PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Creed discussion thread

Shattered Dreamer
07-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Given the sheer level of conversation surrounding the Assassins Creed series that has started in the What are you playing now thread I figured why not open up a thread to discuss the AC series?

I'm still in the middle of my first Assassins Creed 2 playthrough. I'm on Memory Sequence either 9 or 10 (just killed the Doge at the Carnival). I got Altair's armour last night & it looks so much better then Ezio & the fact that it doesn't seem to break is also very handy. I absolutely loved the Assassins Tombs side missions :bigsmile:

Judging from all the conversation in the what you're playing now thread I'm going to have to pick up Brotherhood straight after I finish 2!

Wolf Kanno
07-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Yeah, the AC games are pretty notorious for having cliffhangar/head scratching endings. Brotherhood and the original AC1 are probably the best offenders in that regard. AC2 is such a gem of a game, and I cannot wait for Assassin's Creed 3 and Assassin's Creed Liberation finally makes picking up a Vita something more inevitable for me.

While the murderous action stealth gameplay is fun, it's actually the history that attracts me the most to the games. Often, history classes simply give you the highlights of the Renaissance and focus on the art and science, instead of the down and dirty politics that makes history so fun to study. The Ottoman takeover of Constantinople is another that really gets brushed off in our history class but then again, America is a pretty ego-centric nation. That's why ACIII will be interesting because it will actually be the telling of an American historical event from a non-American author who isn't going to sugar coat facts.

Gameplay wise, the Assassin's Tombs are definetly my favorite sections of the games, though Brotherhood and Revelations are not quite as smooth as ACII's but they are still pretty bad ass. I think Altair's Armor in ACII is still my favorite "Ultimate Armor" in the series, though the Master Assassin Armor wasn't too shabby.

Shattered Dreamer
07-25-2012, 11:10 AM
One of my favorite parts of AC2 thus far story wise is the memory of Altair in Acre that Desmond sees while outside the Animus I haven't played a series of games in quite some time that really holds my attention quite like AC

krissy
07-25-2012, 11:42 AM
i really like the fact that ezio gets laid absolutely everywhere
and desmond and the others totally see it happen

Shattered Dreamer
07-25-2012, 01:27 PM
i really like the fact that ezio gets laid absolutely everywhere
and desmond and the others totally see it happen

Yeah they must totally have to wipe down that Animus chair with an industrial strength cleaner :lol: My favorite such incident is the random chick in Romagna who offers to give Ezio a "riding lesson" if he can complete a race quick enough :lol:

krissy
07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
that one was my favorite too
private riding lessons hahaha

i also was conflicted, in ac brotherhood, when

you have that side memory a few years back (takes place before ac2) when you friggin stalk your crush because she wouldn't give you her name...i mean yeah you save her from a rape afterward, but you're straight up stalking the girl! so yes i'm conflicted.

DMKA
07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm the same as WK, I love the story and hall but the history aspect of it really intrigues me. Assassin's Creed is the first series with as many installments as it has that I've actively paid attention to since, well, probably Final Fantasy.

I love Ezio as a character and knowing I'll never play as him again is kind of a bummer. I hope Connor or whatever ACIII dude's name is will be half as awesome.

Shattered Dreamer
07-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Speaking of the history element, I never heard before AC2 that Leonardo Da Vinci was most likely gay. I googled the topic once it said it in the game & he was indeed once arrested for having an orgy with 3 dudes one of them a male prostitute :lol:

krissy
07-25-2012, 03:24 PM
whoa neat, i didn't even read that in the game. but then i didn't read a lot of the database stuff.

Shattered Dreamer
07-25-2012, 03:30 PM
whoa neat, i didn't even read that in the game. but then i didn't read a lot of the database stuff.

The game also made me read into the Medici I little more too. I did a little Renaissance history in high school like 8 years ago but it's interesting to read into it now again after playing AC2. And who said video games weren't educational!

Hollycat
07-25-2012, 04:21 PM
I like the memory where you play as Altiar's sperm

Shattered Dreamer
07-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Just reached Memory Sequence 13. I feel like this is a DLC mission because the combat just got a whole lot easier. Loving Ezio's beard though :lol:

DMKA
07-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Speaking of the history element, I never heard before AC2 that Leonardo Da Vinci was most likely gay. I googled the topic once it said it in the game & he was indeed once arrested for having an orgy with 3 dudes one of them a male prostitute :lol:
Well, no one really knows for a fact he had said orgy, but we do know him and the three other dudes were arrested for sodomy (though never convicted), and that he painted a whole bunch of portraits of, and left his estate, to one of said dudes. Combine this with the fact that he had next to zero relationships with any women and...yeah, it's pretty likely. :p

Hollycat
07-26-2012, 03:13 AM

Seriously? no one wants to discuss that scene?

Madonna
07-26-2012, 03:40 AM
These games are fun, but the excitement dies down fast as you get better armor, better weapons, and, well, more weapons. There is nothing more thrilling than getting the job done with hidden blades and throwing knives, so there is so little satisfaction hidden gunning targets and then counter-brawling all the small fry.

The multi-player aspect of Brotherhood and Revelations is the best. Yeah, you and your opponents can all be douches who dispense with stealth and sprint everywhere, but there is a joy in getting an Incognito bonus as you walk away from an unsuspecting target.

Shattered Dreamer
07-26-2012, 09:18 AM

Seriously? no one wants to discuss that scene?

Are you talking about the brief moment during Desmond's Acre flashback in AC2? I really shouldn't be encouraging your penis talk again :lol:

Wolf Kanno
07-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Yeah, we're not going there.

Shattered Dreamer
07-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah, we're not going there.

:lol: So yeah was Memory 11 the end of the main game in AC2 or what?

Shattered Dreamer
07-27-2012, 10:35 PM
The end of AC2.....WOW!

Wolf Kanno
07-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Its a bit eerie, but generally pretty cool. I like the final boss fight actually. It was fun to actually get to use the games McGuffin.

Hollycat
07-28-2012, 06:21 AM
For the last fight in two, I think it would be much better if you were Irish.

Shattered Dreamer
07-29-2012, 03:37 AM
Its a bit eerie, but generally pretty cool. I like the final boss fight actually. It was fun to actually get to use the games McGuffin.

There is something particularly awesome about getting to fight the Pope isn't there :lol:

Why Irish?

Hollycat
07-29-2012, 03:41 AM

There is something particularly awesome about getting to fight the Pope isn't there :lol:

Why Irish?

Because it's a fist fight.

Shattered Dreamer
07-29-2012, 02:20 PM

Why Irish?

Because it's a fist fight.

You're such a racist HC :lol:

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2012, 10:02 PM
The end of AC2.....WOW!

Seriously. I mean Desmond is pretty much the second coming of Jesus.

G13
07-29-2012, 10:20 PM
I absolutely love these games. The recent installment, Revelations, left something to be desired for me, but it was a good adventure to go out on with Ezio.

AC1 will always remain my favorite. I know a lot of people criticize it for it's repetitiveness, but I really, really enjoy that game. AC2 was mind blowing, and Brotherhood even more so. This is one of the only series I even care about anymore.

:hyper: Super stoked for III.

Edit: Jess, have you played Revelations yet?

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Yes! I am finally, finally caught up xD

Shattered Dreamer
08-18-2012, 01:37 AM
I'm finally onto Revelations & I love how polished the gameplay feels compared to AC2(I felt Brotherhood's general gameplay felt a little clunky compared to AC2). The hook blade is a nice addition. Constantinople is awesome. Not sure what I make out of this whole Animus world thing though.

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm running through Assassins Creed 2 for the first time ever. I am in love with it. Though I'm already pretty ridiculously rich.

Freya
08-23-2012, 02:26 AM

yDG2HMt-ubw

I'm or I was pretty damn good at multiplayer. Honestly AC3 is the only game i'm looking forward to this holiday season. You can buy a hidden blade repilca at gamestop for 39.99 or well order it. I WANT IT.

Wolf Kanno
08-23-2012, 05:32 AM
It's the only thing I have reserved for the moment. Will be coming out around my birthday too, w00t!
!

Jiro
08-23-2012, 05:48 AM
I doubt they'll let the hidden blade offer out in this country but if this is true then fucking I WANT ONE

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm running through Assassins Creed 2 for the first time ever. I am in love with it. Though I'm already pretty ridiculously rich.

Yeah it's pretty easy to make money in this series. In Brotherhood and Revelations I often found myself buying banks just to withdraw money.

Freya
08-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah but you have to preorder it. You can't just go up there to buy it. Most stores wont just be selling it for retail. They wont get them in shipment unless you order it!

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lscreen/176424_440x350.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lscreen/176429_440x350.jpg

OQLrZjpoUhw

Someone buy it for me!

Shattered Dreamer
08-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I finished Revelations last Sunday after the first marathon game session I've had in over 6 months. Playing as old Altair was awesome! I'm super stoaked for AC3! The AC series is officially one of my favourite game series ever!