years to get into it, but I just can't. (Besides stuff I watched as a kid e.g. Pokemanz, Sailor Moon) and how I want to like it. Like, I REALLY want to like it. But I just don't.

Also, I hate Shadow of the Colossus. Near about everyone I know loves that game, but for me I find it so boring and quiet. I just don't enjoy it in the least.

What are some things you guys don't like, but really wish you could, and have tried to like?

Sephex
07-25-2012, 12:30 AM
I love American Football. Can't get into College Football for the life of me.

Sylvie
07-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Rum. Because there's a whole bottle of it and I don't want to even drink some of it. I don't like rum.

Quindiana Jones
07-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Have you tried it with ginger ale? Because rum and ginger ale makes me all kinds of happy.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-25-2012, 01:07 AM
Led Zeppelin.

I know they're one of the original bands they helped create metal, and I love a lot of metal. I actually like a lot of their songs. I just can't stand the vocals. Every time Plant goes off into one of his whiney, weird, mangasm, rant things I start to rage and want to crush his larynx with a claw hammer.

Sephex
07-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Led Zeppelin.

I know they're one of the original bands they helped create metal, and I love a lot of metal. I actually like a lot of their songs. I just can't stand the vocals. Every time Plant goes off into one of his whiney, weird, mangasm, rant things I start to rage and want to crush his larynx with a claw hammer.

Throw Led Zeppelin discography on random. Take a shot whenever "love," "baby," or "woman" is said.

Sylvie
07-25-2012, 01:09 AM
Have you tried it with ginger ale? Because rum and ginger ale makes me all kinds of happy.
No, but Rum & Coca-Cola tastes bad to me. I pretty much only enjoy it if there's an insignificant amount of rum and a good bit of Coke, with some ice cubes.

I do actually like pineapple rum, I believe.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-25-2012, 01:11 AM
Led Zeppelin.

Throw Led Zeppelin discography on random. Take a shot whenever "love," "baby," or "woman" is said.

I know I'll get piss drunk, but I think I'll black out before I'll ever start to like them. :|

Jinx
07-25-2012, 01:12 AM
No, but Rum & Coca-Cola tastes bad to me. I pretty much only enjoy it if there's an insignificant amount of rum and a good bit of Coke, with some ice cubes.

I do actually like pineapple rum, I believe.

COCONUT RUM AND PINEAPPLE JUICE

I wish I could like The Flaming Lips. :( I first heard Do You Realize and looooved it. And then I thought the rest of their music was shit.

Sylvie
07-25-2012, 01:22 AM
I feel the same way about the Flaming Lips. I want to like all of their material but I only can enjoy a handful of songs from their early 90's era. Their best albums are In A Priest Driven Ambulance, Hit to Death On Future Head, Transmissions from the Satellite Heart, and Clouds Taste Metallic.

As for songs, Sam, check out:

God Walks Among Us Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNH59dsxd4Q)
She Don't Use Jelly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXPh8RzBNhY)
Lucifer Rising (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vc9uf1TMAc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL89C3BB23AA506605)
Five-Stop Mother Superior Rain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukt212_j-w8)
Psychiatric Exploration of the Fetus With Needles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrjrazYf6k)

sharkythesharkdogg
I like some of The Flaming Lips, but yeah.......not a favorite.

Oh, wheat beer. :barf:

Everyone goes on and on about the great flavor, but everyone I try has this horrible after taste.

Pike
Cooking, baking, nutrition in general. Can I just live off of frozen food already?

NorthernChaosGod
07-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Led Zeppelin.

:(

fire_of_avalon
07-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Led Zeppelin.

Also sooooo much of their music was plagiarized. So. Much.

I reallywish I could like my sister's babydaddy.

Trumpet Thief
07-25-2012, 05:05 AM
I feel the same way about the Flaming Lips. I want to like all of their material but I only can enjoy a handful of songs from their early 90's era. Their best albums are In A Priest Driven Ambulance, Hit to Death On Future Head, Transmissions from the Satellite Heart, and Clouds Taste Metallic.

As for songs, Sam, check out:

God Walks Among Us Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNH59dsxd4Q)
She Don't Use Jelly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXPh8RzBNhY)
Lucifer Rising (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vc9uf1TMAc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL89C3BB23AA506605)
Five-Stop Mother Superior Rain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukt212_j-w8)
Psychiatric Exploration of the Fetus With Needles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlrjrazYf6k)

You didn't like 'The Soft Bulletin'? :eek:

Also, I wish I could like sushi.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-25-2012, 05:23 AM
Led Zeppelin.

Also sooooo much of their music was plagiarized. So. Much.

I reallywish I could like my sister's babydaddy.

I'm sorry Julian, I've tried! :cry:

I know a lot of it was blues influenced, but I never paid attention to how much was a blatant rip off. Not the first band to rip straight from blues artists.

Also, no one expects you to like that guy.

Shiny
07-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Beer. I'll drink it if it's the only thing at a party, but definitely not my first choice.

krissy
07-25-2012, 06:36 AM
boys

Wolf Kanno
07-25-2012, 06:48 AM
Valkyria Chronicles, part of me keeps telling myself I should actually really enjoy this game, the other part of me finds the plot to be an awful play on every anime war story ever written and the gameplay is way too slow. God I wish strategy games would just skip showing me the enemy movement unless it concerns me or speed it up cause watching the enemy move its 8 billion units is tedious.

I'll second wheat beers, they are awful, also heavy IPA beers are also pretty bad. It's like trying to drink whole grain bread.

Modern Anime - There are some good titles here and there but overall, there is very little that interests me, unlike the old days where everything seemed pretty interesting or were at least "so bad, it's good" 80s flavor nonsense. I think the overboard catering to fan service in the last decade is part of the problem.

Going to the Movies/ watching marathons - I just feel like I have better things to do with my time, so I really have to really be engrossed into what I'm watching or I start getting bored and want to move around and multi-task.

Playing Emulators on my PC - I don't know what it is, I just can't seem to finish console games on my PC.

Versaille
07-25-2012, 08:36 AM
LOVE all of the flaming lips.

And I would have to say Monty Python. Might be because all the nerd boys burnt me out of it at an early age by quoting it excessively and making me watch it over and over again at get togethers.

Shlup
07-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Saying you don't like anime is like saying you don't like movies. There's a looooooot of shitty anime, but there's a loooooooot of shitty movies. You don't have to like all of a genre or none.

I wish I liked sports so my ass wouldn't be so wide.

Goldenboko
07-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Rum. Because there's a whole bottle of it and I don't want to even drink some of it. I don't like rum.

Get tipsy on something else, then start drinking the rum.

Quindiana Jones
07-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Humankind.

The italics mean I'm serious.

Bubba
07-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Any incarnation of Doctor Who

If he was on fire in my front room... I would urinate on him, save his life, then sue him for property damage. Then I'd kill him.

Shorty
07-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Aw Sylvie, that's a shame! Maybe try it over ice with some orange juice? Rum and OJ tastes just like an orange julius to me, and those are heavenly.

Public transportation. Riding the train and taking a bus, etc around to the city would be a hell of a lot better than paying $30 or so for parking, but I just won't do it.

Hollycat
07-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Ghost peppers. I so desperately wanted to be a tough guy and eat a whole one. It put me out of commission for a full day.

Cuchulainn
07-25-2012, 06:42 PM
everything i hate I am glad i hate. i dont understand this problem.

Hollycat
07-25-2012, 06:43 PM

What is your opinion of me?

Tigmafuzz
07-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Ghost peppers. I so desperately wanted to be a tough guy and eat a whole one. It put me out of commission for a full day.

I smurfing love ghost peppers. The trick to not letting them completely destroy your mouth and stomach (and everything in between) is to eat a few bananas beforehand. It'll still burn a little, but it won't be too bad. I used to eat habanero raw as a kid.

Hollycat
07-25-2012, 06:48 PM

I smurfing love ghost peppers. The trick to not letting them completely destroy your mouth and stomach (and everything in between) is to eat a few bananas beforehand. It'll still burn a little, but it won't be too bad. I used to eat habanero raw as a kid.

Habanero is doable, hurts, but doable.

Next time I'll try bananas, but if I die I'm haunting you.

Jessweeee♪
07-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Mushrooms.

Saying you don't like anime is like saying you don't like movies. There's a looooooot of titty anime, but there's a loooooooot of titty movies. You don't have to like all of a genre or none.

I wish I liked sports so my ass wouldn't be so wide.

Yeah I have a friend who used to really be into a lot of different anime shows, some titty, some really good, some of them kid shows, some of them mature, but now he says he's "outgrown anime." I think that's weird. You can outgrow certain shows sure, but you don't outgrow a medium. That's like if I said I've outgrown watching things in claymation.

escobert
07-25-2012, 06:56 PM
I love American Football. Can't get into College Football for the life of me.

Same here.
Being more health. I cba.

Cuchulainn
07-25-2012, 10:56 PM

What is your opinion of me?

dont have one. ive no idea who the fuck you are. I mean im sure ive seen the name about but it literally means nothing to me. nothing personal mucker just dont remember ever talking to you so im unable to massage the ole ego for ye.

Raebus
07-26-2012, 01:20 AM
The classic British films :( Wicker man, Clockwork Orange and so on. I think they're awful and do not see why they are so celebrated but really want to like them. Oh and crabs. I hate crabs so much and they just freak me out BUT I do like crab sticks, which is at odds with my hatred and fear of crabs and lobsters and I really, really want to like crabs. Not petting them but a content nod in their direction.

Jinx
07-26-2012, 01:20 AM
The classic British films :( Wicker man, Clockwork Orange and so on. I think they're awful and do not see why they are so celebrated. Oh and crabs. I hate crabs so much and they just freak me out BUT I do like crab sticks, which is at odds with my hatred and fear of crabs and lobsters and :(

Lol, no one likes crabs. ;D

DMKA
07-26-2012, 03:11 AM
Fruits
Water
Sports
Politics

Shiny
07-26-2012, 10:17 PM
You don't like water? How is that even possible...almost everything has water including your body.

Jowy
07-26-2012, 10:31 PM
i have never played shadow of the colossus. just throwin' that out there.

regina spektor sounds like a screeching harpy and i can't stand her music
most condiments are vile and make your food slimy and gross
green peppers on pizza
creme filled donuts
diablo

escobert
07-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Swimming
I HATE to swim. I swim decently I just really dislike being wet and cold. and wet. :(

Sylvie
07-26-2012, 10:53 PM
"AAAOOO-oooohh!~ I laahhhvv getting wet! :-*"

fire_of_avalon
07-26-2012, 10:58 PM
regina spektor sounds like a screeching harpy and i can't stand her music
I love you.

creme filled donuts

… I hate you. Oh I'm so confused.

Pike
07-26-2012, 11:50 PM
most condiments are vile and make your food slimy and gross

This

This times a million

Shorty
07-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Yogurt. I hate it, but social media tells me that women (http://freshhealthyvending.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/woman-eating-yogurt.jpg) look (http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2010/11/woman-eating-yogurt-with-fruit.jpg) so happy (http://cdn.hivehealthmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/woman-eating-yogurt.jpg) eating it and that I could be happy eating it, too!

Also salads.

Sylvie
07-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Alright listen salads are fucking good

krissy
07-27-2012, 01:05 AM
Women Laughing Alone With Salad | The Hairpin (http://thehairpin.com/2011/01/women-laughing-alone-with-salad/)

Jowy
07-27-2012, 01:14 AM
beat me to it, krissy

Madame Adequate
07-27-2012, 02:00 AM
The electronic entertainment game "Final Fantasy XII".

All the pieces for a timeless classic are there, and yet it adds up to a turd.

Sylvie
07-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Yeah, Final Fantasy XII is a real piece of :skull::skull::skull::skull:

Quindiana Jones
07-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Well, this puts me something of a dilemma, MILD. You tug 'pon all my heartstrings, ye bastard.

Sylvie
07-27-2012, 02:13 AM
why don't you try speaking english once in a while, Quin

Shorty
07-27-2012, 02:18 AM
Women Laughing Alone With Salad | The Hairpin (http://thehairpin.com/2011/01/women-laughing-alone-with-salad/)

Also the best Halloween getup.

Bubba
07-30-2012, 03:40 PM
That party looks all kinds of awesome

Clo
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Most people.

Tigmafuzz
08-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Most people.

escobert
08-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I could stand XII a hell of a lot longer than I could stand playing X.

and I wish I could get into watching movies more but, I'd just so much rather watch a series.

Wolf Kanno
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Most people.

Pike
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
I can't agree with this "most people" thing because I don't want to like most people in the first place

Jinx
08-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Most people.

mmmm....Evil Tuxedo Mask

Criminally Vulgar
08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Most people, including myself. :kakapo::kakapo::kakapo::kakapo:

Shauna
08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Beer. I'll drink it if it's the only thing at a party, but definitely not my first choice.

Quite. Except I won't ever touch the stuff. I have been stupidly drunk before, and still couldn't get through a sip of beer without being disgusted. I have tried many walks of beer, some of them being the "good tasting" beers. All tastes the same to me.

In the end this leads to a lot of expensive nights out, because I can't drink the cheap stuff. :( I've been told just to power through, and just keep drinking it - I will learn to tolerate.

Uhh, aside from this, most things I don't like I feel completely validated in my dislike for and have no desire to change my opinions on.

Miss Lady Shelly
08-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Sleeping with my window open. I mean i always have my fan blowing on me but yeah.