PDA

View Full Version : Villains

Shorty
07-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Down with the heroes, let's talk about our favorite villains! Books, movies, comics, anime, tv shows. Name the villains you love.

1. The Joker / Batman
2. Tom Riddle/Voldemort / Harry Potter
3. Hans Landa / Inglorious Basterds
4. Judge Doom / Roger Rabbit
5. Anton Chigurh / No County For Old Men
6. Doc Ock / Spider-man
7. Two-face / Batman
8. Zorg / The Fifth Element
9. Vicious / Cowboy Bebop
10. Captain Hook / Peter Pan
11. Randall / Monster's Inc
12. Pyramid Head / Silent Hill

And lastly, goddamn Carmen Sandiego. I could never actually locate that wench.

Rantz
07-26-2012, 07:41 AM

Shiny
07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
In order of clown-ness

1. The Joker
2. Sweet Tooth
3. Kefka
4. Hannibal Lecter
5. Norman Bates
6. Hal 9000
7. Patrick Bateman
8. Joan Crawford (as seen in Mommie Dearest played by Faye Dunaway)
9. Alonzo Harris
10. Miss Trunchbull - I had a principal similar to her when I went to a private school so I'd have to say she really friggin' scared me.

Forsaken Lover
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
LOTR popularized Sauron but Sauron is small potatoes.

We informed know who the true Dark Lord is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlBQDNe8lAI

Other than the rightful Master of the Fates of Arda, there is Grahf from Xenogears.

From films, I love Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean.

And then there are a bunch more. I'm reading The Stand right now and Randal Flagg seems cool enough.

Quindiana Jones
07-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman.

NeoCracker
07-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Seem to be a lot of guys pulling for Joker. As they should, cause Joker is fucking awesome.

I'll throw in Vicious from Bebop as well. Dude just seemed like he enjoyed what he did so much. Really a lot of bebop villains were great though. I liked VIncent almost as much as Vicious.

Though I think they lose out to Johan and Roberto from Monster.

Shorty
07-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Aww man, how did I forget about Bowie! Trunchbull is a good one - she scared the shit out of me as a kid.

The Man
07-26-2012, 07:40 PM
In more or less the order that I think of them:

The Daleks (Doctor Who)
The Weeping Angels (Doctor Who)
The Master (Doctor Who)
Kefka (FFVI)
Kuja (FFIX)
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Luca Blight (Suikoden II)
Thanatos (Secret of Mana)
The Joker (Batman)
HAL 9000 (2001: A Space Odyssey)
Ozymandias (Watchmen)
Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts)
Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men)
Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
Martin Vanger (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)
The Operative (Serenity)
Jubal Early (Firefly)
Ben Linus (Lost)
Brother John Cavil (Battlestar Galactica)
The Cigarette-Smoking Man (The X-Files)

And probably several others I'm forgetting. Some of these are more anti-villains than villains, especially Magus, Ozymandias, Albert Simon, and Ben Linus, but I listed them anyway. All things told I think this is a fairly good mix of some of the most despicable villains in fiction with some of the more sympathetic ones.

Bunny
07-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Not one mention of Keyser Soze.

The Man
07-26-2012, 08:20 PM
He was one of the "several others I'm forgetting". Which is strange as I just watched part of The Usual Suspects the other day. I also forgot the Gruber brothers from Die Hard and Die Hard with a Vengeance, and Saffron from Firefly.

Shiny
07-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Martin Vanger definitely. I was just watching that movie yesterday. In the novel, original, and remake he just so sick. Not in the good way.

The Man
07-26-2012, 10:56 PM
I think that is honestly the single most disturbing portrayal of a psychopath I have ever seen in fiction, mostly because of his utter nonchalance about his actions. And I've read lots of mystery novels. What is particularly disturbing about him is that you don't see him being a psycho coming. At all. At least I didn't. And it's to the point where I think even mentioning his name as a villain is a pretty big spoiler. :monster: Then again I hadn't read nearly as many mysteries when I read Larsson as I have now.